AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

5 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Start Collecting sets are always a great investment as they have everything a FEC army needs.

2 Sets plus a AAR will give you a well-rounded force, thats only a little light on ghouls. 

Ok, thank you. 

Thats what i thought about, but i dont know what to do with the 140 points left. Andy Ideas?

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
Abhorrant Archregent (240)

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Total: 860 / 2000

55 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

but i dont know what to do with the 140 points left

Still need to get used to the new points...

endless spells might be an option, with the chalice (50) and the barricade(40) you’ll get an extra CP  or 10 ghouls and the barricade to protect a flank...

biggest problem with ES is the amount of spells. You’ll want to cast vitality, you‘ll want to cast hunger. Then you have the lore spells, like spectral host, blood feast, transformation and then also the ES.

I would love to have those spells in my legions of sacrament list... XD

37 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Ok, thank you. 

Thats what i thought about, but i dont know what to do with the 140 points left. Andy Ideas?

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
Abhorrant Archregent (240)

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Total: 860 / 2000

You could also throw in either a courtier or a Ghoul King on foot.

47 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

You could also throw in either a courtier or a Ghoul King on foot.

Yeah as @XReN said the ghoul king has been raised.

If you are summoning flayers/horrors @Erdemo86 then the courtier that matches those could be placed on the battlefield.

Otherwise an Barricade and another 10 ghouls could be a choice, would be my suggestion.

• Like 1

Hello quite new to this awesome army

Played 2 games of 500 points today and won both! Against maggotkin and wood elves.

My list consists:

2x Ghast Courtiers (One with Dark Acolyte, no relic tournement rules)

30x Crypt Ghouls

1x Chalice

Literally sustain so much damage and brought them back within the next turn. I love these guys and the Crypt ghouls with 91x2 attacks with Feeding Frenzy was insane! I feel like the list is a little too much, since it wouldn't die. I dont want to be that guy.... but this list is what just had a lot of synergy. Let me know your thoughts :)

Thoughts on colours for the spines. I'm drawing up blanks here 😕

I want to achieve a dark horror theme, but will still standout and look good on the table (high contrast) while maintaining a darkness about it.

Please excuse the shoddy work this was a quick 15 minute splashing of colours to get a feel for the new army I am starting.

Many thanks :)

20190711_220734.jpg.417d099e722ddde33ef7e4b33b14a02e.jpg

20190711_220744.jpg.08a5ceb2794acbd0e66d0511c841d550.jpg20190711_220734.jpg.417d099e722ddde33ef7e4b33b14a02e.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

20 minutes ago, ReAnimate Studios said:

Thoughts on colours for the spines. 

I think the firsts draft looks pretty good. I would suggest dark grey for the back spines/hair and then some glowy eyes and you‘re set...

Just now, Honk said:

I think the firsts draft looks pretty good. I would suggest dark grey for the back spines/hair and then some glowy eyes and you‘re set...

My gut instinct was telling me, black. But I want to add black around the eyes and have like you said glowing eyes.

Dark grey might be just the colour in after :)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, James S said:

Super confused.

And then I thought „what a noob, they totally cleaned up their language...“ 

oopsy...

technically, you should be able to move one unit for an amount of inches up their movement characteristics (aka normal move)

this should not count as having moved or retreated, since it does not say: „move, like in your movement phase“, because then you also would be able to run...

edit:

thinking of it, you should also be able to use this, to get within 3“ of enemy models.

Edited by Honk

17 hours ago, mrfantasticghost said:

My list consists:

2x Ghast Courtiers (One with Dark Acolyte, no relic tournement rules)

30x Crypt Ghouls

1x Chalice

Keep in mind that your Ghast's cant cast Chalice due to not having the correct keyword. I would drop the Chalice for a CP if you plan on running the list again. 

5 hours ago, Honk said:

And then I thought „what a noob, they totally cleaned up their language...“ 

oopsy...

technically, you should be able to move one unit for an amount of inches up their movement characteristics (aka normal move)

this should not count as having moved or retreated, since it does not say: „move, like in your movement phase“, because then you also would be able to run...

edit:

thinking of it, you should also be able to use this, to get within 3“ of enemy models.

I’m really looking at the wording to retreat out in hero phase and set up to get into the combat I want in normal movement. It doesn’t say anything really. Just move in hero phase. That’s really why I’m looking for clarification.

Appreciate any help.

Hi, to everyone!

I need help with tactics against 2 rosters in our meta.

1. Demons Khorne with 4 BLOODTHIRSTERs: Skarbrand and other different 3, with TYRANTS OF BLOOD battalion, Reaper of Vengeance host, and 2 artifacts- Fighting 1st on 4+ and pile in on 6”.  This is incredible, they fight 1st with all 4 thirsters.  Maximum with TG you can kill only 1 and take an attack of 3 of them.  My only ideas is doppelgänger cloak.

2. Blight king bomb (30 -40) of them with Epidemius (making reroll of 1 for to hit and to wound after death of 14 models - like ghouls), and Harbinger of Decay ( negating wound on 5+). For second roud you have attack of BK hitihg on 3+ with rerolls of 1 and adding D6 wouns for every 6, and wounding on 2+ with rerolls of 1, and 5+ negating wounds. And I forgot of 2 tries, which give charge after advance.

If anybody have ides, pls answer!

p.s. I’m using 2TG, 1 AAR, 50 ghouls + courtier and ghouls patroll battalion, chalice and cogs- reroll of saves for attacking TG, and FD of course.

Edited by AHTOXA

14 hours ago, James S said:

Hey guys, can y’all learn me on using the Royal Mordant hero phase move to get out of combat? Does it count as a retreat? Can I still move in movement phase? Super confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not a lot of mystery to this one guys. It's a "normal move" which is an actual rules term. You can run, you are constrained to retreat and all the other normal move rules.

Screenshot_20190712-121337_WH AoS.jpg

Screenshot_20190712-121442_WH AoS.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Finklelord said:

Keep in mind that your Ghast's cant cast Chalice due to not having the correct keyword. I would drop the Chalice for a CP if you plan on running the list again. 

That is open to debate. The command trait says:

This general gains the WIZARD keyword and can cast and unbind spells in the same manner as an ABHORRANT GHOUL KING from the Abhorrant Ghoul King warscroll

The very fact that they include the ABHORRANT GHOUL KING keyword in the description implies to me that it then meets the requirement to cast the endless spells

12 minutes ago, Karragon said:

That is open to debate. The command trait says:

The very fact that they include the ABHORRANT GHOUL KING keyword in the description implies to me that it then meets the requirement to cast the endless spells

I can see where this can be seen as both ways. I'm all for having a Ghast or other courtier being able to cast endless spells so if that's the case sign me up! 

Anyone had any luck with a horror based list? Wondered if the new points drop had changed things up.

It seems like lists go into a few lanes.

Gristlegore monsters, Blisterskin Flayers, then more mixed lists that seem to be a mix of Gristlegore, Blisterskin and feast day.

Don't see as much of the other two courts in lists.

1 hour ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Snip

Gristlegore monsters, Blisterskin Flayers, then more mixed lists that seem to be a mix of Gristlegore, Blisterskin and feast day.

Snip

After the CA getting FAQ kicked in the balls I’ll be steering clear of that court for regular Match Play.  Besides Undead monsters hitting on fours is brutal when playing statistics.  Exceptions will be made for planned fluffy battles.

Between power-creep and everyone locally upping their game Blisterskin might be on the chopping block next. I really want to call out “praise the sun,” during battle.  List building was already hard enough and the nerfs did not help.

1 hour ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Anyone had any luck with a horror based list? Wondered if the new points drop had changed things up.

snip

A ten point drop doesn’t really change anything.  Still need to hug a leader.  They are about one attack die and save off from a proper warscroll.  There isn’t any solid advantage to spamming them.  Any squad over six is still eating points.

I generally run them defensively with as many synergies as possible.  They never get to attack twice in combat because there has always been a better option.

My primary motivation for bringing them is the Abattoir Battalion.  The first 300 points fits while doubling squad size is problematic for what I want to bring.

They’d need to be about 120 a unit before becoming a central part of my lists.  Maybe 130 for considerations.

Got me a Start Collecting: FEC Box (mainly for the VLoZD and Vargheists, but the Ghouls are there as it is and the rest I can magnetize). My lore even works with them being a Court rather than a Vampire and a Witch being in a castle (I'm playing her either as a Necromancer or a VL, different years of fighting, there - with Gravesites even stating their human names and being a nod to the World of Old, so I guess, I can also make them work when they lost everything and are in hiding). 

Long story short: Where do I go from the SC-Box? What's looking to be the go-to list now that the FAQ happened? Lots'a Ghouls? TGs? 

12 hours ago, AHexInScarletRed said:

Where do I go from the SC-Box? 

Basically to the second and then to the third box... maybe carrion empire if your not into proxy/custom Archregents (sadly broke atm, but my celestial prime regent will be done this year).

I definitely would try out different lists first, before committing and regretting. 2x6 flayers are fun, same goes for 2x6 horrors, with the right back up against the right opponent going on a feast day, they can be really strong.

large hordes of ghouls have not really worked for me (subpar tactics I fear) and also not really tickled my palate... I love my regeneration Zombie list, but with ghouls, I‘m not thrilled somehow 

• Like 1