AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

7 minutes ago, Nullius said:

Hey all, if this question has been addressed elsewhere I extend my apologies: the Charnel Throne, rules as written, seems to suggest that it would confer the ability (within 1”) to use the Summon Men at Arms command ability to any ABORRANT GHOUL KING. Both the fella on the terrorgiest and the one on the zombie dragon have precisely that keyword. Do you all think they should be able to summon ten ghouls to a battlefield edge when near the throne? Or was this wording an oversight?

no.

Abhorrant Ghoul King (on foot) & Abhorrant Archregent within 1" can use their Command Ability for free.

Ruler of All He Surveys:

An ABHORRANT ARCHREGENT that is within 1" of this terrain feature can use the Summon Imperial Guard command ability without a command point being spent. [added/changed by Flesh-eater Courts, Errata Page 1] ‘In addition, an Abhorrant Ghoul King that is within 1" of this terrain feature can use the Summon Men-at-arms command ability without a command point being spent.’

(i.e. Remove the keyword formatting from ‘Abhorrant Ghoul King’ in the rule; the rule should only affect models from the Abhorrant Ghoul King warscroll.)

Edited by Fluttershy

9 minutes ago, Fluttershy said:

no.

Abhorrant Ghoul King (on foot) & Abhorrant Archregent within 1" can use their Command Ability for free.

Ruler of All He Surveys:

An ABHORRANT ARCHREGENT that is within 1" of this terrain feature can use the Summon Imperial Guard command ability without a command point being spent. [added/changed by Flesh-eater Courts, Errata Page 1] ‘In addition, an Abhorrant Ghoul King that is within 1" of this terrain feature can use the Summon Men-at-arms command ability without a command point being spent.’

(i.e. Remove the keyword formatting from ‘Abhorrant Ghoul King’ in the rule; the rule should only affect models from the Abhorrant Ghoul King warscroll.)

Ok got it. Is that from the faq?  Thanks! 

1 minute ago, Nullius said:

Ok got it. Is that from the faq?  Thanks! 

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/age_of_sigmar_flesh-eater_courts_errata_en.pdf

Page 61 – Ruler of All He Surveys Change the second sentence to: ‘In addition, an Abhorrant Ghoul King that is within 1" of this terrain feature can use the Summon Men-at-arms command ability without a command point being spent.’

Hi everyone !

I do not know if this is the right topic,but I will give a try 😃 

I wish understand how much could be difficult&expensive converting some of the FEC units like both of the Horrors/Flayers and the others heroes. I will trying to explain a bit better : my idea is to  themed the army around Chamon,the realm of Metal( or maybe Ghur but I am not too sure) ,and I do not like the thing to own many similar models....

Here there are few questions:

1) how big are the heads of the Crypt Horrors/Flayer and which I could use as alternative?

2) Which kits/sprues can "get along" with that ones of FEC ? Especially when comes to armors pieces? ( Even 40k )

3) Any suggestions about a "non canonical " scheme of colour than could match Chamon ?

4) Just the bases could be enough for " unify " the army ?

p.s. thank you in advance for yours answers

p.s.s. sorry but the English is not my first language

p.s.s.s .I do apologise in case the is not the appropriate topic.

54 minutes ago, Zaffersimo said:

Hi everyone !

I do not know if this is the right topic,but I will give a try 😃 

I wish understand how much could be difficult&expensive converting some of the FEC units like both of the Horrors/Flayers and the others heroes. I will trying to explain a bit better : my idea is to  themed the army around Chamon,the realm of Metal( or maybe Ghur but I am not too sure) ,and I do not like the thing to own many similar models....

Here there are few questions:

1) how big are the heads of the Crypt Horrors/Flayer and which I could use as alternative?

2) Which kits/sprues can "get along" with that ones of FEC ? Especially when comes to armors pieces? ( Even 40k )

3) Any suggestions about a "non canonical " scheme of colour than could match Chamon ?

4) Just the bases could be enough for " unify " the army ?

p.s. thank you in advance for yours answers

p.s.s. sorry but the English is not my first language

p.s.s.s .I do apologise in case the is not the appropriate topic.

Was thinking of an alternative myself to Horrors and such. Ogors would be the right size, but have little to NO dynamic poses, making them look stiff. Up to you on that one. Terminators I think are way too small. Stormcast as well, though Stormcast shoulder pads and other armor bits might fit in a few places.

Nice to hearing that I wasn't the only one XD

Btw I was thinking to use maybe just few weapons/the gut armor and similar bits...but I was not so sure about the difference in size ^^''

Anyway the general ideas is to use this kind of scrappy bits left/right for give the general aspect of something "took at random" and "used someway/somehow"I hope that what I am trying to say will have some sense... 

What about different heads? Like  the wolf from the Fenrisian wolf or maybe the  Gryph hound? O r are them too small?

Well I googled conversion Crypt Horrors and here are a few that I like.

This one uses modified blightkings

Spoiler

29062017006.jpg

29062017001.jpg

Someone on TGA made Skin Wolves which could be werewolves

Spoiler

DSC00251.JPG.5e904d847a165d81f5684ded710

Actual mounted horror

Spoiler

Flesh+eater+courts+crypt+horror+conversi

These were for 40k but mostly used crypt horrors+minotaur arms (and a decent chunk of GS)

Spoiler

forsaken-41.jpg

Some ogre+horror stuff. If you get really creative, I think good stuff can happen. You know fluffwise I'm pretty sure Gutbusters that spend too much time eating flesh and in the realm of death may turn into half-undead eating machine!

Spoiler

l3xxVt.jpg

If you're allowed non gw stuff, could use mantic stuff, or titan forge flesh rippers, and other undead ogre/troll types.

Spoiler

flesh-reapers.jpg

Edited by kenshin620
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kore5022 said:

Does the turn sequence changes on warhammer community affect us ? 
It seems like that now the gristlegore general will go first only on our turn when against idoneth and the new khorne stuff or have i read it incorrectly?

yes.

haven't read the khorne stuff yet, but in case of idoneth that's correct

Edited by Fluttershy

1 minute ago, kore5022 said:

Khorne has some stuff allowing bloodthirsters to attack first and multiple times itr seems

will depend on it's wording. if they fight "at the start of the combat phase" - then yes, if they attack first in the "normal" routine during the combat phase - no

43 minutes ago, kore5022 said:

Does the turn sequence changes on warhammer community affect us ? 

Of course, it is the direct clarification of „how does savage strike work“ and „how would two savage strike generals fight against each other“...

the splitting of the phases was already established, but not really critical. Set up „at the end of the movement phase“ if you set things up, nobody really complained if you did this out of order (except Tony Grippando 😘👍). Same goes for some things happening at the start of the hero phase. In some cases  it mattered (LoNagash) but mostly not that tricky.

now this special rule interacts drastically with some established mindsets (fishthings go first 3.turn) that the whole concept needed to be clarified and brought to attention to minimize nerd rage and b-hurt.

12 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Well I googled conversion Crypt Horrors and here are a few that I like.

This one uses modified blightkings

Hide contents

29062017006.jpg

29062017001.jpg

Dam the blightkings ones are great! The small amount of armour compared to exposed flesh really works with the rest of the army. Only thing is I also collect Nurgle and using blightkings kit (a really really nice kit) to just cut up feels wrong!

Edited by hughwyeth

Hey, 

Wanted to open up some discussion on how to counter FEC as I've been having some troubles as of late. 

I'm a LoN player, specifically Legion of Blood. 

Played my first game vs my friends FEC last night at 1000pts. He was using the gristle gore allegiance with 2 terrorgheists and they flattened me with their auto 6 mortal wound malarkey. 

I run fairly usual LON armies. Unit of 40 skeles, some wolves, archai, necro, vampire Lord, Wight King. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nephthys said:

Are you suggesting I blow my nose and smash his minis with a hammer? 

Legit move for ultra-competitive play.

Ranged-Alpha-Strike won LVO even before the new Battletomb came out.  With your book options his mounted guys are soft to two things.  Massed dice against  his 4+ save and GHoN Morghasts putting their spirit halberds where-the-sun-don’t-shine.  Horde armies are a strong counter, putting monster lists in a quagmire where the compared cost to attacks and wounds becomes painfully apparent.

You might need to cut back on heroes to fit more bodies.  It’s a delicate balance for sure.

• Like 2

Hi again! Just bought 3x packs of Horrors/Flayers...so 12x models. 

Im not sure what i want to build. If anyone can give me some insight on the units and why i should build them a certain way would be awesome! Or just make 6 of each? 

Thanks in advance 😊

28 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Hi again! Just bought 3x packs of Horrors/Flayers...so 12x models. 

Im not sure what i want to build. If anyone can give me some insight on the units and why i should build them a certain way would be awesome! Or just make 6 of each? 

Thanks in advance 😊

Also on the topic of different models to use for FEC, theres the upcoming bloodborne boardgame that has miniatures.

Be interesting to have a FEC themed army based around lynchanthropy. Especially since Bloodborne also touches on the topics of madness and "perceiving the world in a different manner"

Though funny that BB ended up being less Van Helsing and more Call of Cthulhu in the end.

Edited by kenshin620
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1