AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

8 minutes ago, pikachoux said:

I looked at the rules for the charnel throne and beside the free summon, I dont see the point of using it.  Maybe I missed something. So what you think of the throne and is it an auto include or the army can be fine without using it.

The idea is to have it there and use several Archregents so that you get multiple free summons with the Throne. 

It's an auto-include because it costs no points and there's no reason not to take one, so you really might as well.  Even if you have no archregents or infantry kings, it's still a bravery buff for nearby FEC units.

That said, archregents are /so/ good that there's really no reason an FEC army wouldn't be running /at least/ one, if not more, and for every regent you run the throne is handing out essentially a free CP, which is a pretty big deal with feeding frenzy, to say nothing of GKoT summons, re-rolled charges, and inspiring presence - which will be pretty crucial if you like running big units of serfs & knights instead of going in for the new monster mash business.

So yeah, the throne is an auto-include.  Not as impressive or potentially game-changing as some of the other free faction terrain, certainly nothing as faction defining as gravesites are for the legions, maybe not the topest of top priorities for brand new FEC players to get on the table, but not something that any established FEC player should ever leave at home.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2019 at 3:30 AM, Honk said:

I never really had luck with a horde of ghouls, they just don’t put out damage and it is super frustrating to do all the pile in, measurements and throw all the dice for the multiunit charge and then see statistics do it gruesome work... half and half again and saves half another time... 40 ghouls with varghulf and courtier still brawled three turns with 2/3 of a gore pilgrim list, before finally dissolving. Ghoul patrol with summoned varghulf... VP victory thx 😅

40 ghouls is my second favorite FEC unit (after an Abhorrent on TG). They are amazing. Your experience is anecdotal - you should have a GK near them not a Vargulf, so they re-roll hits of 1. Better would be a GK on ZD with the spell so they are re-rolling all wound rolls too. A great way to protect them is to give them the 5++ from a GK on TG, then your opponent will either ignore them or commit way to much to killing them. 

The thing about ghouls is they can spread out across several units. Then they get picked first and attack several units at once. In order to achieve this you have to be good (and fast) with movement and rolling all the attacks. I can understand the frustration at moving, charging and piling in 40 models, then rolling 120+ attacks, but that is an issue with the player, not with the unit. I have my ghouls on 10-man unit trays and I have 60 dice with easy to read colored blips, and I can resolve 60 attacks (with re-rolls) in about 45 seconds.

Even though I love my monsters, they fall super flat on 4++ ethereal units and get stuck in large hordes. In contrast, ghouls are especially good against these units with their mass attacks. Against some of the nastiest meta units like Reapers, Witch Aelves and Plague Monks - if you surround them and attack first with 40 ghouls, these units are toast.

The trick with ghouls is getting that long charge to fully surround a unit and maximize attacks. a 25mm base is under 1" so they can fight in two ranks, so if you can get two ranks of 20 across the enemy units, they are going to put a hurt on your opponent. Now with +D3 attacks and immediate second attack (not to mention the whole unit can come back from death on a 4+) Ghouls might just be the most devastating unit in the FEC arsenal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JCar09 said:

A question that has come up with the new book. If a Terrorgheist rolls a 6 with the jaws they are 6 deadly. With the skill gristlegore that the 6 are two impacts that would happen? 12 mortal wounds? 6 mortals and throw another attack .. ??

it's in the FAQ, but tldr, 6mw and one attack that hit that goes on to wound roll.

8 hours ago, RocketMan said:

I understand but it’s a rule that only the sm can change...

what I see(and I spoke with many friends)is that lot of army that rely on summons have not been played since AoS 2.0 came out...a part from nighthaunt and LoN...

i started fec cause I was tired of playing evocators ...

there’s also another home rules: command ability doesn’t stack on same unit (eg. no sureheart ability x2/3 times to get an auto charge)....

when I ask him to review these home rules, he says that without them aos would be unbalanced, that seraphon are op on summoning etc...even though I said that in a lot of tournament seraphon doesn’t make the cut XD 

What if you just did it? Or tell him you're not buying anything else until they reevaluate these house rules since this isn't AOS.

9 minutes ago, RocketMan said:

I don’t like to act like a pus..y just because I can’t get what I want, or what is normal. Life sucks :( 

1) Don't be a jackass and say stupid ****** like "act like a ******"

2) Standing up for yourself because some grognard shitbag has decided how fun is supposed to work isn't acting like a ******. It's the opposite.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, RocketMan said:

I’m not the store manager, so I can’t change anything event though I asked (with other people on my side) to change or review it .... 

i bought carrion empire and a start collecting because I really like the model, it’s a shame that I can’t play them at full power but at least I would give em a try... if they doesn’t work at all I will stop buying other miniatures and going back to play stormcast 

Stop playing there and instead play at your home or at your friends home(s).

if it‘s a official GW send in a complaint.

srsly, I can understand banning certain models or spams but banning an entire core-function of an army is absurd

“oh yeah, your Space Marines aren‘t allowed to shoot anymore“

Just play them as they‘re supposed to and call „summoning“ your „reserves“ which can deepstrike once the king calls upon them.

if there are still issues you should explain to the owner why it‘s an integral part of the army and that he should, perhaps inform himself before banning anything. If he is still stubborn let him know that you  will never buy anything from him again, since he ruins the game for you

-> that‘s not pu-sying that‘s making a stand for your opinion and a statement to an overreaching shop-imperor 

Edited by JackStreicher

19 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

if there are still issues you should explain to the owner

...sounded like a deaf loghead to me, and a pretty imposing one, since he’s not playing 😂👍 

really sorry for his loss, but it can’t be helped and alternatives are probably easier than trying to argue with such a guy

I just had a first glance at the new battletome. I must be missing something. But if we take the Royal Mordants battalion with 12 Horrors and the Blisterkin Grand Court is there anything stopping us from teleporting 12 Horrors near the enemy then having a normal move after in the Hero phase? That normal move could be with the flying spell, +2 move for Grand Court and extra 4" move spell.  

Biggest limitation is that they have to stay wholly within 16" of Vargulf.  This could be 40 Ghouls too. Flayers are fast enough not too worry about all this shenanigans.

12 Horrors buffed with spells and should be within range of a running GKoZD could really do damage. Plus the attack twice. 

If this is allowed I expect it to be FAQ'd quickly.

6 minutes ago, Furious Robert said:

I just had a first glance at the new battletome. I must be missing something. But if we take the Royal Mordants battalion with 12 Horrors and the Blisterkin Grand Court is there anything stopping us from teleporting 12 Horrors near the enemy then having a normal move after in the Hero phase? That normal move could be with the flying spell, +2 move for Grand Court and extra 4" move spell.  

Biggest limitation is that they have to stay wholly within 16" of Vargulf.  This could be 40 Ghouls too. Flayers are fast enough not too worry about all this shenanigans.

12 Horrors buffed with spells and should be within range of a running GKoZD could really do damage. Plus the attack twice. 

If this is allowed I expect it to be FAQ'd quickly.

?..

the Blisterskin command ability is used at the start of your movement phase and the unit cannot move later in that movement phase. You'll port & charge.

why should you wait till your next hero phase to trigger the battalion ability?

5 minutes ago, Fluttershy said:

?..

the Blisterskin command ability is used at the start of your movement phase and the unit cannot move later in that movement phase. You'll port & charge.

why should you wait till your next hero phase to trigger the battalion ability?

Its a big enough charge. Might as well make it 3".

Royal Mordant Battalion

Lets you make a normal move in your Hero phase for 1 unit in the battalion. With 16" of Varghulf

It doesn't say start of phase so could be after the teleport. I must be missing something. 

Edited by Furious Robert
Add 3" charge