AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

Everything is the same, artefacts and traits.

you can double summon with majestic horror or summon 10 ghouls if you lack the command ability.

crusanding army rerolls charges and run moves. Some minor changes to other delusions.

deathless minions has 12” range 

27 minutes ago, Glaurung said:

you can double summon with majestic horror or summon 10 ghouls if you lack the command ability.

crusanding army rerolls charges and run moves. Some minor changes to other delusions.

Bit disappointing tbh...

Sounds like Majestic Horror and Crusading Army are the no-brainier choices, dunno why you’d take anything else...

Was hoping for more, might mean the FEC go bye bye ?

Thanks for the info though!

21 minutes ago, Elmir said:

Changes to attendants at court or royal family?

No, not in the GH2018.

on the 30th there will be a FAQ though, so we can expect clarifications there.

I don’t know, if you go majestic horror you don’t get horrors as battleline... And having two mounted Kings that reroll 1s to hit is so good.

2 hours ago, Ajay29 said:

Bit disappointing tbh...

Sounds like Majestic Horror and Crusading Army are the no-brainier choices, dunno why you’d take anything else...

Was hoping for more, might mean the FEC go bye bye ?

Thanks for the info though!

Obviously different elements grab different people. My FEC have been shelved since the first handbook but I’m really excited for them in AoS2. 

Yes those two two options seem the best however as you can choose a new general and trait when the first one dies it does give you more flexibility in game.  I think all the changes seem to be pointing to FEC playing as a reserve summoning army which is what grabbed me about them in the first place. 

Option 2 multiple ridden monsters is now also a much better option due to them being able to summon. You can make the case that they’re 110 cheaper now  as summon a 160 point unit but minus 50 as a CP is “worth” 50.  I think a lot of what will make them playable is the nature of the missions. If there are multiple missions with large numbers of spread out objectives FEC summoning could be a strong foil in the meta. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2018 at 12:47 PM, Inqy said:

summoned units are at minimum size and there's no way to boost their numbers beyond that, s.

Where did you hear there is no way to boost past minimum size?

How about normal deployed units? cannot add models to unit?

8 minutes ago, soots said:

Where did you hear there is no way to boost past minimum size?

How about normal deployed units? cannot add models to unit?

They said in the podcast that you can’t do it, because it would not be fair (and I agree with this).

17 minutes ago, Auriel said:

Question about Majestic Horror: Can you double summon with a single command point, or is this worded such that you would need 2 command points to summon twice at the same time? Thank you!

It is worded so you only spend one cp for using the command ability twice on your general. 

Attendants at court and the royal family are both now not worth the points I'd say, a single ghoul king on foot isn't a great thing to get at the end of a movement phase, neither is 1 command point if in range of the haunter courtier

Soooo....The new majestic horror allows the general to use the same command ability twice at the cost of one cp, however the errata states that we can only use i.e. the ghoul King on terrorgheist command ability, if it has not used it  earlier in the battle. If I understand it correctly, the errata basically rendered MH useless??

3 hours ago, Flindt said:

Soooo....The new majestic horror allows the general to use the same command ability twice at the cost of one cp, however the errata states that we can only use i.e. the ghoul King on terrorgheist command ability, if it has not used it  earlier in the battle. If I understand it correctly, the errata basically rendered MH useless??

What's the exact wording on the new MH?

Question about the base sizes:

AGK is listed as a 25mm base, but the model as provided in the kit with large stone base LITERALLY DOES NOT FIT ON A 25mm base.

Additionally, crypt ghast courtier is listed as a 25mm base, but the kit packs a larger base for this model and the instructions specifically mention a larger base if making a crypt ghast courtier.

There's not even a question up there. Just doesn't make sense at all. I'm not rebasing these...(in the case of the AGK, it literally doesn't fit...)

If you use the rock provided for AGK as described in the kit, it doesnt even fit well on 32mm base. Unrelated to FEC, I also noticed they listed Cairn Wraith (wich comes with a 25mm base, as 32mm. Same with tomb banshee, although she still only comes with a small square.)

Edited by KoalaSnok
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Inqy said:

What's the exact wording on the new MH?

The exact wording is: "If this general is chosen as the model that uses a command ability that summons FLESH-EATER COURTS models to the battlefield, they can use it twice in succession without a command point having to be spent a second time. If they do not have such a command ability, they can use the Summon Men-at-arms ability from the Abhorrant Ghoul King warscroll"

I think it is fairly obvious that this is intended to be the exception to the rule of "one use only". Basically he uses it once but gets twice the effect. They sure could have worded it differently though. Say -  "If this general is chosen as the model that uses a command ability that summons FLESH-EATER COURTS models to the battlefield, set up twice as many units as described... blabla menatarms."

They stated clearly in the new designers notes that any warscrolls that contradict the core rules, i.e. Lord Kroak being able to cast a certain spell 3 times in the same hero phase, are indeed exceptions which are allowed in matched play. Warscrolls overrule core rules. I would beleive the same goes for command traits, battle traits and artefacts.

Edited by KoalaSnok

On 6/25/2018 at 11:23 PM, Glaurung said:

Hi! Can you tell if majestic horror will double summon ghoul king from the royal family CA as well?

My gut feeling is that the base sizing for the ghoul king and crypt ghast courtier is an oversight and will hopefully be corrected, I wouldnt expect GW to supply a kit with a 32mm base and then tell u that they advise you use a smaller one. They do also emphasise it is a suggested base size. Also its different to the base sizes they show in official images of their models.