AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

When i first saw the throne i was telling my friends FEC got an outhouse. The mans throne, a toilet.

With the actual rules now released, its funny that the FEC heroes have to literally run up to it to dump out a unit is just icing on the cake.

2 hours ago, Honk said:

Wasn’t there supposed to be a new lore in the book? Although we don‘t really have free spells. whatever king is running around, their signature spell is just too fancy...

Yes, we are getting our own lore. They have previewed that one spell that gives a unit "fly", and the spell of the Arch-Regent will make sure that the magic phase will become important for the FEC. 

• Thanks 1

Well flayers definitely seem better but the -2  does make me wince a bit. We'll generally need to roll rather high to get any mortal wounds outside of melee unless vs skaven. And the summoning command abilities don't have a once per battle wording which is nice for the throne.

I don't understand the point of the scream roll malus. As we shoot before charging, it means Flayers will always suffer the malus, unless they charge, suffer retaliation, survive the next turn… and then scream (with a mean value of 2D6). Bravey attacks are already so situationnal (and need so much support to lower demons/undead Bravery 10), I don't know why they feel the need to nerf it...

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Kokoshi said:

I don't understand the point of the scream roll malus.

It is there to annoy us... they get the keyword KNIGHTS ?! 

but as you said, most units have bry 7, so you‘ll need to roll a 10 to cause a mortal wound with a ranged attack in the classical sense.

maybe/hopefully we get some bravery debuff mechanics in the FEC lore or in the mentioned delusions / courts. Since I can’t ally them into my legion of Blood army.

Edited by Honk

29 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Maybe the allied list changed as well? (Depending on your court)

That would be powerful, but fluff wise every sane and sensible vampire should avoid their contagious madness like holy water and sunlight combined... 

although this feeling of righteous pride, the gentle breeze in the air while riding out to defend the realms... gloryhammer style!!! 

Just watched the GMG review. The different courts look good, each one gives a ability, a command trait, a command ability and a artefact. 

There is one that works good with big units of ghouls and has the Hammers of Sigmar command ability only better (bringing back a slain units of ghouls on the 4+). 

Blisterskin looks really strong +2 movement, redeploying of flying units, royal dragons/Terrorgheist as Battleline. Good stuff. 

WOW. They changed the Crusading Delusion, it is now just a +1 to Run and Charge rolls. However, that does not matter as they have another Delusion that lets you use Feeding Frenzy (our new command ability) once per turn without using a CP, that seems to be the one you will take every time anyway. This seems soooooooooo good.

Edited by TheWilddog

Some points info for those who are interested:

Abhorrent Archregent 200

Abhorrent Ghoul King 140

Varghulf 160

Crypt Ghast Courtier 60

Crypt Infernal Courtier 120

Crypt Haunter Courtier 120

AGK on Royal Terrogheist 400

AGK on Royal Zombie Dragon 440

Crypt Ghouls 100/360

Crypt Flayers 170