AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

9 minutes ago, Fluttershy said:

Q: In a Pitched Battle, Royal Terrogheists and Royal Zombie Dragons from a Gristlegore army are Battleline. Are they still counted Behemoths as well?

A: No.

😲 w00t?

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. That's absolutely gnarly!

5 minutes ago, lord_blackfang said:

But what is with that random Chalice nerf tho.

I don't think it's too bad. They still have to choose FEC units until all of the wounds are healed up. It's not like they get to ignore them.

Sure it's not perfect but you will still be healed!

1 minute ago, lord_blackfang said:

But what is with that random Chalice nerf tho.

i don't see a big impact instead of a mirror matching, the fec units are still getting healed/restored. the only "nerf" it's your opponent choosing wich of your units are effected.

conciderating Mirror matches - two chalice on the board both under control of 1 player, wow; double turns quadriple profit.. lol

Page 55 – Feeding Frenzy Change the first sentence of the rule to: ‘You can use this command ability in the combat phase after a friendly Flesh-eater Courts unit has fought for the first time in that phase and is wholly within 12" of a friendly Flesh-eater Courts Hero, or wholly within 18" of a friendly Flesh-eater Courts Hero that is a general.’

Does this change simply clarify/confirm that Deadwatch can use Feeding Frenzy even if they have fought in the Hero phase?  I can't see any relevant other changes to the text.

Just now, Metaphysicsofevil said:

Page 55 – Feeding Frenzy Change the first sentence of the rule to: ‘You can use this command ability in the combat phase after a friendly Flesh-eater Courts unit has fought for the first time in that phase and is wholly within 12" of a friendly Flesh-eater Courts Hero, or wholly within 18" of a friendly Flesh-eater Courts Hero that is a general.’

Does this change simply clarify/confirm that Deadwatch can use Feeding Frenzy even if they have fought in the Hero phase?  I can't see any relevant other changes to the text.

No, it's because some people thought the previous wording meant each unit could only use Feeding Frenzy once per game. Don't ask me why.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, lord_blackfang said:

No, it's because some people thought the previous wording meant each unit could only use Feeding Frenzy once per game. Don't ask me why.

Really!!!! I had seen some Qs regarding it only triggering the first time a unit fought in the game but didn't realise it had got to the point of needing a clarification.

Do you think, RAW, that  Deadwatch unit can now benefit from Feeding Frenzy even if it had previously fought in the Hero phase? I'm interested as I'm taking a Deadwatch batallion to my first game on Wednesday and want to make sure I'm understanding the rules correctly. 

I think they might just be trolling everyone who was calling for those two rules to be nerfed. I mean, my gaming group is already considering banning Gristlegore in tournaments we host. Apparently attacking twice with two GKoT’s before anyone else is just going too far. Our local Nagash players have already gone out and cleaned out all of the Start Collecting boxes from the FLGS. Lol.

• Haha 1

Everyone is focusing on Gristlegore/Monsters no-limit but the Morgaunt Grand Court ability to repop a unit hasn't been FAQ'ed. So basically and unlike the Hammers of Sigmar's one, you can spend as many CP as you like when you loose a unit and for each 4+ you create a clone unit identical to the one destroyed. That's brutal even if you setup it on the edge of the board.

• Haha 1

Just had a discussion with gaming group, is it clear that summoned units can use the grand court rules? They argue that the grand court rules are added after building the army but before you summon units. I think they should because it says in the summon unit text that they are added to the army, but there is some disagreement.

23 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

Too bad is only available on flailcast, not that big and expensive (compared to the rest of the army). (and honestly, really ugly compared to the other units)

The old metal one from the old Vampire Counts looks cool.  Wishing I had more than one.  That and a spare 60mm base, time to go rummaging through the bitz boxes.

Edited by Evil Bob

1 hour ago, NoobhammerN8 said:

I think they might just be trolling everyone who was calling for those two rules to be nerfed. I mean, my gaming group is already considering banning Gristlegore in tournaments we host. Apparently attacking twice with two GKoT’s before anyone else is just going too far. Our local Nagash players have already gone out and cleaned out all of the Start Collecting boxes from the FLGS. Lol.

Are you serious? WTF people? 

• Haha 1

sorry for bringing up that one again ;)

the new FAQ states

Q: If my general has the Savage Strike command trait, does it fight before Idoneth Deepkin units using the High Tide ability from the Tides of Death battle trait?

A: Yes. The High Tide ability does not say Idoneth units fight ‘at the start of the combat phase’; therefore, they fight after anything that is noted as fighting ‘at the start of the combat phase’.

their High Tide ability states they "fight before any other units in the combat phase".

AoSDeepkin-Apr9-TidesofDeath6jx11.jpg.89ed959e04c2888ee0fbafa839c02b4c.jpg

So isn't GW stating some kind of sequence here?

[at the start of the combat phase] - happens right before the combat phase and does not belong to the combat phase

[in the combat phase] - the combat phase itself

[at the end of the combat phase] - happen right after the combat phase and does not belong to the combat phase

If [at the start of the combat phase] would be (belong to) [in the combat phase] they would be able to attack first, doesn't they?

If their ability "fight before any other units in the combat phase" doesn't work why should feeding frenzy work [at the start of the combat phase]?

cph.jpg.a89ec1f266701d5303d4f948254fe5a9.jpg

Why wouldn't beginning and end of combat phase belong to combat phase?
It should have been called "start of the combat phase" phase and "end of the combat phase" phase then
Man I wish it was still Fantasy, no one ever been confused about Impact-ASF-Initiative-ASL-Stomp sequence, right? 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, NoobhammerN8 said:

Just had a discussion with gaming group, is it clear that summoned units can use the grand court rules? They argue that the grand court rules are added after building the army but before you summon units. I think they should because it says in the summon unit text that they are added to the army, but there is some disagreement.

So they don't apply also the battle traits and the delusion? Ok, I go to say it to the deamons, so as the revived units for the Stormcasts eternal, idem about the seraphons, and so on...

11 minutes ago, Fluttershy said:

sorry for bringing up that one again ;)

the new FAQ states

Q: If my general has the Savage Strike command trait, does it fight before Idoneth Deepkin units using the High Tide ability from the Tides of Death battle trait?

A: Yes. The High Tide ability does not say Idoneth units fight ‘at the start of the combat phase’; therefore, they fight after anything that is noted as fighting ‘at the start of the combat phase’.

their High Tide ability states they "fight before any other units in the combat phase".

AoSDeepkin-Apr9-TidesofDeath6jx11.jpg.89ed959e04c2888ee0fbafa839c02b4c.jpg

So isn't GW stating some kind of sequence here?

[at the start of the combat phase] - happens right before the combat phase and does not belong to the combat phase

[in the combat phase] - the combat phase itself

[at the end of the combat phase] - happen right after the combat phase and does not belong to the combat phase

If [at the start of the combat phase] would be (belong to) [in the combat phase] they would be able to attack first, doesn't they?

If their ability "fight before any other units in the combat phase" doesn't work why should feeding frenzy work [at the start of the combat phase]?

cph.jpg.a89ec1f266701d5303d4f948254fe5a9.jpg

Wha'ts the problem about it when it exist from the beginning of AoS about the Hero Phase and the Movement Phase the same?