AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

So Royal family is not as good as originally hoped but with double summon trait it still has value I think. 

You get 2 GK a relic reduced deployment all for 150 (CP neutral as gain one spend one). 

GKoZD double summon

2 GK

9 horrors 

30 ghouls

2 * 10 ghouls

Royal Family

1CP

cogs

40 points for other endless spells

so instead of a turn one board spam maybe just summon double varghulf double GK then use the GK ghouls more tactically during the game as CP come in.

also is there maybe some room for play with a monster list as summon makes them “cheaper”

GKoZD double summon

2 * GKoTG

40 ghouls

2 * 10 ghouls 

2 CP

Cogs and 40 extra points

Edited by Reuben Parker
  • Like 1

So ghoul patrol did not recieve an errata update. All other reinforcing effects in the errata were changed to explcitly only apply to slain models. Ghoul patrol remains as simply "add models". Hopefully this makes the battalion a little stronger.

34 minutes ago, Hamartia said:

So ghoul patrol did not recieve an errata update. All other reinforcing effects in the errata were changed to explcitly only apply to slain models. Ghoul patrol remains as simply "add models". Hopefully this makes the battalion a little stronger.

RAI you don't go over the original size.
Guys come on, lte's try to think new lists and not break the game.

BTW Reuben your first list seems good, the second one I'm not a fan

Yeah the monster list is more a stab in the dark. 

Royal family with that setup has 140 wounds in the table turn 1. With 4 possible ghoul summons across the game and twin varghulf boosted by royal family healing. Pretty nice for grinding and board control, still main FEC issue is still there in damage output. 

Need to see if the realms have any good spells to boost large units of ghouls. As they can be 4 attacks each re roll 1 to hit and re roll wounds already. If there’s another spell or item we can layer on maybe giving rend the big ghoul unit can be a good hammer.  

1 hour ago, Hamartia said:

Intent is ambiguous until an FAQ is written given the changes in summoning.

Possibly and RAW it works but when you ask the question what is more likely. 

A) Ghoul Patrol is special unlike everything else in the game which squashed taking units above starting size since the release of GH1. 

B) It’s an oversight 

I would say B is far more likely.  I would also play it the conservative way as you don’t want people accusing you of cheating if an FAQ drops later. 

But it’s your hobby so if you want to use it that way, I’m a big fan of people doing what they want with their hobby as long as it’s not insulting other players. Also FEC could always use a boost. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, solosam47 said:

How are people summoning more GK, what am I missing? I just got my GH2018 today and the app finally updated so I’m just now beginning to go over unit changes.

With the Royal Family battalion

On 6/25/2018 at 6:52 PM, Creech said:

with eyes keener than mine 

Can‘t read a ****** thing, except the headlines  XD

I fear a lot of broken madness (chain summoning of suicide GKs in royal family or such) will hopefully be clarified in the next faq... and instead of wreaking the alliance (rotn nerf) write well balanced rules.

I can’t wait to hold the book in my hands

3 minutes ago, Honk said:

Can‘t read a ****** thing, except the headlines  XD

I fear a lot of broken madness (chain summoning of suicide GKs in royal family or such) will hopefully be clarified in the next faq... and instead of wreaking the alliance (rotn nerf) write well balanced rules.

I can’t wait to hold the book in my hands

The errata from a few days ago changed royal family.  You can only summon one GK per game with it now.  

33 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

errata from a few days ago changed royal family

Well then, as feared, there you go... thx for all the fish  XD

The attendants battalion also doesn’t really tickles my palate, since all summoning is once per game... so back to dead watch or menagerie as usual 

but a gkotg and gkozd combo might be interesting too... flayer/horrors with a varghulf into the backfield sounds nice

I think attendants is good, one King and two big horrors units, start the game with 3 command points, 1 for summoning double Varghoulf, 1 to run 6” (horrors moving 13” on the objectives), one to use for morale.

double King is good, but you have to play without a battallion and I’d rather not...

• Like 1

Am I being an idiot or missing something obvious here; we have to be WHOLELY within 12 to get deathless minions, but other undead can just have the unit within 6 (or 12 with command)?

Just wondering if running GA Death instead of FEC is worth a thought....

So I posted this on Facebook and didn't get much of a response, because this says "add models" rather than replace Slain models does it mean I can go over unit size? If anyone has the ghb18 and could read the summoning part that'd be cool

Screenshot_20180701-143313_Google Play Books.jpg

7 hours ago, Ajay29 said:

Am I being an idiot or missing something obvious here; we have to be WHOLELY within 12 to get deathless minions, but other undead can just have the unit within 6 (or 12 with command)?

Just wondering if running GA Death instead of FEC is worth a thought....

Yep, that’s really bad for us, I don’t understand why we are the only ones Who got this nerf

With the 12” in bubble does it all have to be from one hero. Or could you have one hero on each side of a unit so every model is within 12” of a hero just not the same one?

Also remember wounds are assigned  1 at a time so say you took 10 wounds and 2 should where outside the 12” range. Kill those 2 first then you could still roll 6+ ignore on the other 8. 

Edited by Reuben Parker
2nd point

Got my first games of AoS 2 in today (kids schedules) one with FEC and one with Ironjawz. Really a lot of fun and I like the new mechanics.

I ran the Royal Family list I laid out earlier in the thread. My opponent wasn't playing the most hardcore list but it still had some good things for generic chaos. Had 3 of the chaos dwarf mortal wound engines and also running the brass stampede. We called it end of turn 3 as I was overwhelming him on objectives and bodies. He did around 100 unsaved wounds but I still had more wounds on the table at the end of the game than the start.

The big horror unit with double varghulf regen royal family buffed meant I lost 12 over the game and still had the full unit at bottom of 3. I did lose my big 30 man ghoulblob and it showed me keeping a spare CP would be advisable for inspiring presence when needed. I did find with the big blob it was hard to get the 6+ save after save as the unit was too large. All the summoning and healing works really well as long as you can try to set the board up so your opponent cant one shot the big units you can really win on attrition and with ghouls popping up grabbing objectives. The swords and pendulum endless spells where really damaging as well.

Also as an aside does anyone know where the rules are for holding objectives in AoS2. In previous editions it was under the battle plan but the new plans didnt seem to list the holding requirements. We just played most models in 6" and 20 man units trump smaller units but not sure if thats correct.

Edited by Reuben Parker
  • Like 1

My FEC has been my major army since I started AOS.  I felt they were incredibly weak before, and the traits in GH2017 felt more like being thrown a bone.  The changes in 2.0 seem like the army improved (but it was hard to be worse) but I can't help but feel it's still far from good.  Majestic Horror is the best trait, but that restricts you to a Ghoul King as general, meaning that you only have Ghouls as battleline.  Free summons are good, even if 1/game, but I still feel like the army lacks stability and hitting power.  My games in 1.0 showed that even a block of 30 ghouls backed with 2 Crypt Ghast Courtiers could get absolutely destroyed by anything that puts out lots of attacks (which is plenty of things now).  The overall lack of rend in the entire army.

I have yet to think of any lists for 2.0, so I'm curious what my fellow noble monarchs come up with.