Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RuneBrush

AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

Recommended Posts

On 5/9/2020 at 4:45 AM, Malakithe said:

Oh yeah...people on FB are saying Vampires but that looks way more FEC. Although they dont typically use weapons...

Together with the flute from yesterday, I‘m still hoping for vampire coast within a whole fleshed out Soulblight book... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Honk said:

Together with the flute from yesterday, I‘m still hoping for vampire coast within a whole fleshed out Soulblight book... 

I like the idea from Warhammer Weekly of a Orc Warclans-type book, with two completely separate armies...:

  • Neferata leading an elegant army of Vampires (i.e. new Blood Knights, etc.).
  • Mannfred leading the random Death rabble that is left over from LoN (i.e. zombies, deathrattle, etc.).
  • LOVE IT! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the whole Necroquake thingy has shaken up the Death armies pretty good. The only ones kinda untouched (Ruleswise) are FEC.
But nighthaunt got their roster ripped, when most of them were able to play in LoN, still can’t figure out what the Legion of Grief was supposed to be and the same goes for Soulblight. Why bother taking VampKnights, when reapers are cheaper and better, so you play LoB instead.

then Bonereapers give Nagash a pointhike and kinda ****** up morghast...

After a solid Books for AoS 2.0 LoN (except Sb), Nh (even if a bit weak) and FEC, there were a lot of things with a rushed and afterthought feel to them.

how to tie them up again might be a good question for the next GA Death book in 2022 🙈😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2020 at 11:52 AM, Tropical Ghost General said:

This only applies when the unit is written in bold type. The royal family battalion clearly states that the 2-6 regular ghoul Kings and is not written in bold type. (See attached pic from Khorne book as reference. )

Screenshot_20200429_094733.jpg

Keywords are written in bold, not titles, look at GKoZD and GKoTG warscrolls carefully and read the rule I highlighted on screenshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, I'm back to looking at FEC lists with a goal of assembling a competitive (but not "tournament winning" 5-0 style) list.

I have 3 options I'm broadly considering, would love some input on them.

Feast Day Royal Mordants:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
- General
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
Varghulf Courtier (160)
30 x Crypt Ghouls (300)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
3 x Crypt Horrors (130)
Royal Mordants (120)
Chalice of Ushoran (50)
Cadaverous Barricade (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 115

Feast Day Mannfred:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day
Mannfred, Mortarch of Night (340)
- Allies
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
- General
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
Extra Command Point (50)
Chalice of Ushoran (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 340 / 400
Wounds: 116

Blisterskin Deadwatch:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Blisterskin
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
- General
Crypt Infernal Courtier (120)
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
3 x Crypt Flayers (170)
3 x Crypt Flayers (170)
Royal Terrorgheist (300)
Deadwatch (110)
Chronomantic Cogs (80)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 89

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, XcaliburNick said:

some input

I would rate them No.1, No.3, then No.2...

First one looks pretty bread and butter to me and with the battalion also kinda fast. Number three is extremely fast, but I don’t think you’ll have enough bodies to back that up.

number two I almost like best and then manny ruins it for me. Don’t think he is worth his points

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would pick No. 3 "Blisterskin / Deadwatch" because the Flayers are an absolut wrecking ball with their mortals.

But I would kick the Ghoul King on Terrorgheist out for a second Archregent and a Varghulf Courtier, it's much more flexible with those summons from the two Archregents. Because of the already heightened movement through the Blisterskin Grand Court, I would also remove the Cogs, I play a similar setup and got never a problem reaching any point on the battlefield...

Furthermore I would kick out the Royal Terrorgheist and replace it with a sponge of Ghouls... better for objective holding and softening up heavy weights from your opponent.

 

I think the first list lacks ghouls, I would play that list with 3x 40 Ghouls and drown the enemy in the sheer masses of bodys. But take each Ghoul-line only with a Crypt Ghast Courtier behind them, buffing them.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 12:50 PM, Honk said:

I would rate them No.1, No.3, then No.2...

First one looks pretty bread and butter to me and with the battalion also kinda fast. Number three is extremely fast, but I don’t think you’ll have enough bodies to back that up.

number two I almost like best and then manny ruins it for me. Don’t think he is worth his points

Thanks! I love the idea of using Mannfred, but I recognize he's not super great for his points. My alternate here would be a. Royal Terrorgheist and the Cadaverous Barricade and I also quite like this list (it's similar to List 1 but without the Mordants+Horrors and I don't know if the battalion is worth the cost).

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AR605 said:

I would pick No. 3 "Blisterskin / Deadwatch" because the Flayers are an absolut wrecking ball with their mortals.

But I would kick the Ghoul King on Terrorgheist out for a second Archregent and a Varghulf Courtier, it's much more flexible with those summons from the two Archregents. Because of the already heightened movement through the Blisterskin Grand Court, I would also remove the Cogs, I play a similar setup and got never a problem reaching any point on the battlefield...

Furthermore I would kick out the Royal Terrorgheist and replace it with a sponge of Ghouls... better for objective holding and softening up heavy weights from your opponent.

 

I think the first list lacks ghouls, I would play that list with 3x 40 Ghouls and drown the enemy in the sheer masses of bodys. But take each Ghoul-line only with a Crypt Ghast Courtier behind them, buffing them.

You clearly a Ghoul fan :) I've heard conflicting things about them from players. Some people don't think they're worth it in big blocks, but I like having a single big block of 40. I would love to put 120 on the board and drown the world in ghouls, but I don't have the patience to build and paint that many. 80 (40+2x10 and then 20 for summoning) is plenty for me.

Likewise with the Archregent, I don't have another model but that is definitely a good choice! Thanks very much for the advice.

If I dropped the Royal Terrorgheist from the Deadwatch list and Cogs, I can put a single unit of 40 ghouls in like you suggested, and replace the second CP with a Chalice endless spell to support the ghouls. Then the Archregent can summon in either a 20 ghoul block or a Vargheist.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, XcaliburNick said:

love the idea of using Mannfred, but I recognize he's not super great for his points

I used him to great effect in a Soulblight List. You might as well try it out, but you’ll have to fight for him. In a cut-throat meta it might be very tricky to use him effectively 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Honk said:

I used him to great effect in a Soulblight List. You might as well try it out, but you’ll have to fight for him. In a cut-throat meta it might be very tricky to use him effectively 

Cool, I'm going to try him out and see first then swap for a 'gheist if it doesn't work out.

  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XcaliburNick said:

If I dropped the Royal Terrorgheist from the Deadwatch list and Cogs, I can put a single unit of 40 ghouls in like you suggested, and replace the second CP with a Chalice endless spell to support the ghouls. Then the Archregent can summon in either a 20 ghoul block or a Vargheist.

That's the trick 😉 a flexible list to react on anything your opponent could do.

As a FEC player we can really flex our unit picks quite often, because there are not many models in the whole range. If a strategy against a certain army type fails, regroup and charge back into the fight with a complete new list.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So, A guy not to far away is selling his FEC, and I am thinking about picking it up as a second army (I play competitive DOK since I started last May)

We don’t have a fec player in the local scene, and not many at nearby tournaments (same with DOK lol) So it will be fun to play another competitive army that’s an aggressive playstyle.

Hes selling for 450 Cad (so I think it’s a pretty good deal? So can add a few more pieces if needed)

Archregent On foot
Varghulf Courter
3 Crypt Horrors
2 Crypt Haunter Courtiers
9 Crypt flayers
2 Crypt Infernal Courtiers
3 NOS flayers/haunters
20 crypt ghouls
30 NOS Crypt Ghouls/Crypt Ghast courtier
1 Terrorgeist (SC Kit)
1 NOS Zombie Dragon with Ghoul King bits (missing the vampire lord bits and terrorgeist head)
1 Complete NOS Terrorgeist/Zombie Dragon
1 set FEC Endless spells, various states of primed to painted
1 Basecoated Charnel Throne
1 FEC Battletome in great condition

I was looking at playing something flying and aggressive, so looked at:

Abhorrant Archregent on foot (General, maybe Hellish Orator and Deranged transformation)
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (maybe The Grim Garland, Spectral host and gruesome bite)
Crypt Infernal Courtier
6 x Crypt Flayers
3 x Crypt Flayers
3 x Crypt Flayers
DeadWatch
Chalice of Ushoran
Extra Command Point
Charnel Throne

This gives me around 1670pts with 330 to play with. Does the crypt infernal have to be general for the flayers to be battleline? As in a rule I read it says they do, but with the app it says valid with archregent as general.

Also not sure between Court of Delusion: The Feast Day or Blisterkin. Blisterkin gives you’re the extra movement and the eye of hysh, but having free command point every turn seems too great to pass up.

Anyway, total noob when it comes to fec so please feel free to comment/advise


 

Edited by Chumphammer
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

I was looking at playing something flying and aggressive, so looked at:

Abhorrant Archregent on foot (General, maybe Hellish Orator and Deranged transformation)
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (maybe The Grim Garland, Spectral host and gruesome bite)
Crypt Infernal Courtier
6 x Crypt Flayers
3 x Crypt Flayers
3 x Crypt Flayers
DeadWatch
Chalice of Ushoran
Extra Command Point
Charnel Throne

This gives me around 1670 to play with. Does the crypt infernal have to be general for the flayers to be battleline? As in a rule I read it says they do, but with the app it says valid with archregent as general.

With this army you want to go Blisterskin Grand Court for the extra movement and only in that Grand Court your Flayers become battleline. The Crypt Infernal Courtier is mandatory for the Deadwatch Battalion, so keep it in the army... but sort out the Chalice of Ushoran (only helpful for Ghouls). 

I haven't looked up the total amount of points in that specific army, but the rest of the compositition looks good...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chumphammer said:


Anyway, total noob when it comes to fec so please feel free to comment/advise

 

Both the Infernal Courtier and the Blisterskin court will unlock Flayers as Battleline.  And going all in on Flayers is definitely a build.  Having said that, I like to have a couple of units of Ghouls around just to babysit back field objectives.  But Feastday is pretty sweet.  It's a decent collection, depending on the price.  Basically, you're 80% of where ever you would want to go and just need to figure out the last 20%.  

FEC is pretty even I have found.  There's lots of builds you can do and they're all pretty good.  Yes, there are some that are better than others but it's not like you'll be embarrassed taking anything out for a spin.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2020 at 12:54 PM, XcaliburNick said:

You clearly a Ghoul fan :) I've heard conflicting things about them from players. Some people don't think they're worth it in big blocks, but I like having a single big block of 40. I would love to put 120 on the board and drown the world in ghouls, but I don't have the patience to build and paint that many. 

Has anyone tried this?

I was going to go all in on Ghoul regen @ 1K for a Team event for Acon but we all know how that turned out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Deadkitten said:

Both the Infernal Courtier and the Blisterskin court will unlock Flayers as Battleline.  And going all in on Flayers is definitely a build.  Having said that, I like to have a couple of units of Ghouls around just to babysit back field objectives.  But Feastday is pretty sweet.  It's a decent collection, depending on the price.  Basically, you're 80% of where ever you would want to go and just need to figure out the last 20%.  

FEC is pretty even I have found.  There's lots of builds you can do and they're all pretty good.  Yes, there are some that are better than others but it's not like you'll be embarrassed taking anything out for a spin.   

Its 450 Canadian (so 325 US)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, AR605 said:

With this army you want to go Blisterskin Grand Court for the extra movement and only in that Grand Court your Flayers become battleline. The Crypt Infernal Courtier is mandatory for the Deadwatch Battalion, so keep it in the army... but sort out the Chalice of Ushoran (only helpful for Ghouls). 

I haven't looked up the total amount of points in that specific army, but the rest of the compositition looks good...

Doesnt the chalice bring Knights back also?

Without the chalice, its 380pts free to spend. More Battleline fliers? or stick in a 4th lord choice 

What about Mortis engine support?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chumphammer said:

Doesnt the chalice bring Knights back also?

Without the chalice, its 380pts free to spend. More Battleline fliers? or stick in a 4th lord choice 

What about Mortis engine support?

 

The Chalice only heals knights, they bring back units with a wound characteristic of 1, so in combination with a Crypt Ghast Courtier it's pretty neat for Ghouls.

As @Deadkitten mentioned, I would also take a unit of ghouls with you, just to hold an objective.

The Mortis Engine is good for wizards (Archregent and Ghoul King), but in my eyes it takes too many points away. Therefore I play a list with two Archregents (one is the general, the other the caster with dermal robe artifact), which gives you high strategic flexibility with your summons (Archregent can summon 1 Courtier or 3 Knights or 20 Serfs). That flexibity combined with it's normal spell (Ferocious Hunger +D3 attacks, stacks) on a Flayer Unit and nearly everything in it's way is dead (especially with Feeding Frenzy).

  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My usual list is

Feast Day

archregent, GkoTg, Infernal (general) and a varghulf,

then 2x6 flayer, 20 ghouls with an extra Command point. 
that‘s 1970 for a triumph, pretty fast, good regeneration with free   Feasting.

the infernal gets to be an extra wizzard (dark acolyte). Fast and sturdy, with double Hunger flayer wrecking everything to death.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

     See above 🤗

Edited by Honk
Double post like a pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

Doesnt the chalice bring Knights back also?

Without the chalice, its 380pts free to spend. More Battleline fliers? or stick in a 4th lord choice 

What about Mortis engine support?

 

Personally, I prefer Feastday bc it doesn't lock you into an artifact and Trait the way that Blisterskin does.  I then go with the +2 casting bonus combo (I've never been a big fan of allies.)  The Chalice is oh so good w Ghouls.  I stop just short of calling it an auto include but you only need that 1 block of 30-40 Ghouls for it to be really really good.    If you're going all in all Flayers then it does start to lose some of it's luster. 

I think you want three hammers in aggressive FEC builds.  That's either all Flayers or a couple of Flayer units + a Monster of your choice, typically a GKoTD.  As an aside, the Zombie Dragon definitely has it's place in putting together a summoning package.  Summoning is so integral to FEC that you def want to think about it in terms of list building.

Again, personally, I like a bit of a more mid-rangey build, but we're still talking FEC so their mid-range still ends up being pretty aggressive.  The Arch-regent's +D3 Attacks Spell on a 40 block of Ghouls, buffed w a Chalice, in Feastday, on an objective will ruin someone's day.  But so will 27 Flayers in your line T1.  

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Honk said:

My usual list is

Feast Day

archregent, GkoTg, Infernal (general) and a varghulf,

then 2x6 flayer, 20 ghouls with an extra Command point. 
that‘s 1970 for a triumph, pretty fast, good regeneration with free   Feasting.

the infernal gets to be an extra wizzard (dark acolyte). Fast and sturdy, with double Hunger flayer wrecking everything to death.

@Honk 

What did you do Ray?

4 Posts!

Edited by Deadkitten
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deadkitten said:

@Honk 

What did you do Ray?

 

Ray?!? 

 I superbuff one unit of flayers with the regent and the infernal and launch them at something jucy. Then they wreck stuff and kinda die, Same goes for the gkotg. but the ghouls and other flayers with infernal and varghulf grab objectives and the regent Summons as needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Honk said:

Ray?!? 

 I superbuff one unit of flayers with the regent and the infernal and launch them at something jucy. Then they wreck stuff and kinda die, Same goes for the gkotg. but the ghouls and other flayers with infernal and varghulf grab objectives and the regent Summons as needed

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HFkhxuZJQEE6F6o/giphy.gif

Hmmm...   Not according to paln.

 

Edited by Deadkitten
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...