AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

1 hour ago, MrRoff said:

Not broken at all

Well, if you go for pure Archregent, that’s 6x200 points 1.2k then 3x100 for minimum ghouls or, if you go for grisil-whatever, 1xghouls 2xterrorgheists (1900= 2 extra CP).

Then each one could summon once 20 ghouls, that’s 120 ghoulies for 1,2k points... brutal.

and cp free, if they all chill around the throne.

don‘t know if the summoning falls under the rule of one though... ghouls, horrors and a varghulf charge forward, next round repeat, still brutal

Even if they don't attack its still a considerable number getting to come in from any table edge; it would make it very easy for them to dominate and at least contest every objective on the table whilst still having several leaders to march up with the rest of the army. 

It does seem that when GW gets to use summoning they get carried away and break it more times than not; that or they've two rules teams with opposing views (since Skaven rat swarms actually lost their ability to add a new rat swarm model to each unit per turn) 

• Like 1

I'm curious what the people saying FEC is overpowered think about Legions of Nagash? While all the summoning, resurrecting, and extra attacks are pretty good FEC still kinda feels like an inferior version of legions. Skeleton warriors for instance are cheaper than ghouls, can get 240 attacks via an extra pile in, can bring back 4d3+ models a turn easily, and if they get wiped out the whole unit can come back guaranteed for 1 command point.

Edited by Forrix
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kairos Tejedestinos said:

- A command trait.

- It's your turn, if i am not mistaken the command trait is that you attack at the beginning of the combat phase rather than at the combat phase (i don't have the book), so you still get to choose which units attacks first in the combat phase. To simplify, you resolve beginning of the combat phase, attack twice, then start to choose units as you normally do, and since it's your turn, you go first choosing unit, and you attack twice with it if you have the CP.

- Yes, you pop it after it has attacked.

It's kind of funny because it shows how long the battletome schedules takes, because it's kinda like a doppleganger cloak, and that one got nerfed to once per battle.

ok, let's assume you start with an attack covered by your combat trait followed by an attack triggered by feeding frenzy. in this case you're starting your combat phase with an attack (triggered by feeding frenzy). after your attack it's your opponets choice to attack witch a unit.

i don't think you'll be able to attack 4 times in a row.. we'll see ;)

2 minutes ago, Fluttershy said:

ok, let's assume you start with an attack covered by your combat trait followed by an attack triggered by feeding frenzy. in this case you're starting your combat phase with an attack (triggered by feeding frenzy). after your attack it's your opponets choice to attack witch a unit.

No, because it was the beginning of the combat phase, before players start choosing units to attack with. Like goblin fanatics.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Forrix said:

I'm curious what the people saying FEC is overpowered think about Legions of Nagash? While all the summoning, resurrecting, and extra attacks are pretty good FEC still kinda feels like an inferior version of legions. Skeleton warriors for instance are cheaper than ghouls, can get 240 attacks via an extra pile in, can bring back 4d3+ models a turn easily, and if they get wiped out the whole unit can come back guaranteed for 1 command point.

I largely agree. All of our battleline options are too poorly costed to be worth buying straight into lists. I also believe that our healing is basically a trap. The whole system is taxed too heavily to be viable.

However, Gristlegore with 3 mounted heros and an Archregent is going t be an incredbly effective list that doesn't resemble anything LoN can do.

I would say that Blisterkin benefits even more to the Monster Mash list.  +2" move on everybody is priceless, the extra CP on 4+ very much needed as well and the redeployment ability can save a Monster in bad shape or allow to "disengage" and charge somewhere else.

A few points I want to make.

1)

Literally reads out the entire book. Please listen and stop guessing what things do.

2) You either get a Court or a Delusion, not both.

3) Archregent is undercosted, but, after a mounted king and 3 battlelines at a worthwhile size, you're not going to have points for enough of them to be a serious balance issue, plus there are diminishing returns because they all have the same spell.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rosa said:

Thanks for the replies.

I cant follow the argument though, that because of the limited rooster, the combos, traits and units need to be this uber.

There are plenty of armies that are rather limited. I repeat: units with +250 attacks are nonsense...

I am Happy that you guys receive new stuff though:)

I mean, DoK, LoN and Deepkin all counter this faction HARD. There is nothing broken with FEC. 

6 minutes ago, lord_blackfang said:

A few points I want to make.

1)

Literally reads out the entire book. Please listen and stop guessing what things do.

2) You either get a Court or a Delusion, not both.

3) Archregent is undercosted, but, after a mounted king and 3 battlelines at a worthwhile size, you're not going to have points for enough of them to be a serious balance issue, plus there are diminishing returns because they all have the same spell.

I would argue not to listen to this guy because he got 80% wrong fact from that tome. 

The guy literally reads everything and then makes up his own rules lol..

47 minutes ago, Fluttershy said:

Yo attack both times before everyone else gets to fight in the combat phase mate. The rule of feeding frenzy states that you get to immediately make another pile in move and attack. It's still the same unit that's doing it thus it counts as a single activation. 

It's not like my opponent get's to fight with 2 of their units right after each other because I went twice with one unit thanks to an ability. 

The only time this would not apply is if I would play against Idoneth Deepkin in turn 3. Then i'm only able to activate my general twice and then the opponent gets to fight first with all their units. 

Get the point? :)

10 minutes ago, Vlagorescu said:

I would argue not to listen to this guy because he got 80% wrong fact from that tome. 

The guy literally reads everything and then makes up his own rules lol..

Yeah, he does... does not do a very good job of understanding the things he says.  Granted, I wish he was right that you can summon 20 ghouls every turn for free if you put a regent on a throne, but that is demonstrably false already.

38 minutes ago, Vlagorescu said:

found the FAQ, thx

Q: Some abilities allow or require a unit to fight at the start of the combat phase, or the end of the combat phase. How exactly does this work? What happens if two or more units have to fight at the start or the end of the phase?

A: Units that fight at the start or the end of the combat phase make a pile-in move and then attack with their melee weapons before the players start picking any other units to fight in that phase, or after the players have picked all other units to fight in that phase, respectively. So, first you pile in and make attacks with the units that are to fight at the start of the phase, then the players alternate picking units to fight with, starting with the player whose turn is taking place, and lastly you pile in and make attacks with units that make attacks at the end of the combat phase. If there are several units fighting at the start or the end of the phase, the player whose turn is taking place attacks with all of their units in the order of their choice, and then their opponent does the same.

3 minutes ago, Fluttershy said:

found the FAQ, thx

Q: Some abilities allow or require a unit to fight at the start of the combat phase, or the end of the combat phase. How exactly does this work? What happens if two or more units have to fight at the start or the end of the phase?

A: Units that fight at the start or the end of the combat phase make a pile-in move and then attack with their melee weapons before the players start picking any other units to fight in that phase, or after the players have picked all other units to fight in that phase, respectively. So, first you pile in and make attacks with the units that are to fight at the start of the phase, then the players alternate picking units to fight with, starting with the player whose turn is taking place, and lastly you pile in and make attacks with units that make attacks at the end of the combat phase. If there are several units fighting at the start or the end of the phase, the player whose turn is taking place attacks with all of their units in the order of their choice, and then their opponent does the same.

that's the one :) 

9 hours ago, rosa said:

Sorry Guys ... Sorry GW....

This tome seems utterly broken.

These kind of crazy combos proove that there is no internal Playtesting.

which combo? Thats all your eggs in one basket general.  Like i said before, one unit is going to hurt every turn. 

I feel like you need to give the mounted guy ethereal amulet as they can get easily focus fired down, that or some type of defense.  Every army has some type of nasty 15-20w alphastrike. They are close to one turning Nagash whos 16w with a 4+ ward. A 14w 6+ ward save ghoul king can easily be removed by a lot of armies.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Vlagorescu said:

Yo attack both times before everyone else gets to fight in the combat phase mate. The rule of feeding frenzy states that you get to immediately make another pile in move and attack. It's still the same unit that's doing it thus it counts as a single activation. 

It's not like my opponent get's to fight with 2 of their units right after each other because I went twice with one unit thanks to an ability. 

The only time this would not apply is if I would play against Idoneth Deepkin in turn 3. Then i'm only able to activate my general twice and then the opponent gets to fight first with all their units. 

Yes you're correct with most of that, but once it is the rest of the combat phase your general would not be able to attack again.

Cute thing though you charge your models in, your general goes first, you feeding frenzy he goes again. Now you chose one of your models to go since he was picked before models can go.

The trigger is after you have attacked, so yeah, you have to use it inmediatly. 

7 hours ago, soots said:

which combo? Thats all your eggs in one basket general.  Like i said before, one unit is going to hurt every turn. 

I feel like you need to give the mounted guy ethereal amulet as they can get easily focus fired down, that or some type of defense.  Every army has some type of nasty 15-20w alphastrike. They are close to one turning Nagash whos 16w with a 4+ ward. A 14w 6+ ward save ghoul king can easily be removed by a lot of armies.

That's not a 15-20w alphastrike tho. It's way, way more. The problem with that kind of list should be facing a shooty list imo.

14 minutes ago, Kairos Tejedestinos said:

The trigger is after you have attacked, so yeah, you have to use it inmediatly. 

That's not a 15-20w alphastrike tho. It's way, way more. The problem with that kind of list should be facing a shooty list imo.

I'd agree that it should be used immediatly
Yeah, shooting will be a death sentence for such list, I can clearly see how my friend playing skaven will blast my heroes with warp-lightning cannons whille sitting behind the bubblewrap of cannon fodder

They spoiled the gristlegore army trait that monsters and heros on a hit roll of 6 makes 2 hits insted of one. How does this interact with the terrorgeist 6=mortal wounds. Does it do two lots of MW or one lot of MW and a second normal hit. Or does it just not overlap?

1 hour ago, Izikail said:

They spoiled the gristlegore army trait that monsters and heros on a hit roll of 6 makes 2 hits insted of one. How does this interact with the terrorgeist 6=mortal wounds. Does it do two lots of MW or one lot of MW and a second normal hit. Or does it just not overlap?

You get 6 mortal wounds and a normal hit as per the recent FAQ:

Q: Sometimes a dice roll will trigger an effect. For example, a weapon might have a rule that says a hit roll of 6 causes two hits on the target instead of 1. What happens if another effect applies to the same roll? For example, the weapon from the previous example might have a rule that says it inflicts D6 mortal wounds on a hit roll of 6 and the attack sequence ends – would I get to inflict two hits that each inflicted D6 mortal wounds?

A: When a dice roll triggers more than one effect, each effect is triggered once. For this example, this means that the hit roll would cause two hits, but only one of the hits would inflict D6 mortal wounds (you would carry out the rest of the attack procedure for the other hit normally).

• Like 2