AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

31 minutes ago, mrteige said:

i would for sure make the Vargulf the general for the extra punch

See this would also have been my assumption, but I've seen a lot of people in this thread running 2 battalions for smash bat, generally favouring AaC (where the general must be AAR or AGK). Maybe there is a better setup, are you running 2 battalions?

32 minutes ago, mrteige said:

would love to spitball ideas if you want to

Totally :D Although if you're running smash bat at the same tournament I would consider doing something else to see how it compares! 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 11:32 AM, zombiepiratexxx said:

List I have designed is here

What @mrteigesaid... your list is not legal, no mordants without varghulf. 

4 hours ago, Kink said:

Or would you play something completely different?

The hollowmourne smashbat is brutal, but the variations are many with a lot of back and forth thinking.

AoSCoach just had a nice YT video about FEC and they had some nifty insights.

I‘m not the biggest fan of your first list, imo horrors are worse than flayers.

Second one without extra CP, only 10 ghouls but with an extra infernal and palisades... he is general in feast day and gets to be a wizzard.

but the AoSCoach list had 40+10 ghouls 6Flayers 6horrors 🤔 also sounded nice.

in the end, it is the general who makes the army, not the list (sad truth of my life)

• Like 1

So I decided to go really “all in” on FEC as my first AoS army. I have several months worth of modeling/painting ahead of me but I need to decide on how to build my knights.

Right now I have enough kits to build 18 knights. Any suggestions on how many of them should be horrors and how many should be flayers?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kaizennus said:

So I decided to go really “all in” on FEC as my first AoS army. I have several months worth of modeling/painting ahead of me but I need to decide on how to build my knights.

Right now I have enough kits to build 18 knights. Any suggestions on how many of them should be horrors and how many should be flayers?

Very very hard to say, apparently battalions are getting a huge makeover so who knows. I would begin painting non modal units. AoS 3 will be here within 2-3 months

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kaizennus said:

They can be magnetized but i found it a real pain, i did about a 50/50 split then magnetized 9 so i have all options covered. You could maybe start with 6 of each for now. Its impossible to tell with aos3 coming we've heard so many rumours now, battalions going and possibly non-batteline being limited to min size.

Horrors don't have rend which has made them become very lackluster as aos2 progressed they aren't hitting 3/4+ rerolling saves. Flayers are better but bravery improved and their melee profile isn't anything special these days, so are starting to feel overcosted.

8 hours ago, Kaizennus said:

Any suggestions on how many of them should be horrors and how many should be flayers?

Welcome to the brave and chivalrous Defenders of Innocence 🗡🥳🔪

I never had success with magnetizing my models, so it all depends on what you‘ll want to play...and how allergic you are against proxy-models.

1 hour ago, Feii said:

Very very hard to say,

QfT...

if forced to make a statement 12 flayer and 6 horror. So mordants can go 6+6...

but the numbergame and musing over variations is on and slowly but surely will drive you crazyyyyyy!!!

and don‘t forget you‘ll need at least 2 courtiers and 2 varghulf

as for everybody musing about AoS 3.0:

well, the book is still there and will be for at least a year. Points and with that the meta might change, but that can be a thing with every FAQ, that wrecks your list with point adjustments or some editor got crushed by something and writes a nice commentary nerfing your rule into the ground.

5 minutes ago, Honk said:

Welcome to the brave and chivalrous Defenders of Innocence 🗡🥳🔪

I never had success with magnetizing my models, so it all depends on what you‘ll want to play...and how allergic you are against proxy-models.

QfT...

if forced to make a statement 12 flayer and 6 horror. So mordants can go 6+6...

but the numbergame and musing over variations is on and slowly but surely will drive you crazyyyyyy!!!

and don‘t forget you‘ll need at least 2 courtiers and 2 varghulf

as for everybody musing about AoS 3.0:

well, the book is still there and will be for at least a year. Points and with that the meta might change, but that can be a thing with every FAQ, that wrecks your list with point adjustments or some editor got crushed by something and writes a nice commentary nerfing your rule into the ground.

I think the main point is there will be no battalions for matched play that FEC use now instead theyare supposed to be replaced by general battalions :(

Thanks for the insights everyone! Because supplies are limited in my country I bought pretty much a whole army, so I guess I’ll save most of the flayers and horrors for last and see what the news is then.

Also, where can I check out the leaks/theories for the upcoming third edition?

29 minutes ago, Kaizennus said:

Thanks for the insights everyone! Because supplies are limited in my country I bought pretty much a whole army, so I guess I’ll save most of the flayers and horrors for last and see what the news is then.

Also, where can I check out the leaks/theories for the upcoming third edition?

in the rumour thread on this website or here www.youtube.com/watch?v=crVCn364tXk @Honk

• LOVE IT! 1

On 4/23/2021 at 6:05 PM, Kink said:

See this would also have been my assumption, but I've seen a lot of people in this thread running 2 battalions for smash bat, generally favouring AaC (where the general must be AAR or AGK). Maybe there is a better setup, are you running 2 battalions?

Totally :D Although if you're running smash bat at the same tournament I would consider doing something else to see how it compares! 

I am running the list with 1 battalion. This is my list:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Hollowmourne

Leaders
Varghulf Courtier (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Grave Robber
- Artefact: The Bilious Decanter
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
- Artefact: Corpsefane Gauntlet
- Lore of Madness: Monstrous Vigour
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Abhorrant Ghoul King (160)
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
3 x Crypt Horrors (130)
9 x Crypt Flayers (510)

Battalions
Royal Mordants (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 103

I'm not sure what i'm running to the tournament. If I can get my IDK shark list painted up in time then that might be the army i'm taking. Otherwise its between Hollowmourne FEC list or a Bloodtoofs IJ list

32 minutes ago, mrteige said:

This is my list:

With Hollowmourne court, shouldn’t your varghulf (general) be the carrier of the Gauntlet? Making him „the real smashbat“?

The extra summoning through the king sounds interesting 🧐 

I cheese in an infernal as general with wizzard trait for battleline, free trait extra regen, feast day aaaand same magic as ghoulking (+40 points), but I guess preferences vary 🥳👍

17 hours ago, Honk said:

With Hollowmourne court, shouldn’t your varghulf (general) be the carrier of the Gauntlet? Making him „the real smashbat“?

The extra summoning through the king sounds interesting 🧐 

I cheese in an infernal as general with wizzard trait for battleline, free trait extra regen, feast day aaaand same magic as ghoulking (+40 points), but I guess preferences vary 🥳👍

What @Liquidsteel said ;)

15 hours ago, Liquidsteel said:

with the Grave Robber command trait

2 hours ago, mrteige said:

What @Liquidsteel said ;)

Have I played that wrong? 
I always thought you‘d have to give your general the court artifact (together with the trait)... ?

It says „first hero has to take“, I never realized your general could pick second 

🤯🙈😂

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Has anyone tried using Mortevell's Helcourt?

It seems like the battalion organization and trait would be an amazing compliment to smashbat, but losing Graverobber makes the whole thing not viable? Then with it being limited to Hollowmourne and the AAR becoming named I cant see this getting any use whatsoever.

4 hours ago, Red_Point said:

Morning fallen nobles, this saturday I will have a match against sob (3x gatebreaker). Do you have any suggestions on how to deal with them or how to list against them?

Mancrusher are easy victims even for our Horrors because their 5+ save. If you play 2000 points and he has 3 Gatebreakers so he has just 4 units. Kill the weak Mancrusher and there are just 3 units. Avoid close combat against all big dudes at the same time. Play the objective game and dance around the big dudes. Our Terrorgheists can kill a Mega in one turn (with feeding frenzy) because Megas aren’t very solid.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sception said:

Take a gristlegore all monster list & out-mash 'em.

Probably ends in a disaster, but fun, nonetheless... with the extra capping power of gargants 

but a fast gristlegore list 🤔

playing the activation game to one-two punch  one gargant at a time. If a gatecrusher activates, somethings going to die...

or flayers flapping to cap lonely objectives ( maybe blisterskin with fly high rule 🥳

Possible but a challenging match up in position and tactics.

gargants kinda sound like the stonehorn lists... carefully thought out battleplan is to rush forward

21 minutes ago, Btimmy said:

Mega's are actually pretty meh in close combat

🤔 debatable, my higher math education guesstimates around 15 damage per melee... but most attacks look pretty swingy.

so charging two at a time might spell trouble