AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

Hey guys - this may be a dumb question, but does the Feast Day delusion let me Feeding Frenzy for free once in my turn and the opponents turn? I've been doing it once per game turn, but in AoS that's usually referred to as the battle round. Using Feeding Frenzy twice as often as I have been seems insane, but the delusion states "Once per turn". 

17 minutes ago, TheBluMnM said:

Hey guys - this may be a dumb question, but does the Feast Day delusion let me Feeding Frenzy for free once in my turn and the opponents turn? I've been doing it once per game turn, but in AoS that's usually referred to as the battle round. Using Feeding Frenzy twice as often as I have been seems insane, but the delusion states "Once per turn". 

The Feast Day:

Once per turn, you can use the Feeding Frenzy command ability without a command point being spent.

Useable it in both turns, yours and yours opponents turn.

2 minutes ago, Fluttershy said:

The Feast Day:

Once per turn, you can use the Feeding Frenzy command ability without a command point being spent.

Useable it in both turns, yours and yours opponents turn.

Wow. I thought it was powerful once per battle round, but now it's crazy! Thanks - I'm still pretty new to the rules, so when I see something powerful, I assume I'm doing it wrong 😂

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:51 AM, XReN said:

... use drybrush technique with an old brush...

(PIC BRUSH PIC)

Nah tried that, can't fit it in the paintpot :(

Also if I wanted to take some ghouls in gristlegore to have some objective grabbers / something that isn't just a monster would I need to have exactly 40 per unit and courtiers to make use of them? I figure that if you can gear them up with super attack amounts surely even a unit of 10 could have uses? Or is it way to squishy to be of use that low?

7 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

Nah tried that, can't fit it in the paintpot :(

get a bigger pot

the-man-prepares-a-big-pot-kadhai-to-be-used-in-cooking-food-for-langar-EDND98.jpg.0b379e06582028e3aadf8c75deb28724.jpg

9 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

even a unit of 10 could have uses? Or is it way to squishy to be of use that low?

10 = real squishy, imo only useable to grab uncovered objectives

20 = ok, if courtier(s) nearby

30/40 = lots of dice to roll ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fluttershy said:

get a bigger pot

(BIG POT PIC)

10 = real squishy, imo only useable to grab uncovered objectives

20 = ok, if courtier(s) nearby

30/40 = lots of dice to roll ;)

Brb buying 70 billion pots of GW grey & white to drybrush my scheme with that pot.

Those all sound like terrible options! ;) But I have 30 made and figure I should use them because apparently 3 terrorghiests and a zombie dragon can't take objectives (obviously the rules were written by losers who don't understand that monsters are way cooler than puny people)

I might need to get a dice shaker for all those ghoul attacks.

Question from a FEC newbie here:

A friend of mine who managed to ge the Carrion Empire box left me the FEC parts, which I originally wanted for my Kings of War Undead but which I am now considering to collect as an AoS FEC as well.  After getting some additional ghouls and Horrors via Ebay, and planning to buy a "Start Collecting Box" later this month, I will have:

1 Abhorrent Archregent

1 Ghoul King on Terrorgheist

6 Crypt Horrors

6 Crypt Flayers

50 normal Ghouls

How much more of each unit do I need to be able to properly field a variety of army lists in the 2000 pt range? Also, which Spells and/or terrain pieces do I absolutely have to buy for FEC?

I think that you'll need an additional Start collecting (to build the HQ/heros from the horrors/flyers and ghouls) and to build a dragon (magnetize the king on it so he can be on foot or on behemoth).

Then a throne. A must have if I read players correctly.

Last but not least: a varghulf courtier.

Endless spells are not that mandatory.

With that, you are pretty much set for a lot of fun.

• Like 1

I have two other big undead flying beasts from non-GW ranges, so I'd have a grand total of 2 Terrorgheists and one Zombie Dragon, to be deployed with or without rider. I've heard that in theory one can field 5 Terrorgheists or something like that, but I'm not looking to field the most crazy broken combo possible, I'm more of a casual player.

On the courtiers/heroes: Are those actually separate models or are they just the "hero" option of the Ghoul/Horror/Flayer sprue?

How many of the "standard" infantry (Ghouls/Horrors/Flayers) will I need respectively? If I understood it correctly, FEC are apparently big on creating new units in-game.

Edited by Esmer

39 minutes ago, Esmer said:

I have two other big undead flying beasts from non-GW ranges, so I'd have a grand total of 2 Terrorgheists and one Zombie Dragon, to be deployed with or without rider. I've heard that in theory one can field 5 Terrorgheists or something like that, but I'm not looking to field the most crazy broken combo possible, I'm more of a casual player.

On the courtiers/heroes: Are those actually separate models or are they just the "hero" option of the Ghoul/Horror/Flayer sprue?

How many of the "standard" infantry (Ghouls/Horrors/Flayers) will I need respectively? If I understood it correctly, FEC are apparently big on creating new units in-game.

The great thing about FEC is that everything in our book is great :D

For casual play you can use pretty much anything and it will work if you utilise our synergies and you have a very balanced set of models to start and test out everything, after you get an understanding of what playstyle suits you, then you can figure out what else you need and what you'll be able (and profit from) to summon.

Yes, all courtiers but Varghulf are from their respective boxes, and those are what you need sooner than later to feel the army

• Like 2

Hi all! If you were to start from scratch with this army. What would you buy as a good base for an FEC army. 

Im thinking a 1k list that is viable and that can get easily taken up to 2k.  Anything you've tested to great effect

Is there like a good thread or something to get a "crash course" on the army? What models to use/not use. 

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Kimbo said:

What would you buy as a good base for an FEC army.

The Start Collecting Boxes rule supreme. Like @Mmanuel said the CE-Set for the Regent, if you don’t want to proxy and to get some ghoul horde options. Then you’ll need a varghulf.

1k list

GkoTg, Archregent, 10/20 ghouls, the chalice of ushoran 940 points and 1 an extra cp...

summoning in some horrors and a varghulf, while the gkotg is the mobile red smoothie generator 

I think that‘s a solid start and from there you can test out some options, getting a feel for all the units.

• Like 1

N

7 hours ago, Mmanuel said:

If you got a friend for divide the Carrion Empire box, 2 of it and a start collecting are amazing for a 1000 point list.... Maybe 1 Carrion and 1 start collecting can be worth.... 

The Carrion Empire box is sold out... Unfortunately 😥

And no i have no one to share it with atm. How else would you go about it?

Edited by Kimbo

1k list - called the "friend-maker"

(needs 2 Start Collecting Boxes.. convert 1 Ghoul King to Archregent)

Gristlegore Grand Court

LEADERS

1x Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)

General - Command Trait : Savage Strike - Artefact : Ghurish Mawshard - Lore of Madness : Blood Feast - Mount Trait : Gruesome Bite

1x Abhorrant Archregent (200)

Lore of Madness : Spectral Host

BATTLELINES

1x Royal Terrorgheist (300)

1x 10 Ghouls (100)

Summon 2x 3 Flayers/Horrors

imo the fastest way to get in FEC - and the fastest way to get out of em because everyone will hate you ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3