AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

4 hours ago, Honk said:

I think it is just fluff and a nice bonus firework if it goes of.

after destroying an enemy unit it triggers on a 6+ so more or less once a game if you table your opponent.

And while it triggers for a second pile in and attack there needs to be a second unit for the attacks.

so yeah, might be interesting for a deadwatch who charge in wide and start murdering..., but nothing to write home about

Thanks bud. The attacking a second unit is when you kill a unit is what got me. Seemed extremely situational and then needing to roll a six to trigger.

On 8/21/2018 at 4:23 PM, Furious Robert said:

I can't look beyond 2 GKoTg and 2 x 10 Ghouls. Plenty of summoning with the option between Crypt Flayers and Horrors depending on enemy. That's an additional 420 points with flexibility to come on any table edge.

Screenshot_20180821-152040.png

There's beauty on a list that can be done with exactly two "start collecting!" boxes and nothing more.

Edited by Jator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2018 at 8:33 AM, Fluttershy said:

like Honks list

thinking ghoul patrol could be an option, too ;)

11gp10.jpg.7d6be3b71c91b4306175aa094e94355f.jpg

head start with 2x artefacts, 2x CP, 2x Varghulf and 3d6 ghoul unit reinforcement (every turn).

sure, ghoul units are weak till they reach 20, but your opponent will probably fixate on killing the 3 couriters and the dragon, so your ghoul units should rise above 20 ;)

I'm new to 1K points, so trying to follow along...

How does the above list have 2x artefacts? It looks like it has none.

Also, how does it have an extra command point?

Finally with the 2 varghulfs and the ghast...isn't it actually 3x 6 (18 total) dice every turn and not 3d6?

Cheers!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

I'm new to 1K points, so trying to follow along...

How does the above list have 2x artefacts? It looks like it has none.

Also, how does it have an extra command point?

Finally with the 2 varghulfs and the ghast...isn't it actually 3x 6 (18 total) dice every turn and not 3d6?

Cheers!

Hey man,

I think they just aren't added on the list, but you can have 2x because of the battalion (1 default and 1 from battalion). Ditto for the extra CP, battalions give you an extra one. 

For the final question about dice, OP is referring to the Battalion ability for Ghoul patrol where you add (not revive dead) 3d6 Ghouls per turn (separate from Courtiers usual reinforce abilities).

Hope that answers your questions  

Edited by ClockworkGeo91
Mistake
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, James S said:

The attacking a second unit is when you kill a unit is what got me.

It sounds so good and is a charm when it triggers, but it never does and I usually forget to roll, because I make strange munching noises and tell my opponent, that meat is what’s for dinner XD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gdead909 said:

Hey guys,

Where has everyone said their court is from for realm artefacts? Is everyone going for the reslm of light for the CP artefact. Maybe the realm of fire for the ignax scales?

Realm of Metal!

That's where my army is based out of in the fluff. Not sure what it means for realm artefacts....haven't looked into that. :/

Edited by Mr. White
  • Like 4

Quick question gentlemen. Is the Nightfeast box coming back? It's been out of stock on the GW site for a while. I loathe the idea of having to buy everything individually. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

1 hour ago, James S said:

Quick question gentlemen. Is the Nightfeast box coming back? It's been out of stock on the GW site for a while. I loathe the idea of having to buy everything individually. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Some physical stores may have stocks left. I was at the warhammer citadel (the GW+their own brand of starbucks) and they had a number of the non start collecting value boxes like Nightfeast or Frenzied Goretribe.

One store I know, heaven knows why, still has a few Warhammer Fantasy Battle Wood Elf Tree People Army boxes.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Some physical stores may have stocks left. I was at the warhammer citadel (the GW+their own brand of starbucks) and they had a number of the non start collecting value boxes like Nightfeast or Frenzied Goretribe.

One store I know, heaven knows why, still has a few Warhammer Fantasy Battle Wood Elf Tree People Army boxes.

Thanks bud. Guess ill have to go shop around. 

The key theme to FEC is deranged cannibals believing themselves to be noble warriors. The Batteltome only seems to equate that with traditional Knights and such, but expanding on the core theme, that probably shouldn't always be the case. Maybe I'm not 100% up on my Realmslore, but I would assume there are plenty of realms/regions that never had that sort of 'Knights of the Round Table' culture. Could ghouls on Ghur actually see themselves more as noble tribesmen or something? Seems possible.

I went with Chamon, because we happened to have that first Realm Gate book, and I like the Bretonnian idea of revering a Lady. The tragic character of Celemnis fit the theme and SCE were the 'good guys' during her time.

Looking at the background to Aqshy, this Orb Infernia region looks pretty cool.

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Orb_Infernia

During the Age of Myth it was a proud sky kingdom. A rich world of miners and artisans. Orb Infernia seems to be in ruin now, but I would think that an FEC army here would think itself to be what ever martial force was in place back during the glory years. I'm doubting it was knights on horseback, but the area seems ripe for imagination. How did the citizens get around? Sky ships? Wings made of some contraption or another? Maybe go heavy on Flayers due to the FEC force being the guardians of this once regal sky kingdom? (Deadwatch is a great battalion)

This region also looks ripe for conflicts with Chaos (deamon princes of all four chaos gods) and Order (slann).

This is all just an initial idea. There are plenty of other areas to go into. Hallowheart. Maybe do something related to the rain of stars that fell from the sky ruining many chaos cities. Do the ghouls living in those ruins think they're Star Children? What about a group of nutters who think they're a fyreslayer lodge?  Ghouls with mohawks! ;)

Edited by Mr. White
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Mr. White said:

The key theme to FEC is deranged cannibals believing themselves to be noble warriors. The Batteltome only seems to equate that with traditional Knights and such, but expanding on the core theme, that probably shouldn't always be the case. Maybe I'm not 100% up on my Realmslore, but I would assume there are plenty of realms/regions that never had that sort of 'Knights of the Round Table' culture. Could ghouls on Ghur actually see themselves more as noble tribesmen or something? Seems possible.

I went with Chamon, because we happened to have that first Realm Gate book, and I like the Bretonnian idea of revering a Lady. The tragic character of Celemnis fit the theme and SCE were the 'good guys' during her time.

During the Age of Myth it was a proud sky kingdom. A rich world of miners and artisans. Orb Infernia seems to be in ruin now, but I would think that an FEC army here would think itself to be what ever martial force was in place back during the glory years. I'm doubting it was knights on horseback, but the area seems ripe for imagination. How did the citizens get around? Sky ships? Wings made of some contraption or another? Maybe go heavy on Flayers due to the FEC force being the guardians of this once regal sky kingdom? (Deadwatch is a great battalion)

This region also looks ripe for conflicts with Chaos (deamon princes of all four chaos gods) and Order (slann).

This is all just an initial idea. There are plenty of other areas to go into. Hallowheart. Maybe do something related to the rain of stars that fell from the sky ruining many chaos cities. Do the ghouls living in those ruins think they're Star Children? What about a group of nutters who think they're a fyreslayer lodge?  Ghouls with mohawks! ;)

Beautiful my friend. Thank you so much for the inspiration. I have my FEC boxes sitting waiting for how I am going to theme them!

Wish I had half the imagination that you did ;) 

I'll phot up when I have my first Aqshy Ghoul created!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mr. White said:

Further:

Had a look into the Orb Infernia, so many options here - they could be from the Tzeentch Maze Continent (crystal bases) but still carry the Characteristics of Aqshy (red skin fiery temperament) and see themselves as a crusading army driving off the Lizard Emperor and the forces of Chaos.

Love it. Thanks again

• Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 1:38 PM, Mr. White said:

Hey @Mr. White

Building upon your earlier suggestions, I have drawn a quick map of the Kingdom of Netherbane, located in the Continent of Nugatoria in the Orb Infernia:

1826818051_MapNetherbane.jpg.1c7f7f3ccf3f32537397a1e36e82a917.jpg1368014312_Netherbanelocation.JPG.33e132ccb2b974dd5cf7ecfa44e6d6ed.JPG

I have the beginnings of my great and noble line!

• Like 2

I played some games in competitive , i think is the ''better'' 2000 points Fec at this moment.

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Delusion: depends

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Trait: Magestic Horror 
- Artefact: Blood River Chalice 
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
- -2 bravery item
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)

Battleline
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Units
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (180)

Total: 2000 / 2000