AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

The throne is quite large, and as a Sylvaneth player I feel with my FEC brothers and sisters. Unwieldy terrain is a hassle to bring along (so many woods...). 

If I had a FEC army I’d just use the Magewrath Throne. Heck, why did not GW use it in the first place?

Hopefully the throne we'll only need 1 of like herdstones. I can also imagine it likely being set up in our zone and having a possibly increasing aura like the herdstone. Or possibly acting like a priest and picking a unit within x to apply an interesting buff to?

I'm super digging the archregent though and really hope they add an option for him on a dragon or something but considering the GW ethos of no unit if there's no model for it that's unlikely. Personally I'd like to see them upgrade flayers a bit. I don't see the scream as particularly useful and can't really imagine taking them over horrors unless I desperately need fly. Which is a shame as they look pretty great.

Hopefully we'll get a community article today to give a bit more of a lowdown on some of the tome abilities.

I'm hoping we'll get a bit of a modified version of the delusion esque abilities so getting to pick a delusion for our army to give different small bonuses since delusions are a bit part of the army fluff so it feels like a fun idea.

My least favourite thing about this release is it's gonna get me to try painting all my ghouls... Probably easier than painting up 3 zombie dragons for battleline tbh.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

My least favourite thing about this release is it's gonna get me to try painting all my ghouls... Probably easier than painting up 3 zombie dragons for battleline tbh.

I totally feel you on this one. When I first read we could get the big guy as battleline I almost cried of joy. But having to paint 3 more seems like a real uphill battle. I've yet to see a quick, easy (and good looking) way to paint them..

4 minutes ago, XReN said:

I recently dealt around 15 MW with 6 flayers screaming in one turn!

It was with a grim garland though

against giant rats

Tbh if there were skaven players in my area I would likely appreciate flayers much more  That being said my dad does play BoC... and their bravery is notoriously low too...

Still it would be nice for them to be able to affect bravery 7 stuff (the most common bravery I find) and maybe do a set d3 when above instead of difference.

1 minute ago, Thenord said:

I totally feel you on this one. When I first read we could get the big guy as battleline I almost cried of joy. But having to paint 3 more seems like a real uphill battle. I've yet to see a quick, easy (and good looking) way to paint them..

Yeah it's something I'd love to be able to do but I haven't even finished my 1 for my vampires/ghoul kings to sit atop. Too much picking out bones and add to that I hate painting wing webbing. I'm really hoping someone can make a viable list out of lots of dragons though as I'd love to see it work well, if only just to show armies without 70 bajillion models can do well. Also because a heavy dragon army just sounds awesome.

I'm lucky that my colour scheme is just spray fang, drybrush grey, drybrush white, pick out details for my FeC but ye gods I'm gonna cry from all this painting I've got to do. So we'd best hope the new tome gives them fun tricks and playstyles to make it all worth it ;) (and give me a reason to get out my terrorgheist since I never use it in LoN)

3 minutes ago, CaptainNippon said:

How probable do you think it is that Dire Wolves will be incorporated into FEC with the new battletome? 

It makes sense for royalty to employ hunting dogs, doesn't it? 

Do you think it would make sense from a gameplay perspective to add them to the roster?

We'll see

Yes

Hell yes

1 hour ago, CaptainNippon said:

How probable do you think it is that Dire Wolves will be incorporated into FEC with the new battletome? 

It makes sense for royalty to employ hunting dogs, doesn't it? 

Do you think it would make sense from a gameplay perspective to add them to the roster?

I think this would be a good route for the FEC to take and adding Dire Wolves makes  sense from a narrative perspective. While they are at it, I think they should just add the whole Deadwalker subfaction to FEC.  Zombies can be the lowest serfs, serving at the whims of the great lords and the Corpse Cart makes perfect sense (the current driver even looks pretty ghoulish).  Would give us a few more models and make use of models most LoN players don't use (Skeletons just outclass Zombies and since Zombies mostly set on the sidelines the Corpse Cart is over there with them, the dogs do see some play in LoN as cheap summonable batteline with better movement than the other options). 

Edited by TheWilddog
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2019 at 5:50 PM, JackStreicher said:

With an endless stream of rotting corpses beneath and a ruin underneath?

Those are incidental.  Casual examination of AoS terrain in general shows there are corpses everywhere, up to and including exposed geological strata of skulls.  Random ruins are if anything the only naturally occuring terrain feature more common than mortal remains.

The chair is made of bone, so it can presumably be magucally animated into place wherever the ghoul kings take their legions.  Since its made from nearby corpse parts it will always be near a corpse pile, and since a chair us always better high up where you can see more while you're sitting on it, the random corpse pile chosen will always be near some crumbly ruins that the chair can be erected atop of for some added elevation.

Say what you will about the model.  I personally don't care much for it.  It's certainly no loonstone.  But the concept for it isnt fundamentally unworkable.

Making the sigmarite mausoleum the FEC's signature terrain kit still would have been better, though.  Better model, more sensical (even if I don't personally find the chair nonsensical), GW could have saved even what little design and production costs went into the chair while getting ghoul players to more happily by more of a more expensive existing kit, etc.

Oh, well.

I'm not putting any hope in more new stuff right now, and am instead just waiting to see what they do w/ the book.

1 minute ago, Gecktron said:

AoSFleshCourts-Feb6-DeathFromSkies6oed.jpg.0abdfa830a8d6b6f1dd5a0ca469a7451.jpg

Oh man, deep striking for the warlord and Zombie Dragon/Terrorgheists as battlelines sounds great! 

Hope that they keep ghoul patrol and flayed pennant the same, so my double horrors summon will be backed up by GKoTG!

Just now, Fluttershy said:

run & charging Crypt Flayers hitting twice sounds crazy.. 2CP & Deadwatch x4.. the sky is the limit ;)

I've been thinking about 3 battleline monsters, arkhan + corpse cart to get off better effect on 7+ and cogs

That would hurt a lot

• Like 1

Both terrorgheist and zombie dragon battleline eh? Sorry ghoul king, looks like you'll be on foot.

Man I'm liking gristlegore more and more. Though having to buy, paint and transport more terrorgheists/zombie dragons is a painful thought. I'm gonna need some like supersized boxes.

At least I can use the terrorgheist and dragon I have to avoid needing 3 units of 30 ghouls though. And fitting in monsters will be easier. I'm very very interested to see more. And looking forward to see how our summoning command abilities might change. I get the feeling we could be really thirsting for command points. Hopefully there'll be some fun battalions :)

1 minute ago, TheWilddog said:

Test model for the paint scheme of my Cawdor converted Ghouls. Overall happy with how it came out.

298E8C89-D809-4330-83F4-D95FEA8E9EAB.jpeg

5C3D632D-5394-499E-B416-D0EB73168BB9.jpeg

Have you done anything to them? I think they are usually bigger than ghouls, or am I mistaking?

And color scheme looks great btw

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XReN said:

Have you done anything to them? I think they are usually bigger than ghouls, or am I mistaking?

And color scheme looks great btw

They are just a little bigger than the standard Ghouls, but its not too noticeable. The Cawdor figs come of 25 rounds too, its more a posture difference as the GW Ghouls are slouched over quite a bit. 

Edited by TheWilddog
  • Thanks 2