AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

25 minutes ago, Jetengine said:

Its one of the things making me wary of starting the faction is the amount of big beasties needed. I've no problem with tons of Infantry or monstrous infantry but the Bats with their huge bases and wings look like a PITA to transport.

Well you could always go Blisterskin... You will need only 1-2 monster MAX. for 2000pts. And it is an amazing and strong list.

Well, just finished playing Fyreslayers at 750 (10 & 5 Hearthguard Berserkers, 10 Vulkite, Runefather and Grimwrath I think?) playing open war with what was essentially KttH but we place our own objectives within territory and it can be capped from any turn, not just T3.

Anyway, won't do full reports until 1k next week.. but 2 Archregents is pretty great, if anything for the 4 spells since we utilize realm spells. I ended up winning the game by getting the double on T2 and bringing in 3 Flayers to get his obj. from the 5 Hearthguard and the 20 Ghouls just went to town on everything else thanks to FF. His Grimwrath shredded the Varghulf and capped my objective.. but the best part of this game was him killing the 10-Ghoul unit, and then bringing them back thanks to the CA for Morgaunt and I got them within range of my objective to take back control, deciding the game.

1k list? Probably gonna go GKoTG, 2x AA and 2x10 Ghouls with Feast Day. Curious to see how it goes.

• Haha 1

On 5/18/2019 at 3:12 AM, Incineroar87 said:

New player thinking of getting into Flesh Eater Courts.   Are the Flesh Eater models thin and fiddly like the rest of death or are they more sturdier ? I didnt have a good time putting Spirit Hosts together lol

Pretty sturdy, ghouls have crouched poses and weight very little, so when they occassionally fall they just bouce around undamaged, KNIGHTS and Courtiers have thick limbs and even bones on the backs, so haven't had any issues with them either, if you drop a monster it will, of course, suck pretty badly, but nothing in the entire range can be broken under it's own weight. And I think the hardest to put together are ghouls, because they are small and thin, but not obnoxiously hard, just take your time with them

Edited by XReN

33 minutes ago, XReN said:

Pretty sturdy, ghouls have crouched poses and weight very little, so when they occassionally fall they just bouce around undamaged, KNIGHTS and Courtiers have thick limbs and even bones on the backs, so haven't had any issues with them either, if you drop a monster it will, of course, suck pretty badly, but nothing in the entire range can be broken under it's own weight. And I think the hardest to put together are ghouls, because they are small and thin, but not obnoxiously hard, just take your time with them

Thankyou so much.  I have big hands and struggled with nighthaunt so this was a huge worry.  Is the Abhorrant Archregent fiddley as well ?

2 minutes ago, Incineroar87 said:

Thankyou so much.  I have big hands and struggled with nighthaunt so this was a huge worry.  Is the Abhorrant Archregent fiddley as well ?

Not really, but he can snap of his ruin piece if dropped from the table, happened with mine - no damage to the model itself

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

Thankyou so much.  I have big hands and struggled with nighthaunt 

Glueing 120 Ghouls will test your dexterity and finesse to thy limits ... also fixating them on the bases. (Using super glue, not  plastic cement)

but after that, I just throw them into a bucket for transportation, never had trouble with them.

knights are a bit more fragile, and one or three wings have been ripped off during some fumbles, but the glue just snaps releasing the kinetic energy quite nice, no real damage done.

terrorgheisties is a bit more tricky, thanks to uppointed wingtips...they tend to get caught up in things, luckily pretty „sturdy“, but have snapped the wrist bond twice and one spike is a bit bend.

nothing compared to my 1995 skellis, which seem to throw off arms like little salamanders.

21 hours ago, Honk said:

nothing compared to my 1995 skellis, which seem to throw off arms like little salamanders.

OMG. That...freaking...kit. I tried to play undead as a youngster and I simply ended up with ranks of armless skeletons. I still find skeleton arms in my childhood bedroom at my parents' house. Lol.

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2019 at 5:53 PM, Masake said:

So guys - after many list building, lots of training and learning - I'm going to my first tournament with FEC!

It will be some sort of HOUSE RULE about list building. Something between Vanguard and Battlehost (1500pts / 3+ Battleline / 1-5 Leaders / 0-3 Artillery and Behemoth / 300pts Allies).

Planning on the following list and I'd like to hear your opinions:
Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Court: Delusion / Feast Day
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
Crypt Infernal Courtier (120)
- General
- Trait: Dark Acolyte

- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation

Battleline
3 x Flayer (170)
3 x Flayer (170)
3 x Flayer (170)

Battalions
Deadwatch (110)

Endless Spells
Chalice of Ushoran (40)
Chronomatic Cogs (60)

Summon
3 x Flayer 
20 x Ghouls 

Total: 1440 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 300
Wounds: 63

Summary
- Tried Blisterskin and Delusion Feast Day. The 10CPs plus the freely Artefact choosing and being able to have another Wiz with Dark Acolyte is to much for me in comparison with what Blister give me.
- I'd love to have more models in my Flayer unit. Having only 3 models is hard to capitalize those buffs and survive in order to being able to use Mustering abilities. But points don't let me get more, and I cannot see taking off the BATTALION and loosing the extra Artefact, extra CP (so its cost only 60pts for me) and the fewer Drops (it is a 3 Drop list).
- GKoTG Ethereal Amulet vs Gryph-feather Charm: Tried both, still not sure if GFC is the best option but the extra 1" move won me a couple of games.
- Archregent with Dermal Robe: Well, what else can I say - giving +1 cast to cast so I can get D3 Attacks and Cogs much easier is awesome.
- Chalice + Ghouls will be my Objective holder and some sort of TARPIT if need. That way I won't need some COURTIER for them.

Well guys - good news, won my local tournament with this list!

Like I said before, we had some house rules about the "list structure" - It is something between Vanguard and Battlehost. Besides this we had Hidden Agendas actives given 1 extra VP besides the 6 we got with major win. Besides this Realm Features and all Spell were activated.

It was only one day, 3 rounds and 10 Players (We have more players in our group, but this tournament had this limit). But, we had bunch of our best player participating in this tournament - so I dare to say it won't change the outcome of the event.

In the end of the day we had (remember only the best 4):
1st  - FEC (Myself)
2nd - Skaven (Plague Monks list)
3rd - Khorne (Mortal Khorne list)
4rd - IDeepkin (Heavy Eels list)

GAMES SUMMARY:

1st GAME - Stormacast Eternals - Border war
List: Evocators + Sequitors (Bunch of both)
1 - Gave him the 1st turn, my player made a few mistakes on protecting his Evocators with a Screen of Sequitors.
2 - On one side of the board, the less protected, I went aggressive with TG (Ferocious Hunger + Spectral Host) and with 1 unit of Flayers / Killed all Evocators, Bunch of Sequitors and almost Killed his Lord Arcanaum.
3 - On the more protect side of the board, went with flayers and just got more models in the objectives - din't force a fight so I can just get the objective.
4 - On his side, summoned 20 Ghouls to grab his objective that was protect by his weaker unit (5 sequitors in comparsion with the HUGE Blobs of Sequitors on the other fronts).
5 - Ghouls got a lot o points in his side / destroyed on side with his general and then wrecked hist other group in the reaming turns / Major win and all units destroyed.

2nd GAME - Flesh Eater - Escalation
List: Gristlegore with  Ghouls (My opponent decide to bring a few Ghouls to have a bit more models than pure Gristlegore)
1 - The Battleplan was huge deal for my opponent. This gave me and endge in this fight.
2 - Gave him the 1st turn, he Summoned Varghulf and Horrors closed to the center and moved the ghouls next to the center Objective. One TG stayed behind to protect his objective.
3.1 - My turn I pumped up 1 Flayer with a lot of buffs and destroyed his ghouls. Summoned one flayer to hold my objective and 20 Ghouls on his side to contest his objective against his TG
3.2 - Used my Flayers as Screen so if he won the Roll Off my only TG was protect from his monsters but I made in order that I stayed 18" from hist General TG so I could cast Miasmal Shroud / Casted Chalice on the center of the table so I could heal everyone.
3.3 - Positioned my Archregent in order to get in unbind range.
4 - Won the Roll-off, so Double Turn / He Screen was weak, so this turn pumped up my TG with buffs and destroyed his horros, Varghul and Archregent / Got Miasmal on his General (got the -1 to hit) / Got hist Objectives with my Ghouls.
5.1 - On hist turn he tried to destroy my Flayer Screen with his first set of attacks in order to use Feeding Frenzy to get closer to my TG
5.2 - Wasn't able to destroy it due to no buffs (Archregent was dead and I unbind what he tried to cast) and -1 to hit of Miasmal, so he spent his double attack just to destroy the Screen
5.3 - On my time to fight in his Combat Phase I could Pile in on his General with my TG who was buffed and Killed his general.
6 - From this point of the game it was easy to control, he had no more Heroes to buff his team, no more Ghouls to contest objectives and I still have a few Flayers, Archregent and my GKoTG.

3rd GAME - Idoneth Deepkin - Gift from Heavens
List: King + Eels (Heavy on Shock ones and a few more of the defensive one) and Hero to make them come from reserve.
1 - This time I choose first turn. The reason was to set-up a Sweet screen with a lot of buffs (His wizard was outrange to unbind). Summoned 20 Ghouls on my side to help the screen, buffed my TG and summoned 1 Flayer on his side far away from his units (The ones on board) to act as Decoy.
2 - He was afraid to come face my screen with his Eels because he couldn't deliver those mortal wounds and Fight with my main heroes. He would Waste everything on Screen and call my TG to fight with full life. So he just droped everything on hist side and killed my "Decoy" Flayer on his side.
3 - Our second Turn was spent just seeing where the Objectives would land (Both in front of the other - Good as I could concentrate all my forces in one side of the board) / We both just set-up Screens for the 3rd round (No casualties on both sides besides my 3 Flayers summoned).
4.1 - Won the initiative for the 3 round - could land all buffs on my TG (2 from Ferocious + CoGs that my TG used to Slow time and re roll saves + Unholy Vitality + Etheral Save from Spell Realm that was activated on the table)
4.2 - Manage to Kill his first line of Screen with Screams and Engaged him with all my 3 units of Flayers and my TG. Made the Charge in some sort of Arc Formation so His General couldn't Pile In my TG and in the same way got a few Damage Eels closed to Flayers, so the Pile In had to go in their directions.
4.3 - High Tides turn (I knew he had it but I thought he couldn't kill my main damage dealer - TG. He went all Eels attacks that could get in range of my TG plus the Shock and was only able to get my TG to half life.
4.4 - His others Eels + King only killed one Flayer unit. So in my turn, I had saved CP, I attacked twice with 2 units of Flayers + TG / 1 Flayer Double attack aiming his King, Mortal Wounds were amazing and I killed him / Other Flayer splited attack between his other hero and Eels - Killing this hero / TG wrecked his left Eels.
5 - From this point, those 2 rounds left. I Just managed to screen both objectives and hold it. I was a few points behind due to him having another drop from reserve (DoK allie) grabbing my home objective that I left unprotected. He knew that He had nothing left to make so he just hid his reaming units so I could make more killing points and so he could complete his hidden agenda.

TL:DR Summary / What worked:
1 - Only one GKoTG was risk, but I played safe just engaging in fights that I had a better chance of winning. Buffing him with Unholy Vitality + CoGs RR Saves are amazing for his survival.
2 - Bringing another Wizard with Dark Acolyte on my Infernal Courtier was amazing (Due to spells of realm being activate). Besides this I could control my casts and bait a few unbinds to buffs that I thought wasn't the important for the turn.
3 - Deadwatch Battalion was cool due to being Cheap, for the extra CP and bonus. The extra artefact was amazing as well, but the may winning buff it gave me was providing less drops. Deciding the first turn was KEY for all my victories.
4 - Summoning 20xGhouls were amazing So I could attack far away objectives without needing to engaging in fights with them. This diverged the attention of my opponent and made my threat came from many sides.
5 - Used my Summoned Flayer as Decoy and/or to hold my Home Objectives. Due to his good movement they were able to return to the fight quickly while a slow unit could take one extra turn.
6 - Chalice was only used one battle - against other FEC. But was one of the main reason I was able to win - for 40pts I would bring it again. If I had faced one of the Hordes list It would be much better than it already was.
What didn't worked:
1 - Blood Feast didn't. The low range and me playing safe with Archregent was the causes. Guess this Spell work better for a Heavy Ghouls list where my Archregent would be protect by it. I'd change this Spell for Spectral Host!

In the end it was amazing day - loved my list and thought I played with only a few mistakes each game. Still think Feast Day is better than most of Grand Courts - just losing for Gristlegore if you prefer going heavy on monster.

Any other question anyone have about my games, strategies of the list and commentaries few free to tag me!

Like always sorry for any English Mistakes - it was a long text and sometimes I miss some words!

Edited by Masake
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, XReN said:

How effective Blood Feast with it's short range was?

Was so happy with the win that forgot to mention it! Going to edit the text...

Well, it didn't worked! hahahahaha

When I was list building, I thought I would be more aggressive with Archregent! But when the game started, I saw that I had to stay far away in multiple occasions - Throne, Enemy Threat Range, choosing the Hidden Agenda to stay alive with a Hero with artefact, etc.

Now, after the game, it looks better in a Heavy Ghouls list where my Archregent will stay behind a huge 40models unit! Than it might work... maybe! ahahahaha

For this list I'd change it for Spectral Host if needed!

Edited by Masake

So just had my first game yesterday verses my friend who is playing Sylvaneth. We are both very new to AoS so we kept the game and lists small and simple. We went for 1000 points for what we both had/proxied. 

He had roughly (really bad with their names so bare with me):

Spoiler

Treelord 

Hunters x3

Dryads x20

Tree Revenants x10

Branchwych

And maybe another hero I don't really remember.

My list was:

Spoiler

Blisterskin

Abhorrant Archregent

Crypt Infernal Courtier

Flayers x3

Flayers x3

Flayers x3

Deadwatch

Throne

The Game:

Spoiler

let him go first so we could get closer to my line. 

Turn one he ran everything to hold the middle but left the Dryads to take a flank. 

My turn I flew forward and screamed. Summoning some Ghouls on his bare flank to harass. Two Flayer squads ended up charging the Hunters and Revenants and killed most of them with mortal wounds and feeding frenzy. 

Honestly the next few turns was just us beating each other up in the middle and I ended up tabling him.

What I learned from this game:

Spoiler

-Wow Flayers+Blisterskin are fast. You always run the math in your head, but once they hit the table they really "took to the skies". 

-Ferocious Hunger+Feeding Frenzy is insane (I even forgot about the Deadwatch ability so I could have done much more)

-Pumping out mortal wounds was the only way I could kill the Treelord guy. He had them hitting on a -1 which negated their mortal wounds in combat.

-Mustering is amazing and saved me so many times

-The lack of multi damage weapons hurts a little with larger wound models. Generally Feeding Frenzy took care of this.

-In an objective game I don't know if I will be able to hold them well enough. 20 Ghouls is nice but my small units and only being able to Muster with one guy will hurt (at the moment)

Next game we plan on bumping up to 1250 or 1500. I plan on adding a Ghoul King on Gheist and maybe bumping up the body count on the Flayers. I need to try some endless spells and Horrors at some point, but I am really loving the speed of this army. Really digging the low model count of this army too.

One question I had when moving up in points.  What is a good drop amount? I know we can get fairly low in drops, but is there drop amount we want to hover around? I was playing with the idea of a 5-6 drop at 2K but I don't know if that is a lot of drops or very little.

Thanks for reading and sorry if this was long! 

Edited by Finklelord

7 minutes ago, Finklelord said:

Pumping out mortal wounds was the only way I could kill the Treelord guy. He had them hitting on a -1 which negated their mortal wounds in combat.

I hope you are enjoying FEC... As my main army I think they are amazing.

One thing that I didn't understood about your text was the part that I quoted, about -1 and mortal wounds.

I might be understanding it wrongly, but were you talking about the hit of 6 from Flayers that give mortal wound? If so it is on unmodified roll of 6, so minus abilities doesn't impact it. Even if you have -3 to hit something, those 6 would still proc mortal wounds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Masake said:

One thing that I didn't understood about your text was the part that I quoted, about -1 and mortal wounds.

I might be understanding it wrongly, but were you talking about the hit of 6 from Flayers that give mortal wound? If so it is on unmodified roll of 6, so minus abilities doesn't impact it. Even if you have -3 to hit something, those 6 would still proc mortal wounds.

Ah! I did not know that! I was understanding it as "if no modifiers are applied" situation. Good to know! 

2 minutes ago, Finklelord said:

Ah! I did not know that! I was understanding it as "if no modifiers are applied" situation. Good to know! 

But in the same manner, if you have some buff that give you plus to hits, it would still only proc on 6.

There are few abilities that proc on "6+ // 6 or more" when it's written this way, than it worked as your were using ... Minus to hosts make it impossible to proc and plus to hits make it easier to proc.

5 hours ago, Finklelord said:

What is a good drop amount?

Best is one single drop, your ability to dictate turn order gets less with each extra drop 🥳

it‘s not that big of s deal, but double turns are really strong and especially against our regeneration abilities (the chalice helps a bit, if it isn’t unbinded).

your expansion plans are solid, the gkotg is great fun (not so much for your opponent) and bigger flayer units makes them more resilient and prevents wipe out.

since you’re playing blisterskin, some CPs for feeding frenzy never hurt

• Like 1

Hey my fellow kings! I have a game against a nighthaunt player tonight in our AoS league (never played against them) and I'm a little nervous about the game. We're in Shyish with Life Leeching as the feature (good for both of us). The battleplan is Gifts from the Heavens. This is the list I'm taking, but what are your recommendations on how to use it? Normally I don't mind going into a game a little unsteady, but this player is notoriously good and we're getting close to playoffs:

- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day

Leaders
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
Abhorrant Ghoul King (140)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
- General
- Trait: Cruel Taskmaster 

Battleline
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
3 x Crypt Horrors (160)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)

Battalions
Abattoir (120)

Total: 1920 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 100

I know that the horrors not having rend plays to my benefit for NH, and the high damage characteristic is also going to help. Any bravery hijinks I usually rely on won't do much ( I usually run Grim Garland on one GKoTG). My list is pretty much set based on my collection, so it all comes down to how I play it. 

Help!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheBluMnM said:

Hey my fellow kings! I have a game against a nighthaunt player tonight in our AoS league (never played against them) and I'm a little nervous about the game. We're in Shyish with Life Leeching as the feature (good for both of us). The battleplan is Gifts from the Heavens. This is the list I'm taking, but what are your recommendations on how to use it? Normally I don't mind going into a game a little unsteady, but this player is notoriously good and we're getting close to playoffs:

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King (140)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
- General
- Trait: Cruel Taskmaster 

Battleline
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
3 x Crypt Horrors (160)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)

Battalions
Abattoir (120)

Total: 1920 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 100

I know that the horrors not having rend plays to my benefit for NH, and the high damage characteristic is also going to help. Any bravery hijinks I usually rely on won't do much ( I usually run Grim Garland on one GKoTG). My list is pretty much set based on my collection, so it all comes down to how I play it. 

Help!

Can you change small pieces of your list? Or is it immutable and you just need hints for how to use it?

The list is stuck for this round (I brought my army with me to the office), but I could always consider changes for next round! Also I could switch up artifacts or Spell Lores. Also I typically summon 10 ghouls, 3 horrors and 3 flayers (for some mobile speedbump response) 

1 minute ago, TheBluMnM said:

The list is stuck for this round (I brought my army with me to the office), but I could always consider changes for next round! Also I could switch up artifacts or Spell Lores. Also I typically summon 10 ghouls, 3 horrors and 3 flayers (for some mobile speedbump response) 

So, here is my opinion!

1 - If possible, change Ghoul King to Archregent! He is amazing and bring a lot to FEC army.
2 - When playing with Horrors, GKoZD is a good idea. His Re-Roll Wounds make your horrors proc more 3 Damage hits. For me it is the only case where GKoZD is debatable as good as GKoTG.
3 - Usually is best to go for 10 Ghouls or 40 Ghouls in the unit. 20 Is not a lot of models to make it survive a good opponent attack, so it is better going only 10 to do some screens, zone denial and capturing objectives far away from battle.
4 - For this low ghouls list, I would't bring the ghast, besides you don't need him for any battalion. If you want to improve the regen of your list you could go for more versatile concepts like Summoning Varghulf (Can revive any unit) and/or Chalice (Can Heal GKoTG/ZD and/or Revive Ghouls if needed).
5 - Artefacts and Mount Trait are perfect for me. The only thing I'd change is the Blood Feast in the 1st TG - Feast is hard to cast and sometimes is not that reliable to heal. I'd prefer using Miasmal, it is easy to cast and it is pretty decent (percentage wise) to give an unit -1 to hit. What in the end will make your 1st TG -2 to hit (Use against a high damage unit and engage it with this TG).
6 - JUST LOVE FEAST DAY... tried playing Blisterskin and I still prefer Playing my list structure as it was Blister but with Feast Day (Deadwatch and Flayers Heavy).

For tonight game - where you cannot change your list. Just remember that NH is EXTREMELY DEPENDENT on its heroes. If you could burst it with TG, as soon their screen get loose, it will be an easy win.
Be careful to not getting wrapped in their TARPIT with almost Eternal Revive... he will be better controlling objectives! Try to use the Flayer summon to hold your far way objective since it is your fastest summon unit and could easily return to battle ASAP.

I guess that is all, good luck on your game!

• Like 2

Alright everyone, quick bit of advice needed if possible. I have my 1k list for this week done, but I'm being really swingy when it comes to my 1250 list for next week. I'll list the floating ideas down below... feel free to criticize and point out something obviously better all around that I may be missing. Most likely matchups are going to be Seraphon, Tzeentch, Khorne and Fyreslayers, maybe Nurgle or DoK as well. I have some extra thoughts under each, so let me know what you think.

GKoTG + GKoZD:

Spoiler

Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Dark Wizardy 
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Zombie Dragon (440)

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Total: 1240 / 1250
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 55

If I had another GKoTG painted I would bring it and grab that extra CP, but I don't. I decided on Feast Day as this will be CP heavy with the summoning and not starting with an extra really has me worried.

Blisterskin\Flayers:

Spoiler

- Grand Court: Blisterskin

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Hellish Orator 
- Artefact: Eye of Hysh 

Battleline
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
3 x Crypt Flayers (170)

Total: 1230 / 1250

Again, no starting CP so I would be banking on the trait generating some. I have a chalice but can't find much room for it in any list, unfortunately.

Ghouls:

Spoiler

Leaders
- General

Battleline
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)

Total: 1200 / 1250
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 68

Now for this I'm a little stuck between feast day and just running Morgaunt as I have been doing. The likeliest idea here would be to summon in 2x3 Flayers and a Varghulf to put where needed. In my head I see the GKoTG + Flayers doing most of the work while Ghouls take objectives, but Ghouls have been putting in a lot of work so far.

Edited by Gwendar

10 hours ago, Gwendar said:

Alright everyone, quick bit of advice needed if possible. I have my 1k list for this week done, but I'm being really swingy when it comes to my 1250 list for next week. I'll list the floating ideas down below... feel free to criticize and point out something obviously better all around that I may be missing. Most likely matchups are going to be Seraphon, Tzeentch, Khorne and Fyreslayers, maybe Nurgle or DoK as well. I have some extra thoughts under each, so let me know what you think.

GKoTG + GKoZD:

Reveal hidden contents

Leaders
- General
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Zombie Dragon (440)

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Total: 1240 / 1250
Wounds: 55

If I had another GKoTG painted I would bring it and grab that extra CP, but I don't. I decided on Feast Day as this will be CP heavy with the summoning and not starting with an extra really has me worried.

Blisterskin\Flayers:

Reveal hidden contents

- Grand Court: Blisterskin

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Hellish Orator 
- Artefact: Eye of Hysh 

Battleline
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
3 x Crypt Flayers (170)

Total: 1230 / 1250

Again, no starting CP so I would be banking on the trait generating some. I have a chalice but can't find much room for it in any list, unfortunately.

Ghouls:

Reveal hidden contents

Leaders
- General

Battleline
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)

Total: 1200 / 1250
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 68

Now for this I'm a little stuck between feast day and just running Morgaunt as I have been doing. The likeliest idea here would be to summon in 2x3 Flayers and a Varghulf to put where needed. In my head I see the GKoTG + Flayers doing most of the work while Ghouls take objectives, but Ghouls have been putting in a lot of work so far.

Hello fellow FEC player... going to give my humble opinion about your lists and what I'd choose in your place:

1st LIST:
- Playing 2 Behemoths is at the same time strong and weak in small games. You must play very careful in order to control the game and do not lose by points.
- Movement impairing skills, tarpit, reviving spell, all those things will make you cry! So choose wisely what to kill.
- This list would be much stronger playing 2 TG. Changing your artefact for something like Gryph Feather Charm on the TG with mount trait (you don't need that much CP as Feast Day)... Besides this you would have 1200pts on your list what will give you one extra CP.

2nd LIST:
- Love the units and concept of this list. High movement, being able to make a better board control than the first.
- I'd change Blisterskin for Feast Day. Make your infernal Courtier General (You can go for the re roll mustering or Dark Acolyte for the plus1 Attack Spell to combine with Archregent D3 attacks).
- Same as above, give a proper Artefact for the GKoTG.

3rd LIST:
- About Ghouls, usually is better going 10man or 40man models. 20 or 30 is not enough to make them survive until next Hero Phase. You could go for 40man units + 10man units.
- Trying to bring 1 Ghast is good. One more hero to muster and to given them Auras (ward save and feeding frenzy). With your summon you can bring 1 Varghulf to help with this muster).
- When playing Ghouls, always try to bring Chalice. If you take one opponent Double Turn Chalice is what is going to prevent your ghouls units to being wiped out.
- With Chalice + Ghast + Varghulf this 40Ghouls unit you hold an objective long enough to make you win the game.

MY LIST:
- Making the changes I told above, I think all lists are awesome.
- The 1st one may be trick to play against certain enemies and you must be careful, but 80% of your games will be like "walking in a park", but 20% will be hard.
- The 2nd list is the most balanced for me. You have models, high mobility and raw power. It won't have easy games like the first one, but all games will be in the same level.
- The 3rd list has the same problems as the first one. I think against a few enemies that could SNIPE your Ghast and Varghulf, you would lose the foundation of what make it great - mustering.

In the end it will depend on your current meta, power level of players and your style! I won a tournament last week playing with an list that look like Blisterskin (Infernal General and mass Flayers) but as FEAST DAY. It was amazing, even being able to won against other FEC playing Gristlegore.

Good luck on your game!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys,

beginner Flesh-Eater player here. I apologized if this was already answered, but I could not find a reply anywhere:

If I give my Crypt Haunter Courtier General the Dark Acolyte trait, can he use Flesh Eater endless spells or not?

I am aware that the Spells say "only Nagash and ABHORRENTS", but at the same time the trait says "cast spells in the same manner as an ABHORRANT GHOUL KING", even though the courtier obviously does not get the keyword.

I would very much appreciate your help! 😉