AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

12 minutes ago, Craze said:

smash golden ballistae.

Just saw a batrep from rerolling 1s where the stormcast dude summoned in like 4 ballista, ordinator guy and kinda 7 longstrikes... totally bonkers!!!

Poor Nagash got shredded

Our small Tournament will not be like super competitive, with people trying to ruin other peoples lives, so I do not think mass ballistae will be a thing. ;)

That is also the reason, why I do not want to play Gristlegore Monster Fiesta or 24 Flayers. :D

I like Horrors and want to field a sizeable number of them, which is how I came to my list, even if this means, that they are not super effective against e.g. SCE.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Craze said:

Our small Tournament will not be like super competitive, 

Well, you either bring a gkotg with gruesome maw, who will eat everything... or you will field a gkozd who will make your horrors reroll to hit and to wound within a 30“ bubble...so better expect an ordinator with two ballista. 

But FEC can be downplayed quite a bit without ruining the fun (and making it too obvious). Take 9-3 horrors, charge on a broad front and cast ferocious hunger on the small unit or your ghouls... that should spread out the damage nicely and preserve the fun for everyone. I don’t know if there really is a unit, that could survive/stay a threat after hunger and frenzy from a gkotg or 6 horrors rerolling (maybe max. Stabbas)...

Edited by Honk
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I mean, I will not cripple the army artificially, but I also do not want to field a minmaxed optimum of a list. 

I like the TG and Horror models and I will field them and also like a large blob of footsoldiers, so I also want Ghouls, but I will definetly want to optimize under these  assumptions and I think that the Feast Day option is much better than Hollowmourne, as it allows to choose good Artifacts/Command Trait

• LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Honk said:

Two Gheists or not two Gheists that is the question. Whether it is nobler in the mind to suffer...

the gkotg is a suicide rocket, while the gkozd brings his awesome buff spell. Also the dragons summoning is a buffing hero instead of a small unit of suicide crazies.

depending on the opponent, I would tend to first take a gkotg, because the obscene damage, then the dragon for his buffs. And his damage is nothing to sneeze at either...

Same is said about double gkotg list... hide behind something (charnel throne) cast cogs , summon in the knights to attack the cannons.

if your opponent has good positioning, your screwed... ally in some bats or something 

I always take at least 1 GKoTG with Ethereal Amulet - I think this combo brings so much RAW Power and Resilience that is crazy not to take!

But, for my 1500pts list, I'm always thinking about the 2nd GKonSomething... Should I go for another TG so I can split my RAW Power in two different flanks of battle? Should I stick with ZD and play more passive, buffing my Knights and Courtier that came from Summon.

For my list,  the other aspect of this decision is having CHALICE or not! With the 40 less points from ZD to TG I can have the chalice and add more ways for returning Ghouls and/or Healing units!

Las game I played I found that, between 4 rounds, I was able to activate MALEFIC HUNGER (ZD) just one turn and, even in this turn, I couldn't have many units inside his bubble aura! Missed 2 times the cast and got unbind 1 time... So It made me think a lot more about him!

Doubts, Doubts and more Doubts!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XReN said:

What list are you runing and what you have in mind?

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Court of Delusion: Feast Day 
Mortal Realm: Shyish
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- Trait: Dark Wizardry
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host

10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Chalice of Ushoran (40)

Charnel Throne

Total: 1400 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 2

This is my list after playing a few games with ZD in the place of the 2nd TG and without Chalice.

Summons usually being 1 Varghulf and 2x3 Knights (Tried a lot of Horrors but I might stick with Flayers in 90% of the cases).

• LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Masake said:

This is my list after playing a few games 

Some minor things....you got gruesome bite twice, maybe take frenzied flesh eater as trait on the second instead of dark wizardry and maybe blood feast as a third spell.

list looks brutal af

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Honk said:

Some minor things....you got gruesome bite twice, maybe take frenzied flesh eater as trait on the second instead of dark wizardry and maybe blood feast as a third spell.

list looks brutal af

Indeed I took Gruesome Bit (Mount Trait) twice when I should only have one, unless playing with battalion to take the 2nd - dammed you Copy Paste!

The Dark Wizardry Warlord Trait on my Abhorrant is to help me cast some must have spells for the following situation:
- If my Alpha Strike is needed / CoGs Speed Time for +2" charge.
- If I need my GKoTG to survive a burst damage / CoGs Slow Time for re-rolling SAVES.
- If I need a boost on my movement in order to capture some Objectives or Fight a singular Fight / Spectral Host casted on a GKoT for a 20" or 22" with Cogs move + Charge
- Ferocious Hunger is always good, and not that easy to Cast. So +1 Cast help.
- The bonus for unbind is very welcome due to the number of wizards we have in this game.

About spell lores:
- Bonestorm: BAD - nothing I can discuss
- Spectral Host: I think it is amazing, save my ass when I needed to grap an far away objective.
- Mounstrous Vigor: Other option that I tested, my feeling is that the GKoTG don't lose a lot of power in his DAMAGE TABLE. So I thought it wasn't worth.
- Miasmal Shroud: Easy to cast, and in my tests it was really reliable to give something the -1hit (-1 hit and wound is just pure luck).
- Deranged Transformation: If I was using Flayers/Horros as my main Damage Dealers I would sure grab it! But in my list they are only summons to dish some damage and to make my opponent life harder.
- Blood Feast: If not using Chalice I'd be more willing to have it. But the short range, to have it on my abhorrant, and hard to cast usually make me not like it - Maybe my 2nd GKoTG could have it for healing itself, but I guess Chalice + Royal Blood is enough.

So - as Spectral Host I only use it in emergency situations, I like to give it to my Abhorrant with +1 to cast (Maybe closer to Arcane Terrain for a sweet +2). The short range is bad, but I only need to use in those cases where I'm far deeper in my territory, so the range is not problem.

Both my GKoTG will always attempt to cast UNHOLY Vitality, so I need a 2nd spell for the 2nd TG cast. If blood feast was easy to cast (Value 7 is hard), I'd be tempt to have it on my TG, but is not the case, so I prefer an easy spell - like MIASMAL - that could debuff and damage the enemy at the same time!

But I'm still testing a lot of situations... maybe my thoughts could change in the next weeks.

Edited by Masake
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

24 minutes ago, Masake said:

If I need my GKoTG to survive a burst damage / CoGs Slow Time for re-rolling SAVES.

That is the most stupid brilliant idea ever!!! Never thought of that... tricky to set up, but funny nonetheless 

10 minutes ago, XReN said:

I really like your write up on spells, I've been strugling with Vigor and Feast, now I'll try your approach!

Glad to hear that you liked!

Well... about VIGOR is what I said, I don't think it is worth due to the fack the the TG have almost the same power full and low life! It is still good, and probably would be in my list if I had one more wizard - like a situational Spell to make mt GKoTG back to full move (For me it is its main advantage).

The feast might work for a heavy Ghouls list, you could have Mustering + Feast + Chalice turning a 40sized Ghoul Unit a pain in the ass to deal with! So I can see its power in some combinations! But, for the Elite route I prefer, some sort of "My own Gristlegore" - it is not that BAD. Both GKoTG and/or GKoZD can cast only one spell and we have better options. An abhorrant is slow to follow thous flying beasts, and the hard Cast is not that reliable to something that you can be comfortable with!

2 minutes ago, Honk said:

That is the most stupid brilliant idea ever!!! Never thought of that... tricky to set up, but funny nonetheless 

Usually what I do is - cast the Cogs with an Abhorrant Arcregent, far awaya from enemis unbind. Cast it in the maximum range - 12" - aiming for the middle of the table, where usually my GKoTG are, than - my GKoTG can manipulate it (Don't need to be the same wizard to cast and manipulate), he only need to be within 9".

Well... With 2 Casts I can Buff Unholy Vitaliyy for the extra 5+ after save, and debuff my target with MIASMAL (Extra cast due to COGS). The re-roll SAVE will stay with my GKoTG until next hero phase, I DON'T NEED TO STAY 9" from cogs to have it, just in the time that I activate it (Hero Phase).

Now I can move, 14" - enter in a high treat combat (Usually when I need to face 2 high damage units closer to each other)! In that case I only go with the GKoTG that has the Ethereal Amulet.

Well.... Summary, 4+ unmodified SAVE, Re-Roll all failed save, 5+ after save and last 6+ after save! Plus chalice, that I could cast to heal me in the end of the phase!

Manage to deal with Durthu + Kurnoths and finish the fight with both Dead and my TG full life!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Masake said:

Miasmal Shroud: Easy to cast, and in my tests it was really reliable to give something the -1hit

At first I was like that guy is crazy, then I remembered math and turns out 42% isn‘t really that bad , thanks for making me think 👌

• Like 1

21 hours ago, schwabbele said:

At first I was like that guy is crazy, then I remembered math and turns out 42% isn‘t really that bad , thanks for making me think 👌

Yeah its 42%, but the other 58% it does nothing to 1-3 Mortal Wounds. You have to include, that the spell can be unbound, so its far less than 42% in sum.

Maybe pay 40 Points for Geminids of Uhl-Gysh and you got that sweet -1 to hit and -1 to Attack (not both on the same enemy unit). Here you got more range because of the predatory movement.

58 minutes ago, Bademeister said:

Yeah its 42%, but the other 58% it does nothing to 1-3 Mortal Wounds. You have to include, that the spell can be unbound, so its far less than 42% in sum.

Maybe pay 40 Points for Geminids of Uhl-Gysh and you got that sweet -1 to hit and -1 to Attack (not both on the same enemy unit). Here you got more range because of the predatory movement.

Still  better than arcane bolt
You have to pay those points, you don't have much spells to spare for dispelling geminids later, geminids can be unbound the same way as Miasmal.
So I think Masake's approach is: something that has potential to be good is better than paying points or failing cast rolls

Hi all, yesterday I've tried an heavy-flayers Blisterkin list for the first time.

Major win  against Nighthaunt but I've been disappointed a little bit by the list.

I've tried:

AGKoRT with Doppleganger, Archregent (both with Spectral Host)

Infernal Courtier, 9x Flayer, 6xFlayers, 3x Flayers into a Deathwatch 

Cogs and Chalice ad Endless.

Good looking army and funny idea, by I don't understand why people find it a competitive list. You lack of body count and screen, your shooting is good against poor bravery army but entirely uneffective against many armies, the Terrorgheist is less effective than the Gristlegore's one.

I win just by my superior experience and the low strenght by Nighthaunt battletome. I will try it again, but I'm sincerly scared to face Dok, LoN and the most competitive armies. 

Edit: forgot to mention, before this game I've play a middle-competitive Royal Mordants Gristlegore with AGKoRT, Archregent, Varghulf, 3x10 Ghoul, 6x Flayers and 6x Horrors + Cogs. Not a competitive list but way more solid than Blisterkin one. 3-0 against Sylvaneth, Khorne and Nurgle.

Edited by Shaft

8 hours ago, XReN said:

Still  better than arcane bolt
You have to pay those points, you don't have much spells to spare for dispelling geminids later, geminids can be unbound the same way as Miasmal.
So I think Masake's approach is: something that has potential to be good is better than paying points or failing cast rolls

Exactly... I just use this spell when pairing 2 GKMounted of the same type! They both have awesome warscrolls spells, but you only could cast one. The main spell lores will be on you Abhorrant (at least in my list) - So I need to cast something with the 2nd GK - if defense is need I could go for mystic shield, or I can go with Miasmal Shroud!

9 hours ago, Bademeister said:

So - I'm not debating that Miasmal are the best source for -1 to hit (But remember that Endless spell can backfire on you) - but I think Miasmal is the best option for those 2nd tier SPELL LORES that you can have at your disposal for the 2nd GK!

10 hours ago, Slaanesh_in_Sewer said:

Using 2 Abhorrant Archregent in a 1000 points army is a good idea? I am thinking to run 2 Abhorrant + 1 gkotg to summon 6 Flayers with a single varghulf to the enemy backfield.

Or you could go Gristlegore - 2 Terrorgheist (Battleline) + 2 Archregent! Maybe it is to much for 1000pts

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Mikelomba said:

Yoooo guys i got a league for 1.500 points. What u think of this

WarscrollBuilderList (1).pdf

Just be sure that you are playing Vanguard +500pts and not Battlehost -500pts (You usually play the 2nd option here so it is needed 3 battleline).

Besides this, I do not like Gristlegore withouth fully commiting to it... That is why I tend to go feast day.