AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

2 hours ago, Mikelomba said:

What u think of this

Whoever thought going against FEC at 1.5k with only 2 battleline is a good idea, will probably think otherwise afterwards 😅👍

tricky to score objectives, but the list is fast enough for concentrated damage

• Like 1

Hey guys i have a gt coming up and was thinking of this list, man idea is ghoul kings on foot suppon more ghouls, archregent summons ghoul courtier, then terrorghiests summon flayers, thoughts?

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Gristlegore
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- Lore of Madness: Monstrous Vigour
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
- General
- Trait: Savage Strike 
- Artefact: Ghurish Mawshard 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak 
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
- Mount Trait: Razor-clawed
Abhorrant Ghoul King (140)
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (180)

Endless Spells
Chalice of Ushoran (40)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Cadaverous Barricade (30)

Total: 1890 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 77
  • LOVE IT! 1

21 minutes ago, Connelj2 said:

thoughts

List looks sick... but like kenshin620 said, missing a ghast 🙀

need to throw out a king, which leaves you with 90 points scratching the barricade to maybe ramp up one unit of ghouls to 20

I can understand the ghoul patrol. Summoning a varghulf with 2x3 knights and another 10 serfs, crazy mobile list

Edited by Honk

Oops i was playing with a royal court list before settle on this this is the new list with suggestions i now have 20 points left should i take another endless

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Gristlegore
Mortal Realm: Ulgu
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- Lore of Madness: Monstrous Vigour
- General
- Trait: Savage Strike 
- Artefact: Ghurish Mawshard 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak 
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
- Mount Trait: Razor-clawed
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
Ghoul Patrol (180)
Chalice of Ushoran (40)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 1880 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 87

I would like somebody to please clarify the rule of Corpsemare Stampede spell. When it refers to 'wounds characteristic of a unit', is this the total wounds, the average wounds per model or some other factor? For example, if it rode through a unit of 10 ghouls and then a unit of 3 flayers would I automatically deal 5 mortal wounds to the ghouls and then roll 5 dice for the flayers wounding on 4? 

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by ByronicHero

34 minutes ago, ByronicHero said:

I would like somebody to please clarify the rule of Corpsemare Stampede spell. When it refers to 'wounds characteristic of a unit', is this the total wounds, the average wounds per model or some other factor? For example, if it rode through a unit of 10 ghouls and then a unit of 3 flayers would I automatically deal 5 mortal wounds to the ghouls and then roll 5 dice for the flayers wounding on 4? 

Thanks in advance. 

They usually refer to the original wound characteristic. I think very few damaging spells or abilities rely on the remaining wounds. (though I could be wrong)

5 hours ago, ByronicHero said:

For example, if it rode through a unit of 10 ghouls and then a unit of 3 flayers would I automatically deal 5 mortal wounds to the ghouls and then roll 5 dice for the flayers wounding on 4? 

The rules are pretty clear:

cast it on a 7,

set up 3d6“ away,

move the spell 14“,

if it passes across a unit (or more),

roll 5 dice for that unit (or each),

You have to roll HIGHER than the wound characteristic to cause 1 mortal wound to that unit (ghouls on 2+, knights on 5+),

if you roll a 6, you deal d3 MW, whatever the wound characteristic (even a terrorgheist)...

Those are the rules...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

They usually refer to the original wound characteristic. I think very few damaging spells or abilities rely on the remaining wounds. (though I could be wrong)

Okay, thanks. 

39 minutes ago, Honk said:

The rules are pretty clear:

cast it on a 7,

set up 3d6“ away,

move the spell 14“,

if it passes across a unit (or more),

roll 5 dice for that unit (or each),

You have to roll HIGHER than the wound characteristic to cause 1 mortal wound to that unit (ghouls on 2+, knights on 5+),

if you roll a 6, you deal d3 MW, whatever the wound characteristic (even a terrorgheist)...

Those are the rules...

Indeed, though my main query was regarding what 'wound characteristic' meant. I believe I now understand. 

Thanks both for the help. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ByronicHero said:

Indeed, though my main query was regarding what 'wound characteristic' meant. I believe I now understand. 

Games workshop is not known for their communication skills.  The girth of the errata is testament to that.  So checking the errata and with others is always a good idea.

I am of the mindset that the Gristlegore Monster Mash is too gimmicky.  There are armies that will shut it down (new Fyreslayers spring to mind) and you're basically putting all your eggs in one basket.  I did like the Gristlegore Ghoul Patrol list though that didn't go monster mash that's floating around occasionally (it's like two kings on monsters, Archregent, 40/10/10 or something ghouls, Ghoul Patrol).  Personally, I like Hollowmourne and Blisterskin because I really enjoy Flayers and Horrors.  Feast Day does seem really good but I have hangups on making a courtier the general, sadly.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Evil Bob said:

Games workshop is not known for their communication skills.  The girth of the errata is testament to that.  So checking the errata and with others is always a good idea.

If I can't find a replicated answer that seems suitably authoritative I always prefer to ask. Sure I sound like a noob, but that's fine with me because I am one. Is there somewhere specific that I can be sure to find the most accurate erratas and such?

17 minutes ago, Honk said:

Google: AoS FAQ pdf

it should lead to a warhammer-community website...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/

BLAAAAAHHHMMMOOO!!!

Thanks. 

And a final question, as I know you enjoy them so much: I have just noted the 'Deathless Courtier' ability in the Battletome. When I was being shown how to play this didn't come up at all despite there being situations where it could have. This may however have been due to the reduced complexity of the game we were playing. So, is this an ability that all FEC armies have irrespective of the court they choose? 

Edited by ByronicHero
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ByronicHero said:

So, is this an ability that all FEC armies have irrespective of the court they choose? 

Yes, it is the deathless minion save of the undead...

after failing your save, your unit would take x damage. If the unit is WHOLLY within 12“ of a FEC hero (it is of course within its own radius) you can ignore that damage on a roll of 6. if models are outside the 12“ rule you can kill them off first and roll for deathless for the rest.

f.e. a horror punches himself in the face. 4+ to hit, 3+ to wound... now it tries to save with armor (5+) fails. Gets 2 dmg. Luckily a king is standing within 12“, so he gets an extra save 6+ for the damage, roll 2 dice, (4;6) one successful, looses only 1hp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Honk said:

Yes, it is the deathless minion save of the undead...

after failing your save, your unit would take x damage. If the unit is WHOLLY within 12“ of a FEC hero (it is of course within its own radius) you can ignore that damage on a roll of 6. if models are outside the 12“ rule you can kill them off first and roll for deathless for the rest.

f.e. a horror punches himself in the face. 4+ to hit, 3+ to wound... now it tries to save with armor (5+) fails. Gets 2 dmg. Luckily a king is standing within 12“, so he gets an extra save 6+ for the damage, roll 2 dice, (4;6) one successful, looses only 1hp

That makes sense, thanks again. Seems pretty nice to be able to be able to save 1/6 of ghoul wounds. Slightly better chance of keeping the 10 man units alive for Vargulf and Chalice. 

• Thanks 1

I was thinking today. In my 1200 point army which was going to include 1 ATGOGK, 1 AAR, 6 horrors, 20 ghouls and a couple of spells, what are the downsides to taking AGKOTG, 2 x 10 ghouls and 3 AAR who all run up to the throne and summon whatever I need. I am essentially trading the 2 endless spells for 2 wizards and the ability to choose the units I want for whatever I am against. I also lose some initiative due the units not coming in until the end of turn 1, but I wonder if that is countered by the ability to deploy near any edge. I am sure this isn't an original thought. 

• Haha 1

So- a question to all the FEC players. It has come to the attention of the community that FEC are rather good. 

It seems inevitable that they will get some attention in the upcoming FAQ. Unfortunately GW has been known to be rather heavy handed when it comes to dealing with dominant armies. 

So how would you take the edge of FEC but still keep them as a strong army capable of winning tournaments?

2 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Wait what did they change about DoK? 😜

Beastclaw raiders,  bonesplittas,  tzeentch and KO all got nerfed excessively. I thought it might be interesting to hear the opinion of people who play the army. Also Dok will almost certainly get some points changes in ghb 2019.

7 hours ago, Chikout said:

So how would you take the edge of FEC but still keep them as a strong army capable of winning tournaments?

Nothing, they will bring future lists more in line with them. The power disparaty will be a temporary thing as GW calibrate the game to level they want it at. They're still finding a comfort level as comparatively the game is very new.

So- a question to all the FEC players. It has come to the attention of the community that FEC are rather good. 

It seems inevitable that they will get some attention in the upcoming FAQ. Unfortunately GW has been known to be rather heavy handed when it comes to dealing with dominant armies. 

Make Savage Strike one use per battle, no other FEC list is as hard to counter as Gristlegore (Usually when I play it half of the opponent's army just leg it when they see my general approach because it's close to impossible to kill him in melee) So nerfing SS would be the only way to put FEC in line without crippling other builds IMO

• Like 1

It has come to the attention of the community that FEC are rather good. 

Don’t really know about that, they are still overpriced naked crazies... most of it looks pretty good and playable, with the classic power creep expected for a new book.

(Khorne looks brutal and the new naked slayers...)

18 minutes ago, XReN said:

no other FEC list is as hard to counter as Gristlegore

There are some serious synergies with ferocious hunger, gruesome maw, savage strike and feeding frenzy, unfun synergies. Sometimes wonder who designs those rules, because there seems to be something broken in every book.

best counter against the munch-king seems to be a serious gunline...or a hand of dust portal. But what about shootcast or DoK ?! 

The discussion tags along the basic „what type of game do we want to play“ line. Top tier tournament vs fluff 'n fun...

if I field a working Nagash list or other filth, my opponents know