AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

I believe we are somewhat of a highly mobile glass cannon army, can be durable with 5+ FNP and resurrection, but overall we look to hit the opponent hard and generally have the game decided by turn 3.

We don't HAVE to Alpha and often it's best not to, but certainly an army that can do it.

Opponents always find the summoning a threat and messes with their deployment, so you can mind games with it.

Plenty of different competitive lists out there, I have 3 that I switch between but there's at least 1 other that I would try if I had enough Flayers.

• Thanks 1

I really need to try out a blisterskin orbital strike list, when this nurgle thing is over...

a deepstriking gkotg, 6 flayers with two heroes and the flayed pennant should be a nice „welcome back“...

or a mean spirited MSU objective hogging 

4 hours ago, Liquidsteel said:

I believe we are somewhat of a highly mobile glass cannon army, can be durable with 5+ FNP and resurrection, but overall we look to hit the opponent hard and generally have the game decided by turn 3.

We don't HAVE to Alpha and often it's best not to, but certainly an army that can do it.

Opponents always find the summoning a threat and messes with their deployment, so you can mind games with it.

Plenty of different competitive lists out there, I have 3 that I switch between but there's at least 1 other that I would try if I had enough Flayers.

But isn't there like a big difference between having part of the army in the front and the other part all the way in the back next to the throne? I don't know, just feels a bit weird, lacking in the midfield, and hard to reinforce each other.

I guess like you said, strike first, strike hard, and if it doesn't work gg?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, lemonicus said:

I don't know, just feels a bit weird, lacking in the midfield

The threat of reinforcements coming in from the sideline is real and gives your opponent something to think about. 20ghouls could suicide grab the opponents home base, in (iirc) falling stars/gifts from heaven you can react to randomly spawning objectives far better than other armies.

Something I need to do more of is pushing my archregent forward after turn 1.

24 inches on his spell is decent but if your main units are getting stuck in early it's easy to fall outside of this once you factor in charges and double pile ins.

I think he should definitely be sitting mid board as once he's summoned he should be getting stuck in.

15 minutes ago, Liquidsteel said:

I think he should definitely be sitting mid board as once he's summoned he should be getting stuck in

That makes a lot of sense, running out of Area of Effect for buffs or spells seems to be my downfall normally.

13 hours ago, Honk said:

The threat of reinforcements coming in from the sideline is real and gives your opponent something to think about. 20ghouls could suicide grab the opponents home base, in (iirc) falling stars/gifts from heaven you can react to randomly spawning objectives far better than other armies.

I have mix feelings about this. Some times it threatens them, but some other times realistically they struggle to get a charge and pile in properly, and get massacred in the subsequent turn, since just 20 with no hero support nearby. Tried also with flayers and some better results, since they can be more independent.

9 hours ago, lemonicus said:

I have mix feelings about this

True thing, I had 3 Flayers crumble against 10 tree revenants...

it all depends on scenario and opponent. With playing a bit more careful, I got s lot more mileage out of my fragile knights (and Kings). Also the unholy vitality nerf is sad...

Edited by Honk

• 2 weeks later...

Really can't figure out what's the best loadout for FeC in the current meta.

Blisterskin+deathwatch has been lackluster and with huge core issues because of the extreme list composition.

Gristlegore with a drop 2-3 list had Better results overall but still behind many top armies (and to a degree also behind many newer armies that are right below  top tier).

Luckily for me i could also experiment with Hollowmourne with big walls of horrors but they are a trap. Very behind the aformentioned popular two options.

Then there is Morgaunt...which i never tried but feel that since it focuses on our least efficient unit, the ghouls, is the least viable of the Grand Courts.

As a bonus, i tried a lot of games with Feast Day realizing that free double attack is triggerable less often than one could hope. The real upside of this choice is a better freedom to tweak our Heroes, especially the Archregent which our strongest and most reliable piece.

After something like 30+ games, most of them very competitive or in tournaments, i have no real clue on how to bring this battletome to the top..

Motivate me with your achievements!

I played to times with  Flesh eater army. ( Vs Kharadron and Gargant) 

Won both battle. Its was a 1000 point battles. 

My little army looks like that at the moment:

Blisterskin (+1 extra command point) 

Archregent and GkoTg

3 Flayer

10 GHOUL 

(and later joining 3 more Flayer and 1 Vargulf)  

Absolutely happy with them. 

in my opinion these are our top tier lists:

first, Blisterskin Royal Mordants. Probably with one terrorgheist, as is our best way to do mortals, but recently Bill Souza played a list in a local tournament without terror , playing an unit of 40 ghouls, 9 flyers, 9 horror (hollowmourne with the crypt infernal as general) i guess that's a way to don't instalose if we lose our terror against shooting armys. But i prefer the classic mordants with terror, archregent, varghulf, and a unit of 9 flyers, another of 6 horrors, and two of 10 ghouls in blisterskin.

Secondly,  gristelgore lists, my best list is Archregent, terror with gk, 3 terror in royal menagerie battalion, 10 dire wolfs and a corpse cart (+cp and chalice)

Third, the classic deadwatch list,blisterskin 1 terror, archregent, 9-3-3 flyers crypt infernal and fill how you please, i've been trying 6-3-3 with 2 terrors,  probably the best list still bill souza list (LVO)

and fourth, and in my opinion the best way to play FEC is the ghoul patrol list, i play as blisterskin too, archregent, 2 gk on terror,ghoul ghast 40-10-10 ghouls, chalice cp, we have a nice item against shoting, a good way to engage as early as possible, 4 drops, two terrors... i don't know, if anyone has found another way to play them in the current meta, please tell me. There are som ways with crypt horrors, but i don't really like how they work i feel like we don't have a way to protect our heros to abuse our muster hability against shoting or magic, so we need speed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Kalonos said:

snip

.. recently Bill Souza played a list in a local tournament without terror , playing an unit of 40 ghouls, 9 flyers, 9 horror (hollowmourne with the crypt infernal as general) i guess that's a way to don't instalose if we lose our terror against shooting armys. But i prefer the classic mordants with terror, archregent, varghulf, and a unit of 9 flyers, another of 6 horrors, and two of 10 ghouls in blisterskin.

There’s another added benefit as well.  AoS has generally done a good job of moving away from the old Hero-Hammer days of WFB.  Bill has more dice (point-for-point) for dishing out damage at the cost of a higher precision attacks on a GKoTG.

My blobs of 40x ghouls always come with an Archregent and the holy grail.  So much board control, up to two objectives with careful planning and a little luck.  After the first two Death sets of endless dud spells FECs’ were some kind of miracle.  Just the act of replacing (and repositioning) crypt ghouls can be a whole other meta game.

First of all thank you all.

All your replies and feedback were really helpful.

Last night i tried this Blisterskin Royal Mordants list against Fireslayers with great unexpected success.

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
 - Grand Court: Blisterskin

LEADERS
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
- Artefact: Eye of Hysh 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Hellish Orator 
Varghulf Courtier (160)

UNITS
9 x Crypt Flayers (510)
6 x Crypt Horrors (260)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

BATTALIONS
Royal Mordants (120)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Chalice of Ushoran (50)

TOTAL: 1980/2000 WOUNDS: 105
LEADERS: 4/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 2/2 ENDLESS SPELLS: 1/3 ALLIES: 0/400

I'm want to test this list again vs different opponents and higher tier armies to maybe bring it to the next local tournament.

Courtiers were amazing to keep my two hammer blobs running and the double threat of GKRT + Flayers mob proved to be psychologically devastating for the opponent.

My only doubt is that this list is still a Drop 4 and for a loadout that focus this much for a big initial alpha strike...i don't know...

Generalized question yall:

I'm getting a mate into AoS. He's starting Tzeentch. I'm adding the last faction to my death line up, aka FEC.

Being new, I asked for advice on the FEC facebook group.

Based upon that advice, I constructed my SC box into an Abhorrent on Terrorgheist, 3 flayers, and of course 10 ghouls.

Assuming anything up to 1500-2k is feasible for us to play, what should my next steps be? More Ghouls? Another SC? Varghulf?

5 hours ago, Lord marcus said:

what should my next steps be? More Ghouls? Another SC? Varghulf?

Abhorrent Archregent and a Varghulf for sure...

then it depends on your playstyle, but you can‘t go wrong with another SC-Box. Double gheist is brutal. 6 Flayers is a nice unit size and 2x10 battleline  and you‘re set for blisterskin 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Honk said:

Abhorrent Archregent and a Varghulf for sure...

then it depends on your playstyle, but you can‘t go wrong with another SC-Box. Double gheist is brutal. 6 Flayers is a nice unit size and 2x10 battleline  and you‘re set for blisterskin 

Wouldn't the ghouls be ineffective at 10 men each? Mainly because of fragility?

Sorry, new to FEC and just finished my once over of the BT

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Lord marcus said:

Wouldn't the ghouls be ineffective at 10 men each? Mainly because of fragility?

Sorry, new to FEC and just finished my once over of the BT

Depends what you're using them for, some lists they're only there to fill the battleline requirement. Most of mine sit at the back of the table stopping deepstrikes and holding backfield objectives. The fact that they die when sneezed at doesn't make much difference if they never get into combat.

If you want them to push forward and kill things then 10 is definitely too few but for most other uses 10 is just fine.