AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

5 hours ago, Bill_S said:

It’s Bill Souza (not Ben) but I still love you all 😉. Twitter has spoken and it looks like I’ll be taking FEC to LVO as well. I just can’t seem to put them down haha.  

I read your review Darren; how are you getting pinions on Arkhan? If I’m missing something and I can take it I absolutely will but he can only choose if in allegiance correct?

There are definitely a couple things wrong in that guide. I don’t believe there is any way to give Arkhan pinions outside of being in a LoN list, as those spells are specifically alligence abilities. Also in the guide he states using pinions on the GKoTG which is impossible as pinions only affects the caster, it’s not targetable.

Edited by Neinball

On 1/11/2019 at 10:45 AM, Bill_S said:

I read your review Darren; how are you getting pinions on Arkhan? If I’m missing something and I can take it I absolutely will but he can only choose if in allegiance correct?

He got rules really wrong there

Played a fun list vs Tzeentch the other night in a 1k Duality of Death game.

Grand Delusion: Tournament

Haunter (Dark Wizardry, Flayed Pennant)

2x Ghoul King

3x 3 Crypt Horrors

Geminids

Emerald Lifeswarm

I didn't win but only because he got a very lucky 6 roll on a bolt of tzeentch to table me, otherwise I had him on points. He got 2 lucky snipes off, killing my General turn 3 and my last king turn 5. I used the 2 summoned ghouls to act as annoyance screens. 1 unit even took down a herald that kept him from scoring one of the objectives the entire game.

It was a fun list, first time I've ever run bulk Ghouls. I think if I were to do it again, I would make a 6 unit and a 3 unit vs 3 units.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mrbedlam said:

Played a fun list vs Tzeentch the other night in a 1k Duality of Death game.

Grand Delusion: Tournament

Haunter (Dark Wizardry, Flayed Pennant)

2x Ghoul King

3x 3 Crypt Horrors

Geminids

Emerald Lifeswarm

I didn't win but only because he got a very lucky 6 roll on a bolt of tzeentch to table me, otherwise I had him on points. He got 2 lucky snipes off, killing my General turn 3 and my last king turn 5. I used the 2 summoned ghouls to act as annoyance screens. 1 unit even took down a herald that kept him from scoring one of the objectives the entire game.

It was a fun list, first time I've ever run bulk Ghouls. I think if I were to do it again, I would make a 6 unit and a 3 unit vs 3 units.

Why count tabling as victory?

Edited by XReN
  • Like 1

I have just bought a Start Collecting FEC box! Really excited!

I will also be buying Carrion Empire when it comes out and I was wondering what would be better to buy additionaly to x1 SC FEC box + Carrior empire?

Another SC box (£40)  OR a  Nightfeast Hunters box (£34 I found a shop that still has some in stock)

I am not looking for a super competitive team, just something fun to play with friends.

EDIT: I do not plan to go over 1500 points (anytime soon)

EDIT2: Also....my girlfriend really wants to get a Skeleton Start Collecting box, would she be able to use my FEC army to her advantage somehow? (just playing with friends)

Edited by Orchid89

4 minutes ago, Glaurung said:

FEC with Skelletons - no, unless she plays it Grand Alliance Death (recommended)
You want more ghouls, so Nightfeast is better in my opinion.

Thanks, I am new to AoS so Im not sure I understand what you mean by  "unless she plays it Grand Alliance Death".

Does this mean she uses a different set of rules instead of the separate FEC/Skeleton rules?

If so, does she miss out on a lot? You say "recommended" so I guess its viable enough.

Im sure all of this will start making sense when I start to get into it more.

So the Courts are part of Grand Alliance Death, which has its own allegiance abilities, artefacts, etc. YOu can either play them FEC Allegiance or Death allegiance. If FEC Allegiance than you have a limited range of allies. If you play them Death Allegiance you can play them with ANY Death model but you lose out on the Delusions, Majestic Horror, etc.  If your GF wants to play the corpse cart then I highly suggest getting the Legion of Nagash book and playing on of those Allegiances instead.

• Like 1

It's very simple.
There are the 4 main alliances: Death, Destruction, Order and Chaos. You can play together every model within the same faction using the Grand Alliance rules, as shown in the main rulebook. Then, the models inside the Grand Alliances usually are part of sub-factions, for example Flesh Eater Courts or Nighthaunt. These have their own army rules, if you play only one faction and they are different from the ones in the book. Furthermore, every faction can be "allied" to some of other ones, as shown in the General's Handbook. FEC can't ally with Skeletons for example, but they can do so with zombies or mortarchs.

My advice, if you have just started playing AoS, is to keep it simple: pick the models you or your girlfriend like from Death and play them using only their warscrolls and the rules for Death in the core book. Roll for the traits and relics if you don't know what to pick.
Later you will be able to understand how fragmented AoS rules are, where you can find them and how you can take advantage of all the different possiilities. However, since you are new, I think it's better to do it step-by-step

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Orchid89 said:

my girlfriend really wants to get a Skeleton Start Collecting box, would she be able to use my FEC army to her advantage somehow?

She can use you terrorgheists, or the flayers as vargheists since the models are used in both alliances and vargheists look like flayer, just different heads.

And 

2 hours ago, Glaurung said:

My advice, if you have just started playing AoS, is to keep it simple:

True words, the books are full of extra rules and synergies and things to consider(not as bad as nurgle but bad)

maybe just want to start out some skirmishes and then dive in deeper into the madness

• Like 1

Wow that is so cool, seems like there are a lot of options, it is a bit overwhelming for a newcomer but I will eventually get it!

The plan atm is getting the FEC Start Collecting box for me (and eventually the Carrion Empire box) and a Skeleton Horde OR Malignant Start Collecting box for her (she wants both...)

After a few plays with those boxes I think I will understand what we will want to do.

My main starting army is Skaven (friend sold me his 1000pt army) so the FEC SC is just a side thing, figured Id get it because the Carrion Empire will benefit both armies but I am REALLY looking forward to FEC (and super happy the Skel army will benefit from it while im playing Skaven).

EDIT: I think I might keep the sameish colour scheme as her and magnetise the head + rider on so we can both use the Terrorgheist/Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon and the same thing with the  Vargheists. (not now but  futureproofing)

I think this will be the best value for us

Edited by Orchid89

5 hours ago, Orchid89 said:

EDIT: I think I might keep the sameish colour scheme as her and magnetise the head + rider on so we can both use the Terrorgheist/Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon and the same thing with the  Vargheists. (not now but  futureproofing)

I think this will be the best value for us

You can also use Ghoul King of foot as allies for your GF's Death and summon ghouls with him

Hello, Looking to build my first AoS army. Hoping to start with 1000 points. Torn between Gloomspite and FeC. With two FeC start collecting boxes coming in at 1000 points will folks roll their eyes facing two terrorgiests and summoning in the flayers? Is the below list ok base to go with or am I missing something basic like a lack of objective holding units?

FeC1000.pdf

6 hours ago, GunslingerOy said:

Is the below list ok base to go with or am I missing something basic like a lack of objective holding units?

It is pretty brutal raw attack list. With majestic horror you would summon 2x3 horrors and another 3... 480 points charging in from the board edges and since they are out of support range, they have to charge in right away before getting picked off. Or your king has to charge up double time (flayed pennant) to buff them.

Both options seem pretty aggressive to me  ;-D

There are some scenarios where you‘ll need 20 bodies for a capture, but I think you can recapture the point by killing off its „defenders“.  Those scenarios will be tough, but other armies have the same troubles. Played „places of arcane power“ against Khorne... where you‘ll need a caster to score or an hero with artifact. Would have messed up any Kharadron player too. Beastclaw have the same troubles.