AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

24 minutes ago, Honk said:

Basically to the second and then to the third box... maybe carrion empire if your not into proxy/custom Archregents (sadly broke atm, but my celestial prime regent will be done this year).

I definitely would try out different lists first, before committing and regretting. 2x6 flayers are fun, same goes for 2x6 horrors, with the right back up against the right opponent going on a feast day, they can be really strong.

large hordes of ghouls have not really worked for me (subpar tactics I fear) and also not really tickled my palate... I love my regeneration Zombie list, but with ghouls, I‘m not thrilled somehow 

I fear I need to get the original model - I'm into rather heavy kitbashing, but I mostly do this on the original models - but come to think of it, I'd probably manage to make a nice Archregent out of a Ghoul King. 

I'm gonna go a rather Knight-, Court and Town-heavy theme with the Ghouls being cloaked in rags and broken armor and my Lords being based on my actual VLs and Blood Knights to keep the continuity (my Blood Knight Leaders, because my Vampire couple won't be sufficient for FEC, I typically run more than 2 Vampire Heroes, I suppose). 

I kinda dislike the original Horror Models, but if I put some pieces of armor onto them (the heads, first and foremost), they'll look fine, I guess. I'm rather fond of the Monsters and the Flayers while I can do a really diverse Court with the Ghouls, like: I'd love to do some medieval castle- and townfolk. Gosh, Death is just so perfect, I love me every option. 

Back to the question: The SC-Box actually has all the options, apparently (and I need a second Dragon for my Legions anyway). Guess I need another box of Ghouls after that, since 30 won't be enough with summoning; and a Varghulf would be nice too. But good to know that I can just get me some SC-Boxes. Thank you for the explanation! :)

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2019 at 8:11 PM, AHTOXA said:

Hi, to everyone!

I need help with tactics against 2 rosters in our meta.

1. Demons Khorne with 4 BLOODTHIRSTERs: Skarbrand and other different 3, with TYRANTS OF BLOOD battalion, Reaper of Vengeance host, and 2 artifacts- Fighting 1st on 4+ and pile in on 6”.  This is incredible, they fight 1st with all 4 thirsters.  Maximum with TG you can kill only 1 and take an attack of 3 of them.  My only ideas is doppelgänger cloak.

2. Blight king bomb (30 -40) of them with Epidemius (making reroll of 1 for to hit and to wound after death of 14 models - like ghouls), and Harbinger of Decay ( negating wound on 5+). For second roud you have attack of BK hitihg on 3+ with rerolls of 1 and adding D6 wouns for every 6, and wounding on 2+ with rerolls of 1, and 5+ negating wounds. And I forgot of 2 tries, which give charge after advance.

If anybody have ides, pls answer!

p.s. I’m using 2TG, 1 AAR, 50 ghouls + courtier and ghouls patroll battalion, chalice and cogs- reroll of saves for attacking TG, and FD of course.

I suggest taking some endless spells, Geminids to reduce attacks on thirsters and give blightkings penalties for hit rolls (they won't be exploding 6s since their effects are 6+ and not an unmodified 6), Pendulum to deal some "ranged" damage against Thirsters, maybe a ZD over TG for his shooting attack which is quite good, Gildenbane artefact from Chamon will negate Khorne's Fight First artefact. Miasmatic Shroud spell might help, when you run 2 TGs you can cast ward saves from one of them and Shroud with second one.

With endless spells try to snipe Harbringer whille giving penalties to Blightkings when going against nurgle.

Try to delay Khorne army's advance as long as possible whille clearing objectives and grabing them with summons, if you manage to hit Thirsters with gemenids and catch them with big unit of ghouls with 5++ you are in a good position.

Or go with cheaper spells such as Barricade and Shackles to make opponent super slow.

You can also experiment with Neferata and stack her CA (-1 to hit in Aura) (also her spell gives an Ethereal save) to completely negate opponent's ability to fight (with battalion,  additional CP and Feast Day you will be able to give -3 to hit and fight twice with 2 units on turn 2)

Edited by XReN

Hey guys, i want to Start Painting my fec today. And want to go the rakarth Flesh, Pallid wych Flesh and carrobug crimson way. 

Which schade Suites best? For the Skin?

earthshade? Or wash the whole  model with carrobug?

my Plan was like this:

1.basecoat white

2. paint whole Miniatures rakarth

3. Then wash whole Model with ????

4. drybrush with rakarth

5. Drybrush Pallid wych

Edited by Erdemo86

20 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

Hey guys, i want to Start Painting my fec today. And want to go the rakarth Flesh, Pallid wych Flesh and carrobug crimson way. 

Which schade Suites best? For the Skin?

earthshade? Or wash the whole  model with carrobug?

my Plan was like this:

1.basecoat white

2. paint whole Miniatures rakarth

3. Then wash whole Model with ????

4. drybrush with rakarth

5. Drybrush Pallid wych

It all depends on how warm or cold you want the model, also don't be afraid to mix washes or add some inks in.

For instance my test model (on previous page) is done in a similar colour scheme washed with a blue/black mix, more in favour of the blue :)

Here's what I'll be running for tournaments this fall;

- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day

Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Varghulf Courtier (160)

- General

- Trait: Dark Acolyte 

- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist(420)

- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak 

- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud

- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite

Abhorrant Archregent (240)

- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host

Abhorrant Archregent (240)

- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 

- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast

Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Ghoul Patrol (180)

Chalice of Ushoran (50)

Charnel Throne (0)

Total: 1990 / 2000

Extra Command Points: 1

Wounds: 94

1 hour ago, Honk said:

Sure they are... huge investment before you‘ll get to play thou, especially the gristlegore one

Thanks! I wasn't sure if the FAQ drastically changed things up, since I haven't played FEC. I'm owning one of the Dragons and need another one to play Soulblight/Legion of Blood Double Dragon (+ Neferata for double Ethereal Dragon) lists, so when I got that one, I'm halfway through with both lists anyway. 

Going on from there, I think I'm better off investing in 2 more of the SC boxes than going for the Flayers only. 

Hey people!

I have a 2 day 1500p tournament at the end of summer in my humble little country. There are some house rules and heavy restrictions on lists that I need to keep in mind. No unit over 400p (new FAQ screwed me over, no Ghoul King on Terrorgheist for me), 2 monsters max, 1 maximized unit size (only 1 unit of 40 ghouls for example), and after a quick talk with one of the organizers no Feast Day for fec armies. All of the battleplans are homebrew ones with heavy emphasis on narrative play and a few twists.

I know most people frown upon such limitations but I like to go about it from the direction that it is a great challenge to write a list that could win despite these rules.

Here is what I came up with:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - Crusading Army

Leaders
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
- General
- Trait: Dark Wizardy 
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Behemoths
Royal Terrorgheist (300)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Chalice of Ushoran (50)

Total: 1500 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 92

What do you think, is there something better I could take with these rules and point limits?

Hey guys, what do you think about the stupid Gristlegore Nerf?

I'll cut it short: I do not like it , Why does GW always have to take everything good from the FEC?  first the ****** with Ghoul Patrol, now Gristlegore,  all my favorite Feature will be destroyed , In the meantime FEC are no fun anymore ......

1 hour ago, Diablo said:

I'll cut it short: I do not like it , Why does GW always have to take everything good from the FEC?  first the ****** with Ghoul Patrol, now Gristlegore,  all my favorite Feature will be destroyed , In the meantime FEC are no fun anymore ......

I've been having a great time with a flayer heavy Blisterskin list.

1 hour ago, Diablo said:

Well... I myself never played as Gristlegore knowing it would be nerfed due to its strength! It indeed need a nerf, It wasn't in a good state for a competitive game.

I choose not to play so I didn't get attached or used to it and could have the same feelings you are having right now.

Been playing Blisterskin (Dressed as Feast Day) having a lot of fun and I've been winning locals tournaments. Going to test Ghouls heavy list for the next months, change a little bit my play style.

1 hour ago, Masake said:

Been playing Blisterskin (Dressed as Feast Day) having a lot of fun and I've been winning locals tournaments. Going to test Ghouls heavy list for the next months, change a little bit my play style.

I've been playing Blisterskin lately too. My lists are mostly Flayer heavy, but I have tried a 9x Flayer unit with support of a Courtier/Varghulf and a GKoTG. Then sprinkle in some Ghouls for objectives and screens. Last weekend I ran the following list against Stormcast and well...

Spoiler

AAR

GKoTG

Crypt Infernal

Crypt Ghast

9x Flayers

20x Ghouls

10x Ghouls

10x Ghouls

Ghoul Patrol

Chalice

...I only managed to lose the AAR due to never moving him and he got into combat. Any losses I suffered I regained from the Chalice and courtier support. Granted he had some unlucky rolls but I never imagined to win by a large margin like that. I never played Stormcast before so I played my list like I normally do and played aggressively.

I do really wanna try Ghoul heavy with Horror support...but that means I need to assemble more Horrors 🤣 

What is a good blisterskin list ? I've only played Morgaunt and Gristlegore so far

14 hours ago, Finklelord said:

i do really wanna try Ghoul heavy with Horror support...but that means I need to assemble more Horror 🤣

I have 18 Flayers and 18 Horros ;D I always build something from both.

Edited by Diablo

14 hours ago, Finklelord said:

I've been playing Blisterskin lately too. My lists are mostly Flayer heavy, but I have tried a 9x Flayer unit with support of a Courtier/Varghulf and a GKoTG. Then sprinkle in some Ghouls for objectives and screens. Last weekend I ran the following list against Stormcast and well...

Reveal hidden contents

AAR

GKoTG

Crypt Infernal

Crypt Ghast

9x Flayers

20x Ghouls

10x Ghouls

10x Ghouls

Ghoul Patrol

Chalice

...I only managed to lose the AAR due to never moving him and he got into combat. Any losses I suffered I regained from the Chalice and courtier support. Granted he had some unlucky rolls but I never imagined to win by a large margin like that. I never played Stormcast before so I played my list like I normally do and played aggressively.

I do really wanna try Ghoul heavy with Horror support...but that means I need to assemble more Horrors 🤣 

I'm trying Ghouls Heavy w/o Horror! I know the Ghoul Patrols is not that good anymore, but at least I have those 3 Battlelines that I'm already paying in for other purpose than tax!

I'm going to a different route, I will not engage in most of fights with ghouls! Trying to fall back when possible and trying to being annoying in some objective!

1 hour ago, Diablo said:

What is a good blisterskin list ? I've only played Morgaunt and Gristlegore so far

I have 16 Flayers and 16 Horros ;D I always build something from both.

Usually 3 units of Flayers in a DeadWatch Battalion!

You will need Courtier to support them (Maybe 1 Varghulf and another Infernal)... even Chalice can help sometimes!

It is a highly mobile list, with bunch of MW that make it a pain in the ass for a lot of enemies units (Those with good saves). Besides this I always bring those 2 Big FEC Guys (AAR and GKoTG).

What I love about Flayers, besides all that I said before, is the possibility to be following my GKoTG and acting as his Screen! It become much stronger right now that we lost the "Fight First Gristlegore when charged"... that way, using Flayers as Screen, you prevent those Glass Cannon units to Charge your GKoTG and burst him!

Even on my heavy Ghouls list I will bring at least 1 unit of Flayers to be my GKoTG screen!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Masake said:

Usually 3 units of Flayers in a DeadWatch Battalion!

You will need Courtier to support them (Maybe 1 Varghulf and another Infernal)... even Chalice can help sometimes!

It is a highly mobile list, with bunch of MW that make it a pain in the ass for a lot of enemies units (Those with good saves). Besides this I always bring those 2 Big FEC Guys (AAR and GKoTG).

What I love about Flayers, besides all that I said before, is the possibility to be following my GKoTG and acting as his Screen! It become much stronger right now that we lost the "Fight First Gristlegore when charged"... that way, using Flayers as Screen, you prevent those Glass Cannon units to Charge your GKoTG and burst him!

Even on my heavy Ghouls list I will bring at least 1 unit of Flayers to be my GKoTG screen! 

that sounds very good, I will test, thx! 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diablo said:

that sounds very good, I will test, thx! 👍

What must ppl do, I myself, is bring at lest 1 of those 3 units packed with more Flayers than the minimum size! That unit will be you target for most buffs... I tend to make my Infernal my Warlord, that way Flayers became Battleline and I still can use Feast Day (Once more it became stronger than it was due to changes to buying extra CP, its only 1 CP now).

This Warlord will get the "Wizard" trait, in order to have the +1 attack from Ghoul King Scroll... Added the +D3 attacks from AAR I managed to pump in my games 4 extra attacks in a blob of bunch of Flayers.

But those extra tactics is my personal preference. But I still think FEAST DAY will be the best option moving forward!

17 hours ago, Diablo said:

I think it was the perfect change to something that was totally unfun for your opponent. Most armies simply did not have a counter play to it, the skill of the player becomes irrelevant when there's actually no answer.

Though personally I never ran Gristlegore any way, it wasn't fun for my opponent so wasn't fun for me either. Blisterskin is a much better grand court than Gristlegore and gives you so many more movement options which is frankly how you win games.

• LOVE IT! 1

49 minutes ago, Masake said:

What must ppl do, I myself, is bring at lest 1 of those 3 units packed with more Flayers than the minimum size! That unit will be you target for most buffs... I tend to make my Infernal my Warlord, that way Flayers became Battleline and I still can use Feast Day (Once more it became stronger than it was due to changes to buying extra CP, its only 1 CP now).

This Warlord will get the "Wizard" trait, in order to have the +1 attack from Ghoul King Scroll... Added the +D3 attacks from AAR I managed to pump in my games 4 extra attacks in a blob of bunch of Flayers.

But those extra tactics is my personal preference. But I still think FEAST DAY will be the best option moving forward!

how do you roll the scream of the flayers in a bigger unit( 9+)  ? each one individually ? or all together ?

Just now, Diablo said:

how do you roll the scream of the flayers in a bigger unit( 9+)  ? each one individually ? or all together ?

Unfortunately, each one individually! Even for a small unit you must roll each scream.
Usually I just see what is the value I need to surpass, and roll them quite fast!

Like: "Well I need 10+, so 11 = 1 MW...." Roll "fast", 8 / 12 (2MW) / 3 / 5 / 14(4MW) keep doing"! It is not that bad and it seems like! ahahahahaha

4 minutes ago, Karragon said:

I think it was the perfect change to something that was totally unfun for your opponent. Most armies simply did not have a counter play to it, the skill of the player becomes irrelevant when there's actually no answer.

Though personally I never ran Gristlegore any way, it wasn't fun for my opponent so wasn't fun for me either. Blisterskin is a much better grand court than Gristlegore and gives you so many more movement options which is frankly how you win games. 

I think if GW Gristlegore nerft then they must also nerf the 2+ ability of slaanesh (where a unit may only fight at the end) , both are very strong and unfair skills but GW only nerf Gristlegore ....  if my main opponent were not a slaanesh player, maybe i would not care , but with Gristlegore I finally had a chance against slaanesh and now she is gone again.

4 minutes ago, Masake said:

Unfortunately, each one individually! Even for a small unit you must roll each scream.
Usually I just see what is the value I need to surpass, and roll them quite fast!

Like: "Well I need 10+, so 11 = 1 MW...." Roll "fast", 8 / 12 (2MW) / 3 / 5 / 14(4MW) keep doing"! It is not that bad and it seems like! ahahahahaha 

and how big are your flayers units?

do you have a list for 1500 points? I'm playing next Thursday against beast of chaos with 1500p

Edited by Diablo