AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

This will be my first go-to list to try out: 

Gristlemaw court

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (Always fights first, double pile-in with feeding frenzy, rerolling maw-attacks) Stack Ferocious hunger + black hunger)
Cast mystic shield and Unholy vitality. 

- Mount trait: Gruesome bites

- Blood feast 

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (Grim garland, Monstrous vigour spell)

- Myasmal Shroud

Abhorrant Archregent

- Blood feast 

Abhorrant Ghoul King 

- Spectral Host

Abhorrant Ghoul King 

- Spectral Host

Crypt ghast courtier

1x20 ghouls

1x10 ghouls

1x10 ghouls 

Corpse Cart

Cogs 
Royal Family

2000p

You just buff the ****** out of your general who fights first in EVERY combat phase. This means that you can pop Feeding frenzy on him after he has fought for the first time before any other unit has fought. Straight after that you pop feeding frenzy with your other GKoTG meaning that you get to fight 4 times with the two dragons before any other enemy unit gets activated! That is INSANE.

Summon ghouls with your archregents/ghoul kings for free with the Throne. Save your two knight summons with the GKoTG's. 

Corpse cart for 80p helps you with your so important spells to go off. 

Batallion means that you can take an additional artefact, mount trait for your GKoTG nr 2 and an extra CP making it a 8 drop list. 

If your opponent outdrops you, you got enough chaff to screen your entire army. 

Give your non-general GKoTG the reroll saverolls with cogs and cast an additional spell. 

These monsters will hit HARD and massive amounts of MW with -2 bravery debuff and extra attacks, + 6's triggering new ones and re-rolling your maw. 

Super excited to try this 2k list. 

Played a 1k game yesterday with the new rules and my GKoTG with 4 extra attacks one-shotted a mawcrusha with ethereal amulet. I didn't even have to use Feeding Frenzy. 

Edited by Vlagorescu

2 minutes ago, Vlagorescu said:

Gristlemaw court

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (Always fights first, double pile-in with feeding frenzy, rerolling maw-attacks) Stack Ferocious hunger + black hunger)
Cast mystic shield and Unholy vitality. 

- Blood feast 

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (Grim garland, Monstrous vigour spell)

- Myasmal Shroud

Abhorrant Archregent

- Blood feast 

Abhorrant Ghoul King 

- Spectral Host

Abhorrant Ghoul King 

- Spectral Host

Crypt ghast courtier

1x20 ghouls

1x10 ghouls

1x10 ghouls 

Corpse Cart

Cogs 
Royal Family

2000p

You just buff the ****** out of your general who fights first in EVERY combat phase. This means that you can pop Feeding frenzy on him after he has fought for the first time before any other unit has fought. Straight after that you pop feeding frenzy with your other GKoTG meaning that you get to fight 4 times with the two dragons before any other enemy unit gets activated! That is INSANE.

Summon ghouls with your archregents/ghoul kings for free with the Throne. Save your two knight summons with the GKoTG's. 

Corpse cart for 80p helps you with your so important spells to go off. 

Batallion means that you can take an additional artefact, mount trait for your GKoTG nr 2 and an extra CP making it a 8 drop list. 

If your opponent outdrops you, you got enough chaff to screen your entire army. 

Give your non-general GKoTG the reroll saverolls with cogs and cast an additional spell. 

These monsters will hit HARD and massive amounts of MW with -2 bravery debuff and extra attacks, + 6's triggering new ones and re-rolling your maw. 

Super excited to try this 2k list. 

Played a 1k game yesterday with the new rules and my GKoTG with 4 extra attacks one-shotted a mawcrusha with ethereal amulet. I didn't even have to use Feeding Frenzy. 

Is there a points change for any of the monsters? 

5 minutes ago, Vlagorescu said:

That is INSANE.

Which is exactly what FEC are about!
Going to use GKoTG and GKoZD on a tourney this sunday with the same idea

3 minutes ago, jake3991 said:

Is there a points change for any of the monsters? 

Nope

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rosa said:

Sorry Guys ... Sorry GW....

This tome seems utterly broken.

These kind of crazy combos proove that there is no internal Playtesting.

If so, than it will change meta which is always good, also this army have pretty obvious counter match-ups so I doubt your statement

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rosa said:

Sorry Guys ... Sorry GW....

This tome seems utterly broken.

These kind of crazy combos proove that there is no internal Playtesting.

The issue is, an army like FEC with only 13 units to choose from the book needs heavy synergy and powerful traits/ artefacts/ allegiance abilities to perform. It's still rather limited in scope.

They do what they do well but are by no means broken.

• Like 1

Aye FEC have a very small roster of models - heck quite a few are just alternate heads on a model. That's not a diverse line to get excited about. So with few options to put on the table they've got have some good synergies because they don't have the variety to vary their tactics and composition the same ways others do. 

Basically FEC have very few tools in the box, so those that they do have have to perform really well. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Vlagorescu said:

Looks tough.  With only one extra CP, though, I worry it would have trouble consistently getting hunger off on both monsters, let alone using their summons.  And I'm not as convinced that 40 ghouls is enough chaff to keep everything safe from alpha rush lists.

Definitely scary though.

Thanks for the replies.

I cant follow the argument though, that because of the limited rooster, the combos, traits and units need to be this uber.

There are plenty of armies that are rather limited. I repeat: units with +250 attacks are nonsense...

I am Happy that you guys receive new stuff though:)

2 hours ago, Vlagorescu said:

That is INSANE.

It is... I can hear the cries for the nerf-baton even befor I hold this dripping thing of filthy cheese in my hands!!!

i‘m really Not sure how and what to feel, the ideas are just broken and I kinda hope it evens out, when I finally get to field some of those wreck-trains.

1 minute ago, Fluttershy said:

His command ability is summoning, only once per battle, Ferocious Hunger (+attacks) is a cast

Yeah, but what stops you from having 5 Abhorrant Archregants? And using all the command abilities the same turn, and having the throne terrain piece?
1000p+ worth of models added to your army.

Edited by MrRoff

gues it will be other mechanics, wich will become apparent as broken 😁

but hey, it's a "new" battletome, it has to be "uber" to sell those dusty fec models.. buisiness as usual.. enjoy your time, as long as it lasts

RIP Ghoul Patrol & Majestic Horror

Edited by Fluttershy

3 hours ago, Vlagorescu said:

Never mind me, i read it wrong :D

Edited by Kairos Tejedestinos

19 minutes ago, Fluttershy said:

i still don't get it.

- why is your general fighting first in every combat phase?

- fight 4 times before any other unit gets activated?

you can pop feeding frenzy after that unit has attacked, not before!?

- A command trait.

- It's your turn, if i am not mistaken the command trait is that you attack at the beginning of the combat phase rather than at the combat phase (i don't have the book), so you still get to choose which units attacks first in the combat phase. To simplify, you resolve beginning of the combat phase, attack twice, then start to choose units as you normally do, and since it's your turn, you go first choosing unit, and you attack twice with it if you have the CP.

- Yes, you pop it after it has attacked.

It's kind of funny because it shows how long the battletome schedules takes, because it's kinda like a doppleganger cloak, and that one got nerfed to once per battle.

Edited by Kairos Tejedestinos