AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

3 hours ago, Diablo said:

his damage is also very good 

The idea is pretty sound, but min ghouls will just pop against an IJ charge. Beware of the brutes, they plow through horrors/flayers and also our mounted kings, all that rerolling to hit if the model has 4+ wounds is terrifying.

also your varghulf is too valuable to risk him in melee, lost a battle against nurgle just because I charged those stupid plaquebearers...

ansonsten viel Glück 

• Haha 1

Probably late, but this is something I ran for 1500 against Skaven, for Ironjaws I'd change second courtier either for geminids and CP, or 10 ghouls for a screening unit of 20 total

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Delusion: Crusading Army
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
- General
- Trait: Magestic Horror 
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak 
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (440)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
- Artefact: The Flayed Pennant 
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (180)

Total: 1480 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 70

It's time to break the silence
The discussion of courtiers that included some Deadwatch talk got me thinking
What if instead of investing points into fighting in the hero phase which might be two combat phases after the start of engadgement we just make our sad Flayers charge turn one with a mounted ghoul king by their side and also take more good models?
So we will need a mounted ghoul king, I think the one on terrorgheist to bring in Grim Garland
Cogs
And Royal Mordants with Varghulf bringing Flayed Pennant with a unit of 9-12 flayers
Plus another ghoul king to cast dem Cogs whille GKoTG will throw his spell on flayers so thay can hope to survive retaliation

With all that we get whopping 20" move and rerollable 2d6+5 charge on our flayers, and 16" move, same charge on GKoTG

The garland should allow us to deal some additional bravery casualties on initial charge and the next turn it will help us to scream on our enemies louder and scarier

I honestly think it's way better than deadwatch and can actually make flayers work, since it's capitalising on something that horrors don't have - speed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XReN said:

I honestly think it's way better than deadwatch

There is truth in that... of course a maxed out, tweaked deadwatch can be played, but the circumstances have to match and your gameplay has to fit the scenario too.

The sad thing is, that flayers are just 12“, while fast not really fast enough horrors move 7“. While the mortal wounds are nice, a gravestone to the face suits every opponent, especially when rerolling to hit(15“king). The scream is worthless without the garland.

If you think about a tweaked abbatoir list... and the speed of the flayers is also kinda c-blocked by all the summoning from board edge. Your king can just call in 3/2x3 horrors „right“ into the backlines...why fly if your already there?!

But!!! All this min/max meta breaking is stupid!!! I call out for more fluff and crazy Lists!!!

• Like 1

In the new "big" FAQ:

Q: Some old abilities refer to a roll of 6. What does this mean exactly?

A: If an ability refers to a roll of 6 (rather than a roll of
6+ or a roll of 6 or more), it means a roll of 6 after re-
rolls but before any modifiers are applied.

Well, that makes Crypt Flayer much more reliable in a meta filled with -hit effects. And Slaanesh seems to pile in even more of that.

Atleast in my games that was my biggest problem with them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well that sucks to see DOPEelganger cloak being hanged in the closet forever and I wish we had 3+ save on our kings like vamps do, but since we don't Etherial Amulet won't help us much

I'll try to throw some thoughts on what we can take now, few things that come in my mind first are The Ragged Cloak, Ignax's Scales and Gryph-feather Charm
Also Essence of Vulcatrix sounds cool if we use it with GKoTG to make him super-killy for one turn at least
Guardian's  Coronet is pretty solid with 4+ prevents for wholle battle round 

Edited by XReN

Hey all, just joined the club! 

Via second hand site ive bought a nice FeC army. Not sure how to use it or basically anything about them, but i do like the models a lot and they fit with my skellies etc. 

The army includes: 

zombie dragon with 2 ghoul kings, 

6 Crypt horrors 
5 Vargheists 
2 Crypt infernal 
2 Crypt haunter courtier 
30 Ghouls (+ 3 crypt ghast courtier)
1 Vaghulf 

What would be a nice playlist with these models? Can some of the experts help me on the way to get started and use this for a few games in local warhammer store?

much appreciated!

For defense:

-1 o hit

Ethereal form

After save (6+)

Save on mortal wounds (4+)

I think the other objects are not so valuable, in particular I despise one use only.

For offense:

+1 to hit and range

+1 to hit and wound

+1 damage

I'd go for the plus damage on the king... I think without the cloak our kings are not survaivable enough, even with those objects I have listed...

4 minutes ago, Saikological said:

Hey all, just joined the club! 

Via second hand site ive bought a nice FeC army. Not sure how to use it or basically anything about them, but i do like the models a lot and they fit with my skellies etc. 

The army includes: 

zombie dragon with 2 ghoul kings, 

6 Crypt horrors 
5 Vargheists 
2 Crypt infernal 
2 Crypt haunter courtier 
30 Ghouls (+ 3 crypt ghast courtier)
1 Vaghulf 

What would be a nice playlist with these models? Can some of the experts help me on the way to get started and use this for a few games in local warhammer store?

much appreciated!

Welcome to the Council of the Kings!
So, I need to ask you if you want to play competitive or more fluffy lists, how many points you want to start playing ( I Suggest 1000)...

For 1000 points, my list was:

King on dragon zombie (summons varghulf)
Crypt haunter courtier (general, summons 2 units of 10 ghouls with the Majestic horror trait)
6 horrors
10 ghouls

Edited by Glaurung
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Glaurung said:

Welcome to the Council of the Kings!
So, I need to ask you if you want to play competitive or more fluffy lists, how many points you want to start playing ( I Suggest 1000)...

For 1000 points, my list was:

King on dragon zombie (summons varghulf)
Crypt haunter courtier (general, summons 2 units of 10 ghouls with the Majestic horror trait)
6 horrors
10 ghouls

Awesome, thanks. In all fairness; i havent played a single game of AoS yet. Just started again after WFB. So at this point i just want to learn the game and use the undead armies. Is your army suggestion also valid for that purpose? 

That army is pretty simple to use and has everything fun and useful. Furthermore, it uses only pieces you already have.

My tip is starting the game summoning the Varghulf. That hero is quite good, in that he brings back horrors and ghouls and is not weak in close combat. Then you can summon the ghouls to take objectives behind enemy lines or at the edges.
Remember to check the warscrolls on the AoS official app, as they are different from the ones in the boon.

21 hours ago, Saikological said:

What would be a nice playlist with these models? 

@Glaurung best choice for your model range and will dump you right into all the special rules and synergies...

prepare to get smashed a couple of times, FEC is not as forgiving as LoN skellis. 

You could also try out fielding the dragon as a terrorgheist and call in some flayers for a fast elite list, but that’s not as powerful. 

So, start with glaurungs list, then tweak a bit here and there, see what fits your playstyle and opponents and ... ride out proud protector of the realms, unspeakable evils are waiting to be vanquished!!!

Make Summoning great again!!!

Question with that is always what, when and where...you can pull off some neat tricks, supporting your outflanking ghoul patrol with a varghulf (GW is probably selling them in buckets this edition) or your  King on gheist summons 2x3 flayer (majestic horror trait) and your GkoZd summons the varghulf for them.

2x10 ghouls from the board edge can always be a pain, for objective grabbing (falling star scenario, empty homebase or such things).

Don’t see a lot potential in the royal family spam, but maybe if you have all the command points

Edited by Honk