AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

2 hours ago, TheWilddog said:

Looks like a Blisterkin Flayer Heavy Deadwatch list did well at Heat 1 (top 3).  They showed Russ Veal's list on the Warhammer TV Stream and it was something like, Archregent, AGK, AGKoTG, x2 Infernal Courtier, x6 Flayers, x6 Flayers, x3 Flayers. 

I am really glad to see that there is a little more play in the army than the Gristlegore Monster bomb.

Wonder if he used Grim Garland in this list

3 hours ago, TheWilddog said:

Looks like a Blisterkin Flayer Heavy Deadwatch list did well at Heat 1 (top 3).  They showed Russ Veal's list on the Warhammer TV Stream and it was something like, Archregent, AGK, AGKoTG, x2 Infernal Courtier, x6 Flayers, x6 Flayers, x3 Flayers. 

I am really glad to see that there is a little more play in the army than the Gristlegore Monster bomb.

so did anyone watch his games?

I mean theres still 2 mounted guys there. How come i get the feeling 2 mounted TG is enough to be competitive and the Flayers were basically mv 12 capping machines.

2 minutes ago, soots said:

I mean theres still 2 mounted guys there. How come i get the feeling 2 mounted TG is enough to be competitive and the Flayers were basically mv 12 capping machines.

It's double infernal, not double TG

4 hours ago, XReN said:

Wonder if he used Grim Garland in this list

Yes they mentioned he was running the Garland.

4 hours ago, soots said:

I watched and it seemed it was only one fatty. The Flayers were doing a lot of the work. He also had Cogs, so it was brutal fast get up on you list.  The match they showed was a turn 2 concession from Sylvaneth. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, schwabbele said:

Hmm does a greenish FEC Army work :D ?

20190303_175826185_iOS.jpg.9faf612eea4b0075b7bbc7c90bf82ea9.jpg

2 hours ago, KoalaSnok said:

Why not? Looks great. The book pretty much states their color adapts according to their delusions and/or feeding habits ;)

so they are ... vegetarian...cannibals :o?

looks good, nonetheless 😛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

Question about the endless spells: I finaly grabbed a FEC army (which kinda was super cheap at the end). But I didn't took the ES.  Are they interesting, useless,  or what?

I haven’t used the horses (I prefer utility to damage, that said I might use pendulum for more board control... but again that’s using the damage spell for utility isn’t it? Haha) I will say that against non FEC, the chalice will make a 40 man horde whoop anything if not dispelled, I have not found anyone (other then one or two units with the potential to wipe a 40 man in one turn, this includes large pestilens, sometimes fully buffed skeleton but that’s unlikely as the initial hit from Skeletons is often weak do to their slowness so they can get that many models in combat, and daughters of khaine when fully buffed are similar but have the speed) and trust me add in cogs or blisterskin or anything that confirms you charge first and you still best those units I mentioned. Also a dragon with chalice can heal to full sometimes so that’s well worth 40 points I would say! Even if it’s dispelled the ability to essentially get rid of an enemies spell a turn is pretty good! Next is barricade, if used to it’s full potential easily my favourite endless spell, I thought it would be weak but man I’ve had it deny pretty much point blank charges (as enemies must go around so small units within 3 inches essentially have to make a 7 inch charge as opposed to a 3 inch charge depending on placement etc. Anyone with flying will still feel the hurt of losing speed, but of course it’s best against foot soldiers. If placed in such a way that it prevents objective grabbing or messes up a charge (heck I’ve used it mid combat to block some of a big horde from piling in) then it can win you games. If you aren’t great with placement then it’s a nice bonus that covers a lot of ground, but with the right placement and opponent (as in not nighthaunt omg flying all around the board lol) I’ve found it to be better then the chalice (palisade does something similar but it can blind your own troops so I find the barricade to be better for that reason alone) it’s also a measly 30 points so it fits in every list honestly 

it should be noted that in specific lists and at 2000 points cogs is more useful then these endless spells at times, so if taking lists that are better with cogs (which means blisterskin haha) then I wouldn’t recommend stocking up on our own spells (but taking chalice or barricade isn’t too expensive and a big monster healing to full is still dangerous so they work fine it’s just sometimes 100 points for endless spells and then battalions on top of that can be a lot) so are they good? I find them amazing (I play ghoul hordes of course I find the chalice amazing lol) but if I was focusing on flayers or blisterskin they wouldn’t be be my first choice

Edited by TheadTheOgorSlayer
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, XReN said:

What lists do you run? I'd like to try hordes after I finish painting ghouls up to 90

I play 1k exclusively so I’ll just tell you my list I’ve used with a bit of playtesting (although I will say it’s not Uber competitive, I think a mounted king would go a long way at this level I just don’t wanna drop anything for it haha, gristle gore may be the best bet for small games but they have no objective grabbing power so mobile hordes may beat them if they can deal enough damage. I think the best courts right now is blisterskin but I haven s used either in lists tailored to them so idk how they actually perform

i run

archregent w/plus 2 cast and dispell trait and relic combo

spell: blood feast (for extra ghoul replacement as I don’t spam ghasts)

varghulf (for a cheap rending beast, also with feast day and the arch regents spell he does work)

40 ghouls (this with feast day will break anything without a 2 up rerollable save lol, this and chalice plus blood feast allows me to keep control on one flank very easily)

20 ghouls (this is our second mob, I use them to fill out my 40 mob when nescessary by blocking charges when chalice is up, can be survivable against things that aren’t Uber Death Stars)

barricade (this helps my lack of mobility, also with this and plus two to cast and dispell the magic phase is mine vs most opponents)

chalice (keeps my ghouls healthy and the varghulf likes it too when injured! I like this with the varghulf compared to a monster for multiple reasons A)no damage table B)is a hero so always in range of the command ability therefore I can ALWAYS strike twice if needed and that’s a great boon at times) again a mounted king is still better but he’s also 400 points, I’m thinking of trying this list with mounted king (same spells and stuff) and two units of ghouls (probably a 40 man and a 10 man to nab chalice, and maybe grab blisterskin and summon a flayer unit for warmachine hunting but it’s eh until I test it)

If I was gonna be competitive I would recommend (for like the 5th time this post I know you just want to hear ghoul hordes lol) blisterskin and flayers with the grim garland and cogs since it’s honestly our best looking list to me lol, I do like my ghouls tho!

summoning is always a choice depending on what I’m up against. Against things like squig spam the flayer screams are JUICY but normally if it’s armour I grab flayers or varghulf for taste (varghulf most of the time honestly but becuase I like a big monster who can bring in ghouls) and sometimes if I’m feeling cheeky on a back line objective I’ll grab 20 ghouls and stuff a barricade somewhere to keep enemies off em 

so to be clear with hordes, 30 ghouls in a squad perform well, 20 and below can be lack lustre... chalice is a must and if running our ghouls then blood feast is you best spell honestly (although the flying spell and blisterskin can be fun to teleport 40 ghouls somewhere, bonus points if cogs makes the charge! Also feast day is the only delusion period... we already have trouble with damage running only ghouls only increases this problem (although large units with plus d3 attacks per model do well, all non buffed won’t...) the only thing I would run is again blisterskin (fast ghouls are nice, and the 4 up cp a turn is basically a 50 percent feast day) I know you asked for multiple lists but I really can’t give you random lists not knowing the armies you fight on a regular basis, maybe you battle msu and small units of ghouls would be helpful for swamping multiple opponents. Maybe you play against Death Stars and ghoul hordes need a buffer of 10 ghouls to make counter charges becuase a squad of 40 might be wiped out. The list I put above is the one I’ve gotten the most successful from against averages magic armies doing medium damage (ogors and stormcast with defence in mind) and with low points that changes the “meta” 

possibke chnages to the above list could be : giving the varghulf magic thru the trait in order to get both endless spells off, running a unit of 30 and grabbing cogs. Going with pendulum and barricade for full board control, running two ghasts instead of a varghulf or even more if the second unit of ghouls is dropped to 10. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thats... interesting. I usually prefer 2K games and love bringing terrorgheist or ZD almost always, I would really like to figure out some morgaunt ghoul horde list, but the thing is - they are pretty useless against SCE (or sometimes khorne) with 2+ saves and picking out buffing chars might be a problem.

28 minutes ago, XReN said:

Thats... interesting. I usually prefer 2K games and love bringing terrorgheist or ZD almost always, I would really like to figure out some morgaunt ghoul horde list, but the thing is - they are pretty useless against SCE (or sometimes khorne) with 2+ saves and picking out buffing chars might be a problem.

THats the funny thing about 1k, stormcast seems like they cant really pull off a 2 up save and rock epic damage. Plus most buff characters die to a arcane bolt blood feast combo (with plus 2 one is bound to do extra damage. IVe found chalice to be sufficient to help a unit hold a few turns while I magic buff characters to death. It is a lot harder then my tzeentch list tho... Destiny’s die of 6 is instant death by gaunt summoner lol.  It also helps that objectives are easy with so many ghouls and the second varghulf can rip thru buffed saves decently, so if I get to the objectives before them it might be over before they get a chance to hold the line. I will say the only stormcast player I know is a bad general so maybe other stormcast would wreck me lol

Edited by TheadTheOgorSlayer

On 3/6/2019 at 10:49 AM, Charlo said:

So I was considering using Gryph-hounds for my Ghouls to fit the theme of my army... But have come into two issues:

1.  Expensive, £15 per 5!
  2. They're on a 40mm base?!?! They're MASSIVE!

Back to the drawing board...

Another correction here. In the Gryphhound Box are 6 models.

So here’s a question. Is it still worth it to go Gristlegore even if you’re not running a Royal Menagerie? I have over 60 ghouls and can run a Ghoul Patrol with a GKoZD and GKoTG but don’t have any big beasties besides that. Would I be better off using the Feeding Frenzy delusion?

• Haha 1