Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RuneBrush

AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

Total noob question. Is it a bad idea to take a Crypt Horror or Flayer courtier as your general just to unlock the battleline units? Especially Gristlegore which seems to have a really nasty command trait thing with the hitting first in combat. Just because mounted ghoul kings seem so great.

7 minutes ago, Blood Priest said:

Total noob question. Is it a bad idea to take a Crypt Horror or Flayer courtier as your general just to unlock the battleline units? Especially Gristlegore which seems to have a really nasty command trait thing with the hitting first in combat. Just because mounted ghoul kings seem so great.

Yes, in Gristlegore that would be bad call and a waste. Everywhere else, where you can distribute traits freely, not so much ...

10 minutes ago, Blood Priest said:

Is it a bad idea to take a Crypt Horror or Flayer courtier as your general just to unlock the battleline units?

Generally speaking no...

The rest are tricky details. Why not fielding one of the grand courts to get them as Battleline or what artifacts/commands are you trying to combo... the courtiers as well as the unmounted kings are pretty squishy.

16 minutes ago, Blood Priest said:

Especially Gristlegore which seems to have a really nasty command trait thing with the hitting first in combat. Just because mounted ghoul kings seem so great.

Why would you want a courtier as general, if you can have a King on Dragon leading 5 (five) terrorgheists (1940+1CP)... or 4 and the Archregent (1840+3CP)

or king on gheist with four gheists and an archregent with the menagerie (1920+2CP+ 1artifact+ 1mounttrait)

why would you bother with courtiers?!

but of course you could, if you have a cunning plan/combo

Thank you :) Honestly I just like Crypt Horrors, but I haven't heard much about Hollowmourne and wondered if something was wrong with that court. And I'm so new I am not great at putting together synergies or realizing which battalions are any good.

22 minutes ago, Blood Priest said:

I just like Crypt Horrors

Nothing wrong with that, they are definitely a solid go to...

just looked at hollowmourne and it doesn’t really have something awesome...sadly 

the +1 run/charge is kinda meeh, the rerolling 1s is (hopefully) cancelled out by a nearby king and the corpsefane is ok.

might be even better to cheese them into blisterskin for +2 speed and hope a 10+ spectral host for a deep strike

or go for a field trip with feast day, till it gets nerfed

2 hours ago, Honk said:

if you can have a King on Dragon leading 5 (five) terrorgheists (1940+1CP)

Not in 2000 points, you won't ... ;)

(Behemoth limit of 4 still counts.)

Hey yall. What is the base size on the charnel throne? I'm thinking of making a custom one to fit my army better but I've no idea of scale.

8 minutes ago, The Cranky Dwarf said:

Hey yall. What is the base size on the charnel throne? I'm thinking of making a custom one to fit my army better but I've no idea of scale.

I think someone took measurements a few pages back - check the last 5ish?

7 minutes ago, The Cranky Dwarf said:

It is pretty uneven but it is approximately 4 inches wide x 3 inches deep.

16 minutes ago, The Cranky Dwarf said:

Less of a base and more of a regular terrain piece, 4 and a 1/2 on the longest side and 2 and a 1/2 on the widths longest side. The smaller width is 2 inches and the smaller length is 4 inches. So make it around 4 and a 1/2 by 2 and a 1/2 inches and you should be fine

1 hour ago, Honk said:

Nothing wrong with that, they are definitely a solid go to...

just looked at hollowmourne and it doesn’t really have something awesome...sadly 

the +1 run/charge is kinda meeh, the rerolling 1s is (hopefully) cancelled out by a nearby king and the corpsefane is ok.

might be even better to cheese them into blisterskin for +2 speed and hope a 10+ spectral host for a deep strike

or go for a field trip with feast day, till it gets nerfed

To be fair the second best delusion is plus one to charge and run, so it’s cooler then it seems to be at first. And feast day isn’t super op in larger games, it’s basically just a free spell a turn... (think necromancer) 

1 minute ago, TheWilddog said:

Two more Ghouls ready for the feast.

305C524D-EA09-4314-BBC7-409A130E6179.jpeg

The delusion is devoid of colour? Hehe jk jk nice conversions! Can’t wait to see a character done up on a painted throne!

• Like 1