AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

Welcome to the new Flesh Eater Courts discussion thread!  Following on from the release of the second edition Age of Sigmar rules, this thread is the main thread to talk about all things related the Flesh Eater Courts allegiance of Grand Alliance Death.  For new players the Flesh Eater Courts are noble warriors from a bygone age who seek to protect their lands from invaders, to the rest of the Mortal Realms they're a rag tag army of cannibalistic ghouls who seek to kill and consume all before them

We do encourage people to create your own threads talking about your armies, home written fan fiction, conversions and paint jobs (not everybody frequents the painting forum), but this thread will be the central place to talk tactics, list building and general conversation and similar.  You all know the drill!

For easy reference, here's a link to the old Let's Chat thread, it still contains lots of gems of information!  http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/9445-lets-chat-flesh-eater-courts/

The following Warhammer Communities article is also worth a read: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/27/27th-may-faction-focus-flesh-eater-courtsgw-homepage-post-3/

• Chris Tomlin changed the title to AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

Super pumped for this, bought a bunch of FEC before first handbook and then put them in back burner due to summoning restrictions.

now it looks like in AoS2 they can play to the fluff coming on from all board edges to protect the glorious king

GKoZD double summon trait

GK

GK

3 * 10 ghouls

9 horrors / flayers 

7 bought command points 

Royal Family 

turn 1 you will have 9CP summon 4 extra GK (2 per summon) then 6 extra units of ghouls plus one summon for double varghulf.

obviously dependant on the double summoning trait working that way but if it does it will be very entertaining. Then save up CP during the game to replenish dead GK and get extra ghouls with each new GK. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reuben Parker said:

Super pumped for this, bought a bunch of FEC before first handbook and then put them in back burner due to summoning restrictions.

now it looks like in AoS2 they can play to the fluff coming on from all board edges to protect the glorious king

GK

GK

3 * 10 ghouls

9 horrors / flayers 

7 bought command points 

Royal Family 

turn 1 you will have 9CP summon 4 extra GK (2 per summon) then 6 extra units of ghouls plus one summon for double varghulf.

obviously dependant on the double summoning trait working that way but if it does it will be very entertaining. Then save up CP during the game to replenish dead GK and get extra ghouls with each new GK. 

Wow now thats a bold strategy 

I don't play FEC, but a friend of mine does, and when I saw some of the GHB2018 points, I was quite surprised. The King on foot was raised 20 points, and got 20 points you get a free unit of ghouls. That is insane. The GKs on Gheist and Dragon stayed the same and with summoning, they effectively got major points reductions. Anyone else feeling FEC got a major buff? Add in command points and endless spells, I'm starting to be a bit afraid of my Friend's future lists. 

Edited by Ar-Pharazôn
Mispelled something.

Yeah I think FEC got a lot better but remember a CP is “worth” 50 points so in some ways that unit of ghouls isn’t free. 20 point increase plus 50worth of CP it’s only a 30point discount on buying them in your list.

Then also consider FEC are over pointed on a lot of units 3 horrors or 5 blight kings both 160 points, ghouls are terrible points to save wound ratio and ghoul kings are decent but still expensive when you look at things like SCE heroes. 

I think for FEC to be competitive they need to summon more points onto the table than the opponent as their units just are not on the same power to points level as other armies. 

Yes, FEC got a push, not quite sure on the details, but there seems to be interesting combinations...

But on the other hand, FEC was in a pretty bad shape. Reduction of deathless minion range, ruler of the night revamp, almost no save to talk about, 10 ghouls for 100 points, almost no rend... 

still, i think v2 will bring interesting options and stirs up a lot of things , hype is real, preorder done

15 hours ago, Reuben Parker said:

GK

GK

3 * 10 ghouls

9 horrors / flayers 

7 bought command points 

Royal Family 

But I assume you can’t summon more than once with the General, as they stated that our command abilities will work only once per King...

Otherwise sounds really cool, the problem is that you have to buy 6 Ghoul kings on foot...

4 minutes ago, Glaurung said:

But I assume you can’t summon more than once with the General, as they stated that our command abilities will work only once per King...

Otherwise sounds really cool, the problem is that you have to buy 6 Ghoul kings on foot...

Well someone surely must have a bunch of spare GK via vampire zombie dragons!

Yeah need to see exactly how the summoning works and interacts with the double summon trait. I just love the idea of a huge summoning FEC list really fits with the fluff and gives a lot of tactical options. Yes the units are mainly chaff so will be forced to play a delaying / screening / board control game whilst the couple of good units in the list actually do some damage.

A tweak to to the original list would be to drop 3 horrors / flayers to add chrononmantic cogs and another 2 CP if playing with endless spells. 

Summon on table edge only needing a 7 to charge with re roll from delusion will be a big threat to weak units and casters. 

41 minutes ago, Reuben Parker said:

Yeah need to see exactly how the summoning works and interacts with the double summon trait. I just love the idea of a huge summoning FEC list really fits with the fluff and gives a lot of tactical options. Yes the units are mainly chaff so will be forced to play a delaying / screening / board control game whilst the couple of good units in the list actually do some damage.

A tweak to to the original list would be to drop 3 horrors / flayers to add chrononmantic cogs and another 2 CP if playing with endless spells. 

Summon on table edge only needing a 7 to charge with re roll from delusion will be a big threat to weak units and casters. 

I really like the list btw, I would love to use it... Hope GW does not FAQ it to death...

I was Also thinking about cogs, but I think you need those 3 horrors in the list...

I’ve actually thought about using empire and brettonian heroes for FEC heroes (with some blood and gore) as they see themselves as glorious warriors and knights. 

That is the route I went for. Here is my Ghoul King on foot.

315FEEE3-0E2E-4851-B28D-D31E01EF40AE.jpeg

• Like 6

The main weakness of chain summoning as a strategy (aside from the fact we don't know precisely what's been changed about the relevant Command Abilities and Traits yet) is that summoned units are at minimum size and there's no way to boost their numbers beyond that, which means they're always going to be in danger of getting wiped before you can heal them. Gonna be relying a whole lot on suicide charges.

Do you think a future unit for FEC could be cavalry? And how would they make it special other than "ghouls on zombie horses"?

Perhaps they could even make a dual kit to make either FEC cavalry or Blood Knights (though I'm not sure if GW will ever make cross allegiance kits for AoS).

Edited by kenshin620

After reading all the new rules previews I'm thinking about running the following list.

ghoul king on zombie dragon 

ghoul king on terrorghiest 

30 ghouls 

10 ghouls

10 ghouls 

6 crypt horrors 

6 crypt flayers

total 1980

then with every command point I get I'm just going to bring on a new Varghulf with the zombie dragon kings ability.

• Haha 1

I think we can only use each summon command ability once per game. So you could get one vargulf and one unit of flayers / horrors.  If double summon trait allows a double summon of the same you maybe be able to do one of those twice. 

We need to get full allegiance traits to know how it’s worded. 

I think we can only use each summon command ability once per game. So you could get one vargulf and one unit of flayers / horrors.  If double summon trait allows a double summon of the same you maybe be able to do one of those twice. 

******.  If that's the case, I am less interested in trying to ally one into a LoN list.

Edited by Lemon Knuckles
funny that c r a p is filtered.

2 hours ago, Reuben Parker said:

I think this is correct, on Episode 6 of the Stormcast podcast Ben Johnson said the Ghoul Kings' command ability would be a 1 time per game use.

I still wonder where this will be written at though, as others have stated the Alliance Ability page in the GHB for FEC has been seen with no mention of it there. Also the new Summoning section of the GHB has been seen and no mention there.  Where will this rule and the clarification on how the Attendants at Court battalion works be? In the rumored warscroll changes, an FAQ?  I want to get list building but we have a lot of uncertainty still.      

Edited by TheWilddog

I would imagine it will be in warscrolls. If they didn’t limit it would be super OP as you would just take loads of CP and spam summon flayers and vargulf.

if it worked that way

GKoZD

GKoTG

cogs

3*10 ghoul

16 CP. 

I think we all know it’s not going to be that way for us though :)

The 3rd paragraph under new edition section on the FEC focus article says the summons work once per GK.