AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

8 hours ago, pikachoux said:

I looked at the rules for the charnel throne and beside the free summon, I dont see the point of using it.  Maybe I missed something. So what you think of the throne and is it an auto include or the army can be fine without using it.

Others had answered this, but 0 CP summoning is a must have, i had been starting with 4 CPs, and by turn 3 i am on zero, and that's using the charnel throne...

• Haha 1

Why would you not take it. It’s free. At the very least you can hide your archregent behind it to avoid getting sniped by warpfire cannons haha

Playing this tonight at 9pm EST on stream

Archregent

gkontg

gkonzd

ghast

40/10/10 ghouls 

ghoul patrol

chalice

maelstrom

3CP

tune in if interested

http://twitch.tv/canhammer_tv

Edited by CanHammer-darren
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, herohammer said:

It is true that the throne isn't great if you don't have a GK on foot or arch regent since it doesn't work with the mounted GK's command abilities.

The +1 to bravery is game changing and will win you the game if you need 11 bravery to win and your guy is adjacent to the throne.

It been mentioned earlier that its a chance to block line of sight. But I also think it can help with board control. Its a 50/50 against Sylvaneth but being able to seal off a part of the board where they can summon woods is good. 

Putting the Throne is the way of big base models like Nagash, Gordrakk or a Stonehorn can be really strong.

3 hours ago, CanHammer-darren said:

Why would you not take it. It’s free. At the very least you can hide your archregent behind it to avoid getting sniped by warpfire cannons haha

Playing this tonight at 9pm EST on stream

Archregent

gkontg

gkonzd

ghast

40/10/10 ghouls 

ghoul patrol

chalice

maelstrom

3CP

tune in if interested

http://twitch.tv/canhammer_tv

Nice game. Liked the stream quite a bit, you guys did a good job showing off the new tomes. Rats for dinner, yum!!!!!!!  

Edited by TheWilddog
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, mrbedlam said:

In that case, ****** it, just play traditional ghoul spam and use courtiers plus chalice to keep you forces on the board, and when they die 50/50 chances they come back. If the dice gods love you, the sheer weight of numbers will spin in your favor.

Not after that guy house rules a cap on the number of models you can have on the table.😬

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Deadkitten said:

Not after that guy house rules a cap on the number of models you can have on the table.😬

Could you not just house rule that he wins as well then and avoid spending time playing a game you are not looking to play? :)

1 hour ago, Katz said:

Could you not just house rule that he wins as well then and avoid spending time playing a game you are not looking to play?

Obviously you weren't following the thread - the guy making up the houserules does not even PLAY AoS. :D

Edited by Mutter

Learnings from game 1

played against 120 clan rats, 2 warp cannons, 2 warpfire teams (who did like 40 MW lol) and FW lord thingy, grey seer in bell

1) keeping your GKs beside the throne turn 1 to summon really sucks. Put it as far forward as possible. My archregent ended up basically one turn behind on movement to rest of my army. 

2) gristlegore is gross. 

3) spells are SUPER important to effectiveness of the army. Consider taking plus cast things or running corpse cart?

4) CP super important as well. You should be making lists with max 1900 points. Probably worth running battallion just for CP, relic and low drops as long as tax isn’t high. With 4 CP to start brooch becomes almost mandatory. You are much less scary without CP

5) ghouls are likely too expensive. 10 will not kill anything.  40 however will kill many things especially if fully buffed

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, CanHammer-darren said:

Learnings from game 1

played against 120 clan rats, 2 warp cannons, 2 warpfire teams (who did like 40 MW lol) and FW lord thingy, grey seer in bell

1) keeping your GKs beside the throne turn 1 to summon really sucks. Put it as far forward as possible. My archregent ended up basically one turn behind on movement to rest of my army. 

2) gristlegore is gross. 

3) spells are SUPER important to effectiveness of the army. Consider taking plus cast things or running corpse cart?

4) CP super important as well. You should be making lists with max 1900 points. Probably worth running battallion just for CP, relic and low drops as long as tax isn’t high. With 4 CP to start brooch becomes almost mandatory. You are much less scary without CP

5) ghouls are likely too expensive. 10 will not kill anything.  40 however will kill many things especially if fully buffed

Really good to hear some practical experience. Ghouls definitely seem expensive, even at 40, considering what other armies get for 100 points less. But there some nice synergies to try out with bringing back models, buffing and getting them to have 5/6/7 attacks each.

2 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

Really good to hear some practical experience. Ghouls definitely seem expensive, even at 40, considering what other armies get for 100 points less. But there some nice synergies to try out with bringing back models, buffing and getting them to have 5/6/7 attacks each.

for sure, there's way more synergies for them than with flayers and horrors imo, but tbh, with hitting on 4s and wounding on 4s, no rend, 1 damage, you are going to need all 240+ attacks to get through even a unit of 60 gits. any -1 to hit screws this army up big time. almost nothing in the army hits on better than 4s (except GK)

1 minute ago, CanHammer-darren said:

for sure, there's way more synergies for them than with flayers and horrors imo, but tbh, with hitting on 4s and wounding on 4s, no rend, 1 damage, you are going to need all 240+ attacks to get through even a unit of 60 gits. any -1 to hit screws this army up big time. almost nothing in the army hits on better than 4s (except GK)

This is what's leading me to crypt horrors, rerolling all hits and wounds, in a unit of 9, as a hammer unit. Reliability is sorely thin on the ground for us, so this unit seems to stand out with the GK spell + their own warscroll abilities to re-roll. 

• Like 1