AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

1 hour ago, Liquidsteel said:

Isn't that sword from this guy, part of the cursed city images but missing from the box preview? Could he be the missing 9th hero from the novel?

Screenshot_20210221-085959_Samsung Internet.jpg
no, those minis dont have black nails painted, his sword was a part of another rumour engine and the crossguard is different.

1 hour ago, Liquidsteel said:

Isn't that sword from this guy, part of the cursed city images but missing from the box preview? Could he be the missing 9th hero from the novel?

Screenshot_20210221-085959_Samsung Internet.jpg
no he is about to receive the blood kiss and turn into a vampire. It is the vampire dude who is hanging from the pillar, same hair, same sword, same shoulderguard

12 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Since there‘ll be a new Varghulf:

I‘ve heard Rumours about a list that uses a „Smash Bat“ build. Does anybody know how you have to build your Varghulf so it becomes a Smashbat?

https://thehonestwargamer.com/aos-list-rundowns/breakfast-battle-1-2021/  there is a video too you can find it on his channel. (and there are other similar lists and videos on the youtube just use the keywords smash bat aos) 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Honk said:

Basically as an Hollowmourne general in a Royal Mordant battalion, buffed by an Archregent 

I have seen some lists with archregent as the general because if your smash bat general dies you lose the Battalion rerolls from one of your battalions and archregent gets a higher damage % increase with that command trait. (smash bat will kill most things even without the general trait) 

26 minutes ago, Feii said:

I have seen some lists with archregent as the general because if your smash bat general dies you lose the Battalion rerolls from one of your battalions and archregent gets a higher damage % increase with that command trait. (smash bat will kill most things even without the general trait) 

The Relic and Command Trait are a big deal.  Which might explain why I want to run the smash bat outside Hollowemourne.  It really depends on how smash-y people are feeling.

22 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Does anybody know how

And there you see the various approaches... i botched my last attempt in positioning and target priority.

I ran 2x6 flayers with GkoTg

double mordants is possible 

blisterskin is talked about

it all comes down to preferences and skill 👻 and opponents

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hello all just looking for some advice

I have an event coming up and haven't been able to finish my new army so falling back on what I actually have. I know its not super competitive but happy to just go and roll some dice. 
Just looking for some tips between the two lists both are gristlegore

I have enough painted models for some summons but not enough to run a large crypt horror style list i see talked about

GKoTG
GKoZG
Archregeant 
x3 RTG

vs

GKoTG
2 x Archreagent 
3x RTG
Royal menangerie
Cogs

• LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, kore5022 said:

Just looking for some tips between the two lists both are gristlegore

I like the one with the cogs...

the regents could summon in 40 ghouls for objectives, once the RTGs did their job.

But both are pure meme lists, pretty tricky to pull off...but fun

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Honk said:

I like the one with the cogs...

the regents could summon in 40 ghouls for objectives, once the RTGs did their job.

But both are pure meme lists, pretty tricky to pull off...but fun

Yeah they are quite meme lists but it's unfortunately all I have completely painted 😣

Busy work over the last couple years have ruined my painting lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kore5022 said:

but it's unfortunately all

Just bought a fourth SC-Box, going for gristlegore meme too 🥳

Classic Hail Mary list, but it is so far out of the norm, might get your opponent confused and if not, it‘s still epic.

don‘t forget to yell „for the lady“ when charging 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Honk said:

Classic Hail Mary list, but it is so far out of the norm, might get your opponent confused and if not, it‘s still epic.

whats the for ze lady meme?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Feii said:

whats the for ze lady meme?

that’s the RPG side of FEC 🥳

the „Fleur de Lys“ appeared on the charnel throne, giving rise to the sad delusion that we are the proud knights of bretonia...

and your charge is 2“ farther when screaming „for the lady“. The lady of the lake being a big thing for bretonia in the world that was, praying „the lady protects“ ups your undead Save success by 10%, scientifically proven 🧐

And yelling „I smite thee down, foul abomination“ makes your general look pretty stupid, when the maw whiffs 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Glaurung said:

Bretonnia stuff.

I can't still decide if being rolled into Soulblight could be beneficial for us... Don't really like the idea, but it could be fun.

Could go either way.  BCR got folded into ogre mawtribes, but still maintains a distinct identity and play style.  At the very least, FEC would be able to field hunting dogs (dire wolves), royal falcons (bat swarms), court wizards (necromancers) and banquet wagons (corpse carts), all of which feel like they'd be appropriate and thematic choices.

But it would drop the chances of getting new FEC models expanding their line with thematic new units that better portray the new AOS fluff for the ghouls pretty dramatically, so that would be pretty disappointing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Glaurung said:

erasing the FEC delusion

Vhat delusion might that be, oh mighty noble...😄

tricky thing with new releases, all the hope and anticipation, the fear that beloved things will get ruined.

as things stand, soulblight has nothing to loose and everything to gain... while FEC has a functional book and i would consider it being a step back.

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2021 at 11:49 PM, Honk said:

Do you have a list for that meme-list? 🙂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dejnar said:

Do you have a list for that meme-list? 🙂

MY LIST, the only official and relevant one...

Archregent, GkoTg,

4x Terror and the Menagerie 

calling in a varghulf for hero support and two murderballs will rumble over the plains.

of course no chalice, no chromatic cogs, things that could be worthwhile, instead of the circus. Also dropping one tg would free a lot of wiggle room.

but lacks the TRVNESS (plz ignore the powergaming Archregent), like trve norwegian Black Metal from the early 90s 🤣👻

Edited by Honk

Belated thanks to EvilBob for additional advice. Here's the list I'm thinking of building towards by adding a billion horrors/flayers to my SC:

Flesh Eater Courts - Grand Court: Blisterskin 

Abhorrant Archregent (240)

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)

Varghulf Courtier (160)

6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

12 x Crypt Horrors (520)

10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

BATTALIONS Royal Mordants (120)

2000/2000

C&C welcome. Too many horrors for a blisterskin list? I like that it's exactly 2k points but maybe that's a beginner's list building mistake. 

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, NaturalSix said:

Too many horrors for a blisterskin list?

Yes...no...maybe...

unit size of 12 is massive, not sure if you’ll be able to maneuver effectively.

on an open fiel against low save armies like Nurgle plaguebearers or undead, those horrors will lay waste to everything.

against decent saves, I like the mortal wounds from the flayers better. Also their screams are not totally useless...

i guess a lot depends on style and skillz

On 2/27/2021 at 6:11 PM, NaturalSix said:

Flesh Eater Courts - Grand Court: Blisterskin 

Abhorrant Archregent (240)

snip

Varghulf Courtier (160)

6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

12 x Crypt Horrors (520)

snip

BATTALIONS Royal Mordants (120)

On 2/27/2021 at 6:11 PM, NaturalSix said:

Too many horrors for a blisterskin list? I like that it's exactly 2k points but maybe that's a beginner's list building mistake. 

Definitely not a rookie mistake because there isn’t a black or white answer on this list.  The best I can suggest is looking at the pros, cons, and tactics in grouped topics.

12x Crypt Horrors:

• Expensive on the point value compared to other armies getting wounds, save values, and attacks, cheaper
  • Can leverage the crazy fast 9” move.  Throw Deranged Transformation with Royal Mordants on there for jaw dropping speed and alpha strike or objective snagging.  They can zone out areas around objectives
  • Will need to be in either the Archregent or GKoTG bubble.  They need to be hitting 75% of the time to make up on the lack of rend and attack dice count

6x Crypt Flayers

• Counting as one of the Battlelines is gravy
  • A good sized group when fishing for Mortal Wounds.  Should have an advantage against other skirmishing units
  • Same expensive comment about the Horrors
  • Base 14” movement is very handy.  Controlling when they make contact is important or repositioning to provide mortal wounds support.  The best part might be how this base movement frees up the Royal Mordant ability for the others if need be
  • If a Command Point can be pried away from Feeding Frenzy then the Lords of the Burning Skies could be situationally useful

Varghulf

• Probably should not be used as a Smash Bat with the heavy investment in Horrors and Flayers vying for boosting
  • Might be targeted in order to turn off regen and Royal Mordants
  • Is the only source of six dice to regenerate models from over 40% of the army
  • Fights will need to be very picky so he can meaningfully contribute outside support while still staying relatively safe

Overall Army

• At most only six dice for regen.  Over 40% of the army strongly relying on a small pool.  One constant across all Death faction specific books is regeneration.  Even with Nighthaunt where it looks thin the successful armies have it in what might be in unnoticed savvy ways
  • Normally quagmires is an advantage of Death armies.  With these investments they should be avoided by the “muscle” units unless it strongly effects VP accumulation.  If your opponent can bleed you faster that likely leaves them with more VP opportunities
  • This is a very tactics heavy army.  In some ways Royal Mordant doesn’t give the army flexibility so much as it make it possible to overcome the inherent math-hammer weaknesses.  Picking fights with the Flayers or zoning out areas with the Horrors is going to be important
  • Enemy horde armies will have an advantage securing objectives
  • Hammering with the GKoTG in support of the muscle units should be default.  Random acts of terror or skirmishing as a secondary
  • A second Varghulf for the Archregent to summon would be clutch

• Like 2