AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

At 1k I usually go for a „pure“ horror list...

A283FDF4-7241-43D4-91C0-AFEA3FE7698C.jpeg

At that level, there is little that can withstand a charge from 6 horrors with black hunger and a king nearby...

ghast goes with the summoned ghouls to one flank, the other horrors to another. Straightforward into your face, with courtier and varghulf keeping them in play (~4 regaining), so if you get more than 16 wounds per round into that unit things get messy...

Your list is pretty cool too, but that ZD really has to work, for the ghouls to secure objectives. As artifact I would recommend the chalice for max healing, since he will get the heat. So just play it and see how it works, kinda depends on your opponents too ??

And: NO DOUBLETURN!!!

Edited by Honk
  • Thanks 1

like Honks list

thinking ghoul patrol could be an option, too ;)

11gp10.jpg.7d6be3b71c91b4306175aa094e94355f.jpg

head start with 2x artefacts, 2x CP, 2x Varghulf and 3d6 ghoul unit reinforcement (every turn).

sure, ghoul units are weak till they reach 20, but your opponent will probably fixate on killing the 3 couriters and the dragon, so your ghoul units should rise above 20 ;)

Edited by Fluttershy
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Fluttershy said:

thinking ghoul patrol could be an option, too

the likeage goes right back!

ghoul patrol at 1k starts weak, but every round the ghouls survive, they gain killing power...

and maybe with the chalice and a bit of careful play you can keep your king alive till turn three and you opponent busy chasing him ( by then your ghouls should be going strong 10+3+4+3...)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Furious Robert said:

I can't look beyond

Maybe sneak in a Dragon... while your general summons 2x3 H/F he could bring in a much needed regaining hero (varghulf)

otherwise the list looks brutal, depending if the ghouls can do the work aka holding objectives... surely got target saturation ;-D

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Honk said:

Maybe sneak in a Dragon... while your general summons 2x3 H/F he could bring in a much needed regaining hero (varghulf)

I'd love a dragon in that list. The shooting attack is very good. Only a roll of a 2 misses a single hero. Great at snipping. Problem is that Ghouls are 100. Our cheapest battleline. Just about get 2 GKoTg and 2 units. But I think it is a strong as it gets. Not many other factions can summon 420 points in a 1,000 game.

• Like 1

I'd try:

King on dragon, with chalice
Infernal courtier, with dark wizardry
10 ghoul
6 Flayers

Fast and punchy. Flayers on the charge can decimate almost every unit, if they have black unger or feeding frenzy on them.
You cn fly, move them wher eyou want and charge where you want.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glaurung said:

I'd try:

King on dragon, with chalice
Infernal courtier, with dark wizardry
10 ghoul
6 Flayers

Fast and punchy. Flayers on the charge can decimate almost every unit, if they have black unger or feeding frenzy on them.
You cn fly, move them wher eyou want and charge where you want.

missing second battleline :(

overlooked your infernal general, sry

Edited by Fluttershy

7 hours ago, JCar09 said:

i dont like mass ghouls units,

Triple 30 ghouls with 2 ghasts and a king... 1200 points of fun and will hold on to objectives like bubblegum under your sneakers

or 40/10/10 with ghoul patrol for 1180

that leaves you with 800 points for double GkoTg, who could summon in 3 units of elites.

ooor GkoZd with 6 horrors, summoning in two varghulf (with the patrol even an extra CP)

and as usual, the way I play FEC...

ghouls hold objectives, the rest is smoke and mirrors

Edited by Honk
  • Like 1

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Delusion: Crusading Army
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Trait: Magestic Horror 
- Artefact: Blood River Chalice 
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak 
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)

Battleline
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Units
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (180)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 114

thats my list, destroying people with it. your welcome
turn 1 double varghulf summon and 3 flayers next to them to wreck backline stuff(if needed) and give the varghulf look out sir rule, if not jut summon them with your main army use the ZD to give them reroll hits AND wounds and let them just cause havoc bringing literally everything back to life.

crusading army to re roll charges
doppleganger cloak to do some dirty tricks with the TG making him invincible in melee
chalice to give my ZD 2-9  wound regen in one turn (including his D3)

2 units of 20 so that it is easy to keep the +1 attack buff with ghoul patrol giving them over starting size. 

1 unit of 10 to hold back objective and progessivley grow with ghoul patrol 

2 ghast courtiers to get all your ghouls back to full every turn (with the varghulfs and ghoul patrol) 

if your units are full strenght just ghoul patrol them, if they are weakened them use your courtiers first in hero phase to replenish them back to full then ghoul patroll after that in hero phase to boost starting size even more

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, KTHXBYE said:

doppleganger cloak to do some dirty tricks with the TG making him invincible in melee

invincible? keepin' track on 2 (unit of yours) on 1 (enemy unit) situations so he can't be attacked? otherwise he would still be attackable after he attacked!? or did i miss something?

I think it is just fluff and a nice bonus firework if it goes of.

after destroying an enemy unit it triggers on a 6+ so more or less once a game if you table your opponent.

And while it triggers for a second pile in and attack there needs to be a second unit for the attacks.

so yeah, might be interesting for a deadwatch who charge in wide and start murdering..., but nothing to write home about

• Like 1