AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i am willing to bet you know the answer...

The "Start Collecting! Flesh-eater Courts" , can you build the Terrorghiest as a zombie dragon and the Crypt Horrors as Varghiests?

38 minutes ago, Seadee said:

The "Start Collecting! Flesh-eater Courts" , can you build the Terrorghiest as a zombie dragon and the Crypt Horrors as Varghiests?

yes.

your options are:

Zombie Dragon or Terrorgheist (with/without Abhorrant Ghoul King and Vampire Lord, the ZD and TG uses different head and neck parts, slightly different build pose)

up to 3 Crypt Horrors or Crypt Flayers or Vargheists (all 3 options uses the same cast frames)

Edited by Fluttershy
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Fluttershy said:

❤️ deadwatch

hits like a truck, makes no friends, (and AoSv1 lacks at scoring objectives)

"new" AoSv2 deadwatch list might look like:

LEADERS

Crypt Infernal Courtier (140) – General - Command Trait : Magestic Horror

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (440)

Crypt Infernal Courtier (140)

Crypt Infernal Courtier (140)

UNITS

9 x Crypt Flayers (480)

6 x Crypt Flayers (320)

3 x Crypt Flayers (160)

BATTALIONS

Deadwatch (170)

TOTAL: 1990/2000

EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1

ARTEFACTS: 2

WOUNDS: 104

+ summoned varghulf

+ summoned 2x10 Ghouls (used with 3er Flayers for objective scoring, eventually with varghulf for respawning ghouls and flayers at objective ?)

This is better and should be tested, the mortal wounds output can be pretty nice!

2 hours ago, Fluttershy said:

yes.

your options are:

Zombie Dragon or Terrorgheist (with/without Abhorrant Ghoul King and Vampire Lord, the ZD and TG uses different head and neck parts, slightly different build pose)

up to 3 Crypt Horrors or Crypt Flayers or Vargheists (all 3 options uses the same cast frames)

Thank you, this then settles that as the most cost effective way to get the Vargheists and Dragon for me.

You can magnetize the flayer/haunter/vargheist Kit if you’re up to it. I tried and it kinda worked. I recommend at least one side 3x1mm to 2x1mm, my 2on2 set is not strong enough.

I‘ve heard/read about people magnetizing the Tg/ZD,  but don’t see it without major skillz. And I mean beyond some green stuff adjustments. The head/neck is a three part design (left/middle/right) and the arm/wing attachments are turned. Madness...

37 minutes ago, lord_blackfang said:

3x Start Collecting box?

Jep, got your 2k monster mash right there...

the madness will find you building a courtier an realizing that you now have 9 ghouls and a hero.

when your finished building your infernal, welcome to the courts of delusion (with two flayers)

On the plus side, collecting FEC got me to embrace kitbashing models out of spare bits, because damn if I'm using a regular ghoul torso for my courtier and fielding my units under strength.

Maybe if I delude myself hard enough, I'll see a 2E Flesh Eater Courts battletome complete with a new model release for actual courtiers. 

• Haha 4

Played a game yesterday, this was my list:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Delusion: The Grand Tournament
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (440)
- Artefact: Blood River Chalice  
Crypt Haunter Courtier (140)
- General
- Trait: Magestic Horror  
- Artefact: The Flayed Pennant  
Varghulf Courtier (160)

Battleline
9 x Crypt Horrors (480)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
30 x Crypt Ghouls (300)

Battalions
Attendants at Court (160)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 118

Fought against a very nasty Nurgle+Archaon list, won on objectives as he destroyed my army, but could not get back from my early lead. I really like this list, I’m gonna test it more.

12 minutes ago, Glaurung said:

Played a game yesterday, this was my list:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Delusion: The Grand Tournament
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (440)
- Artefact: Blood River Chalice  
Crypt Haunter Courtier (140)
- General
- Trait: Magestic Horror  
- Artefact: The Flayed Pennant  
Varghulf Courtier (160)

Battleline
9 x Crypt Horrors (480)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
30 x Crypt Ghouls (300)

Battalions
Attendants at Court (160)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 118

Fought against a very nasty Nurgle+Archaon list, won on objectives as he destroyed my army, but could not get back from my early lead. I really like this list, I’m gonna test it more.

Would this list not be stronger with splitting the Ghouls in 3 x 10? Then you could have the GKoZD as General with extra Varghulf summon and have a chance of getting the extra command points every round.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Furious Robert said:

I see. The new errata doesn't mention GK anymore. Nice.

Does anyone know of there is a consensus on the Ghoul Patrol battalion allowing you to add Ghouls above the starting numbers (but below max)?

Don't know about "consensus".  I reckon it's an oversight not intended (opinion), so I won't be doing it.

3 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

Don't know about "consensus"

I think differently...

New edition changed to free summoning and dropped fixed unit sizes (fe pink horrors). Every warscroll and rules got updated (summon units once per game, regenerating only slain models) so adding models is wanted in my little world.

But hoping a faq will end the interpretation raw/rai hussel 

Here's my first game with FEC since 2.0 dropped! Love the new summoning mechanics.

My list was: AGK on ZD (General with Majestic Horror), AGK on Terrorgheist, AGK on foot, Arkhan, Crypt Ghast Courtier. 3 x 10 Ghouls. Endless Spells: Lifeswarm, Palisade and Swords. 1950pts.

1 hour ago, The Nameless One said:

Here's my first game with FEC since 2.0

And here is mine...

1000 points 

horror courtier with dark magic, varghulf, ghoul king, ghast, 6 horrors and 3 horrors

progging my flayers as horrors...(my skillz with magnets are lacking) against a bunch of Khorne fanatics. And the cards decided deloyment on the sides vs the middle and playing for killpoints ? 

so in your face and kill them all, good idea. I took the initiative rushed in and hoped, that he never gets a double turn...big risk high reward!

luckily he never recovered from the first impact of 6 horrors into his lines. Black Hunger and the presence of the mighty king lead to some serious gravestone into head and boneclub to the groin.

still khorne was happy, he got a bunch of heads and without double turn, varghulf in total beast mode and my horrors coming back... there was only one outcome

02A2FF27-468E-4F59-B92D-4D1E99CFA654.jpeg

Still kinda tricky situation, but I got prio for turn three...

543F6639-D27C-4B50-8517-AE490C10D34E.jpeg

Before getting all three horrors back, which led my opponent into a fit...

Kinda bad matchup for him, too

Edited by Honk
  • Like 1

Fellow monarchs!  The latest FAQ clarifies that:

1) Majestic Horror does let you use the summoning twice

2) Ghoul Patrol's replenish lets you go over the starting size

3) Ghoul Patrol is now set up any unit in reserve instead of being required to set up all units in reserve.

Links are on the community page's FAQ section.

• Thanks 1