AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

Is if gong full flying legion, maybe something like:

Blisterskin
Abhorrant Archregent on foot (General, Hellish Orator and Deranged transformation)
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (The Grim Garland, Spectral host and gruesome bite)
Crypt Infernal Courtier: Eye of Hysh
Varghulf Courtier

6 x Crypt Flayers
6 x Crypt Flayers
3 x Crypt Flayers
DeadWatch
Chalice of Ushoran
Extra Command Point
Charnel Throne

Throne can still be in a good combat place and be used to heal the AGKoTG in a hard combat

I can still summon some decent support also like a flanking a Vargulf&3 Flayers to help assult, or even 3 Crypt horrors and 20 Crypt Ghouls to take an obj

5 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

Is if gong full flying legion, maybe something like:

Blisterskin
Abhorrant Archregent on foot (General, Hellish Orator and Deranged transformation)
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (The Grim Garland, Spectral host and gruesome bite)
Crypt Infernal Courtier: Eye of Hysh
Varghulf Courtier

6 x Crypt Flayers
6 x Crypt Flayers
3 x Crypt Flayers
DeadWatch
Chalice of Ushoran
Extra Command Point
Charnel Throne

Throne can still be in a good combat place and be used to heal the AGKoTG in a hard combat

I can still summon some decent support also like a flanking a Vargulf&3 Flayers to help assult, or even 3 Crypt horrors and 20 Crypt Ghouls to take an obj

I think Blisterskin has settled on a 9-6-3 configuration for the Flayers.  I'm sure there's quite a bit that has been said earlier.  I think Horrors do best being summoned but some people swear by them as a counter-strike force.

• Like 2

Question 2:

Do FNP type effects stack here? For example, Deathless Courtiers says ignore wounds on a 6+. Unholy Vitality says ignore wounds on a 5+. If both apply to a model, do I get TWO rolls to try and "feel no pain"?

30 minutes ago, MrTuna said:

New FeC player reading all 127 page has has been a blast.

Welcome mighty and noble King,  1. yes, it adds to all different melee attacks 
2. yes, after failing to prevent a wound through „unholy vitality“ you can try to ignore them with „deathless minions“

Just now, Honk said:

Welcome mighty and noble King,  1. yes, it adds to all different melee attacks 
2. yes, after failing to prevent a wound through „unholy vitality“ you can try to ignore them with „deathless minions“

Wow. I am surprised FNP type things stack like that.

Have my 2k points of FEC on the table, gotta do some glue glue and some paint paint, then perhaps by the time I have this force ready (mid-June?) I can try my first AoS game.

I assume a generals handbook 2020 is due soon, let's hope they don't kill FEC too bad ;)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, MrTuna said:

Wow. I am surprised FNP type things stack like that.

Well it buffs one of our main heroes, at the cost of his only casting attempt.
And on a 6, not really a save bet and  it can also be countered from 30“ away.
The armywide 6+ FNP is just a last resort, they all run around naked and a 4+ armor for a melee hero is just not kicking it.

A friend of mine complained back in the days, when I started rolling all my saves... next round his Kurnoth Hunter just shot my king to pieces

AoS Noob but I am familiar w/GW and  WFB/40K question,

Assuming fun but not uncompetitive/illegal list, in a Blisterkin and buying an extra CP if I am fielding my AAR w/throne and AGKoTG Is there something I am missing with CP Management & Summoning not to take the AGKoRZD to snap my Varghulf onto the board IF I was going to field a Varghulf anyway (I can totally understand skipping it if I was not taking him.)?

I've read that FEC is a very CP hungry army but with a 330 point differential cost (Paying for AGKoZD Summoning Free Varghulf but buying the 1CP) and Orator for the 50% chance of regaining a CP seems good? Plus I don't waste the bonus mount trait from my Battalion. 

What are your thoughts? 

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Dorn Jr said:

What are your thoughts? 

I don’t know how your list is supposed to look like. FEC is very hungry and goes through CP like crazy. that’s why feast day is such a compelling option (6-8 CPs).

but blisterskin is fast and you’ll get flayers as battleline, so tricky question.

1 minute ago, Honk said:

I don’t know how your list is supposed to look like. FEC is very hungry and goes through CP like crazy. that’s why feast day is such a compelling option (6-8 CPs).

but blisterskin is fast and you’ll get flayers as battleline, so tricky question.

I am just verifying I am understanding the Summoning mechanic correctly and the value of choosing a hero to summon something I was planning on taking anyways. If it flat out didn't work I would bump the Zombie Dragon to the bottom of the build/paint queue. 🙂

15 minutes ago, Dorn Jr said:

the Summoning mechanic

Pay a CP and one of the summoning heroes (GK, AA) may once per Game call in the reinforcements.

the ruling on the charnel throne is convulent and confusing.

the Warscroll states more or less „Archregents“ and „Ghoulkings“ may summon for free.... first it was Ghoulking in bold letters do models with the keyword Ghoulking. That also included King on gheist and dragon.

they though that is a bit too good and removed the bold typing, so it only referred to the ghoul king on foot...

then they (kinda) changed the Gk Warscrolls, so the Abhorrant Ghoulking has only one official Warscroll and the gheist and the dragon are only mere mount options.

so against their first decision, mounted ghoulkings can use the throne again. Best GDubs Style and brings happy discussions to the table...

Hey, 

can I cast ferocious hunger multiple times on the same unit? Each time adds more attacks?

i also don’t understand how chalice works on my opponents turn. The wording is different in different places. My opponent picks who it heals?

Edited by MrTuna

7 hours ago, MrTuna said:

Hey, 

can I cast ferocious hunger multiple times on the same unit? Each time adds more attacks?

i also don’t understand how chalice works on my opponents turn. The wording is different in different places. My opponent picks who it heals?

So no you can’t cast the same spell twice unless it’s specifically stated 

secondly I think that only applies in the mirror match

On 5/23/2020 at 9:55 PM, Dorn Jr said:

AoS Noob but I am familiar w/GW and  WFB/40K question,

Assuming fun but not uncompetitive/illegal list, in a Blisterkin and buying an extra CP if I am fielding my AAR w/throne and AGKoTG Is there something I am missing with CP Management & Summoning not to take the AGKoRZD to snap my Varghulf onto the board IF I was going to field a Varghulf anyway (I can totally understand skipping it if I was not taking him.)?

I've read that FEC is a very CP hungry army but with a 330 point differential cost (Paying for AGKoZD Summoning Free Varghulf but buying the 1CP) and Orator for the 50% chance of regaining a CP seems good? Plus I don't waste the bonus mount trait from my Battalion. 

What are your thoughts? 

Bringing 2 mounted GKs is too CP-heavy for Blisterskin, you can just take Cogs in Feast Day army, or cast Spectral Wings and auto run 6 for CP

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gdead909 said:

Can you explain how your opponent picks who it heals? Or where it states that?

The only confusing part to me, is that it says the player who's turn it is picks where the units are healed.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gdead909 said:

Um wear does it say that

...in the Errata released in December 2019.
It seems that the Warscroll in the app has not been updated since July 2019, so it's not accurate.

Unbenannt.PNG.a23502cd3e1f90a62ebb93a89296fcbc.PNG

As far as I know is that the player whose turn it is, have to heal / bring back units, as long as it is a valid option. He/she can not simply refuse to use the Chalice of Ushoran.

For example: in your opponent's turn 10 Ghouls died and there are 20 Ghouls left in that unit, but a group of 3 Flayers is also in range of the Chalice, one model with 3 damage (wound characteristic of 4). You're rolling the dices and gain four 4+, your opponent now can heal your Flayer and ressurect one Ghoul OR any other combination of four wounds healed or models ressurected (with a wound characteristic of 1). For better understanding, this can happen:
- 1 damage healed on Flayer and ressurected 3 Ghouls
- 2 damage healed on Flayer and ressurected 2 Ghouls
- 3 damage healed on Flayer and ressurected 1 Ghouls
- 0 damage healed on Flayer and ressurected 4 Ghouls

It is just a tool to give your opponent a small tactical advantage, in the example, you should normally choose to heal the Flayer and ressurect one Ghoul, because they die fast and do not the damage the Flayer does. So your opponent surely wants to ressurect more Ghouls for the chance of killing your Flayer.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong...