AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

1 hour ago, Gdead909 said:

Hey guys I have a question about Royal Menagerie. So as far as i understand it, in a battalion if the named thing is not in bold then anything with that keyword counts. So if i take AGK on a zombie dragon that should count toward the battalion correct?

it's the opposite. Only if in the box of the units they are written in bold they are keywords. In royal managerie they are not bold, so no GKoDZ\TG allowed.

2 Days ago I took a combined Ghoul Patrol/Menagerie to a 2k Tournament
Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Delusion: Crusading Army
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
- General
- Trait: Magestic Horror 
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
- Artefact: The Flayed Pennant 
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
Terrorgheist (300)
Terrorgheist (300)
Zombie Dragon (300)
Ghoul Patrol (180)
Royal Menagerie (140)

Total: 2000 / 2000

I managed third place (albeit a small tournament) with 1 wound in the third game keeping me from 2nd.

As pointed out above, the menagerie battalion is....eh at most (Not helped my dragons abilities to fluff almost every roll) and I used it purely for the 6" bonus move turn 1 and after that it pretty much never mattered again, I would probably drop it next time and take 3 GKoTG instead, purely for the extra summons, guaranteed d3 healing instead of 1 and the situational d3 and another 240 to invest elsewhere. 

Edited by Moogypies
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 5:21 PM, JCar09 said:

I think he gryph- Feahter is much better than ethereal amulet for save 4+.   

Gryph-feather Charm

Subtract 1 from hit rolls for attacks that target
the bearer. In addition, add 1" to the bearer’s
Move characteristic.

As written it works against all attacks (both cc and shooting). Nice.

I took this list to a small one dayer (2000pts, 3 games) at the weekend. No realm rules in effect.

Delusion: Crusading Army

General : AGK on TD - Majestic Horror, Blood River Chalice

AGK on Terror - Grim Garland 

AGK on Terror

Crypt Ghast Courtier 

20, 20, 10 Ghouls

Ghoul Patrol

3 games, 3 Major wins, and took 1st place!

Played Stormcast, Sylvaneth and DoK. 

Summoned 2 Varghulfs and a unit of Horrors turn 1 (always gave my opponent first turn- but never got a double turn!) to tie up their advance, threw the three big monsters into the middle, and used the Ghouls to score objectives.

None of my monsters lasted more then 2 turns, but that was enough time to let my troops score. Ghoul Patrol seems really strong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rekmeister said:

Gryph Feather Charm is  my go to artefact if I'm not looking to abuse a specific rules interaction. Every army has to make hit rolls; and it's the first roll an enemy unit makes to determine whether or not it is going to wound your hero.

Skaven Skryre Warpfire Throwers & Warp Lightning Cannon crews:
<Hold my beer>
:D

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Rekmeister said:

@XReN Two fringe warscrolls having contrarian rules doesn't stop Gryph Feather Charm from being the best artefact in the realms.

I was just being funny, that's all
Also they aren't the only ones who don't need to roll. SCE have Evocator's arch lightnings and Paladin's SS Maces and many other ways to deal MW without hit rolls.  Also there is offensive magic, prayers and other stuff.
GF Charm is by far not the best artefact, it's just great on 4+ monsters and foot characters who does not heve better defence options
For monters with 3+ it will be Etherial amulet which is insane and it's introduction is one big mistake.
For SCE Star Drake Ignax's Scales is the best, because of the best saves in the game
And that was only defensive options, somebody might even throw out defence and go offence with blade of judgement, runeblade (as well as it's ulgu collegue) and ghyrstrike. 
It might be the best defence option for FEC, not the best realm artefact

Edited by XReN

The Gryph Feather probably is the most effective in terms of overall damage mitigation, but if you're running Royal Family I think the Aetherquartz Brooch is too good to pass up on. With so much summoning its a real help getting the command points back so you can get the Crypt Ghouls on the board quicker, or just for giving units battleshock immunity. If you're going this way you still get the Mirrored Cuirass to block 33% of mortal wounds, and can even deflect a few back if you get lucky.

Sidenote question: Does anyone know if the Mirrored Cuirass combines with Deathless Courtiers (giving you a 5+/6+ against mortal wounds)? Or do you lose Deathless Courtiers by taking this artifact?

4 minutes ago, Towenaar said:

Sidenote question: Does anyone know if the Mirrored Cuirass combines with Deathless Courtiers (giving you a 5+/6+ against mortal wounds)? Or do you lose Deathless Courtiers by taking this artifact?

You always roll all your preventive abilities

1 hour ago, The Nameless One said:

None of my monsters lasted more then 2 turns, but that was enough time to let my troops score.

Distraction Carnifex Galore... teach them to play the objective game!!!

and of course:

All hail to the victor!!!

• Like 1

My local SCE player has started to learn that he should Ballista the GK on Terrorghiest off the board as fast as possible. Its gotten bad enough that if I don't get the first turn I have to rely on die rolls to keep the thing alive long enough to summon anything. Time to start taking 2!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Been looking at this army for awhile and reading through it seems most go for Crypt Ghoul units of 10-20 for Battleline. Is it at all viable to go purely Flayer or Horror with their respective battalions + a GKoTG & GKoZD? Was thinking something along the lines of this:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
Crypt Infernal Courtier (140)
- General
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (440)
6 x Crypt Flayers (320)
6 x Crypt Flayers (320)
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)
Deadwatch (170)

Total: 1950 / 2000

Maybe drop a King in order to bring more Flayers and another Courtier or something? The SC boxes would give me Ghouls to summon in as well if I had a regular GK or two...could be good for objective camping? I expected this to be another type of Horde army but most of the lists I'm seeing do not go above 30-40 Crypt Ghouls total, I just really enjoy more MSU's of elite troops for armies.

• Like 1