AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

38 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

how would you do then? 

Then I‘d suggest 6+6 and if all fails proxy...

just played 2x6 flayer, was great, will also try out horror march...with flayers.

the other option is building 18 of each 🤔 GW approves 🙄

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Honk said:

just played 2x6 flayer, was great, will also try out horror march...with flayers.

Ok! Thanks 😊 

What list did you play? 😄

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 4:39 AM, kenshin620 said:

Well I googled conversion Crypt Horrors and here are a few that I like.

This one uses modified blightkings

Reveal hidden contents

29062017006.jpg

29062017001.jpg

Someone on TGA made Skin Wolves which could be werewolves

Reveal hidden contents

DSC00251.JPG.5e904d847a165d81f5684ded710

Actual mounted horror

Reveal hidden contents

Flesh+eater+courts+crypt+horror+conversi

These were for 40k but mostly used crypt horrors+minotaur arms (and a decent chunk of GS)

Reveal hidden contents

forsaken-41.jpg

Some ogre+horror stuff. If you get really creative, I think good stuff can happen. You know fluffwise I'm pretty sure Gutbusters that spend too much time eating flesh and in the realm of death may turn into half-undead eating machine!

Reveal hidden contents

l3xxVt.jpg

If you're allowed non gw stuff, could use mantic stuff, or titan forge flesh rippers, and other undead ogre/troll types.

Reveal hidden contents

flesh-reapers.jpg

Thank you such cool ideas 😃

I was wondering how a FEC "gargoyle"(maybe using a different stone color like obsidian) army could look and how could be possible achieve the  result....(maybe using a different stone color like obsidian). My main concern is to give an "statue" aspect to the Crypt Flayers... Damn Dark Souls 1 XD

1 minute ago, Zaffersimo said:

Thank you such cool ideas 😃

I was wondering how a FEC "gargoyle"(maybe using a different stone color like obsidian) army could look and how could be possible achieve the  result....(maybe using a different stone color like obsidian). My main concern is to give an "statue" aspect to the Crypt Flayers... Damn Dark Souls 1 XD

I actually mentioned a long while back about those LOTR monster things being used for FEC "gargoyles". Though those cost an arm and a leg.

Spoiler

99811466005_DwellerintheDarkNEW02.jpg

99811466005_DwellerintheDarkNEW01.jpg

99811466003_GulahvartheTerrorofArnorNEW0

I think maybe if you built a Vargheist but painted it more stonelike, then it would look decent? The fur may be a problem but not as problematic as the crypt horror exposed flesh.

4 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

I actually mentioned a long while back about those LOTR monster things being used for FEC "gargoyles". Though those cost an arm and a leg.

Reveal hidden contents

99811466005_DwellerintheDarkNEW02.jpg

99811466005_DwellerintheDarkNEW01.jpg

99811466003_GulahvartheTerrorofArnorNEW0

I think maybe if you built a Vargheist but painted it more stonelike, then it would look decent? The fur may be a problem but not as problematic as the crypt horror exposed flesh.

Yep exactly what I was thinking about: the exposed flesh/ piercing bones could be a real problem ... 

The "dweller in the dark" from LOTR it's a very good example of what I meant.. As I do not think than using Prosecutors and changing the head/wings and weapon could ever working out...

8 hours ago, Kimbo said:

What list did you play? 😄

court of delusion (feast day)

Infernal (General), Regent, GkoTg, Varghulf 

2x6 Flayer, 10 Ghouls

1700+1CP

was against fantasy player with old school Khorne... pretty mean 😅👍

On 3/23/2019 at 6:35 PM, Nephthys said:

Wanted to open up some discussion on how to counter FEC as I've been having some troubles as of late.

I suggest trying Coven Throne because it can royaly mess up his general by casting Beguile on him and engaging him in melee, so he can't do anything at all, though it can be tricky to roll 11+ on 3d6 (don't forget the once per game re-roll!)
Then Overwhelming Dread on the second TG and throw some skellies at him, with Dance Makabre he should go down pretty easy, or if it will be too hard to outmaneuver the TG go for Black Knights or set up screen and counter-charge with morghast.
Another cheeky way would be to stack Neferata's CA to make both TGs fight like trash

• LOVE IT! 1

10 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

I saw this conversion, now it'll unfortunately require GS sculpting but it may be able to hide the back problem. Use Vargheist/Flayer Wings, on the BACK and then use the horror arms.

Hide contents

Gargoyle%20close2.jpg

Yep, I think than we have a winner XD 

I just need to wait to have the actual kits under my hands, and then we will see =) 

14 hours ago, Fluttershy said:

I ❤️ Flayers .. I still ❤️ Deathwatch Battalion..

most players prefer Horrors, I guess..

Actually I thought most players preferred either Blisterskin Deathwatch (Most youtubers I saw seem to love it), or Gristlegore Monster Spam, with almost no horror spam or ghoul spam

13 hours ago, Honk said:

If you do buy 18 of each, GW would approve! More money, means more sculpts, and higher chance of more cool models for FEC MWAHAHAHA

12 hours ago, Zaffersimo said:

Yep exactly what I was thinking about: the exposed flesh/ piercing bones could be a real problem ... 

The "dweller in the dark" from LOTR it's a very good example of what I meant.. As I do not think than using Prosecutors and changing the head/wings and weapon could ever working out...

I was thinking. I literally have the Balrog (I used to play lord of the rings strategy battle game). He’s on a 60mm. I was considering making him either my Blades of Khorne daemon Prince or a Varghulf Courtier... what do you guys think?

a noble champion of the king to lead us gloriously into battle , or an infernal demonic foe for us heroic knights to ride out and slay ? 

13 hours ago, Zaffersimo said:

I just got my Dweller in the Dark model and will be using it for my Vargheist. Looks like it'll work great- it has fur already on the back and will be easy to add more with green stuff. The two front arms are actually almost identical in diameter to cryft flayer arms- they will fit pretty nicely with some green stuff. Not sure if I'm going to just use flayer arms or clip the flayer wings off and stick to the arms yet. 

7 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Actually I thought most players preferred either Blisterskin Deathwatch (Most youtubers I saw seem to love it), or Gristlegore Monster Spam, with almost no horror spam or ghoul spam

If you do buy 18 of each, GW would approve! More money, means more sculpts, and higher chance of more cool models for FEC MWAHAHAHA

I was thinking. I literally have the Balrog (I used to play lord of the rings strategy battle game). He’s on a 60mm. I was considering making him either my Blades of Khorne daemon Prince or a Varghulf Courtier... what do you guys think?

a noble champion of the king to lead us gloriously into battle , or an infernal demonic foe for us heroic knights to ride out and slay ? 

I am just afraid that in few months they will nerf to the oblivion this combo...

Anyway...I suggest tu use the Balrog as Varghuf 😃

2 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

I just got my Dweller in the Dark model and will be using it for my Vargheist. Looks like it'll work great- it has fur already on the back and will be easy to add more with green stuff. The two front arms are actually almost identical in diameter to cryft flayer arms- they will fit pretty nicely with some green stuff. Not sure if I'm going to just use flayer arms or clip the flayer wings off and stick to the arms yet. 

Could you post some pictures for comparison when u will have the chance?  I am quite curios 

On 3/24/2019 at 11:55 AM, Kimbo said:

Hi again! Just bought 3x packs of Horrors/Flayers...so 12x models. 

Im not sure what i want to build. If anyone can give me some insight on the units and why i should build them a certain way would be awesome! Or just make 6 of each? 

Thanks in advance 😊

That depends pretty heavily on your strategy and tactics.  If your overal goal is to attack and roll dice then neither since you want more ghouls.  If you like to a unit that can tag at mid ranges or pull off Knight-chess moves on complex battlefields go Crypt Flayers.  If the need is a tight/limited area bruisers definitely the Crypt Horrors.

In FEC (and in general) whenever purchasing unit’s outside generic battleline they need clear goals with whatever synergies available.  Our muscle is particularly expensive and should never be treated as auto-includes.

Whatever you build keep a few things in mind.  When assembling a Courier you get two spare miniatures, that means you need three sets and build three Courtiers to avoid extras.  It takes units of six for good odds of survival against moderate enemy retaliation.  Units of nine will bump into each other and cause contact problems, only go for it if unit survival is that important.

For the record I picked up three of the carrion empire box sets, already had two but purchased four more Start Collecting FEC.  With all of that I have just enough models for proper muscle warscroll batallions.   Whatever route you go be aware of your army’s needs and how much it is going to costs.

1 hour ago, Evil Bob said:

Whatever you build keep a few things in mind.  When assembling a Courier you get two spare miniatures, that means you need three sets and build three Courtiers to avoid extras.  It takes units of six for good odds of survival against moderate enemy retaliation.  Units of nine will bump into each other and cause contact problems, only go for it if unit survival is that important.

For the record I picked up three of the carrion empire box sets, already had two but purchased four more Start Collecting FEC.  With all of that I have just enough models for proper muscle warscroll batallions.   Whatever route you go be aware of your army’s needs and how much it is going to costs.

Could you ex plain in a deeper way your point of view,may shearing a couple of practical examples?

I think that every one new to the hobby could find that beneficial.... monetary talking if some one want own 12/15/18 models of either Horrors or Flayers should they just buying SCB or splitting the investment between SCB and box of Crypt ?      

For the ability  Summon Imperial Guard or summon Men-at-Arms is it still once per game per Abhorrant or is it gated only by command point availability, For example, if I have 1 command point per turn could, I use either ability with the same King each turn for 5 times total in a game?

3 hours ago, Uldakamedes said:

For the ability  Summon Imperial Guard or summon Men-at-Arms is it still once per game per Abhorrant or is it gated only by command point availability, For example, if I have 1 command point per turn could, I use either ability with the same King each turn for 5 times total in a game?

All FEC summoning is once per game

So what have people been having success with and what have they been struggling with. 

I only have three games with FEC under my belt but am quickly realizing how starved I am for command points. Accordingly, right now I'm trying to make sure my lists have at least one battalion and am doing my best to write lists to 1950. Also working on the right balance of archregents and AGKoTGs in a a list.  

1 hour ago, Crispin said:

So what have people been having success with and what have they been struggling with. 

I only have three games with FEC under my belt but am quickly realizing how starved I am for command points. Accordingly, right now I'm trying to make sure my lists have at least one battalion and am doing my best to write lists to 1950. Also working on the right balance of archregents and AGKoTGs in a a list.  

Two words... feast day

edit:just to be clear this was what ive been having success with

Edited by TheadTheOgorSlayer
  • Like 1

Speaking of Feast Day, how has Deadwatch\Heavy Flayer lists been treating everyone? I've been wanting to try something other than Gristlegore\TG spam and Feast Day seems perfectly suited to this idea:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Crypt Infernal Courtier (120)
- General
- Trait: Cruel Taskmaster 
- Artefact: The Flayed Pennant 
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation

Battleline
9 x Crypt Flayers (510)
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

Battalions
Deadwatch (110)

Endless Spells
Chalice of Ushoran (40)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 110

The unit of 9 gets all the buffs to make a T1 charge followed closely by the General for potential charge re-rolls. Depending on scenario, AA's summon 40 Ghouls for Objectives or a Courtier for support. Deadwatch + Feast Day on T2 will allow a unit to, effectively, attack 3 different times.. which I really love the sound of. Anyone have any thoughts on how this actually plays out against other armies? I'd be curious how people handle this hyper-aggressive list in my local meta.

• LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

Speaking of Feast Day, how has Deadwatch\Heavy Flayer lists been treating everyone? I've been wanting to try something other than Gristlegore\TG spam and Feast Day seems perfectly suited to this idea:

Reveal hidden contents

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Cruel Taskmaster 
- Artefact: The Flayed Pennant 
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation

Battleline
9 x Crypt Flayers (510)
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

Battalions
Deadwatch (110)

Endless Spells
Chalice of Ushoran (40)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 110

The unit of 9 gets all the buffs to make a T1 charge followed closely by the General for potential charge re-rolls. Depending on scenario, AA's summon 40 Ghouls for Objectives or a Courtier for support. Deadwatch + Feast Day on T2 will allow a unit to, effectively, attack 3 different times.. which I really love the sound of. Anyone have any thoughts on how this actually plays out against other armies? I'd be curious how people handle this hyper-aggressive list in my local meta.

What is your local meta? Also why not cogs? YOu could get plus two to cast on an archregent and cast it almost with 100 percent efficiency and get plus 4 to your threat range army wide, pretty certain that would allow turn one charges in a lot of cases. 

Speaking incredibly generally anyone with hordes might laugh it off, death, every type of chaos, Frye slayers all have means of surviving the initial charges and getting stuck in. I find lists that play hyper aggressively rely too much on making an opponent play on the back foot, as soon as you lose momentum it kills (in my opinion and experience) 

elite armies would prolly fold easily, iron jaws, ogors (both kinds) some stormcast builds.

and gunlines would hate you lol, the only gunlines who can take it would be asgorh. I had an ogor player collapse my line first turn with incredibly lucky dice rolls then expected me to lose but instead my guns annihilated them all while my reserves got stuck in and kept his middle line from going any further (it was two 1k lists vs a 2k list of ogors) magma cannons are kool.

also the ability to move over chaff is nice on an aggressive list, only large units would stop you

hello fellow regents, I am new to FEC and forming my own court right now and wondering what's the best way to put everything together. I have an SC! built (Royal Zombie Dragon, 3 horrors, 10 ghouls), endless spells, an SC! NIB, a carrion empire half, and a vargulf coming towards me.

Between that, I have 9 Knight models to build. Here's the list i was thinking of running:

GC: Blisterskin

Abhorrent Archregent

AGKonTG

AGKonRZD

30x Crypt Ghouls

3x flayers

3x flayers

3x horrors

Royal Mordants Battalion

Chalice of Ushoran

Throne

2000/2000