Hello,

I am a new FEC player. I just got hold of an army consisting of:

1x ghoul king on zombie dragon

2x gk on TG

1x vargulf

6x crypt flayers

60x ghoul

3x crypt ghast courtier

What would you suggest I go buy (more of )? Or could I make a good team with what I got ?

I usually play 1500-2000 points

Best regards

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, SoSoCho said:

What would you suggest I go buy (more of )?

Nothing, start playing...

maybe get an Archregent or valid proxy. Then I would recommend to hit  the local tables before throwing money out the window.

you might need a second 6 flayer squad😇 then another varghulf then 30-60 more ghouls, an infernal and well, all the „start collecting“ boxes you an find...

2 hours ago, SoSoCho said:

Also the "thrones free summon" obly works on the ghoul king on foot ? No free summon from "gkotg and gkozd" ?

Ghoul King and Archregent are able to use their summons next to the throne and not spend command points.  

And, to the best of my reading comprehension, you are correct that the GKonTG/ZD do not get to use their command abilities for free.  

7 hours ago, SoSoCho said:

got my *** kicked by my friends Bonereapers

That is to be expected, when playing against the new cheese... They don’t seem to be cut out for friendly games 😂

just think about what you‘ll want to play.
An Archregent, the throne and the chalice you’ll need for sure.

A Gristlegore Stomp?

Gkotg +AAR+4GT +RMenagerie 

So Archregent and one more beauty (proxy one terrorgheist)

flying heroes of Blisterskin? you’ll need 12 more flayers and two infernals, with an archregent of course

neverending hordes of morgaunt 
trolly list, but 60 more ghouls two ghasts the chalice, AAR a gk on foot?!

and a Mighty Horror brick is also nice, 6-9 horrors roaming with your gkozd... still AAR with throne and chalice 

don‘t worry about not spending your money. If your only opponent is OBR, you‘re still in for a rough ride...

4 hours ago, Midjithero said:

And, to the best of my reading comprehension,

Since I proclaim that wrongly two times before, you read this correctly, sadly mounted kings CANNOT use the throne...

Quick question - Feast Day states “once per turn”, so just to verify, I can do it in my opponents turn too... 

example...Battle Round 1: opponent Turn, My Turn...

if my opponent charges a unit into me on their turn, they select a target to attack, then I select a target to attack, and then I can immediately use Feeding Frenzy on the unit that attacked, and can utilize Feast Day to do it for free.  

Then, on my turn (still Battle Round 1), I can select a unit to attack, immediate use Feeding Frenzy to attack again, and utilize Feast Day again to do FF for free?? 

4 hours ago, Midjithero said:

Quick question - Feast Day states “once per turn”, so just to verify, I can do it in my opponents turn too... 

example...Battle Round 1: opponent Turn, My Turn...

if my opponent charges a unit into me on their turn, they select a target to attack, then I select a target to attack, and then I can immediately use Feeding Frenzy on the unit that attacked, and can utilize Feast Day to do it for free.  

Then, on my turn (still Battle Round 1), I can select a unit to attack, immediate use Feeding Frenzy to attack again, and utilize Feast Day again to do FF for free?? 

Yes

14 hours ago, Nixon said:

What are the best things about the faction and what are the weaknesses? 

They are mighty and glorious knights riding out to save the realms from peril!

not sure what you are looking for, but  FEC can go all out big monsters or fast and mobile flyers or end with never ending hordes. And all in between. Also the regeneration of models can frustrate opponents to no end.

imo the biggest weakness is the low save and essential heros.
strong shooting or a solid countercharge can put a serious wrench into the cogs.
Magic is kinda mediocre compared to Nagash, tzeentch Or teclis, but very useful and important.

real life Money wise is the Start collecting Box unmatched in utility.

• Like 2

Doing my first game with fully painted minis this weekend. It's not my ideal list but it's legal and includes all my fully painted FEC... I prefer blisterskin with more flayers and maybe 2x 40 ghouls, but I'm not quite there yet with painting! What do people think?

Gristlegore

AAR with monstrous vigour

GKoT, gristlegore trait, devastating scream/heal 3 per turn or reroll jaw attacks, not quite decided yet, probably blood feast for added mortals and healing potential but might go with the run and shoot spell. Grim Garland artefact.

GK on foot, add wounds to movement spell, gristlegore artefact.

Crypt ghast courtier

40x ghouls

10x ghouls

GRZD

3x horrors...

Battalion is the 3x ghoul king/archregent one cant remember name.

Chalice of ushoran and the barricade.

1980/2000

Summonwise itll likely be a varghulf, 3x flayers and 10x ghouls coming on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ghoooouls said:

What do people think?

Gruesome Bite is the best mount trait, fishing for 6s, too good!!!

9 hours ago, Ghoooouls said:

Battalion is the 3x ghoul king/archregent one cant remember name.

For the royal family battalion, you need 2-6 kings on foot...

haven’t done the math, but think about King’s Ghouls battalion, no battleshock 18“ from the courtier. Especially the big block can be left alone with the courtier and take a beating.

happy hunting!!!

and remember to kill the unit coherency with the mawshard, I always forget 🙈

Edited by Honk

46 minutes ago, Honk said:

Gruesome Bite is the best mount trait, fishing for 6s, too good!!!

For the royal family battalion, you need 2-6 kings on foot...

haven’t done the math, but think about King’s Ghouls battalion, no battleshock 18“ from the courtier. Especially the big block can be left alone with the courtier and take a beating.

happy hunting!!!

and remember to kill the unit coherency with the mawshard, I always forget 🙈

I used to think this too, but under battalion organisation rules page 13 of rules, it states that any sub-headers under the unit title are ignored unless specifically stated in the battalion, and any unit with the unit title ('abhorrant ghoul king' in this case) can be used. So going by the rules, you need the AAR or the AGKoT/dragon for the first part as it specifically states so on the battalion, but the second part is 2-6 abhorrant ghoul kings, so any unit with the title 'abhorrant ghoul king', ignoring subheaders (which would be on royal terrorgheist or dragon) can be used.

In either case it was my opponent that pointed it out and suggested it a while ago so I'll be able to use it as is for friendly games.

I do love gruesome bite and will probably go with it tbh especially with gristlegore for the d6 wounds on top! I'll check out kings ghouls again as tbh my only use for the current battalion is the extra command and faster deployment anyway! 

Killing coherencey is the plan here, as I usually give the shard to my regent who sits back and never uses it so this time I'm hoping to actually get a use from it haha!

Edit - definitely gonna use the kings ghouls instead, I was under the impression I hadn't qualified for it with my units!

Edited by Ghoooouls
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 hours ago, Ghoooouls said:

I used to think this too, but under battalion organisation rules page 13 of rules, it states that any sub-headers under the unit title are ignored unless specifically stated in the battalion, and any unit with the unit title ('abhorrant ghoul king' in this case) can be used.

Well, after the charnel throne mess up I‘m a bit hesitant about those wordings. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Honk said:

Well, after the charnel throne mess up I‘m a bit hesitant about those wordings. 

This. The fact they errata’d the throne, and that the battalion in question already specifically calls out a mounted Ghoul King, the intention definitely seems to be that the 2-6 Ghoul Kings must be foot ones

15 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

that the 2-6 Ghoul Kings must be foot ones

Oh GDubs, when will you ever learn...?!

but I guess with the KEYWORDS things were always kinda clear, except for the one time, when they wrote it like there is an „optional mount“ 🙈

but I guess since the throne specifically allows your Ghoulking to use his/her „Call-men-at-arms“ ability and none of the other kings have that ability...

but that discussion broke after I tried having a varghulf who knows black/malific hunger And unholy vitality since it was the keyword ABHORRENT GHOULKING  and so he should know all the spells ... 😅

17 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

This. The fact they errata’d the throne, and that the battalion in question already specifically calls out a mounted Ghoul King, the intention definitely seems to be that the 2-6 Ghoul Kings must be foot ones

But they didnt errata the battalion, so as per the current rules, you can use mounted kings.

The fact the battalion already calls out mounted ghoul king for the first part means that, unless you use an AAR, you MUST have a mounted one in addition to any other kings to qualify for the battalion, it doesnt mean battalion rules are ignored.

Whether it is their intention or not I dunno, seems weird that they FAQ'd the throne and have had well over a year to faq the battalion and still haven't done it if it was their intention.

Edited by Ghoooouls

Played my first game as FEC yesterday and had a blast!  Played my brothers new 210 wound Blight King list, it was Rediculous LoL!  I made 3 pretty critical mistakes but played the mission (new Forcing the Hand) and snuck a 14-12 victory.  

List was AAR, 2x GKoTG, 2x Ghoul Courtier, Ghouls 40/10/10, Chalice and Ghoul Patrol.

he deployed heavily caged screening his heroes and 5man groups with his 20 blight king unit and 30 plaguebringers.   He gave me first turn so I outflanked the 2x 10 ghouls to the side objectives and took the center with the 40 and chalice.  Pretty much the game revolves around the center as he didn’t want to die, and I kept replenishing ghouls ;)

my first mistake is I should have waited for turn 2 to summon.  I brought in 6 flayers and a varghulf but they literally did nothing and I forgot to do feeding frenzy for free.  

second big mistake was I forgot to save a CP to inspiring presence the 40block on turn 3, so they died to battleshock LoL 

I also kept the AAR on the Throne (albiet next ti an objective) but didn’t really make good use of him or Blood Frenzy.

overall we had a blast but we did have 1 tough question pop up...Chalice says it’s ability happens at End of Turn, and Objectives are scored at End of Turn.  What is the order of operation?  We rolled it and determined to do chalice first, but if it was opposite it would have totally changed the outcome of the game.

thanks for reading! :) 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Midjithero said:

Chalice says it’s ability happens at End of Turn, and Objectives are scored at End of Turn.  What is the order of operation?  

congrats to the epic victory!!!

If I remember the ruling correctly, coming from the „start of the melee phase“ ruling, whoever has the turn, decides the order of things ...

6 hours ago, Xasto said:

What would a hollowmourne list look like?

Well you could:

archregent; Ghoulking; Ghoulking on Zombiedragon; crypt haunter courtier

2x9 horrors; 10ghouls

chalice and chrono cogs

with the gk or the cogs you’ll kinda have wiggle room, same goes for the gkozd vs gkotg, so you might try for the „abbatoir“ battalion (120)

You’ll summon up two varghulf, run and charge with +1 and the cogs make them pretty fast. Around the gkozd they‘ll reroll everything and with three courtiers and the chalice your opponent has to wipe a unit or it‘ll be good as new next round.

Haunter as general with dark acolyte and you‘ll have a lot of magic too... but I‘m always thinking about feast day then 😅

Hi all. 

I was looking to start with Flesh Eater Courts in AoS, but some of my friends told me that they were a bit outdated and weak compared to newer books. 
Is this true? I like the look of the models, but I also don't want to pay for a new army to see them get rocked by my friends (newness to the game aside).

They mostly play Legion of Grief, Kharadron Overlords, Daughters of Khaine, Skaven, Anvilguard, Blades of Khorne, and I think Tzeentch? So a wide array of armies. 

On 7/17/2020 at 10:27 PM, SoSoCho said:

Hello,

I am a new FEC player. I just got hold of an army consisting of:

1x ghoul king on zombie dragon

2x gk on TG

1x vargulf

6x crypt flayers

60x ghoul

3x crypt ghast courtier

What would you suggest I go buy (more of )? Or could I make a good team with what I got ?

I usually play 1500-2000 points

Best regards

I think that you need the scenery, the spells (our endless are great!!), the arch-regent and more flayers (you can use a unit of 6-9 and summon more) and horrores (they´re cheap and good in mordants).

H.