AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

hmm..

black hunger (ghoul king, cast:5) and ferocious hunger (archregent, cast:6) combined gives a unit +2-4 Attack characterisic until next hero phase +feeding frenzy

melee mayhem.. 20 ghouls with bh & fh and ff will make 162 attack rolls (min) 202 attack rolls (avg) 242 attack rolls (max) 😲

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 hours ago, Oldshrimpeyes said:

New Flesh Eater here, looking for some advice.

I have sketched out a 3 Terrorgheist list and need some advice on how to vary the models so I'm not stuck with the same pose. I'm planning to adorn each of my ghoul kings with various paraphernalia to differentiate them, the big beasties are the problem though. 

Anyone got any experience with this? 

you have two different poses in the box (head up and head down). for my 3rd one I rearranged it a bit on a scenery piece, not so hard to do with a bit green stuff.

20190210_090831.jpg

20190210_090816.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Xedge said:

hi guys,

Looking at the last page of the Battletome in the video review it seems that there are two ways to make Crypt Horros & Flayers Battleline but I can't read the whole sentence. Any info please?

You can either make them Battleline by having the corresponding Courtier or by taking the one great court (Hollow Mourn).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Xedge said:

thanks Gecktron!

HollowMourn allows you to take both Crypt Horrors and Crypt Flayers as Battleline then?

Yes. 

On another note, Im torn between paying points for a Ghoul Courtier or just taking the chalice. Only 4 wounds means even a average roll on a D6 can take him out. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lord_blackfang said:

Yeah each Court unlocks a different thing. One for Flayers, one for Horrors, one for Terrorghasts and one for Zombie Dragons.

EDIT: Sorry, one court unlocks both behemoths, and one doesn't unlock anything.

Yeah, the foundation of the courts is less their narrative character, which is what I had expected, and more the core units they're supposed to favor as their battleline - horrors, flayers, monsters, or ghouls - with any narrative concepting built around that battleline preference after the fact.

Since ghouls are already battleline that last one doesn't unlock alternative battleline options.

I say "supposed to" because there are arguements to be made that some units are better served by other units' courts.  Blisterskin is the flayer court, emphasizing the flayers' speed with a faction-wide +2 to move.  But since flayers are alreadu pretty fast, an argument could be made that that move speed bonus better serves slower units like ghouls and horrors.

In the end none of the courts were reall6 designed around the heroes, so my preficted magic/nahash-worshipping court didn't pan out.  Which leaves me 0 for 3 on predictions for FEC 2.0, after wrongly predicting we would see  new courtier models and a new plastic varghulf.

• Sad 1

So if you've been paying attention you literally know the whole book by now.

I've been fooling around with a Flayer list and came to the conclusion that I'd rather NOT use Blisterskin court. Once you decide to go for 3 Flayer units you want Deadwatch for the extra fight, which means you need a Crypt Infernal and so have Flayers as battleline anyway. While Blisterskin trait and artefact are okayish, generic ones are always better.

So here's what I came up with for 2k on the dot:

Royal Feast Delusion

GKOZD (summons Varghulf), Grim Garland, Horribly Resilient

Archregent (summons Varghulf)

Archregent (usually summons 20 Ghouls)

Crypt Infernal Courtier (general, Dark Acolyte, Medal of Madness)

9 Flayers

3 Flayers

3 Flayers

Deadwatch

Chalice of Ushroan

Aethervoid Pendulum

The idea is to add D3+1 attacks (Archregent and Infernal via Dark Acolyte) and then fight 3 times a turn with the big Flayer unit (from battalion and a free use of a command ability from Medal of Madness) and 2 times with the GKOZD (with a free use from Royal Feast) without spending any CP while also returning massive amounts of models, healing all the wounds and spamming 15 banshee howls a round at straight up 2d6 thanks to Grim Garland.

Edited by lord_blackfang

37 minutes ago, lord_blackfang said:

So if you've been paying attention you literally know the whole book by now.

I've been fooling around with a Flayer list and came to the conclusion that I'd rather NOT use Blisterskin court. Once you decide to go for 3 Flayer units you want Deadwatch for the extra fight, which means you need a Crypt Infernal and so have Flayers as battleline anyway. While Blisterskin trait and artefact are okayish, generic ones are always better.

So here's what I came up with for 2k on the dot:

Royal Feast Delusion

GKOZD (summons Varghulf), Grim Garland, Horribly Resilient

Archregent (summons Varghulf)

Archregent (usually summons 20 Ghouls)

Crypt Infernal Courtier (general, Dark Acolyte, Medal of Madness)

9 Flayers

3 Flayers

3 Flayers

Deadwatch

Chalice of Ushroan

Aethervoid Pendulum

The idea is to add D3+1 attacks (Archregent and Infernal via Dark Acolyte) and then fight 3 times a turn with the big Flayer unit (from battalion and a free use of a command ability from Medal of Madness) and 2 times with the GKOZD (with a free use from Royal Feast) without spending any CP while also returning massive amounts of models, healing all the wounds and spamming 15 banshee howls a round at straight up 2d6 thanks to Grim Garland.

I arrive at the same conclusion than you:

somme grand court are really nice but the artefact you got from them aren’t so useful

really like your list 

personally I’ll use the artefact that make -2 bravery on unit within 6’’ and the suffoc gravetide (-1 bravery too). Make the scream of the flayer even better again :) 

3 hours ago, Sception said:

In the end none of the courts were reall6 designed around the heroes, so my preficted magic/nahash-worshipping court didn't pan out. 

We didn't get the full caster court I was hoping for, but we can make a decent approximation. Archregent has two casts/unbind, can take the trait for +1 to all magic rolls, and then the artifact for a +2 total. Or upgrade a courtier to a wizard with that specific trait. Add an allied Arkhan and there's some decent casting power. 

Definitely not what we were hoping for, but there's some potential.