Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RuneBrush

AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

Recommended Posts

Just now, Diablo said:

I think if GW Gristlegore nerft then they must also nerf the 2+ ability of slaanesh (where a unit may only fight at the end) , both are very strong and unfair skills but GW only nerf Gristlegore ....  if my main opponent were not a slaanesh player, maybe i would not care , but with Gristlegore I finally had a chance against slaanesh and now she is gone again.

You can play around the Slaaneshi locus very easy, get 2 units in combat with them, charge them with the Gristlegore general, don't engage the Keeper, doppelganger cloak, we've got options, all armies have options to deal with Slaanesh, almost no one had a counter to Gristlegore. Always fighting first is not the same as making another unit fight last and not even really in the same league, it's annoying sure but not at all unfair...Slaanesh's summoning is another matter entirely

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Diablo said:

and how big are your flayers units?

I am loving them more and more. Been running a single 9x unit with Infernal (Cruel Task Master) and GKoTG casting Unholy Vitality on the Flayers. Chalice nearby to help with wounds and the occasional Spectral Host if they need to fly across the board. 

Typically summon a Varghulf and more Flayers to add to the madness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Karragon said:

doppelganger cloak, we've got options

Thanks for the tip, that's a good idea 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Karragon said:

You can play around the Slaaneshi locus very easy, get 2 units in combat with them, charge them with the Gristlegore general, don't engage the Keeper, doppelganger cloak, we've got options, all armies have options to deal with Slaanesh, almost no one had a counter to Gristlegore. Always fighting first is not the same as making another unit fight last and not even really in the same league, it's annoying sure but not at all unfair...Slaanesh's summoning is another matter entirely

I think the Locus is too strong, you can roll for every hero you have, for every unit your opponent has within 6” and in both turns.

it’s almost worse than the Gristelgheist, ALMOST. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Glaurung said:

I think the Locus is too strong, you can roll for every hero you have, for every unit your opponent has within 6” and in both turns.

it’s almost worse than the Gristelgheist, ALMOST. 

Maybe use Gristelgore and Doppelgänger cloak on TG: 1st TG general an have Savage Strike that neutralize both locus ( from hero and epitome) and second TG use doppelgängers cloak, before start attack. I think you can kill from 1 TG 30 of bestigors (using 2d activation), and kill 1 of KoS from 2d TG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do people think about a maxed out unit of flayers? Is a unit of 12 too big and too unwieldy to actually make a difference over a unit of 9? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why Is everyone using flayers over horrors? Are horrors not the stronger Choice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Why Is everyone using flayers over horrors? Are horrors not the stronger Choice?

Depends. Horrors are very good at killing low save hordes. Flayers are much more mobile and better at killing elite, high save things and things with minuses to hit. Having fly also synergises with Spectral Horror and Blisterskin is a much better Grand Court than Hollowmourne so having them as battleline helps as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, nonrelated said:

What do people think about a maxed out unit of flayers? Is a unit of 12 too big and too unwieldy to actually make a difference over a unit of 9? 

With 12 models will be hard to maneuver between terrain and positioning in a way that pile in don't be hard to do.

 

6 or 9 is much easier (9 being the number ppl tend to use most).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Glaurung said:

I think the Locus is too strong, you can roll for every hero you have, for every unit your opponent has within 6” and in both turns.

it’s almost worse than the Gristelgheist, ALMOST. 

That isn't how locus works. If that is how people are playing around your parts they are at best misunderstanding the rule, and at worst cheating.

You get one roll per Hedonite hero (notice not Slaanesh), you can only roll on a target unit once, so if you fail there is no second chance with a different Hero(there is an exception), and it is at the end of the charge phase. So there is some play there with pile-in moves.

The Epitome, has a similar rule called Horrible fascination. Which is AoE, at the start of the combat phase, which is against before Pile-in moves. This is the second bite at the Apple, on a 4+.

Only a greater Daemon has a 2+, everyone else is on a 4+ including the epitome. 

Locus also doesn't stack, with horrible fascination (the epitome) so a charging Gristlegore GKoTG still fights before the KoS. 

Edited by whispersofblood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys im Building my First 1000 points fec. I have 1 Start collecting box and the half of of the archregent Box. What would you recommend me to Build out of the Flayer/ Horror Kits. Have built 3 Flayers and 3 Horrors so Far. Im thinking that 3 more flayers Is a good Choice so i Could Play blisterskin?

or does someone have a good competetive 1000 points List?

My idea was something like this:

Blisterskin:(summoning 20 ghouls and 3 Flayers/Horrors)

Leaders
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Units
3 x Crypt Flayers (170)

+ some Endres spell


Total: 930 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 43

 

Or Gristlegore:(summoning 2x3 Flayers/Horrors)

Leaders
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Total: 980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 47

Or - 1 Haunter + 10 ghouls and barricade

Edited by Erdemo86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,  i have my first flesh eater courts army. This is my complete army,  do I have to add something (miniatures) to play competitively?

 

Abhorrant Ghoul King (160)
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Zombie Dragon (440)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
6 x Crypt Horrors (300)
3 x Crypt Flayers (170)
Royal Zombie Dragon (300)
Royal Terrorgheist (300)
charnel throne

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does doppelganger cloak work against locus of diversion  ? without Gristelgore and savage strike! 

if my Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist fights against keeper and demonettes and I have to activate it, can i fight with doppelganger cloak first or only at the end?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2019 at 4:39 PM, nonrelated said:

What do people think about a maxed out unit of flayers? Is a unit of 12 too big and too unwieldy to actually make a difference over a unit of 9? 

That’s an expensive point sink.  There would need to be one crazy plan centered on the unit for it to even have a reason to exist.  Defiantly not a TAC design approach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 8:04 AM, romhi said:

Hey people!

 

I have a 2 day 1500p tournament at the end of summer in my humble little country. There are some house rules and heavy restrictions on lists that I need to keep in mind. No unit over 400p (new FAQ screwed me over, no Ghoul King on Terrorgheist for me), 2 monsters max, 1 maximized unit size (only 1 unit of 40 ghouls for example), and after a quick talk with one of the organizers no Feast Day for fec armies. All of the battleplans are homebrew ones with heavy emphasis on narrative play and a few twists.

I know most people frown upon such limitations but I like to go about it from the direction that it is a great challenge to write a list that could win despite these rules.

Here is what I came up with:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - Crusading Army

Leaders
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
- General
- Trait: Dark Wizardy 
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Behemoths
Royal Terrorgheist (300)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Chalice of Ushoran (50)

Total: 1500 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 92
 

What do you think, is there something better I could take with these rules and point limits?

Well first, if it is a tournament - I wouldn't participate because F those restrictions,

Second, there isn't much we can do without out monsters, TG without Gruesome Bite isn't good at all, maybe you can go for Gristlegore with 2 battleline monsters and 40 ghouls, AAR and you have 300 points for something, at least additional hits on 6s will help with monsters poor hit values. 

Or you can go for KNIGHTS as your main fighting force and summon in ghouls for objectives, Blisterskin or Hollowmourne for Flayers or Horrors respectively.

And even changing TG in your list for 6 horrors would be better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 12:52 PM, Erdemo86 said:

Why Is everyone using flayers over horrors? Are horrors not the stronger Choice?

Even with 20 points difference Flayers now much better than they were and can compete with horrors due to their speed and shooting attack. They also have very convenient with Blisterskin+Deadwatch, 1 solid battalion gives you all 3 BL and a support piece for them, together with 4+ CP generation makes up for lack of Feast Day, 14" move is crazy fast, you can blob around a hero with Blisterskin artefact against shooting armies and spring into action immediatly when a good opportunity is presented. 

Damn, I want to play blisterskin now...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sartxac said:

Hello,  i have my first flesh eater courts army. This is my complete army,  do I have to add something (miniatures) to play competitively?

 

Abhorrant Ghoul King (160)
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Zombie Dragon (440)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
6 x Crypt Horrors (300)
3 x Crypt Flayers (170)
Royal Zombie Dragon (300)
Royal Terrorgheist (300)
charnel throne

 

 

Arch-Regent, up the ghouls number to 80

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Diablo said:

How does doppelganger cloak work against locus of diversion  ? without Gristelgore and savage strike! 

if my Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist fights against keeper and demonettes and I have to activate it, can i fight with doppelganger cloak first or only at the end?

You activate the doppelganger cloak at the start of the combat phase. Your hero now cannot be attacked until after they have attacked. If that hero has been locused, therefore fighting at the end of the combat phase then it is unlikely anything will be able to attack it. 

Doppelganger cloak doesn't change your order of attacks, it just means the hero can't be targeted with attacks till after it has attacked

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, XReN said:

Well first, if it is a tournament - I wouldn't participate because F those restrictions

Kinda depends, if they‘ll focus on the narrative, it might still be interesting.

but no hero on mount AND no feeding frenzy?! Really sounds like butthurt supreme 😅

are Bloodthirsters of insensate rage banned too? Because in my meta he one-shoted all the heroes on a stormcast dude with his exploding 6s 🥳👍 and he was almost ready to resurrect, because of 4 dead heroes...

51 minutes ago, XReN said:

What do you think, is there something better I could take with these rules and point limits?

Think about flayers... superbuffed with regent and king on foot. 2x6 in a blisterskin list. Fast and furious :

AAR, GK, Infernal, 6/6/3 flayers with chalice and cogs...

or inf->varghulf and 3F->10ghouls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Honk said:

Kinda depends, if they‘ll focus on the narrative, it might still be interesting.

When I went on a narrative event I took 12 horrors and GKoZD for good-looking not super-competetive list, but cutting of our hero monsters completely is a no-brainer. 

Also 1500 points are not enough to cut off all strong lists with those restrictions anyway.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Karragon said:

You activate the doppelganger cloak at the start of the combat phase. Your hero now cannot be attacked until after they have attacked. If that hero has been locused, therefore fighting at the end of the combat phase then it is unlikely anything will be able to attack it. 

Doppelganger cloak doesn't change your order of attacks, it just means the hero can't be targeted with attacks till after it has attacked 

Okay thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming back to my flesh eaters again after a couple of months away. 

Some questions i would love some answeres to: 

- How would you play a Blisterkin list for 1k? (Competitive) 

- How hard did the Gristlegore nerf hit us?  Is it still viable? If so, how have you changed your list/playstyle? (Both 1k and för 2k if You have XP from both) 

Thanks in advance. Looking forwards bringing out this army again! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, XReN said:

but cutting of our hero monsters completely is a no-brainer

No, together with scratching feeding frenzy it sounds well thought and deliberate...

5 hours ago, Kimbo said:

How would you play a Blisterkin list for 1k? (Competitive) 

AAR, Varghulf (General,Dark wizardry), 6 Flayer, 20ghouls, Chalice...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Honk said:

No, together with scratching feeding frenzy it sounds well thought and deliberate...

AAR, Varghulf (General,Dark wizardry), 6 Flayer, 20ghouls, Chalice...

Nice! Have you playtested it? 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...