AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

Yep, like you said before depends on what you’re fielding and what you’re up against...

And yes, in melee and even his bad breath attack he is more reliable and consistent in output, but the maw!!! The maaaw!!! Ever since I double munshed a treelord defying me with 2+rr1 armor save, statistics mean nothing to me ;-D

• Like 1

What you think about this Armylist ?

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
- Artefact : Blood River Chalice
Crypt Infernal Courtier (140)
- General
- Command Trait : Magestic Horror
- Artefact : Splintervane Broach
UNITS
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)
BEHEMOTHS
Terrorgheist (300)
Terrorgheist (300)
Zombie Dragon (300)
BATTALIONS
Royal Menagerie (140)
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Diablo said:

Fluff wise very funny, competitive wise very tricky...

and over 2k...

400+140=540

160*3.     = 480         1020

3*300      = 900

B:RM        =140          1040    2060

and you might as well give the infernal dark wizardry, he has no summon CA.

what if you drop one tg and the battalion (300+140=440) and get all the beasties mounted (440-100-140= +200)...

then up on flayersquat to 6 (200-140=60)

then make a legal list... -60 ??

2k...

(https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/)

Edited by Honk

54 minutes ago, Honk said:

Fluff wise very funny, competitive wise very tricky...

and over 2k... 

400+140=540

160*3.     = 480         1020

3*300      = 900

B:RM        =140          1040    2060

and you might as well give the infernal dark wizardry, he has no summon CA.

what if you drop one tg and the battalion (300+140=440) and get all the beasties mounted (440-100-140= +200)...

then up on flayersquat to 6 (200-140=60)

then make a legal list... -60 ??

2k...

(https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/)

over 2k point is no problem for us, my  mate  can for the 60 points take a another unite or spell, we often play with a difference of about 20-100 points.

dark wizardry can i give only the general and i must make the Crypt Infernal Courtier  to the general so that the flayers become battlelines,  In addition, the Crypt Infernal Courtier gets the ability to summon ghouls (from the Abhorrant Ghoul King ).

you mean 4x Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist/Zombie Dragon ?

I find the Royal Menagerie useful because of +6 "movement and additional healing

42 minutes ago, Diablo said:

In addition, the Crypt Infernal Courtier gets the ability to summon ghouls (from the Abhorrant Ghoul King ).

Yes, I forgot... good Point aaaand good strategy for objectives, got me there ?

no, I meant 2xgkotg and 1x gkozd or vice versa... they heal d3 per round and have neat spells.

if nobody cares about 60 points ? cogs ?

Edited by Honk

6 hours ago, Diablo said:

- General
UNITS
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)
BEHEMOTHS
Terrorgheist (300)
Terrorgheist (300)
Zombie Dragon (300)
BATTALIONS
Royal Menagerie (140)

I am not a fan of the Crypt Infernal Courtier as a general unless you are running Deathwatch.  If you just make the Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist your general with MH you get two units of 3x Flayers for free. Just seems so much more efficient.  Then taking out the other unit of Flayers and Infernal Courtier you have 620 to play with. Of course you need 300 for battleline Ghouls but that still give you some room to play with. 

I love the fluff of your list but I think there are more streamlined ways to run the core of the list.

1 hour ago, TheWilddog said:

I love the fluff of your list but I think there are more streamlined ways to run the core of the list. 

thx, and sure another units are maybe better, but i think the ghouls/horrors are to slow, and then must my dragons fight alone, so this is why i use flayers, i think dragons are fast and need fast units for support.

1 hour ago, Honk said:

no, I meant 2xgkotg and 1x gkozd or vice versa... they heal d3 per round and have neat spells. 

i

ah okay, i can try it.

1 hour ago, Diablo said:

okay, i can try it

Classic monster mash, but with flayer spam... your list is cool, very elite with strong units.

the Kings on their mounts can summon in a bunch of stuff (varghulf and 2x flayer or vv), the feeding frenzy from the dragonlord turns your melee mob to 11, the gheistlord can grant the extra 5+ save and all the big baddies can regen. So if one takes pressure and you’re able to retreat to objective duties, 2 rounds later he might be good for a final suicide charge.

really need to focus on your objective game though. Summon in ghouls to secure points and flappflapp up the flayers to bind the enemy. Called in varghulf can resummon all your stuff

Thought folks may be interested; I am getting roped into an impromptu GT this weekend and going to the Michigan GT. I wasn't planning on doing another event until Da Boyz so my other 2.0 lists aren't ready yet. With that being the case I'll be taking my FEC NOVA list again. Not sure what the missions are so it'll be interesting lol. One constant remains; I am sure I will fight Nagash all weekend ?.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Honk said:

Classic monster mash, but with flayer spam... your list is cool, very elite with strong units.

the Kings on their mounts can summon in a bunch of stuff (varghulf and 2x flayer or vv), the feeding frenzy from the dragonlord turns your melee mob to 11, the gheistlord can grant the extra 5+ save and all the big baddies can regen. So if one takes pressure and you’re able to retreat to objective duties, 2 rounds later he might be good for a final suicide charge.

really need to focus on your objective game though. Summon in ghouls to secure points and flappflapp up the flayers to bind the enemy. Called in varghulf can resummon all your stuff 

Nice, thx for your Tipps ;)

But not all big Baddies can regen, only the TH can regen, and the ZD only with the Battalion.

6 hours ago, Bill_S said:

I'll be taking my FEC NOVA list again.

What? I though it was only for... and totally garbage elsewhere?!

so now you really have to  Sun-Tzu it.

Best of luck, Maw them down!!! 

and curse of year Nagash...

Edited by Honk
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Diablo said:

But not all big Baddies can regen,

Every Abhorrent Ghoulking regenerates d3 wounds during your herophase, that’s why sitting him on a gheist or dragon not only keeps the monster alive, but in case of the terrorgheist also saves 40 points...

all three warscrolls state that under the royal blood ability 

So, I'll admit that the splitting up of Vampire Counts has left me at a bit of a loss. I own quite a bit of Ghoul stuff, but it was intended to work with my skeletons and vampires - not on its own. 

Anyway, I'm wondering if I have enough Ghoul stuff for a viable Flesh Eater Courts army. Currently I own:

- 1 Ghoul King (converted to have wings)
- 1 Varghulf
- 9 Crypt Horrors
- ~50 Ghouls
- 1 Terrorgheist

Can I make a decent army out of that?

1 hour ago, Honk said:

Every Abhorrent Ghoulking regenerates d3 wounds during your herophase, that’s why sitting him on a gheist or dragon not only keeps the monster alive, but in case of the terrorgheist also saves 40 points...

all three warscrolls state that under the royal blood ability 

AAAH okay now i have see it, i allways think only Abhorrent Ghoulking and Abhorrent Ghoulking on TG can regen

Edited by Diablo
  • Like 1

so my new armylist:

- General
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (440)
UNITS
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)
BATTALIONS
Deadwatch (170)
TOTAL: 2030/2000

Note:
i give my AGK on ZD the Blood River Chalice Artefact for longer live, TG can faster die then when he die he makes BOOM and maybe can the TG some units.
the rest of my tactics are the same: try attacking the opponent first, 
try to conquer points quickly,
BATTALION  i use now the Deadwatch  for the extra attack in the herophase.

17 minutes ago, Vipoid said:

Sure... might think about buying an extra Starting Box in the future.

30/10/10 ghouls, capturing objectives and the big one for area denial and the big grind.

that gets you victory points for the win and prevents your opponent from doing so.

then 9 horrors in a tag team with varghulf and the king...hard hitting unit to punch the enemy in the face. King buffs, varghulf calls back slain models.

terrorgheist goes rampaging, classic distraction carnifex style.

300+100+100 =500 ghouls 

160+160+160=480 horrors

140+160            =300 King +varg

300 Tg

1580 points, maybe delete one horror unit for 1420, then get ghoul  1500...

then get a few games in, decide what you like, try combining king+gheist to see them perform. 

32 minutes ago, Vipoid said:

So, I'll admit that the splitting up of Vampire Counts has left me at a bit of a loss. I own quite a bit of Ghoul stuff, but it was intended to work with my skeletons and vampires - not on its own. 

Anyway, I'm wondering if I have enough Ghoul stuff for a viable Flesh Eater Courts army. Currently I own:

- 1 Ghoul King (converted to have wings)
- 1 Varghulf
- 9 Crypt Horrors
- ~50 Ghouls
- 1 Terrorgheist

That would be solid for 1000-1250 pts games, but not really enough for 2000 as you will lack units to summon, if you decide to play FEC - get one Start Collecting and one Skirmish box (don't recall it's proper name, but thats 20 ghouls and 3 horrors/flayers) also second Varghulf would be nice to get.
And you can also play with mixed Death and therefore include all the stuff you own/like and even get some synergies from it (like +1 attack from Vampire Lord's CA)

Edited by XReN

9 minutes ago, Diablo said:

so my new armylist:

Not very nice... if the flayers get into combat and you a double turn, your not going to make new friends. All the summoning will really drain your CP, tricky for bravery and charges. 

Sooo tricky but doable, if s/he charges your flayers and gets a double your just toast. 3 flayers are 12hp with 5+\6+ almost nothing

4 minutes ago, Vipoid said:

So FEC actually works okay with just a foot Ghoul King?

Depends... he is a good small supportive hero for FEC. Black hunger spell is good, rerolling failed to hit for horrors is great (a group of 3 has 10 attacks on 4+ that’s 5 hits. Rerolling failed should give 2.5 on top of that)...

CA 10 ghouls from board edge also quite nice to speedbump or flank protection.

of course a gkotg or gkozd is „better“ pointswise, and give the same bonus for horrors/ghouls...

but at lower point games I really had fun with a king/courtier/horror squadron of gravestone to the face and such a squad will definitely also perform as part of a larger force if the points (620) are available 

On 10/11/2018 at 12:39 PM, Honk said:

Not very nice... if the flayers get into combat and you a double turn, your not going to make new friends. All the summoning will really drain your CP, tricky for bravery and charges. 

Sooo tricky but doable, if s/he charges your flayers and gets a double your just toast. 3 flayers are 12hp with 5+\6+ almost nothing

ehm, why is the list now bad ? First you tell me that I should put the kings on the dragons, because of regeneration and more units that I can summon , And now you say that's not good?  I'm confused  ;D

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Diablo said:

I'm confused  ;D

Good start...

your list is not nice (friendly), but  imo pretty strong and competitive. 

I like it and even if your opponent is able to counter properly, the game still will be fun. The only reservations, but that can’t be helped, are the min squat flayers... but that’s just the way it is. Maybe drop the battalion to crank up one unit, but on the other hand you need the CP... with the summoning, you can attack from all the angles and really go into board control, even if your modelcount is super low.

MAIM!KILL!BURN!

Edited by Honk
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Honk said:

Good start...

your list is not nice (friendly), but  imo pretty strong and competitive. 

I like it and even if your opponent is able to counter properly, the game still will be fun. The only reservations, but that can’t be helped, are the min squat flayers... but that’s just the way it is. Maybe drop the battalion to crank up one unit, but on the other hand you need the CP... with the summoning, you can attack from all the angles and really go into board control, even if your modelcount is super low. 

MAIM!KILL!BURN!

okay ;)

yesterday I played with my seraphon army against the slaanesh and in the first round are  all my 80 saurus warriors were killed,  so I have big doubts that I have a chance with my FEC list  :(