AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

7 hours ago, Diablo said:

I have big doubts that I have a chance with my FEC list 

We have none of them crazies around here, so I don’t know what their thing is. I guess the -1 to hit or reroll 6s might hardcounter the poor flayers. Insta progg then to horrors... and try to position for counter charge, I guess if 20 deamonettes charge you, things hurt

Versus heavy hit armies like Slaanesh or DoK its all about sustain. You have no way of out speeding them, so you have to survive the initial onslaught and let numbers do the work. I would definitely go with a ghoul patrol set up vs armies like that over the Deathwatch. Flayer/TG squadrons are just to easy to remove all the models in a single combat.

1 hour ago, mrbedlam said:

Versus heavy hit armies like Slaanesh or DoK its all about sustain. You have no way of out speeding them, so you have to survive the initial onslaught and let numbers do the work. I would definitely go with a ghoul patrol set up vs armies like that over the Deathwatch. Flayer/TG squadrons are just to easy to remove all the models in a single combat.

The more I play this army the more I think the attrition game is the best way to run it.  Against the most competitive armies I have had the most success with huge clumps of Ghouls backed with redundant buffers mixed with a few of our big bads (AGK on ZD or AGK on TG). These are our two strengths. This version of the game is so centered on objectives and massed troops that going elite seems a tough road to me.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheWilddog said:

The more I play this army the more I think the attrition game is the best way to run it.  Against the most competitive armies I have had the most success with huge clumps of Ghouls backed with redundant buffers mixed with a few of our big bads (AGK on ZD or AGK on TG). These are our two strengths. This version of the game is so centered on objectives and massed troops that going elite seems a tough road to me.  

I agree. The only thing that really sucks is that our GK on TG or ZD don't benefit from look out sir and get sniped easily. You have to play super cagey and summon with them turn 1, which sucks because I don't always want that Flayer/Horror unit out at that point.  But all my games with FEC (admittedly not always against competitive players) are won on the backs of a combo of Ghoul Patrol, Majestic Horror and the Flayed Pennant

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, totally agree.

Our strongest list is ghoul patrol with monstermash. Especially most versatile and most flexible. There are some other nice/fun combos out there, but going in a total random encounter scenario/mission monster heavy ghoul patrol

• Like 1

So i won the tournament I've been talking about, first time playing FEC, the tourney was small, just 6 people, because there was big 40k team tournament at the same weekend

1st game against nighthaunt with lotsa grimgast reapers and chainrasps, mission - better part of valor, my opponent made a mistake and left 1 objective unguarded, so I sent 10 patroling ghouls there, whille others held the charge from reserves (he got one unit in with 10" charge so attacks in charge phase helped him to slaughter 20 ghouls) then i just started the grind to victory.

2nd game vs seraphon (dodged the bullet of kunning rukk, our local champ. He was topped by sylvaneth that I faced in the final) mission - starstrike (not sure, the one from GHB17 with 3 comets), got 2 comets falling on my left flank that I swarmed with ghouls and it ended with time break with me controling 1 comet, whille in position to regain controll over the other and score 8 to 6 in my favor.

3rd game, escallation against sylvaneth dreadwood with Allariel and 12 scythe kurnoths, survived the initial charge from both medium tree people and their queen, killed almost all kurnoths by double king charge from the flanks, got double turn, tied up Allariele, sterted to mop up the rest of kurnoths, whille king on terrorgheist was freed from combat due to casualties removal and started to rampage through the backfield whille summoned flayers and one unit of ghouls liberated flank objectives, by turn 3 kurnoths and goddes have been dealt with and it was obvious who is the winner here.

Extremely durable army, lost 20 ghouls 1st game, 20 ghouls, ghast courtier and terrorgheist 2nd game, 20 ghouls and ghast courtier 3rd game (maybe due to the fact that my opponents have been unfamilliar with the army)

And here is my list:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Delusion: Crusading Army
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Trait: Magestic Horror 
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak 
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
- Artefact: Miasmatic Blade 
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)

Battleline
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Units
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (180)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 114

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, XReN said:

So i won the tournament I've been talking about, first time playing FEC, the tourney was small, just 6 people, because there was big 40k team tournament at the same weekend

1st game against nighthaunt with lotsa grimgast reapers and chainrasps, mission - better part of valor, my opponent made a mistake and left 1 objective unguarded, so I sent 10 patroling ghouls there, whille others held the charge from reserves (he got one unit in with 10" charge so attacks in charge phase helped him to slaughter 20 ghouls) then i just started the grind to victory.

2nd game vs seraphon (dodged the bullet of kunning rukk, our local champ. He was topped by sylvaneth that I faced in the final) mission - starstrike (not sure, the one from GHB17 with 3 comets), got 2 comets falling on my left flank that I swarmed with ghouls and it ended with time break with me controling 1 comet, whille in position to regain controll over the other and score 8 to 6 in my favor.

3rd game, escallation against sylvaneth dreadwood with Allariel and 12 scythe kurnoths, survived the initial charge from both medium tree people and their queen, killed almost all kurnoths by double king charge from the flanks, got double turn, tied up Allariele, sterted to mop up the rest of kurnoths, whille king on terrorgheist was freed from combat due to casualties removal and started to rampage through the backfield whille summoned flayers and one unit of ghouls liberated flank objectives, by turn 3 kurnoths and goddes have been dealt with and it was obvious who is the winner here.

Extremely durable army, lost 20 ghouls 1st game, 20 ghouls, ghast courtier and terrorgheist 2nd game, 20 ghouls and ghast courtier 3rd game (maybe due to the fact that my opponents have been unfamilliar with the army)

And here is my list:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Delusion: Crusading Army
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Trait: Magestic Horror 
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak 
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
- Artefact: Miasmatic Blade 

Battleline
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Units
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (180)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 114

This is the same list I’m running, with relics swapped.

did your ghouls survive? How did you position the monsters?

7 minutes ago, Glaurung said:

This is the same list I’m running, with relics swapped.

did your ghouls survive? How did you position the monsters?

Yeah, I listed my casualties, when you have up to 24 dice to res, it's hard to lose units.  Usually when they double teamed something - they did it from flanks, to cut opponents manouverabiliti, when not charging something they stayed behind the screen, and 2nd game I didn't even bothered to move ZD anywhere close to the enemy, he just stayed in the middle of the army, giving everything hit rerolls and ward saves as I played objectives game

Edited by XReN

Now I'm really thinking of taking 30/10/10 ghouls, so I can properly screen and also be able to prevent bravery loses with 1 CP if something touches them 1st turn before I even started bringing in new ghouls and casting Unholy Vitality

Edited by XReN

49 minutes ago, Bill_S said:

Ok, got back from Michigan GT last night and happy to report a very successful tournament. After 5 games vs. KO, Khorne (CoB), LoN, LoN, Nurgle I was lucky enough to take the big “W.” 5-0 and 242/250 BP. Same list as Nova

Congrats, love to see the FEC rocking it out.  How large was the field and what else did well? I looked on the FB page and could only see 40k coverage/standings. Is there a place where the AOS stuff got put out?

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Bill_S said:

Ok, got back from Michigan GT last night and happy to report a very successful tournament. After 5 games vs. KO, Khorne (CoB), LoN, LoN, Nurgle I was lucky enough to take the big “W.” 5-0 and 242/250 BP. Same list as Nova

Congrats Bud, great to see the same list doing so well again.

Would love some more info on this when you get chance. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

Congrats, love to see the FEC rocking it out.  How large was the field and what else did well? I looked on the FB page and could only see 40k coverage/standings. Is there a place where the AOS stuff got put out?

Sadly was only 22 strong day 1. Finished out at 19? I think. Here is the top 7. 

84BBB155-C34B-4466-9D89-617EC416FFF9.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bill_S said:

happy to report a very successful tournament. 

And there he though his list was specially tailored and not working in a normal competitive environment...

well you sure showed yourself where‘s what ??

hail the king...

• Haha 1

Do you think the prevelance of Nagash lists is due to the LoN book still being relatively new or is it just that good right now with AoS 2.0?  I'm the only death player in my area and I play FEC and NH so I haven't seen it in action yet. Also what does this list do for that match up besides having a mass of regenerating big monsters they have to chew through and the 5 unbinds coming at Nagash's head?

3 minutes ago, mrbedlam said:

Do you think the prevelance of Nagash lists is due to the LoN book still being relatively new or is it just that good right now with AoS 2.0?  I'm the only death player in my area and I play FEC and NH so I haven't seen it in action yet. Also what does this list do for that match up besides having a mass of regenerating big monsters they have to chew through and the 5 unbinds coming at Nagash's head?

Current tournament win % point to DoK being the best army out there and LoN being the second. However LoN is far more popular in number of players I guess a lot of people don’t want to paint 90 wych elves. However LoN can often be played and be very good without Nagash

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CanHammer-darren said:

Hmm.  Seems like monster mash is the thing these days.  Very interesting 

The tides have turned. As Ben showed, if you know what your doing, 3x10 ghouls are horde enough.

not sure how I might pull this off but it is possible ?

Not sure if I’m fooling myself, but there are so many good options to play LoN/FEC semi competitive these days... great to be dead