AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

15 minutes ago, KibaWildFang said:

I’ve been seeing his lists for a while, they’re always really interesting. So, I’m nowhere near Bill’s skill level, so he can probably get more use out of MSU flayers than I can. Should I stick to my 6-man unit, then? Guess I really gotta test around.

I'd still sick with msu. I wouldn't bother with the six man units because coherency rules are just absurd. More small units allows more board coverage . 

25 minutes ago, Aphotic said:

I'd still sick with msu. I wouldn't bother with the six man units because coherency rules are just absurd. More small units allows more board coverage . 

That’s my worry. I wanted to have a unit of 6 to bear the brunt of attacks and be able to muster, but thats 180 points not getting their full attacks in most likely. Mustering definitely feels like more of a “hey I can do this” bonus, rather than a “break your opponent’s back with this mechanic” thing. The summoning and frenzy is where its really at I’ve found.

7 hours ago, KibaWildFang said:

That’s my worry. I wanted to have a unit of 6 to bear the brunt of attacks and be able to muster, but thats 180 points not getting their full attacks in most likely. Mustering definitely feels like more of a “hey I can do this” bonus, rather than a “break your opponent’s back with this mechanic” thing. The summoning and frenzy is where its really at I’ve found.

I think 6man units are fine. You can get 4 into combat if you make 2 3man triangles with the unit. Once you lose one model you can then do whatever you want just be careful when you muster because of coherency.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheMailman66 said:

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Really really well… then you get crushed 🤪

To win against any army, you’ll need to know where they are strong and avoid that, then you’ll also need to know where they are weak and Hammer that in… and Play the objectives doing that 🤓

FEC is fast, has mortal wound output and good summoning. The GkoTg still is devastating if it crushes into something…

fec also is fragile, with no armor, very hero dependent which die easily and needs magic without serious cast buffs…

just because Ben won a big tournament, doesn’t mean we didn’t loose some power from AoS 2.0 - 3.0, but still fun and nice to play, with lots of options, even with the small roster 

2 hours ago, Honk said:

Really really well… then you get crushed 🤪

To win against any army, you’ll need to know where they are strong and avoid that, then you’ll also need to know where they are weak and Hammer that in… and Play the objectives doing that 🤓

FEC is fast, has mortal wound output and good summoning. The GkoTg still is devastating if it crushes into something…

fec also is fragile, with no armor, very hero dependent which die eas

Yeah, I'm not really concerned with tournament winning lists or anything, I just want to have fun games that are competitive. 

They scratch every itch I have about starting a new army, being fast and hitting hard, 

2 hours ago, Honk said:
Really really well… then you get crushed 🤪

To win against any army, you’ll need to know where they are strong and avoid that, then you’ll also need to know where they are weak and Hammer that in… and Play the objectives doing that 🤓

fec also is fragile, with no armor, very hero dependent which die easily and needs magic without serious cast buffs…

just because Ben won a big tournament, doesn’t mean we didn’t loose some power from AoS 2.0 - 3.0, but still fun and nice to play, with lots of options, even with the small roster 

Click and drag to move

ily and needs magic without serious cast buffs…

Yeah, I'm not really concerned with tournament winning lists or anything, I just want to have fun games that are competitive. 

They scratch every itch I have about starting a new army, being fast and hitting hard, but I play against a pretty limited pool so I have to be pretty choosey when starting something new.

1 hour ago, TheMailman66 said:

They scratch every itch I have about starting a new army, being fast and hitting hard

That‘s a good base for sure…

then I would recommend two Start Collecting Boxes, a varghulf and an Archregent. some people are able to magnetize the flayer/horror models (the arms are figure specific) same for the Tg/Zd, I’m not one of them, I had to learn…

double GkoTg with regent, infernal and some ghouls and flayers are a nice base for a fast blisterskin army around 1.5k

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Honk said:

That‘s a good base for sure…

then I would recommend two Start Collecting Boxes, a varghulf and an Archregent. some people are able to magnetize the flayer/horror models (the arms are figure specific) same for the Tg/Zd, I’m not one of them, I had to learn…

double GkoTg with regent, infernal and some ghouls and flayers are a nice base for a fast blisterskin army around 1.5k

Agree with everything @Honk says. FEC have one of the best SC boxes because of the limited range (which is the only downside to FEC imo). Make sure to pick up the Charnel Throne terrain piece, too!

• Haha 1

Tried a beautiful Morghaunt Ghoul Spam…

sadly we played the wrong scenario 😱 only heroes could claim and stuff.

Throwing my brave serfs into the pyres of war was epic, but not successful 🥳

GkoTg, AAR, 2Gk, 2Ghasts, 4x20 Ghouls and the chalice…

sadly 16 ghouls all out attacking with 4 Attacks and frenzy are not enough to kill 5 brutes all out defending… last one had 1hp remaining 😩

GkoTg had positioning issues and got Gordrakked 🤯

9C797F3F-52AE-46CB-A074-C8C25E833634.jpeg

• Sad 1

On 8/16/2021 at 4:04 PM, Predien said:

I think 6man units are fine. You can get 4 into combat if you make 2 3man triangles with the unit. Once you lose one model you can then do whatever you want just be careful when you muster because of coherency.

With this in mind (thanks for the input btw), I came up with a one-drop list!

Feast Day, Battle Regiment

Archregent (general: Dark Wizardry)

Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (Gruesome Bite, Amulet of Destiny, Flaming Weapon)

Varghulf

Infernal Courtier

3x10 ghouls

2x6 flayers

comes out to 1985 and hits the table all at once. Summons are of course 3 flayers and 20 ghouls.

Just now, KibaWildFang said:

With this in mind (thanks for the input btw), I came up with a one-drop list!

Feast Day, Battle Regiment

Archregent (general: Dark Wizardry)

Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (Gruesome Bite, Amulet of Destiny, Flaming Weapon)

Varghulf

Infernal Courtier

3x10 ghouls

2x6 flayers

comes out to 1985 and hits the table all at once. Summons are of course 3 flayers and 20 ghouls.

You've taken too many sub commanders for it to be one drop.

It's 1 x Commander (GKoRTG) plus 2 x optional Sub Commanders (AAR and Varghulf).

Remove the Infernal Courtier to make it legal and tweak the points as you see fit.

7 minutes ago, Liquidsteel said:

You've taken too many sub commanders for it to be one drop.

It's 1 x Commander (GKoRTG) plus 2 x optional Sub Commanders (AAR and Varghulf).

Remove the Infernal Courtier to make it legal and tweak the points as you see fit.

When I go to list building, it says the archregent can fill the Commander or Sub commander role. I have the Gheist King take the monster role, while the Varghulf and the Infernal Courtier both take Sub commanders

• a Commander, depicted as a Stormcast hero on a Dracoth mount, is a unit which has the Leader keyword. These units are all Heroes, but not all Heroes are Leaders, so beware of that. A Fyreslayers Grimwrath Berzerker, for example, is a Hero (keyword), but not a Leader (pitched battlefield role), so he doesn’t fit this slot in your core battalion, but a Fyreslayers Battlesmith is a Hero and a Leader, so he does fit in this slot. Leaders are typically Heroes that are able to give buffs to other units in your army.
  • a Sub-commander, depicted as a Stormcast hero, has the same requirements as a Leader, but it has to have less than 10 Wounds on its warscroll. A Sub-Commander doesn’t play a different role than a Commander, but it allows you to bring more Leaders in your battalion while restricting you from taking your most powerful options because of the Wounds limit. For example, a Cities of Sigmar army has many options for this role, such as the Freeguild General and the Nomad Prince.

•  
  • (this part isn’t copy pasted, just a pain for me to remove the dots)A sub commander’s only restriction is that is HAS to be less than 8 wounds. A commander can have any amount of wounds and still fill the role, from the way it is written 
Edited by KibaWildFang

8 minutes ago, KibaWildFang said:

When I go to list building, it says the archregent can fill the Commander or Sub commander role. I have the Gheist King take the monster role, while the Varghulf and the Infernal Courtier both take Sub commanders

The King is a Leader and therefore cannot fit the "Monster".

4 minutes ago, Liquidsteel said:

The King is a Leader and therefore cannot fit the "Monster".

Yes it can? For Seraphon, the Engine of the Gods is a Leader and can fit in the Monster/Artillery role. How can the mounted king not do the same? He still has the keyword.

Edit: excuse me, Behemoth keyword. Also I see now. Behemoth needs to NOT include leader, but Artillery doesn’t care if the keyword is there or not. That’s really convoluted, and also Battlescribe is wrong to allow the Gheist King into the monster/artillery slot if that’s the case

Edited by KibaWildFang

3 minutes ago, Liquidsteel said:

Correct, Core Battalions are based on battlefield role and not keyword. 

It's the same way conditional battlefield roles allow Stegadons in Thunderlizard or Terrorgheists in Gristlegore FEC to fit in to Battle Regiment as Troops but not as Monsters, nor in Alpha Beast pack etc

Thanks for the correction. With this in mind, quick update:

Battle Regiment, Feast Day

Archregent (general: Dark Wizardry, deranged transformation)

AGKoRTG (Gruesome Bite, Amulet, spectral host)

Varghulf

3x10 ghouls

2x6 Flayers

Corpsemare because I’m maxed out on battalion space.

Stupid convoluted rule lol. But at least I can work around it.

2 hours ago, Liquidsteel said:

Alternatively, if you drop 3 Flayers you can take an unridden Terrorgheist or Zombie Dragon as the "Monster".

I could, yeah. But it doesn’t pack nearly as much punch as a mounted rider does. It would have no regeneration, not even Heroic Recovery, and it would have a 5+ save and no innate Deathless Courtiers ward. Not to mention no Maw rerolls. And it can’t Frenzy itself if it really needs it.

On the other hand, it brings more to the table than 3 flayers and Corpsemare probably would. More consistent damage than Corpsemare, and 6s on the bite are still 6s. Not to mention a better scream. Its also pretty big and can deny more ground.

Its something to think about though. Not sure, what’s your opinion?

Edit: gheist actually has a 4+ save, which is much better, and regens if in range of an Abhorrant, which is meh.

Edited by KibaWildFang