AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

Hi guys, I'm new in AOS. I've played a little with various armies and I decided to join the game. After reading a lot of lore I fell in love with FEC and I'm going to buy the start collecting kit. My question is: I can build Crypt Horrors or Crypt Flyers but I dont' know what to choose. I'm thinking to build the first one, even if in the box I don't get the respective courtier (or can I build Crypt Infernal Courtier as Crypt Haunter Courtier?). I'm sorry for the newbie question😔

Edited by tione

2 hours ago, tione said:

Hi guys, I'm new in AOS. I've played a little with various armies and I decided to join the game. After reading a lot of lore I fell in love with FEC and I'm going to buy the start collecting kit. My question is: I can build Crypt Horrors or Crypt Flyers but I dont' know what to choose. I'm thinking to build the first one, even if in the box I don't get the respective courtier (or can I build Crypt Infernal Courtier as Crypt Haunter Courtier?). I'm sorry for the newbie question😔

Welcome to the forum!

You can build any that you like, but you don't need a courtier yet. Try to read into the rules, because unless you will be summoning them, or taking a small unit to fill up the points - you will want them to have a specific roll in the list or fit your playstyle. Horrors are hard-hitting bane of hordes, they are also somewhat more resilient than flayers, Flayers are more anti-elite/anti-high saves unit, that have a shooting attack you can build around by bringing bravery debuffs, also they are almost twice as fast as horrors and can fly, so you can stick it somewhere where horrors need to fight through and TG/ZD can't fit their base to harass/kill some valuable unit.

Edited by XReN
  • Like 4

On 7/4/2019 at 3:15 AM, ReAnimate Studios said:

Awesome, is there more info on this in the malign sorcery book?

What I rattled on about is all in the GoT world. It's the land furthest east and it's vague enough that you can tie your own fluff into it. When I read about it I was thinking the entire time that this sounds like a perfect place for Vampires and the like. 

As for the Malign Sorcery book I haven't read it yet. 

2 minutes ago, Finklelord said:

What I rattled on about is all in the GoT world. It's the land furthest east and it's vague enough that you can tie your own fluff into it. When I read about it I was thinking the entire time that this sounds like a perfect place for Vampires and the like. 

As for the Malign Sorcery book I haven't read it yet. 

Ah right cool, I've only read the first 2 or 3 books (before the series came out) sounds like an ideal realm to theme my army. I am thinking of a reddish/brown desert for the basing as this should contrast nicely with the blue/grey skin.

Hey again everyone, I have a batrep up for 1750 League Week against Seraphon and all week I've used Gristlegore + Menagerie. Now, I played 2 more games; 1 against Tzeentch and another against Stormcast (no shooting, but Sequitor\Evocator bombs) and both were just.. absolute domination by T2 and they weren't exactly inspiring me to write up batreps on. The Stormcast player killed 2 of my TG's, but the GKoTG alone managed to kill a little over 1k of his points across 2 turns so... yeah. I think they'll be shelved for the next 3 weeks until the 2k tournament to end out the League. 

Anyway, I've posted it below against Seraphon. I don't ever mean to sound overly negative towards FeC, they're a great army and can be fun to play, but right now they just don't offer any challenge and it's kind of making other players not want to play in general.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ColsBols said:

Hello fellow corpse-eaters, I’m gonna be picking up a carrion empire half next week and wondering what are good builds to work up to? I don’t want to do gristlegore lol, what non-behemoth builds are people into these days?

You can kinda go a few different ways. For competitive, I tend to run at least 30\40-10-10 Ghouls (objectives\screening) and then 1-2 TG's and 1-2 Archregents and a Ghast Courtier with Ghoul Patrol.. all under Feast Day delusion. I would consider this a more balanced mix since you can still summon in 1-2 Courtiers, 3-9 Knights, 20-40 more Ghouls... etc, etc.

Of course you can also build right into a Ghoul heavy army with multiple big units of them ran in Morgaunt, or maybe a Deadwatch battalion Flayer list in Blisterskin for a more fast and low model count army. You can also do this with Horrors, although it seems Hollowmourne has a lot to be desired compared to the other 3, but again that's competitively speaking. A good default delusion is Feast Day if the Grand Courts aren't that interesting to you.

9 hours ago, ColsBols said:

wondering what are good builds to work up to? I don’t want to do gristlegore

Maybe it’s best to kinda wait for the faq, I guess the regent won’t be for free any longer 🤣

if you don’t want to go stomping as @Gwendar said above, a lot of things are possible.

depending on your meta 2x6 flayer either in a fast blisterskin list with 3x10 ghouls or an infernal general with 30 ghouls on a feast day are solid options. Especially since you can only buy one extra CP feast day just got even better. Throw in an gkotg and you‘re set for a fast an furious list. Spirit host as spell, ferocious hunger and the bloodbath is ready to dip in.

almost the same things can be done with horrors, but they want their abhorrent next to them, for rerolling. Almost might consider a gkozd to reroll everything. Gkotg still imba, but gkozd rocks if standing between 2x6 units of horrors, crashing into whatever.

Big ghoul hordes never really worked for me, my dice are loaded on the wrong sides...

2 hours ago, Honk said:

Big ghoul hordes never really worked for me, my dice are loaded on the wrong sides...

Funnily enough for me it ends up being my unmounted TG\ZD that roll poorly, especially when I FF. I can't tell you how many times I've FF'd to finish off a unit, only to kill 1 more model.

By the way, I think I'm taking Arkhan at 2k just for the potential satisfaction of Curse of Years going off. Otherwise I may end up giving Deadwatch a go finally. I'm a bit surprised we didn't get the faq this weekend.. I really expected it to be 2 weeks after the GHB like everything else. I'm really curious to see what happens.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gwendar said:

Funnily enough for me it ends up being my unmounted TG\ZD that roll poorly, especially when I FF. I can't tell you how many times I've FF'd to finish off a unit, only to kill 1 more model.

By the way, I think I'm taking Arkhan at 2k just for the potential satisfaction of Curse of Years going off. Otherwise I may end up giving Deadwatch a go finally. I'm a bit surprised we didn't get the faq this weekend.. I really expected it to be 2 weeks after the GHB like everything else. I'm really curious to see what happens.

I'm thinking Arkhan in my 2000 list and Deadwatch because I like flayers and don't play in ultra competitive scene. Also my mate has given me some nighthaunt unpainted so want to expand into LoG or LoN list.

As for FAQ I'm thinking a day before the Warhammer meeting engagement tournament, with the last model just packed snugly in the box and me happy with my final list 😂😂👍

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

@Blisterfeet Well, my scene is varied but has a core group of competitive players.. I've just been tired of running standard FeC and dominating the League so I wanted to switch it up with something more fun. Nothing better than 3 TG's, a GKoZD and Arkhan Gristlegore\Feast Day list. Until that rumored TK remake, they'll probably be my only Death army.

I've seen a lot of people suggesting that or tomorrow as some other FAQ's have dropped on Mondays rather than over the weekend.. so we'll see. I really can't see them waiting another 2 weeks for an FAQ, but rather get them out beforehand in time for that tournament. Honestly, I'm more concerned for my Skaven changes than FeC, but both will be interesting to see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gwendar said:

@Blisterfeet Well, my scene is varied but has a core group of competitive players.. I've just been tired of running standard FeC and dominating the League so I wanted to switch it up with something more fun. Nothing better than 3 TG's, a GKoZD and Arkhan Gristlegore\Feast Day list. Until that rumored TK remake, they'll probably be my only Death army.

I've seen a lot of people suggesting that or tomorrow as some other FAQ's have dropped on Mondays rather than over the weekend.. so we'll see. I really can't see them waiting another 2 weeks for an FAQ, but rather get them out beforehand in time for that tournament. Honestly, I'm more concerned for my Skaven changes than FeC, but both will be interesting to see.

Yeah I got in late to the FEC party so luckily my scene is not sick of playing them as most of us are new from 40k. 

I hope it is soon and I feel for you with skaven and FEC you are bound to have a shake up in lists if not both. Weren't you hoping to switch back to the rat god's? Or was that someone else.

@Blisterfeet Yeah, everyone's pretty tired of playing them.. so I don't want to be the guy people avoid because they can't do much against the army.

Well, yeah I mean I intended to shelve FeC after this leagues over anyway.. hell, the next 2 weeks are 2k and I won't even be using them as I'm so far ahead I just want to go back to Skaven. They're my main army and always will be my favored.. mostly due to the playstyle, if anything. Getting up close and personal isn't really my thing I've come to find out.. but it will be fun to mess with now and again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Gwendar said:

That is because our non hero monsters suck just as much as GKoTG rocks

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

FAQ is up and we have the following changes for the people who just want to know the cold facts

AKoTG up 20 points

AAR up 40 points 

Horrors down 10 points 

Endless spells

Chalice up to 50

Barricade up to 40

Stampede up to 70

Expected rises. Had to rejig my meeting engagements list to get everything in. 

What's everyone else's thoughts?

• Thanks 2

Just now, Blisterfeet said:

FAQ is up and we have the following changes for the people who just want to know the cold facts

AKoTG up 20 points

AAR up 40 points 

Horrors down 10 points 

Endless spells

Chalice up to 50

Barricade up to 40

Stampede up to 70

Expected rises. Had to rejig my meeting engagements list to get everything in. 

What's everyone else's thoughts?

Sadly no changes for Battatlion costs (like Ghoul Patrol) and/or points decrements for Ghouls. Same thing for Zombie Dragon, I still don't get its points costs in comparison to TG.

All other points I'm oky with it!

But I think it's time to swap GKoZD in my list for 6 horrors and courtier, Ghoul Patrol for Kings Ghouls and Miasmatic Blade for Ethereal Amulet, throw away Geminids and Barricade, get a Corpse Cart and run something like this:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
- General
- Trait: Magestic Horror 
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet 
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Battleline
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Units
6 x Crypt Horrors (300)
1 x Corpse Cart (80)
- Allies

Battalions
King's Ghouls (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Chalice of Ushoran (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 121

Edited by XReN
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, XReN said:

fix to Savage Strike was executed very intelligently 

With the point reduction for the Bloodthirster of insensate rage and his ASF mechanic I‘m not that happy, but I feared worse...

2 minutes ago, Honk said:

With the point reduction for the Bloodthirster of insensate rage and his ASF mechanic I‘m not that happy, but I feared worse...

Well, it kinda expected to see things that are very strong to be nerfed instead main mass of wargamers learning to counter it...

Like Doppelganger Cloak, shooting,  heavy magic, clever charge+pile-in shenanigans doesn't exist

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Honk said:

Yeah.. I found it interesting they all went down when I've had Bloodthirsters put out far more damage often enough (and to more than just 1 target thanks to it's splashing MW ability) so I found it to be an interesting change.. maybe they're trying to just get more people playing Khorne and do better with them.

I'm alright with the changes, but I think people will still find faults in playing against them.. of course, I know that isn't my fault really.

• Haha 1