AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

2 minutes ago, XReN said:

Why wouldn't beginning and end of combat phase belong to combat phase?

Idoneth High Tide ability states they "fight before any other units in the combat phase" and they can't fight before units that fight at the start of the combat phase?

That doesn't make any sense if the start of the combat phase belongs to the combat phase?

3 minutes ago, Fluttershy said:

Idoneth High Tide ability states they "fight before any other units in the combat phase" and they can't fight before units that fight at the start of the combat phase?

That doesn't make any sense if the start of the combat phase belongs to the combat phase?

Is that amusing to you to question things that literaly were solved by company that provide us with rules?

Edited by XReN

20 minutes ago, XReN said:

Are you serious? WTF people? 

I agree. Destruction can do even worse with the Ogres, Never seen someone banishing them... 

It's not like something problematic to kill the monsters.

1 minute ago, Fluttershy said:

It makes sense. As it makes sense at the strt of the hero phase or at the start of the movement phase.

Hey guys! I'm going to be in a tournament later this month, not looking for first place but a solid fun experience. What do you think of my list ?

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day
Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Crypt Infernal Courtier (120)
- General
- Trait: Cruel Taskmaster 
Varghulf Courtier (160)
- Artefact: Medal of Madness 
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
- Artefact: Blood-river Chalice 
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
- Mount Trait: Horrible Resilient

Battleline
9 x Crypt Flayers (510)
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

Battalions
Deadwatch (110)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 112

Anything you would change to better this list? :)
I just picked aqshy caused we have to pick a realm, any other realm that has spells i could take advantage of?

42 minutes ago, walheim said:

I just picked aqshy caused we have to pick a realm, any other realm that has spells i could take advantage of?

2nd infernal instead of varghulf to have 1 more CP,  Grim garland for GKoTG worth considering in such list, deranged transformation instead of spectral host since it basicly same benefit but you'll also be able to shoot, flayed pennant over medal of madness

Edited by XReN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, deynon said:

So they don't apply also the battle traits and the delusion? Ok, I go to say it to the deamons, so as the revived units for the Stormcasts eternal, idem about the seraphons, and so on...

Hm there's a clear difference there. 

This is AoS, everything is based off Keywords. Grand Hosts and Stormhosts grant Keywords to the army on your army list. The revived Stormcast units state to "set up an identical unit", which would identically have the same Keyword. 

Summoned units don't gain Keywords, but for Daemons and Seraphon, their abilities just work off the Warscroll keywords, so a new unit of Bloodletters would already have <Khorne> and therefore be fine from a rules perspective.

When you summon a Flesh Eater Courts unit from a Command Ability, it does not apply the Keyword, and the Grand Courts rule states "All Flesh-Eater Courts units in your army gain that keyword", but does not state that summoned units gain it. The Summoning abilities state that the unit is "added to your army".

So here's a question: when you choose a Grand Host, does it only add the Grand Host Keyword to the models in your list, or do Summoned units retroactively gain said Keyword? Is gaining the keyword a one-time thing that happens at list creation, or is it a passive effect that happens to any unit in the army, even when added during a battle? The wording "units in your army gain that keyword" is pretty ambiguous here, though I think the intent is for Summoned units to gain it as well.

2 minutes ago, deynon said:

All the units gain the keywords instead of the delusion. If you negate it, you negate also the delusions . The unuts you summon are part of your army  They gain allthe battletraits, and grand courts are a battletrait.

Not true. The Delusion rule specifically states that "The delusion applies to all friendly FLESH-EATER COURTS units for the duration of the battle", and summoned units are friendly. So they gain access to it with no problem.

Grand Court Keywords are different.

Edited by Requizen

Warhammer Age of Sigmar – Core Rules, Designers’ Commentary, Page 8

Q: If I add units to my army after a battle has started, and my army has an allegiance ability that adds a keyword to the units in the army, is that keyword received by eligible units I add to my army after the battle has begun? For example, if I have a Stormcast Eternals army and use the Stormhosts rule to give all Stormcast Eternals units in the army the Hammers of Sigmar keyword, would any new Stormcast Eternals units that I add to my army get the keyword? By the same token, if an allegiance ability has a spell lore that grants a spell to Wizards in an army, do Wizards that I add to the army that have the appropriate allegiance gain a spell?

A: Yes to all questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Fluttershy said:

Warhammer Age of Sigmar – Core Rules, Designers’ Commentary, Page 8

Q: If I add units to my army after a battle has started, and my army has an allegiance ability that adds a keyword to the units in the army, is that keyword received by eligible units I add to my army after the battle has begun? For example, if I have a Stormcast Eternals army and use the Stormhosts rule to give all Stormcast Eternals units in the army the Hammers of Sigmar keyword, would any new Stormcast Eternals units that I add to my army get the keyword? By the same token, if an allegiance ability has a spell lore that grants a spell to Wizards in an army, do Wizards that I add to the army that have the appropriate allegiance gain a spell?

A: Yes to all questions.

There you go then, all good. You'd think if they had to FAQ it they would have printed it into future books to avoid confusion, but whatever.

1 hour ago, Fluttershy said:

So you have that with every phase now?

start of the phase — The Phase — End of the Phase

otherwise there would not be a logic to the system.

17 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Not true. The Delusion rule specifically states that "The delusion applies to all friendly FLESH-EATER COURTS units for the duration of the battle", and summoned units are friendly. So they gain access to it with no problem.

Grand Court Keywords are different.

True, you decline delusions to take the grand courts. 

It's the same of "all the flesheater courts in your army". Or the units that you summon are not part of your army?

If youverify in the text of the summoning: "the summond unit is added to your army"

So...you can't deny the summoning being part of your army and gain the grand court keywords. 

1 hour ago, XReN said:

2nd infernal instead of varghulf to have 1 more CP,  Grim garland for GKoTG worth considering in such list, deranged transformation instead of spectral host since it basicly same benefit but you'll also be able to shoot, flayed pennant over medal of madness

Thankyou! Yes of course i had the flayed pennant, must have missclicked and missed i did..

The other points are really nice, deranged transformation does seem like a  MUCH better choice!

Thank you thank you!! :D

3 hours ago, Requizen said:

You'd think if they had to FAQ it they would have printed it into future books to avoid confusion, but whatever.

They left out loads of information in the Rules Book from Soul Wars.  Opting to just slosh it into the FAQ and Designers Commentary close to release.  While GW may make allot of money as a publisher they have rarely hired people to edit the publications or even provide basic technical writing.  At least that has been my impression since the 90s.

On 3/1/2019 at 1:15 PM, walheim said:

Hey guys! I'm going to be in a tournament later this month, not looking for first place but a solid fun experience. What do you think of my list ?

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day
Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Crypt Infernal Courtier (120)
- General
- Trait: Cruel Taskmaster 
Varghulf Courtier (160)
- Artefact: Medal of Madness 
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
- Artefact: Blood-river Chalice 
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
- Mount Trait: Horrible Resilient

Battleline
9 x Crypt Flayers (510)
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

Battalions
Deadwatch (110)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 112

I'd break up one of those 6 Flayer units.  I'd use at least 3 to run as a screen specifically.  I'd be sorely tempted to take the 9 up to 12, but it could fold into the other 6 easily enough.

thanks for the answer :) i found it my mistake ;).but i got a anotger question.if im in my turn and activate the gristlegore command trait.that means my warlord fight at the beginning of the combat fight first.after he has fought i can activate my first unit to fight?or is this my first  activation?

i hope you can help me.i‘m new im the world of the flesh eater

Looks like a Blisterkin Flayer Heavy Deadwatch list did well at Heat 1 (top 3).  They showed Russ Veal's list on the Warhammer TV Stream and it was something like, Archregent, AGK, AGKoTG, x2 Infernal Courtier, x6 Flayers, x6 Flayers, x3 Flayers. 

I am really glad to see that there is a little more play in the army than the Gristlegore Monster bomb.

Edited by TheWilddog
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Alfavega said:

thanks for the answer :) i found it my mistake ;).but i got a anotger question.if im in my turn and activate the gristlegore command trait.that means my warlord fight at the beginning of the combat fight first.after he has fought i can activate my first unit to fight?or is this my first  activation?

i hope you can help me.i‘m new im the world of the flesh eater

Warhammer Age of Sigmar – Core Rules, Designers’ Commentary,  Page 5

Q: Some abilities allow or require a unit to fight at the start of the combat phase, or the end of the combat phase. How exactly does this work? What happens if two or more units have to fight at the start or the end of the phase?

A: Units that fight at the start or the end of the combat phase make a pile-in move and then attack with their melee weapons before the players start picking any other units to fight in that phase, or after the players have picked all other units to fight in that phase, respectively. So, first you pile in and make attacks with the units that are to fight at the start of the phase, then the players alternate picking units to fight with, starting with the player whose turn is taking place, and lastly you pile in and make attacks with units that make attacks at the end of the combat phase. If there are several units fighting at the start or the end of the phase, the player whose turn is taking place attacks with all of their units in the order of their choice, and then their opponent does the same.