AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

4 hours ago, CanHammer-darren said:

with hitting on 4s and wounding on 4s, no rend, 1 damage, you are going to need all 240+ attacks 

Yes, that’s the tricky thing of running 40 ghouls into something, especially multiple units.

but those restrictions apply to the whole army, without synergies and buffs all our units are pretty mediocre, but super buffed all things tend to end up on the menu 

4 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

This is what's leading me to crypt horrors, rerolling all hits and wounds, in a unit of 9, as a hammer unit. Reliability is sorely thin on the ground for us, so this unit seems to stand out with the GK spell + their own warscroll abilities to re-roll. 

yea I used to be a fan of a big horror unit. Now with the ability to give them fly, that's extra sweet. They definitely seem to have more synergies than flayers.  But man thats a lotta points. Especially when you can get a lotta ghouls for that, and fufil battleline without having to take a courtier as general AND, you get horrors and flayers for free basically if summoned

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Nameless One said:

What am I missing on the Noble Heirloom ‘Medal Of Madness’? It states “use a CA on their warscroll.....”, but courtiers don’t have a CA on their warscrolls. Confused.

range increase of standard CA

At the Double: You can use this command ability after you make a run roll for a friendly unit that is within 6" of a friendly Hero, or 12" of a friendly Hero that is a general. If you do so, the run roll is treated as being a 6.

Forward to Victory: You can use this command ability after you make a charge roll for a friendly unit that is within 6" of a friendly Hero, or 12" of a friendly Hero that is a general. If you do so, re-roll the charge roll.

Inspiring Presence: You can use this command ability at the start of the battleshock phase. If you do so, pick a friendly unit that is within 6" of friendly Hero, or 12" of a friendly Hero that is a general. That unit does not have to take battleshock tests in that phase.

looks a lil bit odd ;)

14 minutes ago, Fluttershy said:

range increase of standard CA

At the Double: You can use this command ability after you make a run roll for a friendly unit that is within 6" of a friendly Hero, or 12" of a friendly Hero that is a general. If you do so, the run roll is treated as being a 6.

Forward to Victory: You can use this command ability after you make a charge roll for a friendly unit that is within 6" of a friendly Hero, or 12" of a friendly Hero that is a general. If you do so, re-roll the charge roll.

Inspiring Presence: You can use this command ability at the start of the battleshock phase. If you do so, pick a friendly unit that is within 6" of friendly Hero, or 12" of a friendly Hero that is a general. That unit does not have to take battleshock tests in that phase.

looks a lil bit odd ;)

Yeah, I think this artifact refers to the standard CA plus feeding frenzy. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CanHammer-darren said:

Learnings from game 1

snip

1) keeping your GKs beside the throne turn 1 to summon really sucks. Put it as far forward as possible. My archregent ended up basically one turn behind on movement to rest of my army. 

snip

Still kit-bashing mine with some Hirst Arts molds.  That aside...

No Joke on being aggressive with the throne.  Close to the action as inhumanly possible.  Really want to see the reaction when someone strays too close and gets hit by the bravery debuff.

The first testprints were a major success! 😃
The scale is perfect. I temporarily glued the armor pieces via green miliput, so don't wonder what that yellow dot is 😃

From here on I can build up on the armor parts and I might release more intricate armor (soon)-ish, if the community is interested
16.jpeg.7ce3eb99c6cd55f33a77156c51668754.jpeg

11.jpeg.e68c45e335574f0d398a10a1c0e0cd06.jpeg12.jpeg.2664920147b5d6f0749400722fb8bb88.jpeg13.jpeg.fab5d0e9306e55af7a521e3a70ee614e.jpeg14.jpeg.df1b735622cb82579f28e603371974ea.jpeg15.jpeg.331ee03f78aa669f9d29870b0e283641.jpeg16.jpeg.7ce3eb99c6cd55f33a77156c51668754.jpeg17.jpeg.c38c23b9718b6acef34ce9558a27fad0.jpeg18.jpeg.3f1c9cc42f6ebc9d70e7dec92a9c02b4.jpeg19.jpeg.d4568d700e834429a4365801da593da9.jpeg20.jpeg.6ed1c4baeebf7c876bc6b60cffd081a3.jpeg

1.jpeg.35eb44f2838fcad3e72051ab97ab1a87.jpeg2.jpeg.2b89e979ca24ee3230daaf9b2ea4933e.jpeg3.jpeg.0b42f2de228c4851d76b7329c56a4ca6.jpeg4.jpeg.10a5c43b7e33f1489bccb603d380dfa1.jpeg5.jpeg.d4b7622f6fb14d156195981dcbff268e.jpeg6.jpeg.69b50028178b9a96ea24f9a8b860ef4d.jpeg7.jpeg.7454f6ac8640f361b1d1ac48e7e00ed9.jpeg8.jpeg.da4a6f4bc3ef3317f1e7e8740e23a178.jpeg9.jpeg.eb3eeb6b0b7e5a84ae5fa1b26f7fe36b.jpeg10.jpeg.4e2303dd727156a02934da13b1fabd5a.jpeg

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 3

So I've managed to snag two FEC halves of Carrion Empire, and I'm trying to decide how to round out the army.  It seems like 4 TG/ZDs is always an option so maybe 2 Start collecting and 2 more ZDs plus a Varghulf?  Seems like that should cover all the various Ghouls/Flayers/Horrors you will need to summon and/or finish out the Battleline.

I'm looking for suggestions, regarding what to build.

My current FEC collection is as follows:

3x GK on Geist

30 Ghouls

12 Crypt Flayers

I'm getting two Carrion halves, so I'll end up having:

2x Archregent

40x Ghouls

My question is; do I make 12 more flayers, 12 crypt horrors, some mix of the two, or 9 of one and 3x Courtiers?

I've been leaning towards 12 more flayers, to have a really fierce Blisterskin Deadwatch, but I see a lot of posts from people who are lukewarm on Flayers as a unit.

Suggestions/reasoning?

3 minutes ago, Adamcbutton said:

Is the Arcasanctorian Guard battalion from Carrion Empire legal in matched play? It has points (110) but doesn’t appear on Warscroll Builder.

Unfortunately not. 

Here is the quote from the main Errata:

Q: Some units and battalions have a warscroll, but the warscroll does not have a Pitched Battle profile. Can I use these units or battalions in a Pitched Battle game?

A: No. These units and battalions are only intended for use in open or narrative play games

Edited by TheWilddog

28 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

Unfortunately not. 

Here is the quote from the main Errata:

Q: Some units and battalions have a warscroll, but the warscroll does not have a Pitched Battle profile. Can I use these units or battalions in a Pitched Battle game?

A: No. These units and battalions are only intended for use in open or narrative play games

This addresses a different situation; if the battalion has points included it should be legal to play (and those points are applicable until a GHB changes them). At least this is how it used to be (thinking back to the Spire of Dawn box)... did it change?

3 hours ago, thundering said:

My question is; do I make 12 more flayers, 12 crypt horrors, some mix of the two, or 9 of one and 3x Courtiers?

Extremely tricky question.

I went full flayer and kinda regret it now. The paintjob is nearly impossible to redo (full model airbrush) and ripping the arms off and trying to find and magnetize the horror arms... total Desaster.

If you’re up to the job, you can magnetize them from the start.

10 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

The first testprints were a major success! 😃
The scale is perfect. I temporarily glued the armor pieces via green miliput, so don't wonder what that yellow dot is 😃

From here on I can build up on the armor parts and I might release more intricate armor (soon)-ish, if the community is interested
16.jpeg.7ce3eb99c6cd55f33a77156c51668754.jpeg

Well, I am interested!  Looks cool!

From an artistic, "fluff" note, I have to wonder if the armor would be more appropriate "undersized" on the Horrors because they grew so much after their "change".  The FEC book suggests they consider themselves to sort of "be mounted knights".

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 11:43 AM, CanHammer-darren said:

for sure, there's way more synergies for them than with flayers and horrors imo, but tbh, with hitting on 4s and wounding on 4s, no rend, 1 damage, you are going to need all 240+ attacks to get through even a unit of 60 gits. any -1 to hit screws this army up big time. almost nothing in the army hits on better than 4s (except GK)

Luckily with the new spell and some luck each ghoul could have 6 attacks each average 5 attacking twice, so even 10 getting into combat can pump out 30 wounds when near a ghoul king to re roll ones. that’s 7 dead libs (although they will most likely have a buffed save so Moreno likely 4 dead ones) 5 dead ogors, 2 dead stormfiends, and 20 dead most battline. With the chalice up a unit of 10 (that lost models previously) with a good roll could bring themselves back up to 20 against other hordes then once you include courtiers and perhaps that healing spell to further add onto the ridiculous amount of healing these guys can get. “Sieging” any unit which lacks the ability to kill 40 ghouls at once should go in your favour with the right set up. Other then objectives and stalling skip tho lol

Edited by TheadTheOgorSlayer
I used confusing dialogue lol sorry

4 minutes ago, Fluttershy said:

?

The chalice of usharun I think (misspelled it I bet haha) an endless spell that counts how many models died within 12 inches, then for roll a die for each, on a 4 up beak o wound to a friendly flesh eater courts unit nearby. If the unit has one wound models (basically if it’s ghouls) then bring back a model for every 4 up

i wasn’t very clear about it haha should’ve named the spell instead of saying “chalice”

Edited by TheadTheOgorSlayer

Just now, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

The chalice of usharun I think (misspelled it I bet haha) and endless spell that counts how many models died within 12 inches, then for roll a die for each, on a 4 up beak o wound to a friendly flesh eater courts unit nearby. If the unit has one wound models (basically if it’s ghouls) then bring back a model for every 4 up

But they don't bring a unit past its starting value. So a 10 man unit can only ever have 10 models in it.

1 minute ago, mrbedlam said:

But they don't bring a unit past its starting value. So a 10 man unit can only ever have 10 models in it.

Should’ve specified, I mean like we can give massive heals to injured units so we can “siege” and outlast them in fights. The ten man unit used to be 20 or 30 I just forgot to specify that the unit in question was injured not max 10