AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

22 minutes ago, Honk said:

Looks funky...

sure, Magical Dominance and Strong shooting is the FEC bane, but you have to play the hand you were dealt...

It’s what I got. I was doing pretty well when it comes to magic. Granted it was 600 points againt no magic and some magic, so that doesn’t really count too much.

• Haha 1

So Battlescribe updated to AoS 3. While I am aware that it favors 40k, I feel that it still got something wrong, unless they changed how our faction works. It is saying I can only put one mount trait on my list with 2 mounted kings. Thats a pretty hefty change that I was not aware of before. However, BS also doesn’t count the GW FAQ for Seraphon, that allows the Thunder Lizard subfaction to take more than 4 behemoths, because they become battleline for TL and thar supercedes Behemoths. 

That’s gotta be an oversight on BS’s part, because one of our strengths is being able to take multiple mount traits.

6 minutes ago, KibaWildFang said:

So Battlescribe updated to AoS 3. While I am aware that it favors 40k, I feel that it still got something wrong, unless they changed how our faction works. It is saying I can only put one mount trait on my list with 2 mounted kings. Thats a pretty hefty change that I was not aware of before. However, BS also doesn’t count the GW FAQ for Seraphon, that allows the Thunder Lizard subfaction to take more than 4 behemoths, because they become battleline for TL and thar supercedes Behemoths. 

That’s gotta be an oversight on BS’s part, because one of our strengths is being able to take multiple mount traits.

That was always the case, you gained additional mount traits for each Warscroll Battalion, which no longer exist.

If you want a second Mount Trait, you need to take a Warlord of Command Entourage Battalion and select an additional mount trait.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Liquidsteel said:

That was always the case, you gained additional mount traits for each Warscroll Battalion, which no longer exist.

If you want a second Mount Trait, you need to take a Warlord of Command Entourage Battalion and select an additional mount trait.

I just heard that from a buddy on discord. Ouch. Good thing I’m running one Gheist King, many of the Dragon Mount traits were a bit underwhelming to me anyway

1 hour ago, Liquidsteel said:

If I were to run FEC right now I would still take two GKoRTG.

Take Command Entourage and fill it with an AAR plus a Varghulf. Then second GKoRTG goes in a Battle Regiment with your troops.

4 drops and you can still give both the Gruesome Bite trait.

That’s really solid, actually. However, I’m mixing it up mainly because the gheist is pretty daunting for me to paint atm. I also really want to summon in a 2nd Varghulf because I really like how they perform  on the table. I’m using my extra enhancement on the 5+ ward amulet for the Gheist

Next week, I‘ll take my court out for a little hunt… 🥳

Not sure about what court exactly, but probably a feast day:

D1F113C9-5F30-40FE-9DDB-348B22CEDA4C.png

since summoning is at the end of movement, as is the deep strike of the GkoZd, I‘m thinking of outflanking the dragon, with 3 horrors (from GkoTg) and a varghulf (GkoZd) 🤔 if the enemy is very cowardly I might use flayers, but otherwise…

regent will either summon another varghulf for the 6 flayertorpedo or 20 ghouls for more bodies 👻

thought about going blisterskin, but I love the discount mage infernal too much 

anybody with insights on FEC 3.0?! And the ghast is in the hunters btl.🤪

Edited by Honk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nuttyknatty said:

You can only take 1 mount trait (unless able to take an extra enhancement)?

I’ve missed this! Is this new? 

No, as already mentioned above, you always had 1 mount trait + 1 additional for taking a warscroll battalion.

It's essentially the same when taking Warlord/Command Entourage here, except you are limited to one choice from Artefact/Mount Trait etc

FEC came 1st of 98 in Summer Slaughter, 5/0/0

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

Leaders
Abhorrant Emperor (Merc) (525) in Battle Regiment
Gatebreaker Mega-Gargant
- Allies
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (445) in Warlord
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
Crypt Infernal Courtier (130) in Warlord
- General
- Command Trait: Dark Acolyte - Deranged Transformation
Varghulf Courtier (160) in Warlord
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon

Battleline
3 x Crypt Flayers (180) in Warlord
3 x Crypt Flayers (180) in Battle Regiment

Core Battalions
Battle Regiment
Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1980 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 525 / 400
Wounds: 111

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, plavski said:

FEC came 1st of 98 in Summer Slaughter, 5/0/0

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

Leaders
Abhorrant Emperor (Merc) (525) in Battle Regiment
Gatebreaker Mega-Gargant
- Allies
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (445) in Warlord
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
Crypt Infernal Courtier (130) in Warlord
- General
- Command Trait: Dark Acolyte - Deranged Transformation
Varghulf Courtier (160) in Warlord
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon

Battleline
3 x Crypt Flayers (180) in Warlord

Core Battalions
Battle Regiment
Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1980 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 525 / 400
Wounds: 111

Was there. It was piloted by bill souza captain of the team America etc team. List is brutally efficient.

1 hour ago, Aphotic said:

Was there. It was piloted by bill souza captain of the team America etc team. List is brutally efficient.

The Abhorrant Emperor is a... Mega-Gargant? Was that just a name he gave it? Also, I guess this proves that Flayers in groups of 3 aren’t that bad after all. Now I’m wondering if my list should break up its 6 man squad into 3s.

3 minutes ago, KibaWildFang said:

The Abhorrant Emperor is a... Mega-Gargant? Was that just a name he gave it? Also, I guess this proves that Flayers in groups of 3 aren’t that bad after all. Now I’m wondering if my list should break up its 6 man squad into 3s.

Yeah the emperor is a converted megagargant. The list is really fast so it can get stuck into gunlines and other lists like tzeentch and shut them down. 

Final round was against Kaleb Walters hosts duplicitous and the game really came down to it. As a tzeentch player myself, the flayers are a problem because of the mortal wound output. Of course the three man units are more efficient because of the coherency rules. You're getting every attack you can.

4 minutes ago, Aphotic said:

Yeah the emperor is a converted megagargant. The list is really fast so it can get stuck into gunlines and other lists like tzeentch and shut them down. 

Final round was against Kaleb Walters hosts duplicitous and the game really came down to it. As a tzeentch player myself, the flayers are a problem because of the mortal wound output. Of course the three man units are more efficient because of the coherency rules. You're getting every attack you can.

So I think this disproves the worry that MSU flayers aren’t gonna be good that I heard floating around before the new edition. As funny as 6 screams is, with the base size I’m feeling its best if I do 2 squads of 3 to cover more ground. 

By the way do you have pics of the converted gargant?

Edited by KibaWildFang

I was there also, and play Bill locally (on occasion, the games do not last long). 

1) Yes, it was a named giant.

2) Bill makes no mistakes whatsoever. 

3) He know your army too, so he knows your mistakes as soon as you make them.

Just want to put it into perspective that we probably could have won the tournament with a list from any army, as he is that good. Most of his opponents conceded within 45 minutes because they were almost tabled by the top/bottom of round 2.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, broverpowerd said:

I was there also, and play Bill locally (on occasion, the games do not last long). 

Just want to put it into perspective that we probably could have won the tournament with a list from any army, as he is that good. Most of his opponents conceded within 45 minutes because they were almost tabled by the top/bottom of round 2.

I’ve been seeing his lists for a while, they’re always really interesting. So, I’m nowhere near Bill’s skill level, so he can probably get more use out of MSU flayers than I can. Should I stick to my 6-man unit, then? Guess I really gotta test around.

20 minutes ago, broverpowerd said:

Yeah I think the only game that went beyond that was his game with Kaleb. Bill really knows basically everything you're going to do.