AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

8 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Lot of that isn't quite right. I play BoC.

They have the same (not better) save.

They have a much more situational heal. Sure it's nice when you get it off, but they need to wipe out a unit while injured. 

Damage wise they can be quite effective, but Vs a 4+ save they are doing an expected 2.25 wounds each to a 4+. (2.66 to a 5+). That's factoring in the mortals. 

The horrors are a pain to work out, but they get about 1.67 to 4+ and 2.2 to a 5+. ( I may be straight up wrong on working that out, the 3 damage on a 6 to wound is odd).

Are horrors more than 160 now? I haven't got my book yet 

Bullgors have a sheild option getting them a 4+ in combat. The default axe option is the same as a horrors attack but with rend -1. I was thinking bullgors where 140, but its been a while since I looked at their cost.

8 minutes ago, Pangu said:

Bullgors have a sheild option getting them a 4+ in combat. The default axe option is the same as a horrors attack but with rend -1. I was thinking bullgors where 140, but its been a while since I looked at their cost.

Then their damage numbers fall. Dropping to 2 for a 4+ and 2.43 to a 5+. 

Bullgors are definitely 160. I don't think I've ever seen anyone running them with shields though (not saying it's wrong, just don't tend to see it). 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Pangu said:

Ghoul patrol while not ideal has the lowest cost of entry of any of our battalions. I think its justifiable do to the Cp, artifact, extra mount trait.

Yea could be,

list would be basically 1980 with everything.

courtier, 3 x 10 ghouls, ghoul patrol, 1 archregent, 2 GK on T, 1 GK on ZD is 1980. Could take 3 GK on T and cogs instead.

On 2/16/2019 at 3:03 AM, WoollyMammoth said:

FLAYER RANT
Their seems to be a lot of talk about Blisterskin and how good Flayers are. Personally I've never jumped on the 'mass flayer' bandwagon, and I don't think they are all that amazing still. The average roll on two dice is 7, that means outside of combat they aren't doing any mortals with their shooting unless the targets bravery is under 5 (sorry skaven).

At 2D6-2, each Flayer is still doing an average of 0.97 MW to Bravery 5, 0.55 MW to Bravery 6, 0.28 MW to Bravery 7.

• Confused 1

hi, what about this list? (remember my home rulez that i cannot summon if total unit on table exceeds starting list point)

OP1

Grand Court Glistlegore

AGKonTG

AGKonZD

Regent

Ghast

2xRoyal Terrorgheist

30 Ghoul

2000pts

OP2

Glistegore

AGKonTG

Regent

2 TG

ZD

royal battalion 

1620/2000pts

6 flayers + cogs?

30ghouls + ghast?

i would like to try some list that doesn't rely to much on summons, other option is to try blisterskin...

something like :

AGKonTG

AGKonTG

Regent

Crypt Infernal

2x6 Flayers

20 ghouls

2000pts

royal mordant flayer in hallowmourne.  1-2cp

32" + 2d6 charge. 

free hero phase move from batallion. 12

move run plus 1. 19 (use ca for run 6 if need)

charge plus 1. 2d6 +1

horrors can do 22" + 2d6

Edited by soots

12 minutes ago, soots said:

royal mordant flayer in hallowmourne.  1-2cp

32" + 2d6 charge. 

free hero phase move from batallion. 12

move run plus 1. 19 (use ca for run 6 if need)

charge plus 1. 2d6 +1

horrors can do 22" + 2d6

The movement is impressive, but without a hero within 12" to give them feeding frenzy its not very effective. Maybe its good for sending 3 flayers around the back of the army to pick off support?

13 minutes ago, Pangu said:

The movement is impressive, but without a hero within 12" to give them feeding frenzy its not very effective. Maybe its good for sending 3 flayers around the back of the army to pick off support?

Or you move your general up who is on a terrorgheist baseline speed 14 is really good

11 minutes ago, Gdead909 said:

Or you move your general up who is on a terrorgheist baseline speed 14 is really good

In a Mordants list its very unlikely that a AGKoT since you are most likely need a courtier general to unlock a knight unit as battleline. If your general is an infernal its probably fine with his movement 12.

4 hours ago, Pangu said:

In a Mordants list its very unlikely that a AGKoT since you are most likely need a courtier general to unlock a knight unit as battleline. If your general is an infernal its probably fine with his movement 12.

Honestly I was planning on running Blisterskin to be able to redeploy a courtier (Vargulf probably, since they're necessary for Mordants anyway) to keep up using the command ability.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

Anyone got any tips for converting a ghoul king into an archregent so I can have an 'archregent on terrorgheist' for my general as dislike the idea of a king being general if archregent is around.

Also need to look at a way to royal up my terrorgheists a bit more. @JackStreicher any pics of those armour plates on terrorgheists?

They are being printed. Might take a week or more (depending on whether they ship it from the USA or Europe to Germany)

I could send you renders if you‘d like to get a first impression

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, RocketMan said:

hi, what about this list? (remember my home rulez that i cannot summon if total unit on table exceeds starting list point)

OP1

Grand Court Glistlegore

AGKonTG

AGKonZD

Regent

Ghast

2xRoyal Terrorgheist

30 Ghoul

2000pts

OP2

Glistegore

AGKonTG

Regent

2 TG

ZD

royal battalion 

1620/2000pts

6 flayers + cogs?

30ghouls + ghast?

i would like to try some list that doesn't rely to much on summons, other option is to try blisterskin...

something like :

AGKonTG

AGKonTG

Regent

Crypt Infernal

2x6 Flayers

20 ghouls

2000pts

Up ...

This is my current list I'm working to build, 2nd will most likely be a Gristlegore list

2000 Flesh-Eater Courts
Command Points 1

BlisterSkin Grand Court

Battalion
Deadwatch 110

Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs 60

Cadaverous Barricade 30

Heroes

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist 400
General/Eye of Hysh/Gruesome Bite

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist 400