AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

45 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

Can anyone make out the Abhorrent Archregent rules from that flash of the card.  He is obviously 6 wounds, 4+ save, 6 move and 10 Bravery but I can not make out the special text, command ability or the spell. 

Spell is ________ Hunger

The command ability seems to say Summon Imperial Guard. Interesting!!!!!!

Has something like summon either 1 COURTIER, something something REVENANTS or a unit of 20 SERFS.

Maybe some renaming, or some changing units.

If I had to guess I’d say the new keywords are the FEC equivalent of SUMMONABLE. Just for FEC it will be multi tier.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Mhm... most of the FeC spells and scenery consists of recycled sculpts. They won‘t get more new models according to the WHC posting.

the throne is just ugly and lacks creativity....

compared to Skaven the FeC really got the short straw.

hard pass for me... and a missed opportunity for GW 😞

I think the throne has a great design. It combines the core aspects of the FEC. I really like the coat of arms made out of skulls and bones. I think it would look even better with a less bright color scheme. 

The horses and the chalice are good, only the broken fence is a bit boring. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

I think the throne has a great design. It combines the core aspects of the FEC. I really like the coat of arms made out of skulls and bones. I think it would look even better with a less bright color scheme. 

The horses and the chalice are good, only the broken fence is a bit boring. 

Fence corpses: corpse cart (as well as pretty much all the corpses they used)

Fence: GW Graveyard

Horses: Nighthaunt horses.

the bone chalice: spirit-magic thingy of the NH hourglass.

it‘s pretty much 80% Recycling.

why the heck do FeC carry a Throne-House around?

the more I see it the more I dislike it.

Edited by JackStreicher

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

it probably them reusing CAD files that having the same design. Granted the Endless spell seem to stuff they make quickly and on the fly.

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

Thats not how that works. Both the corpse cart and the graveyard are too old to be recycled. They are similar (since a corpse is a corpse and a gothic fence is a gothic fence) but they are not the same. 

The horse are also different since the Nighthaunt once are more ethereal, this spell is more fleshy. The chalice is completely new. 

You don't have to like them but thats a pretty lame excuse. 

1 minute ago, Gecktron said:

Thats not how that works. Both the corpse cart and the graveyard are too old to be recycled. They are similar (since a corpse is a corpse and a gothic fence is a gothic fence) but they are not the same. 

The horse are also different since the Nighthaunt once are more ethereal, this spell is more fleshy. The chalice is completely new. 

You don't have to like them but thats a pretty lame excuse. 

It is how that works. I am a professional 3D freelancer. They simply recycled the 3D sculpts. Which is cheap in many ways.

Edited by JackStreicher

Frankly, I had expected more out of this release.  Plastic varghulf, maybe some named characters, at the very least discrete models for the courtiers, so you don't have to throw away leftover figures after you make a couple.  The FEC line isn't like the Skaven line, it wasn't a whole army in the old days, and it really doesn't stand as a full faction range now.

I'm sure the book eill have some interesting new tricks and tools in it, but I'm having a hard time working much excitement up for this.  Endless spell and terrain kits that look hastily slapped together and rather lacking in ghoulish theme doesn't help.  The fence spell doesn't even look like a spell effect.  I kind of like the chalice at least.

So yeah, for the moment I'm pretty disappointed and underwhelmed, though info from the book may yet turn that feeling around.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sception said:

Frankly, I had expected more out of this release.  Plastic varghulf, maybe some named characters, at the very least discrete models for the courtiers, so you don't have to throw away leftover figures after you make a couple.  The FEC line isn't like the Skaven line, it wasn't a whole army in the old days, and it really doesn't stand as a full faction range now.

I'm sure the book eill have some interesting new tricks and tools in it, but I'm having a hard time working much excitement up for this.  Endless spell and terrain kits that look hastily slapped together and rather lacking in ghoulish theme doesn't help.  The fence spell doesn't even look like a spell effect.  I kind of like the chalice at least.

So yeah, for the moment I'm pretty disappointed and underwhelmed, though info from the book may yet turn that feeling around.

Same. Especially since I find most of their Crypt-Horror kitbash Units utterly boring and quite uncreative.

as long as this faction doesn‘t at least get 3 new units (not counting heroes) I won‘t buy anything of it.

the throne is story-wise and style-wise the worst (who the heck carries half a wall with a throne on in to EVERY battle?) - Huge minus in GWs reputions imo.

Am I the only one who is happy about not having to buy a bunch of new models?
I would like to have some updates for model range, but made in moderate steps, I don't want to AoS2 Stormcast history where you have a wholle new army inside an army to happen to me again

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

11 minutes ago, XReN said:

I don't want to AoS2 Stormcast history where you have a wholle new army inside an army to happen to me again

I hear you,

a few nice goodies still would have been nice, beyond the ES and the throne, plastic varghulf darn it!!! Or at least one new unit (arch-regent aside) 

still hyped, hope they didn’t ruin my ******

2 hours ago, XReN said:

Am I the only one who is happy about not having to buy a bunch of new models?
I would like to have some updates for model range, but made in moderate steps, I don't want to AoS2 Stormcast history where you have a wholle new army inside an army to happen to me again

Given that FEC was a 4 kit range, one of those kits being an ancient resin model, I think "too many different units to buy" is so far from being a problem that it's not even worth entertaining as a legitimate concern.  This is a faction so lacking in its model range that the devs had to make up support characters out of nothing by telling players to just painta  unit champ differently and throw the rest of a box of perfectly good models in the garbage.  Not to mention how the total lack of named heroes leaves the faction sorely lacking in personality and with almost no presence in the overall game narrative since they don't have any important figures to carry the torch.

I'm not saying the FEC range needed a ton of new models, but they did need more than we're seeing here.  Again, a good battletome could salvage my feelings about the faction, but even then the model range is just painfully anemic.

Edited by Sception
  • Thanks 1

The only problem with this release is GW's forced attempt at cashing in on a captive audience by introducing yet another terrain piece that must be taken at 0 cost or you'll be missing out. Some armies it makes sense, like Sylvaneth and Beasts of Chaos, but this is a precedent that I don't like the sound of. I can't wait for my Freeguild to get the obligatory 'Tactical Farmhouse' terrain piece.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Knight Scáthach of Fimm said:

The only problem with this release is GW's forced attempt at cashing in on a captive audience by introducing yet another terrain piece that must be taken at 0 cost or you'll be missing out. Some armies it makes sense, like Sylvaneth and Beasts of Chaos, but this is a precedent that I don't like the sound of. I can't wait for my Freeguild to get the obligatory 'Tactical Farmhouse' terrain piece.

A courtier box (dual kit either horror or flayer, maybe with a ghoul courtier on the sprue for kicks) could have come in at the same or even more points, and sold multiples of the same box to FEC players instead of just an obligatory single purchase, and would have been something the line actually already needed instead of just a tacked on extra.

I would have preferred it at least - though I don't exactly hate the throne, so I can certainly understanding some players feeling otherwise.

24 minutes ago, Knight Scáthach of Fimm said:

I can't wait for my Freeguild to get the obligatory 'Tactical Farmhouse' terrain piece.

🥳👍

can‘t wait to see it... maybe they’ll get creative and you’ll get a brewery „bugmans finest“

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Knight Scáthach of Fimm said:

No no that's reserved for the Dispossessed and their obligatory terrain piece.

Which will be an entire dwarven hold which covers half of the battlefield.

this way the low dwarven movement is compensated by reducing the table to half its former size 🤣

Edited by JackStreicher
Spelling - damn you auto-correct!