AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

Yeah the ghast and varghulf only return slain models and battalion ability can take it above starting numbers. 

In your example 10 ghoul unit battalion adds 5 then some get killed. The ghast and varghulf abilities could take it back to 15 then you could stack the battalion ability again to take it plus d6 more. The courtiers only stipulation is returning slain models, once ghoul Patrol ups the unit size as far as I read it you can return to that new size. And no there’s no maximum size, 40 is the biggest you can buy but via ghoul Patrol you have a theoretical max size of 70 in a normal 5 turn game (40+5d6 all rolling 6). Of course the more turns a battleplan has the higher theoretical max size. 

23 minutes ago, Reuben Parker said:

In your example 10 ghoul unit battalion adds 5 then some get killed. The ghast and varghulf abilities could take it back to 15 then you could stack the battalion ability again to take it plus d6 more. The courtiers only stipulation is returning slain models, once ghoul Patrol ups the unit size as far as I read it you can return to that new size. And no there’s no maximum size, 40 is the biggest you can buy but via ghoul Patrol you have a theoretical max size of 70 in a normal 5 turn game (40+5d6 all rolling 6). Of course the more turns a battleplan has the higher theoretical max size. 

Ok, so this is 'as far as you read it' not defo. Which basically means being burned alive by my club. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, warhammernerd said:

Which basically means being burned alive by my club. 

They burn FEC players?!? What a sad bunch XD and here so thought we were the ones getting destroyed all the times...

but I remember a Stormcast player almost ragequitting after I told him that my GkoTg had a 4+, then with the spell a 5++ and with rotn another 5++... those were times 

the sylvaneth player just smiled and turned the kurnoth hunter in my direction, two rounds of shooting later he was gone without touching a foe.

FEC got better with the summoning, but not really crazy and the patrol is 180 points, of naked crazy dudes...

without our supporting heros we‘re just roasted

Edited by Honk
  • Like 1

watch them die ;)

the courtiers should stay close to your units to profit from LOOK OUT, SIR!

use cover ;) , distract yout opponent with big models like ZDs or TGs

do not overestimate your varghulfs fighter force, their abilities sounds amazing, but they die real quick in close combat

try to avoid close combat until you're save to smash the target unit, cause respawning >> courtier melee attacks

bring tons of courtiers

Yes, standard internet slur:

git gud... boi...

the new rule „look out sir“ protects with -1 to hit, so keep them near your units. Since FEC suffers from stupid deathless minion rule (your minions need to be WHOLLY within 6“), you‘re forced to spread out your heros if you want to cover everything.

like @Fluttershy said „destraction carnifex“ your big heros. Get a king on dragon, summon in 2 varghulf and then his usefulness is almost spend...

and even more wisdom from fluttershy: redundancy... one ghast has 4 wounds with a 5+ save, don’t even try to trigger his ability, which is cool, but then he is dead and your army suffers greatly. So bring a handful.

I personally think of my army in two brackets, speedbumps and objective holders. How do I claim objectives, hold them and who can punch my opponent in the face or keep him busy till I won ? and if a summoned suicide squat on the other side of the table keeps him busy or locks him in combat, distracts him from focusing on important stuff like claiming VP, their death was not in vain.

Oh, last important advice...

if you play against gunlines, your opponent might not be interested in scenery, especially not buildings or lush forests (which prevent LoS now iirc). So thank him for his pre-set up fields of desolation and start rolling for scenery. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Honk said:

Since FEC suffers from stupid deathless minion rule (your minions need to be WHOLLY within 6“)

use FEC Allegiance - Deathless Courtiers ability needs to be wholly within 12"of your general or a friendly FLESH-EATER COURTS HERO

you may want to allocate wounds to models outside 12" first, so the ability can kick in again for further wounds to allocate on models of that unit

Edited by Fluttershy
  • Like 1

meh..

+ deadwatch (best batallion ever!!!11111)

- allegiance has to be FEC, otherwise command trait magestic horror wouldn't be possible and crypt flayers woudln't be battleline anymore

- only one (1!) courtier

- what's the plan for those 2 GK on foot? spawning 2x10 ghoul units? playing with realm spells?

1 minute ago, warhammernerd said:

and another with majestic horror from Haunter courtier.

majestic horror spawns 2x 10 ghouls

but the list looks squishy with 1/2 courtiers

remember the varghulf joins the fight at the end of your movement phase (6" of edge) and has to catch up the 10" distance to your fast moving flayers first to respawn them. i think summoned courtiers are really good as backup or 2nd wave courtiers, but i won't rely on them too much in the first 2 turns

Yes, of course. Getting muddled, ZD brings on courtier. Haunter brings on 2 x 10 ghouls.

Sure, I can see that. But that’s assuming you bring it on from back board edge and not along a flank. Also, it’s trying to give the list a bit more in terms of reliable objective grabbers. I know 10 packs melt like butter, but without them it’s a bit risky no?

If always like my courtier general with dark wizardry... suggest as fluttershy to kick one king for another infernal. King on dragon summons vargheist, so you have 3x6d6 regain chances for 5+ (~6).

not sure if the list/summoning approach from the royal family list is viable/legal. Royal family summons one king ONCE per game. So the max for summoning is 2 kings and 2 vargheist/courtiers for 2CP. 

Cool,  but no autowin 

really need to test the deadwatch I start with a list, but always end up playing sth. else

2xinfernal, gkozd, Gk, 3x6 flayer +dw 

Hi i go to play  in two weeks a Tournament in spain. I go to play this list. 

AGKZD   majestic horror blood river chalice   (  2 varghulf free)

AGKT The grim garland  (  -2 bravery item and  3 crypts flyers)

20 ghouls

10 ghouls

10 ghouls

6 crypt horrors

3 crypt horrors

Abbatoir  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JCar09 said:

Hi i go to play  in two weeks a Tournament in spain. I go to play this list. 

AGKZD   majestic horror blood river chalice   (  2 varghulf free)

AGKT The grim garland  (  -2 bravery item and  3 crypts flyers)

20 ghouls

10 ghouls

10 ghouls

6 crypt horrors

3 crypt horrors

Abbatoir  

I don't like this, 3 horrors are almost useless, I'd go for a unit of 9. The abattoir list needs big units of ghouls. Your 10 man units will get killed by a gentle breeze and then the monsters will have to do the impossible...

2 hours ago, Glaurung said:

Ok, but are you aware how easily 3 horrors and 20 ghouls can be killed?

Sadly Glaurung is right.

I mean for casual play they are not instantly killed or useless, but you’re going to compete against „all the cheese“ so you might need do bring „all the bread“ to soak up...

the 3 flayers from the gkotg can protect his flank and with the garland even get things done.

at least up the horrors to 9, while the tg with flayers goes distraction carnifex...

and of course have fun and best of luck!!!

• Like 1