AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

if anyone is interested: I might upload some bits to shapeways. these bits should provide a bit of armour /weaponry for your "knights". 
The first few uploads will be testruns since getting the scale right is pretty hard 😃

Any wishes for amor bitz you'd liketo see?

crypt_horror_armory.PNG
Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gdead909 said:

Yes you're correct with most of that, but once it is the rest of the combat phase your general would not be able to attack again.

Cute thing though you charge your models in, your general goes first, you feeding frenzy he goes again. Now you chose one of your models to go since he was picked before models can go.

that is correct, I ofc understand that he cannot fight a 3rd time. That would be completely broken hehe :) 

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

if anyone is interested: I might upload some bits to shapeways. these bits should provide a bit of armour /weaponry for your "knights". 
The first few uploads will be testruns since getting the scale right is pretty hard 😃

Any wishes for amor bitz you'd liketo see?

Sweet! Is it going to be 3d printed or? I'd love to see what you come up with :)

Reveal hidden contents

crypt_horror_armory.PNG

1 hour ago, Peegee said:

Do you guys find the mount traits strong enough to pay a Battalion for an extra one ?

I'm going GKoTG - GKoTG - GKoZD and I'd like at least 2 of them to have traits...

Def worth it for me, rerolling those maw attacks just make the difference in the list. You increase your chances of both getting an additional hit and 6MW

12 hours ago, soots said:

which combo? Thats all your eggs in one basket general.  Like i said before, one unit is going to hurt every turn. 

I feel like you need to give the mounted guy ethereal amulet as they can get easily focus fired down, that or some type of defense.  Every army has some type of nasty 15-20w alphastrike. They are close to one turning Nagash whos 16w with a 4+ ward. A 14w 6+ ward save ghoul king can easily be removed by a lot of armies.

Can confirm.   I was at a large regional 2 day event recently.  I won my first 3 games.  The last 3 games were against alpha strike armies.  The only one of those I survived was vs Dragon Princes who don't really have a proper tome.  You absolutely have got to have a plan for surviving your opponent placing half + of their units into your DZ T1. 

4 hours ago, Kairos Tejedestinos said:

The trigger is after you have attacked, so yeah, you have to use it inmediatly. 

I guess it's mentioned using it immediately after a unit has fought too, but wouldn't that mean you can't use the ability "at the start" of your combat phase

start of the combat phase != combat phase != end of the combat phase

"You can use this command ability after a friendly FLESH-EATER COURTS unit has fought in the combat phase for the first time and is wholly within 12" of a friendly FLESH-EATER COURTS HERO, or wholly within 18" of a friendly FLESH-EATER COURTS HERO that is a gerneral. [..]"

requirements:

- the unit has fought in the combat phase for the first time

- the unit is within n" of FEC HERO

both requirements still apply after other units attacked, too!?

This fight again command ability looks much better on paper IMHO.  In practice it seems to simply fall in line with where AoS is at the moment in that if a unit hits another unit it is generally going to simply wipe enough of it out so as to make it combat ineffective.  Sure there are some grindy matchups where this will do some work but on the whole it just seems to be par for the course.  The new character's ability to fight at the beginning of combat seems much better.

EDIT:  TLDR - Welcome to the Cool Kidz Club, FEC.

Edited by Deadkitten
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Deadkitten said:

This fight again command ability looks much better on paper IMHO.  In practice it seems to simply fall in line with where AoS is at the moment in that if a unit hits another unit it is generally going to simply wipe enough of it out so as to make it combat ineffective.  Sure there are some grindy matchups where this will do some work but on the whole it just seems to be par for the course.  The new character's ability to fight at the beginning of combat seems much better.

That being said, if you wipe a unit or render them ineffective, you can still make that additional 3" pile which is huge

4 minutes ago, Vlagorescu said:

That being said, if you wipe a unit or render them ineffective, you can still make that additional 3" pile which is huge

Meh.  Of course it's good.  Just not sure  it's any better than what all the other factions with an AoS 2 book can do.  Again, the diff between having a book and not is pretty significant.  

Edited by Deadkitten

1 minute ago, Deadkitten said:

Meh.  Of course it's good.  Just not sure  it's any better than what all the other factions with an AoS 2 book can do.  Again, the diff between having a book and not is pretty significant.  

We'll teach you the secret handshake when the Book releases.

• Like 1

Re-looking at the Throne and the Summoning abilities, there is a lot of talk of "Multiple Arch Regents" but i'm not seeing how it's beneficial?

The wording on the summon Royal Guard ability is: "You can use this command ability at the end of your movement phase. If you do so, pick 1 friendly model that has this command ability and has not used it before in the battle. "

Does that mean you get to use it ONCE per Archregent, or once PER ARMY?

I think it's the former but the wording is a bit silly.

4 minutes ago, Charlo said:

Re-looking at the Throne and the Summoning abilities, there is a lot of talk of "Multiple Arch Regents" but i'm not seeing how it's beneficial?

The wording on the summon Royal Guard ability is: "You can use this command ability at the end of your movement phase. If you do so, pick 1 friendly model that has this command ability and has not used it before in the battle. "

Does that mean you get to use it ONCE per Archregent, or once PER ARMY?

I think it's the former but the wording is a bit silly.

Since there is no rule of one for command abilities you can use multiple in one turn but only once per Archregent. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PUFNSTUF said:

What are people generally going to aim for summoning first turn?

In thr old battletome I always tried to get my summoning out as quick as possibly. Our Heroes are very vulnerable and we didn't have any other command abilities to use CP's on. I am still aiming for 1st turn summon all. It can give board control and the more the merrier. 

9 minutes ago, Furious Robert said:

It can give board control and the more the merrier. 

And you snowball better... playing against fe nurgle/tzeentch/beastmen/Khorne , they rack up points and get fancy stuff in the late game. Best to crush them hard first or second turn, before they can catch up on summoning, or against LoN kill the buffing regenerating heroes ASAP.

falling stars or shifting objectives might be tempting to hold a unit in reserve for late game trickery, but if those units can kill stuff most of our army is fast enough to reposition (terms&conditions apply)

3 hours ago, Fluttershy said:

I guess it's mentioned using it immediately after a unit has fought too, but wouldn't that mean you can't use the ability "at the start" of your combat phase

start of the combat phase != combat phase != end of the combat phase

"You can use this command ability after a friendly FLESH-EATER COURTS unit has fought in the combat phase for the first time and is wholly within 12" of a friendly FLESH-EATER COURTS HERO, or wholly within 18" of a friendly FLESH-EATER COURTS HERO that is a gerneral. [..]"

requirements:

- the unit has fought in the combat phase for the first time

- the unit is within n" of FEC HERO

both requirements still apply after other units attacked, too!?

The beginning of the combat phase... is the combat phase. I don't know how you draw those paralels which don't even make sense semantically or syntactically.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

Don't know if this has been brought up yet, but would this:

AoSFleshCourts-Feb6-PeerlessFerocity4jcd

Combined with the Terrorghiests maw rule mean that a 6 to hit would inflict 12 Mortal Wounds, or would it be 6 Mortals and a separate to wound roll for D6 damage?

as I read it, you get 2 hits of unmodified 6 meaning 12MW.
Edit: to make sure nobody accidentaly reads something, FAQ is clear and it would be 6MW and separate wound roll for D6 damage

Edited by Katz