AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

7 minutes ago, XReN said:

And you can give the maw full hit rerolls via mount trait

Well, that‘s pretty mean, poor dragon will stay bored at home. Although his breath is great against (high bravery) high save units and he throws out a ton of attacks... 7 claws and fully luckily buffed that’s 11 also with reroll then, -1 / 2dmg... pieces and gore flying everywhere .

but the chance for the gaping maw which ignores all saves just too sweet

• Like 1

Hey, I am planning a pre brexit panic army buy :D

I don't know the current tome neither stuff from the new one but would that model selection be ok to start with?

1 x Start Collecting! Flesh-Eater Courts
1 x Age Of Sigmar: Carrion Empire (English)    
1 x Endless Spells: Flesh-Eater Courts    
1 x Flesh-Eater Courts Charnel Throne    
3 x Flesh-Eater Courts Crypt Flayers / Horrors / Vargheists    
1 x Flesh-Eater Courts Crypt Ghouls 

Maybe 2 Ghoul boxes just to be safe :D?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, schwabbele said:

I don't know the current tome neither stuff from the new one but would that model selection be ok to start with?

I'd go with Carrion Empire twice - you should have no trouble getting rid of the Skaven at cost, and then, it's a really good deal.

Also, maybe consider a second SC instead of the single boxes. Even with the price increase, they are well worth it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your inpu,t adapted to :

2 x Start Collecting! Flesh-Eater Courts
2 x Age Of Sigmar: Carrion Empire (English)    
1 x Endless Spells: Flesh-Eater Courts    
1 x Flesh-Eater Courts Crypt Flayers / Horrors / Vargheists    
1 x Flesh-Eater Courts Crypt Ghouls 

And I will look out for the other box :)

16 minutes ago, schwabbele said:

If you're not averse to a bit of proxying, you could also swap this for the Magewrath Throne - looks much better (imho, of course) and is much cheaper.

And I'm not sure you really need to get the two single boxes of flayers/horrors and ghouls - you should have (for a start at least) plenty of both your other boxes (60 ghouls & 18 flayers/horrors).

1 minute ago, RocketMan said:

Simply question: if u cast the archregent spell on the gheist, each attack would gain the +d3? Or just one of the 3 melee weap? 

" Add the roll to the Attacks characteristic of melee weapons used by that unit until your next hero phase."

If not a single weapon is specifically called out, it means it's all the weapons. :)

2 minutes ago, RocketMan said:

Simply question: if u cast the archregent spell on the gheist, each attack would gain the +d3? Or just one of the 3 melee weap? 

AoSCarrionEmpire-Fab4-FerociusHunger5jc.

"Add the roll to the Attacks characteristic of melee weapons used by that unit."

So it adds it to ALL of them :D

Can somebody tell me what the requirements for the Royal Menagerie battalions are? And the effect is a d3 heal when the beasts are close to each other, right?

And I assume the new traits for TGs and ZD are instead of a trait for a character, not extra, right (that would be a bit much, but one can still hope)?

Edited by Mutter

13 minutes ago, Mutter said:

Can somebody tell me what the requirements for the Royal Menagerie battalions are? And the effect is a d3 heal when the beasts are close to each other, right?

And I assume the new traits for TGs and ZD are instead of a trait for a character, not extra, right (that would be a bit much, but one can still hope)?

If it's like the Stormcast traits, then it's just one MOUNT in your army :), so you can stack ;)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mutter said:

Can somebody tell me what the requirements for the Royal Menagerie battalions are?

Tricky, only got this:

https://pastebin.com/JR869SLP

where it said heal d3 if within 5“ of one another.

Last ruleset: Any model, so NO stacking and only healing 1 hp through the battalion. And also, old rules, the pure Tg got d3 hp while near an ABK, but the Zd didn’t!!! And the new warscrolls confirm this...

last requirements from the old book 3+ Tg or Zd in any combination. No caps lock, so only the monsters. If your general is an AGK within 15“ a 6“ move during herophase...

don‘t know how things have changed, KEYWORD wise

Edited by Honk
  • Like 1

@Honkand @XReN, thanks for the terrorgheist thoughts! Can somebody help me clarify how the new Gaping Maw works though? (Screenshot from the Warscroll below).  Unmodified attack roll of 6 does 6 mortal wounds - so far so good. But I’m a little confused about “and the attack sequence ends.” Does that mean, for example, that if you rolled multiple sixes, only one would do the mortal wounds, or would they all go off simultaneously? Does it also prevent you from using Skeletal Claws? Fairly new to AoS and I’m a little uncertain how to untangle the timing of “attack sequence ends.”

0B40C2EB-8853-44BF-9FE3-83BC38421A47.jpeg

2 minutes ago, ierthling said:

@Honkand @XReN, thanks for the terrorgheist thoughts! Can somebody help me clarify how the new Gaping Maw works though? (Screenshot from the Warscroll below).  Unmodified attack roll of 6 does 6 mortal wounds - so far so good. But I’m a little confused about “and the attack sequence ends.” Does that mean, for example, that if you rolled multiple sixes, only one would do the mortal wounds, or would they all go off simultaneously? Does it also prevent you from using Skeletal Claws? Fairly new to AoS and I’m a little uncertain how to untangle the timing of “attack sequence ends.”

0B40C2EB-8853-44BF-9FE3-83BC38421A47.jpeg

It means that you don't roll to wound or saves, does not restrict dishing MWs from more than 1 six

"Attack sequence ends" basically means that individual attack does not roll to wound, then the opponent allocate wounds and roll saves etc the opponent just suffers the 6 Mortal wounds.

Each individual dice has it's own "Attack sequence", so if you rolled two 6's and a 4, you'd deal 12 mortal wounds instantly and then roll to wound with the 4, as it is a hit then your opponent could save against that etc.

1 hour ago, Mutter said:

Yeah, I have that pastebin info, too, and it's great to have it, but it is lacking in some areas.

Yeah sorry about that, was just me trying to make sense of the youtube reviews and transcribe them while watching. Like, I have no idea what is going on with the Abhorrent command traits, and timing on quite a few (every?) things is thoroughly lacking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1