AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

49 minutes ago, XReN said:

It really depends on what set up you have, but generally good battalions give you your battlelines, so Ghoul Patrol is universaly the most point efficient, for my personal preference King's Ghouls is second best because I love me some unbreackable ghoul brick. Deadwatch is good when you rock Infernal General or Blisterskin, any Horror battalions are good in Hollowmourne and with Haunter General, Menagerie is good in Gristlegore, Royal Mordants have one of the best abilities, but the least point efficient. And Royal Family is just meh, I feel it's more for 2500 points games where you have more points for courtiers and doesn't allow you to reduce your drops as much as other battalions.

With the recent discussion's I want to try something different. A battalion I haven't used and a GKoZD using Blisterskin. I'll more than likely be play testing this verse the new Sylvaneth book (if he has it), Beastmen, or Gloomgitz. 

Spoiler

Blisterskin

Leaders

Abhorrant Archregent - General

- Hellish Orator

- The Dermal Robe

- Deranged Transformation

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Zombie Dragon

-Miasmal Shroud

- Razor-clawed

-Eye of Hysh

Crypt Ghast Courtier

6x Flayers

20x Ghouls

20x Ghouls

6x Horrors

King's Ghouls

Challice of Ushoran

Extra Command Points: 2

Summons: More than likely going to summon two Varghulfs. One to support the Flayers and the other to Support the Horrors and Ghouls. 

Strategy: With the speed I would like to get the knights in the bubble of the GKoZD and go to town with "fearless" ghouls taking objectives as needed. 

I'm not really building my list against the people I am facing specifically, but hoping for more of a TAC list. I'll be the first to admit I am not the greatest at making lists and tend to go and do my own thing but hopes are I won't get crushed to bad. 

Thoughts?

PS This community is great and I am always grateful for the help! 

• LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Finklelord said:

Thoughts?

I like the diversity approach. Double varghulf summon should stabilize your troops and give you some needed heroes for  scenarios.

i‘m not sure if the 120 for Kings ghouls is really worth it, but drop reduction, CP and artifact ...

maybe 30/10 ghouls could be an idea, to have one aggressive unit, while one does boring stuff. With blisterskin + Transformation you should be pretty fast in changing the pressure on the board...

best of luck and

FOR THE LADY!!!

10 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Besides the previous list. 

Anyone else used to playing flesh eaters competitive at 1000p? 

If so, what do you play? 

I own pretty much everything so I can build alot of lists! 

I rarely play this format and since GHB19 you should clearify if you mean normal 1000 points or Meeting Engagements

But there is a tournament this Saturday that I might participate in and I'm thinking about something like this: 

Spoiler

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day

Leaders
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
- General
- Trait: Dark Wizardy 
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
Abhorrant Ghoul King (160)
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation

Battleline
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Endless Spells / Terrain
The Burning Head (30)

Total: 970 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 57

I'm going to summon Varghulf and another 10 ghouls and try to use the Burning Head for rerolls of 1 to hit for my Flayers (I also need an excuse to paint my endless spells and play with Flayers.)

And there is a 2nd list I'm thinking about that should blast opponent with MWs

Spoiler

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
- Artefact: The Grim Garland 
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
- General

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Horrorghast (60)
Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws (30)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 41

Summoning 2x3 Flayers and stacking bravery debuffs to scream opponent's troops to death.

What you guys think I should take? What you will be more interested in me trying?

5 minutes ago, XReN said:

I rarely play this format and since GHB19 you should clearify if you mean normal 1000 points or Meeting Engagements

But there is a tournament this Saturday that I might participate in and I'm thinking about something like this: 

Hide contents

Leaders
- General

Battleline
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Endless Spells / Terrain
The Burning Head (30)

Total: 970 / 1000

I'm going to summon Varghulf and another 10 ghouls and try to use the Burning Head for rerolls of 1 to hit for my Flayers (I also need an excuse to paint my endless spells and play with Flayers.)

And there is a 2nd list I'm thinking about that should blast opponent with MWs

Hide contents

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
- Artefact: The Grim Garland 
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
- General

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Horrorghast (60)
Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws (30)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Wounds: 41

Summoning 2x3 Flayers and stacking bravery debuffs to scream opponent's troops to death.

What you guys think I should take? What you will be more interested in me trying?

Just by looking at them both look fun! But I think i would want to know how the first list would fair in a tournament (and i have none of the endless spells you use in your second list) 🙄😆

Please share how the event went afterwards! Would love know.

9 hours ago, XReN said:

I am too scared of backfiring Endless spells 😅 I would go with list 1 and the horrorghast...

• LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, ReAnimate Studios said:

What was the nerf? I couldn't find it in the errata?

Gristlegore artefact - the one that you can attack first - just work when you charge. Besides this, GKoTG ramped up a bit in points!

It's still strong, but not as it used to be!

1 hour ago, Honk said:

I am too scared of backfiring Endless spells 😅 I would go with list 1 and the horrorghast...

It's kinda funny story, I bring Burning Head for Rerolls, so if my opponent hits me with it I pretty much don't care because I want it close to me, if he doesn't - he haven't dealt damage. (which in the first case will be easily negated by mustering)

14 hours ago, Honk said:

i‘m not sure if the 120 for Kings ghouls is really worth it, but drop reduction, CP and artifact ...

Honestly I am not thrilled about using the battalion, but I felt I needed less drops and an additional artifact. I wish there were more battalions that used Flayers, but I understand why. 

14 hours ago, Honk said:

maybe 30/10 ghouls could be an idea

That seems like a better idea. The times I played with 10 Ghouls they normally get ignored since I typically sit them near the throne/objective. 

So 3 games today at 1500 versus new Sylvaneth book.

Game 1 was cut short while still close but Game 2 and 3 went to the gnarlroot list. Minor Victory and Major Victory. 

While the Major Victory was littered with mistakes from both parties. Game 3 was a tie and went down to kill points and I had been tabled in the last turn. 

Have to say I struggled with low drops, having the larger drop Sylvaneth counter deploy against my Terrorghiest/ZD.

I tried to go hard against the double threat his army had, but the shooting from Dyrca and Hunters and counterpunch with reroll 1s on shooting and fighting were too much. 

I did whiff a little in Game 3 (failed charge with reroll on TG) have to say the new tree book was quite impressive. 

If you have any games against them please share any tips. I tried to deny forest space etc but seemed I just got whittled away at and the teleporting is so much more consistent now objective sitting seemed to never quite be enough if I didn't alpha and do something

Lists we ran

Spoiler

Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Trait: Magestic Horror 
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
- Mount Trait: Razor-clawed
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Battleline
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (180)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Chalice of Ushoran (50)
Corpsemare Stampede (70)

Total: 1440 / 1500
Wounds: 65
Throne and summons of 3 flayers and 1 infernal

2 games as this then subbed for 3rd game Terrorghiest with Ethereal Amulet

Versus

Spoiler

Allegiance: Sylvaneth
- Glade: Gnarlroot

Leaders
Drycha Hamadreth (320)
- General
- Deepwood Spell: Verdurous Harmony
- Companions: Colony of Flitterfuries
Spirit of Durthu (340)
Branchwraith (80)
- Artefact: Chalice of Nectar 
- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth
Branchwych (80)
- Deepwood Spell: Treesong

Battleline
10 x Dryads (100)
10 x Dryads (100)

Units
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (200)
- Greatbows
3 x Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (90)
- Allies

War Machines
Celestar Ballista (110)
- Allies

Endless Spells / Terrain
Gladewyrm (30)

Total: 1500 / 1500
Allies: 200 / 200
Wounds: 80

8 hours ago, Blisterfeet said:

but the shooting from Dyrca and Hunters and counterpunch with reroll 1s on shooting and fighting were too much. 

His list went for all the cheese (and only two bl), strong shooting and without the „old“ gristlegore gkotg even scary melee with the stupid spirit... and then ally in some more filth 🤣👍

And the gladeworm is pretty stuffed with cheddar too...

d3 MWs / d3 heals for 30 points

your list, after they wrecked the patrol, is very friendly. If you choose to cast an endless spell, you have to „not-cast“ your signature/ lore spells...

Hindsight is 20/20, but next time take the gloves off... 🥃😈👍

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Hey guys, i have a small question, of you play the Royal Menagerie Bataillon does a ghoul king on terrorgheist count for the battalion or do you have to take the terrorgheist/zombiedragon without the ghoul King?

The names aren't bold so it's warscroll names not keywords. Meaning they have to be without the ghoul king

4 hours ago, Honk said:

His list went for all the cheese (and only two bl), strong shooting and without the „old“ gristlegore gkotg even scary melee with the stupid spirit... and then ally in some more filth 🤣👍

And the gladeworm is pretty stuffed with cheddar too...

d3 MWs / d3 heals for 30 points

your list, after they wrecked the patrol, is very friendly. If you choose to cast an endless spell, you have to „not-cast“ your signature/ lore spells...

Hindsight is 20/20, but next time take the gloves off... 🥃😈👍

Haha yeah I think there was no malice in his list just wanted to try out new stuff and happened to be very strong new Dryca is a machine of range wounds.

I've always been wary of Gristlegore and running it but now I think it might be time to get the savage striking out. We have a doubles tournament later in the year so he will be on my side then 😂😂

• Haha 1

What do you think will be the new fec meta? Still gristlegore? Blisterskin? Or no Court and choosing your Traits? 

Which battalions are worth it? Or are battalions worth it? Im new to fec and want to know what to Build into. 

Edited by Erdemo86

5 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

What do you think will be the new fec meta? Still gristlegore? Blisterskin? Or no Court and choosing your Traits? 

Which battalions are worth it? Or are battalions worth it? Im new to fec and want to know what to Build into. 

Feast Day, +2 to cast AAR, at least for me it works.

Was discussed a page or two before, check battalion run downs there. Yes, they are worth it. 

Good luck with your lists

7 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

What do you think

I think blisterskin or feastday with infernal or similar, with AAR should be pretty tough for meeting engagements... same should work for horrors

at 2k I personally not sold on most battalions, deadwatch might be a think, don’t like ghoul patrol anymore without the extra ghouls

feast day with 2x6 flayers and a gkotg or gristlegore. AAR is still auto-include imo, the summoning and the extra spell is too valuable.

to play competitively, too many variables to make a define statement, you’ll have to be into the style and learn how to deal with your local victims 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XReN said:

Feast Day, +2 to cast AAR, at least for me it works.

Was discussed a page or two before, check battalion run downs there. Yes, they are worth it. 

Good luck with your lists

That Sounds good, i will try it. do you have a good 1000 points List you recommend?

Alrighty, I took 1st place on  local tournament today with 240 points total.

I used this list because I only managed to paint Burning Head before the event.

Spoiler

Leaders
- General

Battleline
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Endless Spells / Terrain
The Burning Head (30)

Total: 970 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

In first game we played Duality of Death,  after a turn of moving around my sylvaneth opponent got double turn and potatoed with Durthu when attacked my summoned Varghulf and a unit of Flayers, in retaliation my Flayers killed Treelord Ancient, my ghouls killed 5 revenants on the other flank, then my turn, killed Durthu, another 5 revenants and that was pretty much the game with my opponent having only 3 kurnoth hunters with bows that will be destroyed by Flayer deathball

Second game was Better Part of Valor against skaven, I gave him first turn, he rolled -1 to hit aura on screaming bell, moved a unit of rat ogors from one of his objectives, moved up with HPA, Bell and 40 giant rats, I summoned 20 ghouls to his empty objective, buffed flayers with +3 ferocious hunger and deranged, almost killed his bell, he had -2 to hit from Look Out and Bell aura, I got left with 2 flayers, then I got double turn, screamed Bell to death with Flayers, dented HPA, burnt his objective for 2. From there he had a bad double turn because 1 Flayer was still alive and he failed charges with HPA and Rat Ogors was forced to leave his objective with rat wolves burning it for 4 points, I burnt all of mine and started full retreat, so even with 1 objective worth of 8 points he won't be able to win agaist my 16 VPs, I also finished HPA and rat wolves

Third game I lost, Battle for the Pass against LoG with Necro, 30 Grimaghasts and 40/10 chainrasps, in the process I killed around 90 chainrasps and 60 grimghast, but he was sitting on objectives long enough so I couldn't catch up.

I still managed to complete every Hidden Agenda, it was Invasion in the first match, Slay in second and Defender in third. 

The burning head literally did NOTHING and I would have been better with additional CP.

Flayers can really kick ass even at -2 to hit, if well buffed. Varghulf was an MVP of the tournament as he singlehandedly destroyed 30 grimghasts and about 20 chainrasps in 3rd game, I had a double turn and first he got +3 to all attacks and +2 on claws from 10 enemy models within 3", in the next turn I buffed him to +4 on all attacks, what a legend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

21 minutes ago, ReAnimate Studios said:

Does "Deathless Courtiers" apply to all armies of is it on to armies chosen from certain courts?

Also the "all he surveys" rule, does this apply to ghoul kings on Zombie dragons/ Terrorgheist??

Screenshot_20190729-075919_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Deathless Courtiers applies to Flesh Eater Courts army regardless of Court/Delusion

Ruler of All He Surveys applies only to AAR and GK on foot

• Thanks 1