AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

7 minutes ago, Blood Priest said:

Total noob question. Is it a bad idea to take a Crypt Horror or Flayer courtier as your general just to unlock the battleline units? Especially Gristlegore which seems to have a really nasty command trait thing with the hitting first in combat. Just because mounted ghoul kings seem so great.

Yes, in Gristlegore that would be bad call and a waste. Everywhere else, where you can distribute traits freely, not so much ...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Blood Priest said:

Is it a bad idea to take a Crypt Horror or Flayer courtier as your general just to unlock the battleline units?

Generally speaking no...

The rest are tricky details. Why not fielding one of the grand courts to get them as Battleline or what artifacts/commands are you trying to combo... the courtiers as well as the unmounted kings are pretty squishy.

16 minutes ago, Blood Priest said:

Especially Gristlegore which seems to have a really nasty command trait thing with the hitting first in combat. Just because mounted ghoul kings seem so great.

Why would you want a courtier as general, if you can have a King on Dragon leading 5 (five) terrorgheists (1940+1CP)... or 4 and the Archregent (1840+3CP)

or king on gheist with four gheists and an archregent with the menagerie (1920+2CP+ 1artifact+ 1mounttrait)

why would you bother with courtiers?!

but of course you could, if you have a cunning plan/combo

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Blood Priest said:

I just like Crypt Horrors

Nothing wrong with that, they are definitely a solid go to...

just looked at hollowmourne and it doesn’t really have something awesome...sadly 

the +1 run/charge is kinda meeh, the rerolling 1s is (hopefully) cancelled out by a nearby king and the corpsefane is ok.

might be even better to cheese them into blisterskin for +2 speed and hope a 10+ spectral host for a deep strike

or go for a field trip with feast day, till it gets nerfed

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The Cranky Dwarf said:

Hey yall. What is the base size on the charnel throne? I'm thinking of making a custom one to fit my army better but I've no idea of scale.

Less of a base and more of a regular terrain piece, 4 and a 1/2 on the longest side and 2 and a 1/2 on the widths longest side. The smaller width is 2 inches and the smaller length is 4 inches. So make it around 4 and a 1/2 by 2 and a 1/2 inches and you should be fine

1 hour ago, Honk said:

Nothing wrong with that, they are definitely a solid go to...

just looked at hollowmourne and it doesn’t really have something awesome...sadly 

the +1 run/charge is kinda meeh, the rerolling 1s is (hopefully) cancelled out by a nearby king and the corpsefane is ok.

might be even better to cheese them into blisterskin for +2 speed and hope a 10+ spectral host for a deep strike

or go for a field trip with feast day, till it gets nerfed

To be fair the second best delusion is plus one to charge and run, so it’s cooler then it seems to be at first. And feast day isn’t super op in larger games, it’s basically just a free spell a turn... (think necromancer) 

2 hours ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

And feast day isn’t super op in larger games

It’s a free unstoppable „van hels“ for any one unit (12 horrors or gkotg/zd) immediately after the first activation...that’s massiv and also in the enemies turn!

won‘t matter beyond 3k games 🥳 but at 2k or below, I think (on paper) that’s gonna have a big impact, when your heavy hitters are getting a double activation in every combat phase

1 hour ago, schwabbele said:

I want to kill myself -> is there a trick so it feels less miserable?

I did a lot of work with an airbrush... 30 ghouls an evening is no problem (base skin colors) the tiresome part is all the fur/bones/teeth/things, but they were playable befor I finished the details. Which took forever

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Honk said:

Generally speaking no...

The rest are tricky details. Why not fielding one of the grand courts to get them as Battleline or what artifacts/commands are you trying to combo... the courtiers as well as the unmounted kings are pretty squishy.

Why would you want a courtier as general, if you can have a King on Dragon leading 5 (five) terrorgheists (1940+1CP)... or 4 and the Archregent (1840+3CP)

or king on gheist with four gheists and an archregent with the menagerie (1920+2CP+ 1artifact+ 1mounttrait)

why would you bother with courtiers?!

but of course you could, if you have a cunning plan/combo

Probably cause u can’t have more then 4 behemoth 

• Thanks 1

A friend of mine hit my curiosity about FEC. I'm hesitating to get the carrion boxes. What kind of list should be fun and (almost) competitive ? How many carrion to start with? How are FEC with the new  battletome? (PS: I already have a FEC Start collecting but I have build a ZD with it  (with mounted (not glued) vampire lord) )

Gave in and bought the Carrion empire box right before it sold out. But just one... So just one Abhorrant Archregent. Is start collecting boxes all you need from here? Not counting endless spells and throne as I will buy them.  Terrorgheists and zombie dragons seems great. And I don't know if I should build crypt horrors or crypt flayers. So many questions (sorry).

7 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

Is start collecting boxes all you need from here?

Apart from usually one Varghulf, yes, it's SC or CE all the way ...
(The advantage of having a book with so few model choices.)

8 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

And I don't know if I should build crypt horrors or crypt flayers.

That only yourself can answer - both can be great (in the right list), and you can also do without both of them.

1 minute ago, Mutter said:

Apart from usually one Varghulf, yes, it's SC or CE all the way ...
(The advantage of having a book with so few model choices.)

That only yourself can answer - both can be great (in the right list), and you can also do without both of them.

I like the look of Crypt horrors more and the tanky aspect of them. Crypt flayers should have used the Vargheist heads if you ask me.