AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

16 hours ago, Rassnik said:

Ok , I will stick to Blisterskin . Tell me - is it worth to trade 10 ghouls for Crypt Haunter ?

I think it's worth to either take even amount of both types of KNIGHTS and take Infernal Courtier or invest in only one, bigger unit, taking their Courtier and leaving the other unit min-sized. 

I wouldn't trade 10 ghouls because you need something to screen with and if it survives - sit on the objectives, but you can try. YOu can also try swaping Terrorgheist for Zombie Dragon because it's spell buffs your KNIGHTS and you can summon a courtier, instead of buying it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bobdog132 said:

Does anyone run Arkhan with their FEC?  I am considering this list as Blisterskin

Arkahn

2x AGoTK

Abhorrant Archregent

3x3 Crypt Flayers

1 CP

Use the 2 AGoTK to summon more flayers and the Abhorrant Archregent to summon a Varghulf.  Then hope I have the staying power to last the match.  Any ideas or similar builds?

I used Arkhan before our new tome because our casters sucked back then and he could cast their spells and was cheap, now arch-regent with +2 to all magic rolls is much better.

"Staying power" of min-sized FEC units doesn't exist, you should always expect them to die before they get a chance to muster new models. 

If you are considering using more than one Flayer unit - go bigger size and Deadwatch, if you want 2-3TGs go Gristlegore or Feast Day. I usually only summon in my Flayers and Horrors if I play 2 monsters because I like having 40-10-10 ghouls with Chalice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XReN said:

I think it's worth to either take even amount of both types of KNIGHTS and take Infernal Courtier or invest in only one, bigger unit, taking their Courtier and leaving the other unit min-sized. 

I will stay with 9 Horrors and 6 Flyers .

It gave me chance to bring them back many times.

Edited by Rassnik

8 hours ago, XReN said:

I used Arkhan before our new tome because our casters sucked back then and he could cast their spells and was cheap, now arch-regent with +2 to all magic rolls is much better.

"Staying power" of min-sized FEC units doesn't exist, you should always expect them to die before they get a chance to muster new models. 

If you are considering using more than one Flayer unit - go bigger size and Deadwatch, if you want 2-3TGs go Gristlegore or Feast Day. I usually only summon in my Flayers and Horrors if I play 2 monsters because I like having 40-10-10 ghouls with Chalice.

Kind of what I was thinking of, but wanted to bounce it off people with more experience then what I have with FEC.  Appreciate the reply.

Hey all! New here and new to Sigmar/FEC. A fair greeting to all you noblefolk!

Ive been doing a lot of research, and this thread has been a godsend when trying to figure out different list builds. So far the list I’m going to build towards is based off the recently posted one, that did well in a tourney (the 4-1 one). I have no clue how to make a spoiler tag and organize the list like others do but here goes:

Court of Delusion: The Feast Day
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (gruesome bite, blood feast, Doppelgänger’s cloak) (420)

Abhorrent Archregent (Dark Wizardry, the Dermal Robe, spectral host) (240)

Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)

2x10 crypt ghouls (200)

10 crypt ghouls (100)

10 crypt ghouls (100)

2x3 Crypt Horrors (260)

2x3 Crypt Horrors (260)

Attendants at Court (110)

extra command point (50)

realm: Ulgu

Chalice of Ushoran (50)

Corpsemare stampede. (70)

(Pretty much always going to summon a Varghulf off of AAR and Flayers off the AGK)
total: 1980.

I wanted to give the Stampede a try. If I had the points I’d go for 40 ghouls, but I figured if it worked for a guy who went 4-1 it can work for me. Any tips would be appreciated.

Another thing: I really like the Charnel Throne and eventually plan on getting it for even nonfuntional scenery. But is it because of the new deployment rules that I see no one run it? It has some pretty harsh new restrictions and Im listening to the wisdom that says don’t fall for the trap (the AAR needs to be moving, casting and buffing, not sitting on a target in a corner). But even with it not being easy to deploy anywhere, it’s free, so is it still worth it for area denial in your backline or does it not actually cause enemies to have to come in further away?

Thanks all!

5 hours ago, KibaWildFang said:

Ive been doing a lot of research, and this thread has been a godsend when trying to figure out different list builds. So far the list I’m going to build towards is based off the recently posted one, that did well in a tourney (the 4-1 one). I have no clue how to make a spoiler tag and organize the list like others do but here goes:

Court of Delusion: The Feast Day
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (gruesome bite, blood feast, Doppelgänger’s cloak) (420)

Abhorrent Archregent (Dark Wizardry, the Dermal Robe, spectral host) (240)

Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)

2x10 crypt ghouls (200)

10 crypt ghouls (100)

10 crypt ghouls (100)

2x3 Crypt Horrors (260)

2x3 Crypt Horrors (260)

Attendants at Court (110)

extra command point (50)

realm: Ulgu

Chalice of Ushoran (50)

Corpsemare stampede. (70)

(Pretty much always going to summon a Varghulf off of AAR and Flayers off the AGK)
total: 1980.

I wanted to give the Stampede a try. If I had the points I’d go for 40 ghouls, but I figured if it worked for a guy who went 4-1 it can work for me. Any tips would be appreciated.

Another thing: I really like the Charnel Throne and eventually plan on getting it for even nonfuntional scenery. But is it because of the new deployment rules that I see no one run it? It has some pretty harsh new restrictions and Im listening to the wisdom that says don’t fall for the trap (the AAR needs to be moving, casting and buffing, not sitting on a target in a corner). But even with it not being easy to deploy anywhere, it’s free, so is it still worth it for area denial in your backline or does it not actually cause enemies to have to come in further away?

Thanks all!

I might be mistaken but I have no idea why someone wouldnt use it. Especialy with foot heroes you basicaly get 50 extra points for every one.

Or has something change?

6 hours ago, KibaWildFang said:

Thanks all!

That's exactly the summoning I usually do with it. Flayers come on at the opponents table edge, usually to grab an objective or tie up an undefended war machine, don't expect much killing from 3 of them though.

General tips for that list then:

Keep the courtier with one unit of horror and summon the Varghulf in to support the other so they get death saves, can feeding frenzy etc.

The AAR is the key to the army, his buff spell is a massive range (24") but more importantly as long as he's alive the Horrors are rerolling hits anywhere on the board. Keep him safe! Even if that means holding him at the back of the table out of range.

The Terrorghiest will die. This is an inescapable fact of life. Everyone will target it with whatever they can to kill it as quickly as possible. That's fine, it's there to distract people anyway. Charge it, kill something. Pop dopelganger when they counter charge. It's done it's job at that point and can freely die (though with it's spell on it is fairly tanky 4+/5++/6++)

Ghouls make a good screen. They can also sit at the back holding an objective for the whole game without moving. Unless you're heavily buffing them don't expect them to do much damage. That being said, with +3 attacks and a Abhorant nearby the big unit is quite capable of taking down even heavily armoured targets. If you're buffing them though it probably means the rest of your army is dead!

Chalice is good for supporting the GKoTG, the quantity of models he's likely to kill means plenty of chances for him to heal. It's barely useful for the horrors. Ghouls will appreciate it but again if you're buffing them things have probably gone wrong. As it isn't predatory and has a long cast range it can be fairly effective as an obstacle, especially if it's base to base with the GKoTG and can stop units piling in better to him.

Stampede is a gimmick. Sometimes it will do loads of work, sometimes it will fail...and occasionally will come back and bite you on the backside. Large base does make it quite space controlling though.

Horrors work best against lightly armoured targets/hordes but with +3  attacks each weight of dice can even bring down heavily armoured targets, they're unlikely to kill something like Nagash though, best throw your GKoTG at him.

Throne can be helpful but starting with 2CP and getting a free feeding frenzy each turn, if you're controlling whats in combat well you'll probably finish the game with excess CPs.

People will under estimate the Horrors, use that to your advantage.

Your army is pretty fragile. Don't over commit to combat, the less attacks your opponent will get to make against you the better.

47 minutes ago, Karragon said:

That's exactly the summoning I usually do with it. Flayers come on at the opponents table edge, usually to grab an objective or tie up an undefended war machine, don't expect much killing from 3 of them though.

General tips for that list then:

Keep the courtier with one unit of horror and summon the Varghulf in to support the other so they get death saves, can feeding frenzy etc.

The AAR is the key to the army, his buff spell is a massive range (24") but more importantly as long as he's alive the Horrors are rerolling hits anywhere on the board. Keep him safe! Even if that means holding him at the back of the table out of range.

The Terrorghiest will die. This is an inescapable fact of life. Everyone will target it with whatever they can to kill it as quickly as possible. That's fine, it's there to distract people anyway. Charge it, kill something. Pop dopelganger when they counter charge. It's done it's job at that point and can freely die (though with it's spell on it is fairly tanky 4+/5++/6++)

Ghouls make a good screen. They can also sit at the back holding an objective for the whole game without moving. Unless you're heavily buffing them don't expect them to do much damage. That being said, with +3 attacks and a Abhorant nearby the big unit is quite capable of taking down even heavily armoured targets. If you're buffing them though it probably means the rest of your army is dead!

Chalice is good for supporting the GKoTG, the quantity of models he's likely to kill means plenty of chances for him to heal. It's barely useful for the horrors. Ghouls will appreciate it but again if you're buffing them things have probably gone wrong. As it isn't predatory and has a long cast range it can be fairly effective as an obstacle, especially if it's base to base with the GKoTG and can stop units piling in better to him.

Stampede is a gimmick. Sometimes it will do loads of work, sometimes it will fail...and occasionally will come back and bite you on the backside. Large base does make it quite space controlling though.

Horrors work best against lightly armoured targets/hordes but with +3  attacks each weight of dice can even bring down heavily armoured targets, they're unlikely to kill something like Nagash though, best throw your GKoTG at him.

Throne can be helpful but starting with 2CP and getting a free feeding frenzy each turn, if you're controlling whats in combat well you'll probably finish the game with excess CPs.

People will under estimate the Horrors, use that to your advantage.

Your army is pretty fragile. Don't over commit to combat, the less attacks your opponent will get to make against you the better.

Thanks for the input!

Now I’m thinking of cutting Stampede in favor of a second command point and Cadaverous Barricade to round up to 2000. 
Another question: I know how important the AAR is but should I keep a unit of ghouls back with him to screen? What’s the best way to keep him protected? What’s my best way to hold objectives?

My main matchups (read: the two friends I know who play) have Stormcast and DoK respectively. How would this list handle these matchups? Or am I better off changing lists?

I am not against changing lists, however I’d really rather keep a feast day list, and I really do not want to play Gristlegore.

36 minutes ago, KibaWildFang said:

Thanks for the input!

Now I’m thinking of cutting Stampede in favor of a second command point and Cadaverous Barricade to round up to 2000. 
Another question: I know how important the AAR is but should I keep a unit of ghouls back with him to screen? What’s the best way to keep him protected? What’s my best way to hold objectives?

My main matchups (read: the two friends I know who play) have Stormcast and DoK respectively. How would this list handle these matchups? Or am I better off changing lists?

I am not against changing lists, however I’d really rather keep a feast day list, and I really do not want to play Gristlegore.

Unfortunately you can't buy a 2nd command point, limit is one since GHB 2019.

Being below 2000 gives you a chance of a triumph if you have less points than your opponent.

Yes, a unit of ghouls to baby sit the AAR, especially if it's on an objective. You can also use them to deny space for the Stormcast player to drop in so he can't get anywhere near the AAR for a charge. It's hard to know how you'll fair against Stormcast without knowing their list, if it's a full shootcast list you're probably dead, with any FEC list frankly, we're very susceptible to shooting. If it's a melee list, provided you dictate the combat's you should be able to win, kill his evocators before they get a chance to attack anything important. GKoTG scream attack will work fairly well on them as well as their bravery isn't the best.

DoK is a tough match up, their units are notoriously durable and can put out huge amounts of damage to boot, you have to pick off their characters first which is really tough for us. Witch Brew is the single most overpowered ability in the game (imo). Try taking out the units furthest from the general first, they are normally the ones with the fewest buffs (the blood shield buff thing has a fairly short range). Try and overwhelm the units with multiple units going into them, if you can tag them at both ends to stop them piling in even better. With the exception of Morathi (avoid her) they are generally quite slow. Run away and force the death star to chase you so they aren't defending their objectives.

12 minutes ago, Karragon said:

Unfortunately you can't buy a 2nd command point, limit is one since GHB 2019.

Being below 2000 gives you a chance of a triumph if you have less points than your opponent.

Yes, a unit of ghouls to baby sit the AAR, especially if it's on an objective. You can also use them to deny space for the Stormcast player to drop in so he can't get anywhere near the AAR for a charge. It's hard to know how you'll fair against Stormcast without knowing their list, if it's a full shootcast list you're probably dead, with any FEC list frankly, we're very susceptible to shooting. If it's a melee list, provided you dictate the combat's you should be able to win, kill his evocators before they get a chance to attack anything important. GKoTG scream attack will work fairly well on them as well as their bravery isn't the best.

DoK is a tough match up, their units are notoriously durable and can put out huge amounts of damage to boot, you have to pick off their characters first which is really tough for us. Witch Brew is the single most overpowered ability in the game (imo). Try taking out the units furthest from the general first, they are normally the ones with the fewest buffs (the blood shield buff thing has a fairly short range). Try and overwhelm the units with multiple units going into them, if you can tag them at both ends to stop them piling in even better. With the exception of Morathi (avoid her) they are generally quite slow. Run away and force the death star to chase you so they aren't defending their objectives.

Thank you. I will have more questions after work!

Okay I’ve been doing some thinking at work. So, the idea is take the previous list I mentioned, same battalion and all, but run it as Hollowmourne Court. That would make my horror units Battleline, which lets me run a max ghoul unit and a minimum ghoul unit, instead of 20-10-10. I’d lose access to Dark Wizardy, Feast Day and I’d be forced to use Corpsefane Gauntlet (probably on the gheist-king) and Graverobber on the Archregent (not a useful ability, but, hey, sacrifices). Also I’d be taking off the Stampede/Barricade.At this point I’m left with 3 options if I take this route:

1.) Turn the AgKoRTG into an AGKoRZD (losing out on the TG’s bite, but allowing an extra varghulf summon/open up flexibility for the AAR’s summon), and add an extra ghoul squad bringing the list just below 2000.

2.) keep the AGKoRTG (using the AAR to get the Varghulf, TG for flayers), bump up 1 squad of Horrors to 9 and be at exactly 2000.

3.) keep the AGKoRTG (summon perks included), run another ghoul squad and be left just below 2000.

That’s all, of course, if I took the Hollowmourne Grand Court over The Feast Day. Any advice on which route would get the most bang for my buck?

9 hours ago, KibaWildFang said:

Okay I’ve been doing some thinking at work. So, the idea is take the previous list I mentioned, same battalion and all, but run it as Hollowmourne Court. That would make my horror units Battleline, which lets me run a max ghoul unit and a minimum ghoul unit, instead of 20-10-10. I’d lose access to Dark Wizardy, Feast Day and I’d be forced to use Corpsefane Gauntlet (probably on the gheist-king) and Graverobber on the Archregent (not a useful ability, but, hey, sacrifices). Also I’d be taking off the Stampede/Barricade.At this point I’m left with 3 options if I take this route:

This is certainly an option but beware that Hollowmourne is probably the least competitive court out of 4 you can choose. You could make your Courtier your general, that would make horrors battleline and you could still profit from feast day and take an artifact of your choice.

9 hours ago, KibaWildFang said:

1.) Turn the AgKoRTG into an AGKoRZD (losing out on the TG’s bite, but allowing an extra varghulf summon/open up flexibility for the AAR’s summon), and add an extra ghoul squad bringing the list just below 2000.

2.) keep the AGKoRTG (using the AAR to get the Varghulf, TG for flayers), bump up 1 squad of Horrors to 9 and be at exactly 2000.

3.) keep the AGKoRTG (summon perks included), run another ghoul squad and be left just below 2000.

That’s all, of course, if I took the Hollowmourne Grand Court over The Feast Day. Any advice on which route would get the most bang for my buck?

If I had to choose between a TG and a RZD I would never trade my beloved AGKoRTG for an AGKoRZD. 

1 hour ago, SevenXes said:

This is certainly an option but beware that Hollowmourne is probably the least competitive court out of 4 you can choose. You could make your Courtier your general, that would make horrors battleline and you could still profit from feast day and take an artifact of your choice.

If I had to choose between a TG and a RZD I would never trade my beloved AGKoRTG for an AGKoRZD. 

If you make the Courtier the general then the Attendants at Court battalion doesn't work any more, it requires a AAR or AGK as the general.

@KibaWildFang I'm with SevenXes to an extent. The GKoZD is a buff piece, the GKoTG is a suicide bomb. I prefer the TG and people  fear it so pile onto it, which is its intended purpose in that list. You could run the GKoZD to buff one of the units of Horrors, but then your whole tactic for the battle has to change.

Hollowmourne is just...bad in all ways, there's nothing in it that is worth losing 10 free feeding frenzies for.

There's definitely scope for a unit of 9 horrors. That's probably the change I would make to my own list after the points changes.

16 hours ago, KibaWildFang said:

Thanks for the input!

To protect AAR hug cover and surround him with ghouls - you're set. Sometimes it can be beneficial to hide out of enemy's LOS, but it limits your own spellcasting options, but not unbinding.

Against Stormcast don't bring any horrors, they can't do ****** against stormcast's saves. Rend is your friend in this match up, as well as duo monsters, against shooting lists you can sit back, take first turn and move up a bunch of ghouls so SCE player can't teleport into good ranges of shooting, or take blisterskin, castle up around bearer of Eye of Hysh to weather the storm - then run up to him and kill everything.

Against Daugthers you need all your damage dealing units always charging, not recieving charges, so screen wisely. If he uses Morathy - bring endless spells, the damage they deal between battle rounds can't be negated by Heart of Khaine. And you can use endless spells such as Barricade to slow them down a lot.

Oh I think I made a mistake. By DoK I meant daemons of Khorne. Whoops. I was confused about a few things before now it makes sense.

In that case would it be better to bring in, say, an AGKoRZD, and summon in flayers with the TG king/AAR? I saw another list earlier. It was this:

Feast Day

AAR-Dark Wizardry, Dermal Robe, Deranged Transformation

AGKoRTG-Doppelcloak, gruesome bite, blood feast

AGKoRZD-razor clawed, miasmal shroud

Crypt Ghast Courtier

40 ghouls

10 ghouls

10 ghouls

ghoul patrol

chalice

extra cp

Added up to 2000 points total. Would I be better off building towards this? It looks like the main summons would either be Flayers/Flayers/Varghulf or Flayers/Varghulf/Varghulf. 

1 hour ago, KibaWildFang said:

Would I be better off building towards this?

I personally think, that ghoul patrol is not really a thing anymore without the additional ghouls... sure, extra cp, extra mount trait and extra artifact, but very situational and the ambush is after your first movement, so no sneak attack on turn 4 either.

for ghoul spam to little healing, to few ghouls and too little regeneration.

Summoning in a min unit of knights will never really have an impact. I have seen mine (flayers) struggling against 10 tree-things or marauders... and with a 5+ save they die pretty quickly too.

if you’re undecided , I would recommend starting with lower points games and testing out some stuff, before going all in and hating it. Ghoulspam, monster Heavy or flayers even a GkoZd-Horror murderball list is possible and all are fun and in capable hands even competitive.

Too many possibilities and variations, just try out and have fun...

2 hours ago, Honk said:

I personally think, that ghoul patrol is not really a thing anymore without the additional ghouls... sure, extra cp, extra mount trait and extra artifact, but very situational and the ambush is after your first movement, so no sneak attack on turn 4 either.

for ghoul spam to little healing, to few ghouls and too little regeneration.

Summoning in a min unit of knights will never really have an impact. I have seen mine (flayers) struggling against 10 tree-things or marauders... and with a 5+ save they die pretty quickly too.

if you’re undecided , I would recommend starting with lower points games and testing out some stuff, before going all in and hating it. Ghoulspam, monster Heavy or flayers even a GkoZd-Horror murderball list is possible and all are fun and in capable hands even competitive.

Too many possibilities and variations, just try out and have fun...

I plan on building 1000 points first, with a couple SC kits but I want to know if I should be building Horrors or Flayers out of the kits first,  to save money. Someone said horrors are useless against Stormcast, and my main three opponents are going to be Stormcast, Khorne and I think Fyreslayers. While I don’t plan on going competitive I don’t want to always be a red smear by the end of the game, which is why I’m researching so hard ha. Is the Royal Mordants battalion really worth it anymore?

hi , i am new to flesh eaters, i play mainly nurgle and chaos warriors now but i finally finished to paint my first zombie dragon and i love it so much i have in mind to build a Gristlegore list to play with

there is a difference in list building for a mix of dragons and terrorgheist or it's fine to have 2+2 without having all gheist or all  dragons?? (since i want to build/paint terrorgheists too)

archregent is a must or i can avoid it?! 

thanks for the reply

Edited by calcysimon

4 minutes ago, calcysimon said:

hi , i am new to flesh eaters, i play mainly nurgle and chaos warriors now but i finally finished to paint my first zombie dragon and i love it so much i have in mind to build a Gristlegore list to play with

there is a difference in list building for a mix of dragons and terrorgheist or it's fine to have 2+2 without having all gheist or all  dragons?? (since i want to build/paint terrorgheists too)

archregent is a must or i can avoid it?!

I'd strongly advise against building ZDs without AGK. And evenif  you take an AGKoZD one is more than enough. TGs are just way better when it comes to raw damage.

If you have the chance take the Archregent. This guy adds too much to your army to be left out.

For further information check the last pages as I feel like we've already answered the same questions multiple times. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I did even more digging, and found a recent Blisterskin Tournament list that apparently did well.

I was wondering if you veterans could clear up his choice of allies for me. Besides the Corpse Cart what do the Deadwalkers do for the list? I couldn’t find an explanation on the page, so maybe you all could give a guess? I’m curious.

D9D830DA-BF8B-468A-AD72-98A7D8FECBA1.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, KibaWildFang said:

I was wondering if you veterans could clear up his choice of allies for me.

Bill or Ben how I liked to call him is crazy good... scored top 5 even before we got our new book.

I guess it’s for bodies and the cart gives +1 to cast and also makes the zombies 3+\3+...

7 hours ago, KibaWildFang said:

Is the Royal Mordants battalion really worth it anymore?

I said „no“ three pages ago, but there were very good counter arguments...

with it you can first strike your super buffed flayers 12“+12“+charge into the enemy and beyond into his squishy parts. Or you could double move your varghulf to stay beside your charging unit to regen and Death save. Also if played right, you could do the same bs Late game to switch up flanks...

also cp, mount trait, artifact...

for me, it‘s too much tactics, but I will try to use it some day

1 hour ago, Honk said:

Bill or Ben how I liked to call him is crazy good... scored top 5 even before we got our new book.

I guess it’s for bodies and the cart gives +1 to cast and also makes the zombies 3+\3+...

I said „no“ three pages ago, but there were very good counter arguments...

with it you can first strike your super buffed flayers 12“+12“+charge into the enemy and beyond into his squishy parts. Or you could double move your varghulf to stay beside your charging unit to regen and Death save. Also if played right, you could do the same bs Late game to switch up flanks...

also cp, mount trait, artifact...

for me, it‘s too much tactics, but I will try to use it some day

Awesome, thanks! Also, when it comes to ghoul patrol lists, I looked at all the FEC tournament lists from last month and  over half of the 13 lists were based around Ghoul Patrol and 2 AGKoRTG (with obligatory AAR), and either 30-10-10 or 40-10-10 ghoul lineups. Only problem is it didn’t show what their summon choices were, but oh well. I saw a few as Feast Day and,  oddly, one as Gristlegore (actually two,  the second took 30 ghouls in one squad instead of 40, but it also took Cadaverous Barricade and a Corpse Cart on its own). My line of thinking was, if there were so many people taking them to tournaments there’s gotta be something to it.

The other interesting lists I saw were Blisterskin Royal Mordants, using 6 Flayers, 6 Flayers, 3 Horrors and 10 ghouls. One had a regular AGK and took Chalice and Horrorghast, the other took a crypt infernal courtier and Prismatic Pallisade. It sounds like fun, but I’m left at another crossroads. I guess people are taking Corpse Carts as cheaper Mortis Engines to help all the casters? Either way, if I run them Blisterskin I’ll paint/flavor them my own haha. I’ve got a colder color scheme in mind and crispy ghouls isn’t what I’m thinking of painting haha.

19 hours ago, KibaWildFang said:

Oh I think I made a mistake. By DoK I meant daemons of Khorne. Whoops. I was confused about a few things before now it makes sense.

In that case would it be better to bring in, say, an AGKoRZD, and summon in flayers with the TG king/AAR? I saw another list earlier. It was this:

Feast Day

AAR-Dark Wizardry, Dermal Robe, Deranged Transformation

AGKoRTG-Doppelcloak, gruesome bite, blood feast

AGKoRZD-razor clawed, miasmal shroud

Crypt Ghast Courtier

40 ghouls

10 ghouls

10 ghouls

ghoul patrol

chalice

extra cp

Added up to 2000 points total. Would I be better off building towards this? It looks like the main summons would either be Flayers/Flayers/Varghulf or Flayers/Varghulf/Varghulf. 

Unlike @Honk I have a lot of experience with this exact list (except slightly different spell choice) and it is great, I won 2 local tournaments with it and I can definetely reccomend it because it's strong and doesn't force you to commit to spam.

The combo of a chalice with 40 ghouls and huge damage from monsters makes your army insanely hard to kill - if opponent haven't killed something of in one go it's reset time. 

For your summoning options I reccomend Flayers/Flayers/Varghulf or Flayers/20 ghouls/Varghulf. But also start bringing Horrors once you build them, they can be great in matches against opponents with loads of low save models and with Deranged Transformation can be pretty fast, I've had a unit of summoned horrors cover about 36" by turn 3.

EDIT to not write too much smaller replies - the Corpse Cart is pretty usefull, I like it.

Edited by XReN

15 hours ago, KibaWildFang said:

Someone said horrors are useless against Stormcast, and my main three opponents are going to be Stormcast, Khorne and I think Fyreslayers.

Uh-huh. Don't bring horrors against those boys, they can lift their weight only against Khorne out of those 3.

@KibaWildFang I’ve been going through the same research / thought process you’ve been on here. I looked at LVO, CanCon, a Spanish event, Goldensprue Cup and a Texas masters. I felt like most of the ‘winning’ lists (3-0, 4-1, etc) were either Feast Day or Blisterskin. Lots of Royal Mordant and Ghoul Patrol.

I am also considering Blisterskin but with my own pale white skin + blacked/red on top if that looks cool in a test model.