AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

playing a 1000 pts game

me: "hey, i think returning slain models could be added to a unit within 10" - because of..."

he: "..I'm  ok with that - doesn't matter at all"

me: "ok, but it *makes* a difference"

he: "nah, bulls***"

-- putting 950 pts DEADWATCH Batallion on the table - (1x Crypt Infernal Courtier, 1x Varghulf, 3x 3 Crypt Flayers ;) ) --

he: "I'll squish your bloody wings"

me: "ok"

-- short time later --

he: "ha! see, i wiped your first unit, they totally suck in small numbers"

-- returning 4 Flayers to unit (a) (including the two slain Crypt Infernal [leader of the unit] models from unit (b) and (c) --

he: "you can't return leaders of a unit to another one"

me: "why not? as long as they have been slain and are using the same Warscroll - in coherence with the Core Rules of UNITS 'Models fight in units. A unit can have one or more models, but cannot include models that use different warscrolls.', bloody winged Crypt Infernal [leader of the unit] can be returned to a friendly Crypt Flayers unit within 10", too.

he: "but.., eh.., but.."

-- fisted his SCE with a lovely unit of 7+ Crypt Flayers DEADWATCH including 3 'leaders' :D -- took 2x 10 summoned ghouls to take objectives --

he: "damn - ok, there is a difference"

me: "gg"

-- we got some beer, a bloody feast and laughed a lot --

I need some help.

I am mostly a Seraphon player. I love big models even though mine aren't great. I also like the undead units and have always had an eye on flesh eater courts. Specifically the monster mash list because who doesn't want 4 undead dragons on the table? That being said I know start collecting boxes are going up in prices in like a week. 

I noticed I can get the 2k list for monster mash in 4 start collecting boxes. 3x Flesh eater courts and 1x Hordes. I know with summoning they actually need more models but I figured this is a great start and very low price point for 2k points. Am I missing something important here? What else would I need and should I magnetize the riders to run the monsters without the riders as well?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Future said:

I noticed I can get the 2k list for monster mash in 4 start collecting boxes. 3x Flesh eater courts and 1x Hordes. I know with summoning they actually need more models but I figured this is a great start and very low price point for 2k points. Am I missing something important here? What else would I need and should I magnetize the riders to run the monsters without the riders as well?

Given that basically every model other than the Vargulf can be made from the SC set, not missing much. Magnetize might be good if you want some naked terrogheists or have an itch to also have a Vampire Lord on Dragon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Future said:

Magnetize the hell out of them! And always bring all loadouts with you, had to learn it the hard way (6 horrors spending 9 combat phases on 5 liberators in cover just sucks)

Other than 4 SC boxes you will need another 3 horrors/flayers to round up your summon

• Like 1

Are people still finding Arkhan to be a good ally? Current list I'm building this week is looking like this:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Delusion: Crusading Army
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
- General
- Trait: Magestic Horror 
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (440)
- Artefact: The Flayed Pennant 
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament (320)
- Allies

Battleline
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (180)

Total: 2000 / 2000

Still unsure if I want to build Horrors or Flayers, especially with the impending updates inevitably changing some things... Anyone have a magnetizing guide for them to link?

On 1/25/2019 at 7:17 PM, Gwendar said:

Are people still finding Arkhan to be a good ally? Current list I'm building this week is looking like this:

Played couple of similar lists, first was with 6 horrors instead of arkhan, doppelganger cloak (before nerf) on ZD (general, majestic horror)   and miasmatic blade on TG, won a local tournament pretty confidently
Second was for 2250 tournament with arkhan, more ghouls, courtier and some CPs, doppelganger cloak (again, before nerf) on TG general with magestic horror and flayed pennant on patrol's courtier for summon flank charge

Then, yesterday got my ass kicked, used this list:
Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Delusion: Crusading Army
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
- General
- Trait: Magestic Horror 
- Artefact: Miasmatic Blade 
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (440)
- Artefact: The Flayed Pennant 

Battleline
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Units
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (180)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 114

So what I can tell - arkhan is very good to have an upperhand in magic play going to use him more, and ghouls in units of 20 are having big troubles surviving during the game when hit hard because you don't really have CPs to spare for passing bravery early in the game, if you get alpha striked hard enough say good bye to your expensive 200 points unit that is supposed to win you mission so I will be tweaking some things until I find whats the most optimal.

• Like 2

@XReN I would really hate to drop Arkhan to add in 30 more ghouls, but I do see how they can have some issues in the long haul. I think I just need to play some games with them to see how my local meta respond since no one else plays FeC around here anymore. For all I know, they'll just ignore the ghouls for the most part and focus fire everything into the big monsters\Arkhan even if they aren't whats currently holding an objective.

Official announcement!

PreOrderPreview-Feb3-FECBattletome9ph.jp

PreOrderPreview-Feb3-FECWarscrollCards12

PreOrderPreview-Feb3-CharnelThrone10xm.j

PreOrderPreview-Feb3-FECSpells11ec.jpg

Death Battletome: Flesh-eater Courts updates one of Warhammer Age of Sigmar’s most popular armies for the new edition of the game, bringing together allegiance abilities, deeper rules and more to bring the army fully up to date.

You’ll be able to customise your characters with new magic and artefacts, or dedicate your army to one of the Grand Courts. Side with Gristlegore, for example, and you’ll get to take Royal Zombie Dragons as Battleline!

You’ve got new models on the way too, in the form of the Charnel Throne terrain piece and a gruesome set of Endless Spells. A set of handy Warscroll Cards rounds out the range, ensuring that keeping track of your units is simple.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Can anyone make out the Abhorrent Archregent rules from that flash of the card.  He is obviously 6 wounds, 4+ save, 6 move and 10 Bravery but I can not make out the special text, command ability or the spell. 

Spell is ________ Hunger

The command ability seems to say Summon Imperial Guard. Interesting!!!!!!

Has something like summon either 1 COURTIER, something something REVENANTS or a unit of 20 SERFS.

Maybe some renaming, or some changing units.

Edited by TheWilddog