AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

The FEC white dwarf update will replace the BoK update as the least impactful WD update to date. 

The throne gains an inhibit battleshock immunity within 12.

there's a heroic action to muster on a die roll in 10 inches. 6 dice, 2+ for serfs, 5+ fur knights

a grand strategy that needs 3 summoned units alive at the end

3 battle tactics,

scream something to death

kill a monster that has had less than 5 wounds allocated to it (bonus point for doing it with an abhorrent)

conquer an objective with a serf, knight and courier all together. 

It is no feast, only famine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Does the anti battleshock also work vs Ossiarchs? (Faq needed?)

Ghoulish Landmark

While an enemy unit is within 12" of any terrain features with this scenery rule, it cannot be affected by any abilities that allow units to ignore battleshock tests. 

WD rules are out being leaked in short

Throne: Enemies within 12" rules to stop battleshock are not allowed. If you have a hero Garrisoning it then any hero wholly within 12" don't spend CP to summon (all summoning added from all leaders)

Heroic Action: Any FeC hero can do instead of other heroic actions, Roll 6 dice, for each 2+ return 1 slain serfs model to any unit within 10". For each 5+ return 1 slain knights model to any unit within 10"

Grand Strategies: End of battle you get this if 3 FeC units are still alive that did not start in your starting army.

Battle Tactics 
Score if you killed a unit with missiles weapons
Pick an enemy monster that has not suffered more than 5 wounds, kill it and gain a VP, gain a bonus VP if an Abhorrant killed it.
Pick 1 objective enemy controls, you score this if you control it and have at least 1Serfs, 1 Knight, and 1 Courtier unit contesting it.

Over all the Throne is much better, the Heroic Action is very good, the Battle tactics are very meh, 2 of them I can see being used for sure, 1 a lot more than the other 2. The Grand Strategy is not very good. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tomplex said:

Ghoulish Landmark

While an enemy unit is within 12" of any terrain features with this scenery rule, it cannot be affected by any abilities that allow units to ignore battleshock tests. 

I know. Is there a definition for Abilities? Because, you know „Allegiance Abilities „ grand the BS-Immunity to Ossiarchs. ^^

8 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I know. Is there a definition for Abilities? Because, you know „Allegiance Abilities „ grand the BS-Immunity to Ossiarchs. ^^

My gut says it should affect bonereapers because of 1.6.3. The allegiance ability is granted first and the contradictory ability only applies later when entering 12 inches of the terrain, but I'm not a rules guy. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2022 at 12:31 AM, Maddpainting said:

Heroic Action: Any FeC hero can do instead of other heroic actions, Roll 6 dice, for each 2+ return 1 slain serfs model to any unit within 10". For each 5+ return 1 slain knights model to any unit within 10"

I’m seriously stoked about this tidbit. Royals being able to return models is a big deal which breaks a serious design feature of the army. They didn’t even include the “wholly within” hate that is a signature move the Devs like to hit Death stuff with.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 6/12/2022 at 2:39 PM, Evil Bob said:

I’m seriously stoked about this tidbit.

Yes, that opens up some interesting options…

not sure how that balances the varghulf vs infernal (vs Gk), but when a (6 flayer) unit gets lit, you don’t really need two courtiers for regen 🤔

So we've got many new rules with the WD update and the new GHB 2022-2023 Galletian Veteran keyword.

Have you already though about new list ideas?

Do you plan to include 6 pack Flayers as they can now fight on two rows? Do you plan to skip on the Vargulf as our GK/AA can now return model with that sweet new heroic action? What about an infernal courtier that can now return model two times in the hero phase?

I'm quite excited with all the changes, but I am still a novice player, so I'm keen to know what you guys have in mind.

Edit: Spelling mistakes.

Edited by Nqshou
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 4:22 AM, Nqshou said:

So we've got many new rules with the WD update and the new GHB 2022-2023 Galletian Veteran keyword.

Have you already though about new list ideas?

Do you plan to include 6 pack Flayers as they can now fight on two rows? Do you plan to skip on the Vargulf as our GK/AA can now return model with that sweet new heroic action? What about an infernal courtier that can now return model two times in the hero phase?

I'm quite excited with all the changes, but I am still a novice player, so I'm keen to know what you guys have in mind.

Edit: Spelling mistakes.

I was already using 6 packs of flayers. It was pretty common to lose one to shooting or something, so coherency wasn't that bad. 

Having the heroic action is very nice, but I don't think it will cause me to shelve my varghulf, as it doesn't change the reasons for taking him at all. I do like that my abhorrents can return models now, and it makes our recovery mechanics that much more resilient.

I am wondering if the upcoming changes might be enough to make bricks of 30 crypt ghouls worth while, or if they are still just too fragile.

On 6/16/2022 at 3:16 AM, Honk said:

Yes, that opens up some interesting options…

not sure how that balances the varghulf vs infernal (vs Gk), but when a (6 flayer) unit gets lit, you don’t really need two courtiers for regen 🤔

Some people were already of the mindset to only go GKoTG. They’ve just been thrown a major bone. If I didn’t like playing different force compositions every time I would consider it.

Aside with the threat of always strikes last from other large veteran mobs six Crypt Flayers might be the only option now. I may even deploy nine with my old fav of Blisterskin. Finally justification for having eighteen of these models in AoS 3.0.

But seriously unless there are major point hikes sometime this year I’ll pull a Blisterskin force of Two GKoTG and Three units of 6x Crypt Flayers for 1970 points. Lords of the Burning Sky’s CA could come in extra handy.  My regrets are no Feast Day and the force will be stuck at four drops if I want all the Flayers to be in the same battalion for +1D on other veterans.  What a crazy time to be playing this game…

Edited by Evil Bob
Tried to will a delusion.
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I hope the other two Death armies also get their ward made unconditional. It functionally already is, anyway, but it would lighten the mental load.

Seconded, here is to hoping.

I don’t know about you Neil but if the Devs are actually realizing “mistakes were made” this is big news.  More so with Jervis gone and retired.  

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 8:23 PM, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

ut it would lighten the mental load.

It sure would, but on the other hand, I like the challenge 😁 although I ****** it up a lot of times. The whole switch from within to wholly within made positioning a lot more demanding. One overexcited pile in and things blow up.

I declare pushing around 4 megas and calling a redeploy not really playing a game. 
rather loose by forgetting to activate my coven throne CA during Hero Phase or having uncontrollably bloodthirsty flying Bretonian knights 

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2022 at 2:23 PM, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I hope the other two Death armies also get their ward made unconditional. It functionally already is, anyway, but it would lighten the mental load.

I don't mind mental load, but yeah, it needs to be proportional to the effect on the game.  A 6+ ward is almost nothing, you shouldn't have to expend effort maintaining it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bonzai said:

Got a game in today, and tried out the new heroic action. Being able to return models during my opponents hero phase was really clutch. It really upped my units survivability helped me win the war of attrition.

The heroic action can only be used in your hero phase. It says "at the start of your hero phase, you can carry out this heroic action instead blaa blaa"

19 hours ago, angrycontra said:

The heroic action can only be used in your hero phase. It says "at the start of your hero phase, you can carry out this heroic action instead blaa blaa"

Doh! I read the action it's self, not the paragraph above it. Your right. Thats a bummer. It's still nice, but not nearly as strong.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, bonzai said:

read the action it's self, not the paragraph above it.

Keep it for extra friendly games 😇😈

but I loved the double healing for abhorrents, I‘m sure a double muster will find uses.

it might even make a 9+3 model units more viable, instead of my usual 6+6 approach, because regenerating 4-6 models is possible.